Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Lasting Impression {P} (Me and Kabuto)

Postby kabuto_rocks » 08/23/2009 6:06 AM

Yes, her idea was probably the logical one. Darrian mused this over. Of course, things were never as simple as him just waltzing next door and getting the information he wanted. Well, he had just waltzed into places before...but he was fairly certain that that was not the answer this time. Perhaps, once he was sure there was alien activity, then he would waltz in. But until then? Well, you couldn't charge into a place and ask if there were any aliens about. That would just get him locked up in all probability.

"Well, it's not a thing. It's more...information of a sort," He tried to think of a way to put it simply, "Like the police. They look for information, don't they? Something like that." Distractedly, he glanced at the door. Nope, nothing. Hmm...perhaps his suspicions were correct then.

Realizing he might be seen as being rude, he turned back to his companion (Wait, he wasn't going to use that word. That suggested permanent sort of things. He turned back to his...acquaintance? Sidekick? Ally?) Anyway, he turned back to Robin and smiled.
"Do you know what's in coffee?" Of course, the randomness of his question didn't seem so random in his 300-year old head. Actually, it seemed like a vital sort of question to ask, especially at this moment. No doubt she would think him a little strange though

{Darrian: 2/5, 2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/23/2009 8:51 PM

Well, she supposed information would be a bit harder to simply walk in and grab. She had been thinking of an item, something tangible that he could get and walk away with.

"I guess waiting would be a better approach than barging in then," she said, glancing down at her cup. Empty. She sighed, considering leaving the conversation to get a refill then discarding the idea as he asked a peculiar question.

She just stared at him for a moment, puzzled. Coffee? Really?

"Well, coffee beans, I'd say," Her answer contained a bit of sarcasm. "But, considering the way this talk has been going, I'm going to assume you'll tell me different."

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1062
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 08/24/2009 5:05 AM

He couldn't help grinning at her comment. Was he really that transparent? True, he was perhaps overly fond of contradicting people. He felt like he should, what with being so smart. It drove his companions round the bend sometimes.

"Well, yes, that's strictly true. But I was thinking more along the lines of what's in a coffee bean. Hang on a minute." Darrian suddenly got out of his chair and began to walk over to the counter. He greeted the same server as before with a smile, which was returned with rather a nervous look.

"Listen, do you have any coffee beans?" The assistant blinked, and began to point and read from a long list of coffees. Darrian shook his head impatiently, "No, not coffee. Already had one of those, thanks. Just a bean." It took some negotiating, but eventually he returned to Robin triumphant, holding a single coffee bean in his hand.

"Take a look at that." By his tone of voice, you'd think it was the most exciting thing in the world, rather than just a slightly grubby coffee bean

{Darrian: 3/5, 2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/26/2009 5:35 PM

See, she knew it. There was more to the question than he'd originally said. But, what's in coffee beans? How was she supposed to know that?

Robin was about to express this opinion- was well as probably adding something about how much of a nutter he was sounding like- when he left. Just gotten up and left. Oh, her and her talents of finding the weirdest people to talk to.

She listened to his exchange with the cashier from her seat and couldn't help laughing at her expression when he asked for the bean. That poor woman needed a break soon, that was for sure. When he returned, she almost laughed again, stifling the giggle with the back of her hand.

"Yeah, and?" she said, trying her best not to hurt his feelings by laughing at him. But this guy was so out there!

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 09/02/2009 9:07 AM

{Sorry for delay, I was on holiday}

He was geared up now, in full 'look-at-how-great-this-object-really-is' mode. He just couldn't help it-he enjoyed having someone there for him to show off to, and explain random facts to. He had heard her laughing from the counter, but didn't really care. He liked to think it was more of a bemused laugh rather than a cruel one. This female certainly didn't seem cruel anyway.

"And? And look at it!" Darrian's whole manner had changed, although he hadn't noticed it himself. He had switched from slightly reclusive and a bit mad stranger, to an excited Timelord, "Inside that tiny little coffee bean there are about...30? 30 different kinds of compounds. Now most of these little compounds just get destroyed when the coffee bean gets turned into coffee. But some of them don't. Did you know you can be allergic to one of these compounds?" He suddenly pulled back his hand and tossed the coffee bean up into the air before catching it again. He beamed curiously at Robin, apparently oblivious to how bizarre he sounded. Grinning good-naturedly, he tilted his head.

"You think I'm crazy don't you? Be honest now." His tone suggested he didn't really care either way. Heck, perhaps he was crazy. He certainly didn't know anymore

{Darrian: 4/5, 2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 09/03/2009 4:40 PM

Well, he knew a lot about coffee, that much was fur sure. Normally she would have just left by this point in such an odd conversation, but she was curious to see where he was going with this. Then he stopped and asked her a rather socially awkward question.

He certainly didn't seem crazy to her. She'd seen someone crazy before and he definitely wasn't it.

"No," she responded calmly, half smiling at the idea. "You just like trivia and telling that trivia to other people. It's understandable to want to tell others what you know about something you find interesting." She cast a glance to the seat he had failed to resume and wondered if he was ever going to sit down again or just spend the rest of his time bopping around the cafe and badgering that woman every ten minutes. "Mind telling me what the importance of the compounds in coffee beans is to... whatever it is you're after?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 09/05/2009 2:25 PM

A different kind of smile, one of surprised pleasure, appeared at her words. It sounded almost like she knew exactly what he meant. Normally people thought him at least a little crazy at first. He pondered curiously for a few minutes about this girl with the blue hair. It seems his feeling that she was a little different was right.

Seeing her looking at the seat, he realized he had been sort of hovering for the last few minutes. He slid into it, but perched on the very edge. After all, he might have to leap up again shortly. Darrian never quite knew what he was going to do until he actually did it.

"Ah well, it's quite simple," Her question brought him back down to what he was talking about, "You see, if what I suspect turns out to be right, then I might need this. Because, if the thing which I think is another thing actually is the other thing, then it's allergic to a chemical in coffee beans. And I might need a coffee bean or two in order to bargain with it. Because...it might be dangerous." He watched her carefully as he said those words. He hadn't known whether or not to say them in the first place. Some people started to panic at the first mention of danger. She seemed stronger than that of course, but you could never be quite sure. Such bizarre creatures sometimes, even to a 300 year-old time traveler

{Darrian: 5/5, 3}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 09/08/2009 4:36 PM

Robin watched as his expression changed, if only slightly. Apparently her answer had been what he was looking for. Most people wouldn't have noticed that and then might have lumped him in with the crazies. Grinning abnormally didn't usually help with public relations, but she wasn't about to mention anything. It was just a personality quirk, she supposed, so it wasn't going to stop just because she said something.

Then he spoke in that oddly intriguing manner of his. And, by "oddly intriguing," she meant saying a lot without really telling her anything useful.

"You're being vague again," she said, puzzled but excited. Her eyes lit up and she smiled at the mention of the word "danger." Danger wasn't something she got into often, but it always proved to be worth her while to get into.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 09/25/2009 2:49 PM

{I am really, really sorry about the delay. I started school three weeks ago, and between finding the time and the muse to post, and separate projects (It's an important school year, and extra-curriculum looks good) it's taken me ages to reply. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm making excuses, and I'll try and find the time to post quickly}

"Sorry. Vague is often my specialty." He was telling the truth there. He rarely got the opportunity to tell people everything he wanted to. Perhaps that's why he was a bit odd at times. He kept a lot of things bottled up deep down, and as any budding psychologist would tell you, that was never a good thing. Darrian wasn't sure what he would tell if he had the chance. Having so little practice at sharing personal information, he wouldn't know how to begin.

Suddenly, he spotted something that was extremely familiar and yet rare in itself. He could see a sort of light enter her eyes, a light he was always hoping to see. It usually meant excitement, anticipation...any and all of those things. It was a light that every single one of the Timelord's friends had had. It was that light that made him want to tell her all.

Knowing it was not a possibility, instead he leaned back and relaxed. His smile was replaced with a strange look, one that suggested age beyond his physical appearance. It was serious, but not unfriendly.
"What do you think of danger exactly? Aren't you scared?"

{Darrian: 1/5, 4}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 10/06/2009 5:21 PM

There it was again, that something about him that lurked just below the surface of what he was willing to tell. It hinted that there simply had to be more to him than the eye alone could perceive, and she only managed to pick up on from her days of making sure she was paid fairly for her work. That skill never struck her as useful outside the scenery of flashing lights and beating music until she met this guy.

"Danger normally brings me more fun," she responded, her smile fading a bit as well. What was he so concerned about? There was no reason for him to worry about her as far as she could tell.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 10/17/2009 5:46 AM

This was all getting a bit serious. But some things had to be said so you knew where you stood with them. Lightening his mood slightly, he ran a hand through his hair.
"I know what you mean," He had rather a nervous grin, a self-conscious one. It was an unusual mood, "Sometimes, say if there's a disaster or something...I feel a bit guilty if I'm not completely solemn all the time. But, you have to carry on as normal right? I mean, you can't stay sad all the time." He doubted he was being clear, given that clear was something he rarely was. Hopefully he was at least vaguely comprehensible though.

Blimey, all this over a coffee bean. Shaking his head, he decided to make a snap decision.
"So...you fancy a little danger?" He knew he shouldn't invite her along. Really, it wasn't a good idea. But he had one of those feelings, and they were very hard to ignore. But he shouldn't get ahead of himself. She could always decline after all. Some people did do that, and it was often the ones you expected never would. This saving-the-universe act could be very confusing at times

{Darrian: 2/5, 4}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 11/10/2009 12:48 PM

Robin nodded. There was no way she could have had the same experiences he had, yet she somehow knew the kind of thing that had prompted this. He had far more going on in his life than he was letting on, but she found it best not to pry. "If you brood all the time you'll never get anything done," she said, trying to show that she knew what he meant.

Then he mentioned danger. He could see no harm in accepting his offer; after all, she might have fun with it after all. "Sure, I'll go," she said cheerfully, grinning slightly. "You have to explain what we're doing first though."

((Blarg late fail DX<))

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/16/2009 1:10 PM

Phew, she hadn't thought him a terrible person for what he had said. Of course, Darrian was aware that he could indeed brood at times. To be fair, he had a lot to brood over. But he preferred being cheerful, even if it wasn't always practical or easy to do so. He was always one to try though-you had to have hope.

"Brilliant!" His grin illuminated how happy he was that she had accepted. See, he should always go with his feelings. Even though his brain was mentally cursing him for putting yet another person in possible danger. Still, it would hardly be extremely dangerous stuff. Not with a few coffee beans in tow anyway.

"Well, it's quite simple. Ish. Actually, that was a lie. It's not really simple at all," He sighed. Of course, his mouth had run ahead of his brain again. He had forgotten the whole 'alien' issue. How could he bring that up without sounding crazy?
"The thing is...what if I told you something was real that you might have thought...wasn't?" He had to admire this Robin in a way. If things had been the other way around, even he might have left himself by now

{Darrian: 3/5, 4}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 11/17/2009 12:57 PM

Robin smiled as he did. For some reason, she found herself happy when he was happy. Odd. She normally didn't care that much about others' emotional states, yet this guy seemed to have a profound influence on her mood. He was an odd fellow, to say the least, with his manner of asking seemingly unconnected questions of her. She could only hope they would all tie together when she managed to finally get him to tell her what was going on.

"Depends on what it is," she said simply, propping up her chin with one hand. "At this point, you're likely to say just about anything as far as I can tell." She smirked slightly. "If It's too outlandish I'll just ask you to show me."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/18/2009 4:47 PM

He had a small private laugh in his head at the use of the word 'outlandish'. Was he outlandish? Probably, when it came to terms about his species. A Kuhna who could change his face might be considered outlandish by most. Perhaps showing her really was a good idea.

"Maybe we can walk and talk?" Yes, he had sat still for far too long. He got to his feet anyway-if she wasn't ready to move yet, he'd probably just walk around a little bit. Anything, as long as there was movement! In his mind, staying still only led to trouble. Or cramp, "Like most things, it's not really easy to explain."

Briefly, he scanned the table for things he might have left behind. For a moment, he considered taking the empty cup of coffee. Could it come in useful? Naw, he doubted it. After all, what more did he need than the single coffee bean he already had? And perhaps a friend as well

{Darrian: 4/5, 4}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext