Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Lasting Impression {P} (Me and Kabuto)

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/03/2009 12:59 PM

Robin rose to her feet as well. There was no point in letting him wander about by himself like an idiot. He was already drawing enough strange glances from the crowd, and she didn't need him pacing to make it worse. She supposed he was planning on leaving soon to do whatever it was that was dangerous and she was helping with. If she stayed seated for too long he might forget she was going to help and waltz off without her.

"Alright," she said, tugging at the hems of her clothing like she always did when getting ready to do something. "Where're we off to?" It seemed like a rather reasonable question to her, yet she somehow suspected he would launch into yet another complicated explaination that told he nothing at all.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1062
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 12/11/2009 1:26 PM

Eager to be moving again, he began to walk out the shop. His pace was slow enough that Robin would not get left too far behind, but his loping stride tended to be faster than most. Often he found himself backtracking or turning round in order to keep up a decent conversation.

"Oh, not too far. Just a few shops down, at the end of that road. You might walked past it on your way here. You'll be surprised the things you don't notice sometimes. The number of people who just walked past-Well, it doesn't matter now. That's gone." Wow, he was beginning to lose his knack for keeping secrets. He had just been about to slip the word TARDIS into his conversation so casually-it was rather worrying really. Not as worrying as the fact he had lost it in the first place. How that had happened, he had no idea. But until he discovered why (or at least, where it was now) he was stuck in this place. No matter really-Evelon certainly could be exciting enough. Especially if his hunch was right

{Sorry, bad post. Kept getting interrupted >_<}

{Darrian: 5/5, 5}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2009 9:59 AM

Robin followed him from the cafe, listening to him talk. He seemed to be talking to himself more than her, but she didn't especially care. She was going to enjoy this... whatever it was. He still hadn't told her what they were doing- or what any of this had to do with coffee beans- but she could tell she was going to have a good time. Even if he was just a nutter, she could always play along and get a good laugh for her troubles.

She hurried to keep up with him, thankful for all the equiptment hauling she had to do before each gig for keeping her in better shape than most. He had to be weird about his walking, too? Odd man... Couldn't even order coffee right. He seemed to need something, although wether that "something" was a friend or a babysitter, she couldn't be quite sure yet. She was leaning toward babysitter.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 12/31/2009 7:21 AM

He couldn't help but feel pleased that she was managing to keep up with him. It was a small detail but it made him feel more confident, like he had made the right choice. Though he was an expert at winging it and appearing confident on the outside, Darrian often had conflicting thoughts and doubts. It was when one of those doubts was louder than the others that he knew it was time to listen to it. So far he had had few doubts about this blue-haired female. He took it as a good sign.

Reaching the place he was looking for, he skidded to a sudden hault outside it. It did, indeed, look perfectly ordinary. Far too ordinary really-after all, shops were all about grabbing attention and attracting customers. The fact it was closed in the middle of the day didn't really help either. He often suspected aliens would not make good businessmen.

"This is the place," Nodding his head towards the shop, he crossed his arms and tapped his foot excitedly. What he really wanted to do was go charging in, all bravado and bluffs. But it was only fair to explain to Robin what they were charging into. And that posed some trickiness, "Do you think I'm mad? I mean, obviously I have a few screws loose up here. But, if I said something...unusual, would you believe me?" He was always asking so much of the people he met. It was a miracle any of them put up with him really

{Darrian: 1/5, 5}

{I'm not that great at writing action :oops: Any ideas about how the next part could go?}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/06/2010 6:50 PM

He'd taken her to a closed shop? Well, what had she been expecting, a mall? Honestly, he'd said she had probably passed the building without noticing it, but she hadn't expected it to be so, well... plain. They could have at least had the decency to be open. It was only the afternoon, no time for any shopkeeper worth his salt to have shut down for the day.

She just stared at him as he spoke, then had to stifle a giggle. She wasn't quite sure where he was going with this, but the answer seemed quite obvious to her. "You've been saying odd things all day, and I've followed you this far. What makes this one any different?" she responded, trying her best not to laugh at him.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 01/17/2010 7:01 AM

"True. How very odd of you." Grinning, he subtly slipped out his sonic torch and began working on the door. It was only a basic lock, the aliens clearly not thinking anyone would be trying to stop them. His companion would probably be wondering why he was flashing a torch at a door, but he could probably wave it away. Or should he just tell her? She had stuck by him long enough for now, perhaps he should go the whole hog.

"You see, the people in here aren't exactly like you. They're...more like me. Well, from your point of view anyway. Because, well...You were born on Evelon right? And I...wasn't. Exactly." Wow, he had sounded more scrambled than usual. But he had finally said what he'd been meaning to say, even if he wasn't that clear. How would she react? Well, that was up to her of course. She could leave if she wanted. After all, it wasn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to grasp or accept. Then again, perhaps he had just babbled a bit of unclear nonsense. Either way, he felt good about telling her. It seemed like the right thing to do

{Darrian: 2/5, 5}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/28/2010 5:10 PM

Robin stared at him for a moment, procession what he had just said. Wait... Not from Evelon... Did that mean..? Her heart skipped a beat as she realized the implications of what she thought he meant. He was an alien! Oh, gods, was she excited at the prospect of being near a real alien. All those books and movies must have lied though; this guy looked completely and totally like a human.

"So you're telling me," she said slowly, "that whatever's on the other side of this door is as out of this world as it gets and is afraid of coffee?" Good, she'd avoided using the word "alien." Things would have been too awkward if he meant something completely different, and it was just his odd wording that made her think spacemen.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous