Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

A Mishap in Choosing {P}

Postby Rehab » 04/02/2010 6:45 PM

Eros loved traveling from places to places with no destination in mind. It was the best way to find them. Them being creatures like Glaze her bleached Beetanke. Any creature that had a different color from one would expect was what all she wanted. Even so, she knew she would have to settle down long enough for her brother to visit her. Otherwise she wouldn't hear the end of it form her mother. At least, father understands her want of finding unusual things.

Glaze looked around the stores. He didn't care for noise personally. It might be because some of the people passing by didn't bother avoiding his antennas. It was a pain at best, but Eros wanted to stock up for a bit.

"Glaze? Would you like me to get you something," Eros glanced over at him. "I mean last time I forgot to get you a snack and, so, you got in mine."

He placed one of his antennas on her shoulder, 'Something sweet.'

Eros frownded, "That doesn't tell me much at all."

'Sorry.'

"Sure you are." She looked around the stores a bit before heading in to the nearest one. It seemed to be a general store. A little bit of everything. Her kind of store.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Re: A Mishap in Choosing {P}

Postby Rehab » 04/02/2010 8:49 PM

Glaze didn't followed her. She didn't tell him to go with her in the store. It was easier for both of them if he stayed outside. He did take it upon himself to protect her at all cost. Her mother may had a hand in it, but it was him to agree. He wasn't force to after all. He didn't gain anything out of it either. He was capable of taking of himself. Even so, he couldn't be at her side at all times.

It took Eros about half an hour. She didn't say anything as she continued on her rounds. Glaze followed her. He was thinking about the first time he had meet her.She wasn't bothered with the fact he was an insect. No. She wasn't. She looked at him with wonder in her eyes. She loved him because of his coloring. Nothing more and nothing less. She also gave him a name right there and then. Even though he had already been given a name. He didn't tell her though.

At times, her dedication to finding unique creatures scared him. One time she took up camping around some wild Battleheart that she thought was handsome. She was lucky that Battleheart didn't mind having a potential meal gaze at him with adoration. If anything, that saved her. What bothered him was the fact he wouldn't have been able to protect if that Battleheart decided she would have been wonderful to eat. What point was it to have a bodyguard if said bodyguard was useless defending you.

"Glaze, did you hear me," Eros stopped turning to face him. She didn't wait for him to response, "I take it you're not."

'Sorry,' he placed one of his antennas on her head. 'What did Eros ask Glaze?'

"I hate it when you speak like that. I bet you do that to distract me or something," Eros frowned for  bit, "I asked 'where would you like to meet my wonderful little brother?' only to have you ignore me." Eros smiled at him.

'Would you be settling down for a while?'

"Maybe. I told him I would, but I kind of don't want to."

'Best to keep your promise. We could stay her for a bit. It's not too bad here.'

"I suppose. If that's the case, I would like to visit the Tengel Rainforest. The forests have lots of fruits there that might be sweet," She smirked st Glaze.

Glaze sighed. He also forgot her nasty habit of already making plans even when she asked his opinions. She probably thought of it as soon as he said he wanted something sweet. She could be scary without her need to find unusually creatures.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 04/02/2010 9:33 PM

"I mean I might be able to find a Moonling. How cool would that be. A Moonling of my own. I'm sure it would be... mean, but it's a Moonling!" Eros was going of again about yet again another unusual creature. It seems everything she did was for her want of uniqueness.

'Your dedication amazes me at times.' Glaze lifted his antenna from her head.

"You just say that to make me blush," Eros laughed. She differently wasn't blushing at Glaze's comment. "Why didn't you find a place to crash later tonight. A good inn for now, but not too expensive." She left Glaze to his new task as she kept on walking down the street. Glaze figured she was going to find some odd job she could do.

Finding a good inn was Glaze's job every time Eros wanted to stay in some city. He couldn't pay for a room or anything, but he did make suggestions to Eros which inn is the best for what she is willing to pay. The people that bump his antennas help to an extent. Either way his job requires little thinking skill for him. He already had a spot in mind.

He started to think about Eros. When he found out her name at first, he thought it was a nickname or something. But Eros was indeed her real name. It turns out her mother loved unusual names. Thus Eros loves for unusual things was born. Nothing really special to be honest. Her brother on the other hand didn't care for unique things. He treated them like every day things. The two siblings were indeed different when it regards 'pets'.

Glaze wouldn't consider himself a pet. Others might, but that's just because they don't know why he serves Eros. He might consider themselves a servant serving a master(or mistress in this case). He wasn't a slave or the one blindly following her orders. Even so the servant and master relationship was a little to simple. Eros was weak. He knew this. She loved him that was sure, but if something better came by she would forget him. He could accept that. That was her way.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 04/02/2010 11:23 PM

Still, it would be foolish to think he didn't feel hurt by it. He does indeed have emotions, he just tended not to show them. He didn't want to bother Eros with them. Besides, keeping Eros happy was hard enough without adding in hurt feelings. She was needy at best. Right now, she would be okay. When they are in cities like this one, she calms down and doesn't need to be taken care of as often.

Eros... had always acted more reserved around other of her own kind. Well, more so then by other creatures. Like that one Battleheart. She didn't dare to ask the Battleheart to be hers, but boy did she talk to it like she did own him. They talked about their favorite things, places to sleep, and food. Actually, food was both their favorite subject. They even got him on the subject on several occasions. Not once did the wild Battleheart think of eating her. He guessed the Battleheart thought of her as his pet of sorts. He did seem upset when Eros told him she was going to wander again to find unique creatures. He did threaten to eat her if she stayed to long.

Which means he should remind her they would have to visit that Battleheart in a couple of weeks. At the very least sent him some sort of letter. He did say he was going to be in human form for a whole. If so, that would mean a letter would be okay. The Battleheart mentioned he did have an address Eros could write to. He would have to make sure Eros took the time to write. He didn't want to see if the Battleheart would carry out his threat.

"Mommy, what is that?"

"A Beetanke. And stop staring it's rude."

Glaze ignored them. Little boys always seemed to comment on his kind. Little boys like insects for the most part. Little girls kept away from him. Eros, a little girl Eros, smiled at him and actually hugged him at thier first meeting. It surprised him. And if he had to admit, he was indeed overjoyed at her reaction. She was the first little girl that wasn't scared of him.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 04/03/2010 12:04 AM

When he thought about it, Loon never seemed to be bothered by him. He would hardly comment on Glaze when he was there. Loon wasn't scared of him, but he also seemed indifferent towards him. It was his indifference that bother Eros. Over the years of their childhood, Eros tried to get him attached to at least one creature. It wasn't recently that their mother got him a bodyguard of sorts. Eros seemed unhappy about it. Glaze could only assume it was because the bodyguard wasn't unique enough for her. She claimed she wanted the best for her little brother. Something about getting him a baby Turkezilla or a Fellox. He didn't bother to tell her those are terrible choices for a beginner.

A Turkezilla. They used to scare Eros. Enough for her to have numerous nightmares. She claimed she saw a wild pack of them devour some poor guy, but he wasn't sure to trust her in that. She did have a habit of stretching the truth a bit to make her stories sound that much 'epic'. Now, Turkezilla are just one of her favorite things to own. A Plush one to be exact. She did have a stuffed toy in her bed at her parents home. It was one of the few things she missed.

And the Fellox thing was just because she thought of her brother as a loner. In her mind, loners got along well with other loners. So that must mean a Fellox would get along with her brother easy enough. Yet again, he didn't tell that is just not so. Fellox just don't care for others. It didn't matter if the other was a Fellox or not. Her brother on the other hand had trouble with his fits. He had been getting better with them, but every once in awhile something would set him off in his panic episodes. He had a hint to what it could be, but he wasn't quite sure. It was a theory more then anything.

During his thinking, Eros found him again. She got what she wanted. Supplies and payment for a job well done. Glaze didn't know the real reason why she went to the volcanoes by herself. She wasn't going to tell him either way. It paid good money. And good money meant more travels with Glaze. She enjoyed traveling with him. He made things... interesting. And that's what matters the most. Not like she would tell him that.

"Hey, Glaze! Are you thinking about silly things again," Eros gave Glaze a hug from the side. "Found a place?"

'Yeah, I did,' Glaze touched her head with one of his antennas. 'It's not far from here. Should we rent a room?'

"Yeah, but no sleeping yet. I heard about some rumors. I want to check them out some more." She had that look again. Another rumor about some strange colored creature.

'Whatever you wise.'
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 04/04/2010 5:42 AM

The rumor talked about a strange Yingshee being born from a common enough Yingshee. Eros was a little downhearted upon finding out the color wasn't as rare as she had hoped for. At best the Yingshee would have an uncommon color. Even so, she wanted to check it out. It wasn't like it would cost her anything if she did so. The owner didn't want it either way.

Eros was moping in the room she got. It was a place that was okay with bigger pets like Glaze. She was hoping for something big. She really wanted to show her brother her hard work, but now it seems like all of it was for nothing. He wouldn't believe her if she just told him she talked to a Battleheart with a snarl from him. Nor would he believe her when she would tell him she saw a strange looking tail. It looked bleached, but she wasn't so sure to be honest.

Glaze looked over at Eros. He could only sigh as he placed one lone antennae on her hand, 'stop sulking. I know you expected more, but rare creatures are meant to be hard to find.' Eros didn't seem to perk up at that. 'It was only by chance your mother found me. If I recall correctly, and I do by the way, your mother was searching for a pet like me for at least year if not more.'

"She wasn't too picky at first," Eros smiled a bit, "She thought a plush Fenling would too. If it was male... maybe."

'you must admit it is unusual that an different color Yingshee was born.'

"I suppose." Eros started to giggle, "you always make me feel better. No one ever had to order you to do so. You take your vow so serious."

Glaze lifted his antenna at that. He petted Eros head and let her go to bed. He had made it a habit to stay up until she was sleeping. His vow... she didn't make him take it. No one did. He made it to her because... well to be blunt he wanted to make her laugh. He didn't expect her to take his word for it. He had to admit, she didn't make it hard to uphold his vow. If anything, he was bothered by the fact it was to easy to be so... loyal.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 04/04/2010 9:47 PM

The first time they had meet. She was more open then, if that  was possible. She would tell everybody around what she was doing and what she going to do soon. Whether that meant she was eating, playing, or walking to the bathroom to do her business. Most of the time it was- annoying at best, but he got used to it soon enough. It was easier as she grew out of the habit of hers. Her mother commented on it in fact. It seems Eros calmed down around Glaze. Only a little bit, but enough to convince her mother to have Glaze be her caretaker of sorts. More like an unpaid babysitter then anything.

It wasn't the fact she was so open with everything that won him over. It was her first action she did upon seeing him. She hugged him. A little girl that was barely seven hugged him. She smiled and said something, but she hugged him. He didn't comprehend what she said after a good three minutes. Turns out she gave him his new name. She already knew she wouldn't be able to pronounce his name. He later asked why Glazed. She just smiled and said glaze donuts where her favorite.

Well, maybe it was because she was so open that won him over. He would be lying if he said otherwise. He didn't make that vow right away, but it was soon after their first meeting. It was a week after that first day. It was when her mother returned saying Glazed was know Eros to have. Eros wanted to give her a collar. Something to show the world he was her pet. The vow was made as a joke more then anything. He was surprised when she agreed to it. He would point out using that means of ownership wasn't so obvious. She didn't care. Something about it being that more real then a silly collar.

He couldn't help but chuckle at that. Eros had always and well always want some means of control. If that what she wanted from him so be it. He gave her his word and she accepted it. Besides, it was fun in it own way. She had never used against him and he doubt she would now. If anything, it was easier for him to manipulate her now. Not like did very often. Only for her safety.

He was a caretaker first and foremost.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 04/07/2010 5:06 AM

When morning arrived, Glazed woke up Eros. Eros wasn't really a morning person. If she had her way, she would never wake up before noon. It's too bad that Eros always have to go up much too early. She hadn't order Glazed to wake her up, but he did so anyways. She was the one that wanted to see the sheep early. Not him.

"Sleeeeeeeepy... later..." Eros turned over on her other side. Glazed lightly shook her once again. "Huh?"

'Didn't you want to see the Yingshee?'

"Whut?" Eros blinked and rubbed her eyes. "Yeah..."

'Well, you should be getting ready to go then.'

"Hmmm... okay." Eros rubbed her eyes some more before getting out of bed. She was always rather slow when she first woke up. Added bonus- she also talked less.

It took Eros about forty-five minutes to be fully ready. Another ten minuted to eat along with Glace. It would take about an hour to walk where the Yingshee was at. Eros was hoping the traveling merchant was still there. Hopefully he was and hasn't yet sold the Yingshee already.

"Maybe I should come up with a name. What do you think Glaze?" Eros answered herself with using a mock voice of Glazd's, "I though you didn't want it." She continued on her conservation with herself like this for the rest of the way. Glazed just following her not saying a word.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 04/12/2010 12:05 AM

ImageImage

"He's still here," Eros started to run over to where the merchant was, "maybe he still has the Yingshee." The merchant seemed to be packing up. Eros stopped in front of the merchant panting.

"A customer? I'm afraid I packed up most of my wares," the merchant closed his sack of goods. "I do have some hair pens and earrings out. I'm sure a young lady like you would enjoy them," he handed her some examples of them. All Eros could think was how cheap and common they were.

"No... thanks... A Yingshee... maybe?"

"I still have her. Not many want a Yingshee unless you're a farmer hopping to harvest the wool." He went to the back of the stroll. When he came out, an organic colored Yingshee was on the other of the rope he was holding. "If you want her, take her. She would cost more to travel with then to I could hope to sell. I can throw in a collar for a price."

"No, I want to see if she could get along with Glaze"
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 04/13/2010 11:44 PM

"Okay, I suppose," he handed her the rope and went pack to packing. "You have five minutes. After that, I'm leaving."

"Well Glaze. What do you think. She seems plain to me." Eros bent down a bit to give the Yingshee a little petting on her head. The Yingshee seemed to like it.

Glaze put on antenna on the Yingshee. "Is there anything special about you at all. Besides your color. To Eros here it's not really unique."

"Once there was this cough going around the others when I was about a month old. I didn't get sick like the others. I'm also the best at leaping!" The Yingshee was still young, and thus thought her abilty to leap was the best trait she had.

Eros touched Glaze other antenna as he took the one off the Yingshee, "What do you think?"

"You would like her. I belive she has gifts that might be useful on your travels."

"That's good," Eros nodded. "Hey, Mister! I'm buying this Yingshee."

Glaze look back down at the the Yingshee. He hoped she liked traveling. Eros didn't like to stay in one place to long. The Yingshee was busy munching on some the plant life by the road. She was young, but maybe Eros will like that about her.

"Your name is Apple, now. Later I'll get you a collar. Unfortunately, this guy didn't have anything that matched you," She pointed back at the now packed up merchant. He seemed happy now he got rid of the Yingshee. "Will be staying here for a bit. I need to wait for my brother after all." She smiled Apple and petted her head once before she took off the rope.

"I'm surprised we're still staying here."

"Don't be."
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 04/14/2010 12:05 AM

During the day on their second day here, Eros was busy with her job. Whatever it was. Glaze never asked her what she did do th get the money she has on her. Glaze and Apple were busy with finding jobs themselves. Well, Glaze was. Apple was just busy exploring the city freely and not with some rope pulling her along. She did stay close the the Beetanke.

Apple touched one of Glaze's antenna, "Mistress seems, strange."

"She is a bit."

"And what's this thing wanting to get me a collar saying I'm Mistress's Apple?"

"I would say a little quirk she has."

"Do you know what she does at her job?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Are you even looking for something you can do to earn money?"

Apple then stopped contract with Glaze. She thought he was kind of cool, but now, he just seems boring. Eros was loads more interesting. And why didn't Glaze know more about her. They must nave travel to lots of places. It didn't make sense to her. Anyways, what job could she get as a Yingshee. Glaze was a Beetanke. He didn't know the pain of being a simple farm animal in the eyes of most humans.

Maybe that was why she liked Eros. Eros wanted to take her, a Yingshee, on her search for rare creatures. It didn't cross Eros mind to take her to some farm and collect her wool. Traveling seemed so much more fun. She could only imagine what she'll be able to eat. Wasn't the grass always greener and better on the other side?
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate