Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Halfway across the Universe for Company and Coffee {P}

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/06/2010 6:21 AM

Ah, so she had believed in aliens. That might explain why she wasn't exactly freaked out right now. Or perhaps she had just had time to digest the information. How long had he been gone? A week, longer? He was struggling a little to remember, and he didn't want to remind her of the fact he'd been missing just to get his answer.

For a second, he had wondered what on Evelon she was doing. The touch caught him off-guard and while he didn't jump or anything, he did stare blankly at her for a moment or two. Then he realized of course that she was feeling for his other heart, and he relaxed.  Gently, he moved her hand slightly to the left.

"It's more over there." He mumbled, then blushed. Why was he blushing? He had no idea really. It wasn't something he did often and it wasn't something he was particularly fond of. He stood there awkwardly for a moment before replying.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere for a while now so I guess you're in luck," He grinned softly before quickly planning out how to answer her next question in his head. It was simple enough, and yet there were so many ways it could come out sounding wrong. After all, it had been an accident arriving here and meeting her, but he didn't want her to think that because it was an accident he regretted it. He'd just have to be careful when choosing his words.

"Evelon? Well, it was kinda accidental. You see...well, I had this ship. A TARDIS, that's what it's called. Or was," What had happened to it? However nice this place was, he really wanted to know. It couldn't just vanish could it? He missed the old girl..., "Anyway, I lost it. Or it lost me if you prefer. Which I do. Makes it sound like it's not my fault then. Either way, I woke up here, on this planet. And then I had a craving for coffee and heard about some aliens, at which point I met you and-well, you know the rest." He beamed cheerfully, trying to push the memory of his ship aside. It would do no good to dwell on it.

"So, what about you? What's your history?"

{Posts: 1/5, 40, L8}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Re: Halfway across the Universe for Company and Coffee {P}

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/08/2010 4:02 PM

Robin felt her face warm in a blush that matched his as he touched her hand, smiling nervously and pulling her had away slowly, almost reluctantly. Why was that? She never reacted like this to guys, especially ones who stepped out for weeks at a time. Although she was having a difficult time staying angry at him, this reaction was different from anything she usually did.

His promise of not leaving for a while was more than a bit reassuring. She didn't want to go chasing after him again, whether the pursuit took her across the town or the universe. She really didn't want him to leave her again under any circumstances.

She listened to his answer, still not knowing what she was expecting of it. What he said made sense, of course. She had not expected him to have chosen to come here for any reason, though her ego was silently moping about how she hadn't been the reason for his arrival. No, it would make more sense for him to have just shown up by chance. She just happened to be a random run-in during the course of his day, albeit a pleasant one.

"Me?' she said, wondering why he would want to know that when his life must have been much more interesting than her own. Then again, maybe that was the reason. Maybe the normality of it was what he found appealing. "Oh, not much. Grew up with a little brother and a single dad who likes experimenting with cooking. Got an aunt who's a little loopy and a cousin who doesn't talk much. I don't go home much now because I've been living with Valjean and Danse and the rest of MIL, a band I got into a little while back. And you know I've been working as a DJ for a little bit, which is more about beating drunks off the sound board than the actual music." She sighed, realizing just how odd that sounded after she said it. Most people didn't spend their evenings beating drunks off of anything.

Now it was her turn again. She thought for a moment, trying her best to avoid the subjects of his planet and his ship, both of which seemed to be sore areas when he mentioned them. "Alright, what have you been up to since I saw you last?"

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1062
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/10/2010 12:19 PM

A soft, almost wistful smile spread across his face as he listened carefully to the account of her life. Though she probably would find it a little odd if he said so, he was fascinated by her life. Granted, the whole beating drunks didn't sound particularly glamourous. It angered him a little, to think of people heckling her. He couldn't help but wish once more that he still had his ship, though this time for a different reason. While he wasn't certain (you never could be certain about these things) he was almost positive she would have enjoyed the odd trip or two, if he was able to invite her. She had that kind of attitude he loved, the kind he would have liked to show whole star systems to if she wanted.

"Sounds a little hectic," He grinned, "But fun though. Your relatives sound interesting. It may just be me, but I quite like living a busy life. Of course, everyone needs time to relax. But if all people had was time to relax, then most of them would probably realize how much they miss chaos." Briefly sidetracked, he wondered if he enjoyed chaos. His automatic response would be no, and yet there was a certain amount of pleasure that came from solving a massive problem. While he longed for a normal life, he was also aware that it probably wouldn't suit him. He'd be happy, but there'd always be a part of him who longed to travel again. Chaos was perhaps too strong a word, but the unexpected was something he'd always enjoy.

"Oh, a little bit of this and that. Just trying to stay out of trouble, though you'd be surprised with the number of aliens who are actually living on this planet," Already he'd ran into two since he'd last met her, though one of them had been perfectly polite and not at all hostile. It was nice, to meet someone who wasn't trying to destroy a planet for once, "I'm living in a...flat right now." Urgh, he hated that word. There was nothing wrong with flats of course-he just wasn't used to it, and it seemed so small compared to his previous living arrangement.

"I tend not to go there if I can help it. It's not my home, not really. Just filled with the basic stuff it came with. It's alright I suppose. I didn't own much in the way of possessions in the first place. Keep everything in my pocket," He tapped his trouser pocket to demonstrate, then realized he'd been rambling slightly, "Sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent. What have you been doing? Haven't met anymore aliens have you?"

{Posts: 2/5, 41, L8}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/13/2010 8:29 AM

Hectic was an understatement, in her opinion. Still, she found it funny that he had actually seemed interested in her life, no matter how bland it seemed to her. Everything except her job was basically normal. Still, maybe that was why he wanted to hear about it. He probably hadn't had a normal life in quite some time, considering how many touchy topics he was coming up with. His ship, his planet... She supposed she had better not ask about other Timelords as well, since that might be another one of those "avoid at all costs" topics for him.

"A flat?" she said, laughing slightly. "A flat seemes too normal for you." She got a brief image of him hitchhiking or staying on a park bench, both of which seemed downright ubsurd yet funny. No, she didn't see him living in a flat simply because, well, he wasn't the kind of person who would settle for a flat. He probably wouldn't settle for anything less than his ship.

She wondered where he had actually been staying if not at the flat he was renting. Sure, he could keep everything in his pockets, she supposed (though what he had in those pockets was a mystery), but he couldn't live in them.

"Tangents are fine," she said, smiling slightly. "And that's a 'no' on the aliens, unfortunately. I'd like to, but you're the only one who's ever walked up and said 'I'm an alien' to me." He hadn't really said that, but he might as well have. "I'm not from here" was subtle, but he didn't have to add "Evelon, I mean" if she hadn't wanted him to figures out what he was. "I've been, well, looking for you actually. You didn't exactly leave me the address of your flat or any easy way to find you when you left."

There was a tender subject for her, him leaving. She stared at him, walking slowly. "Why did you leave that day?" she asked, trying to keep the hurt emotions out of her voice and only slightly suceeding at it.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/13/2010 3:30 PM

"Tell me about it," He shook his head as if he almost couldn't believe the fact himself, "Believe me, a flat wouldn't be my first choice. Although are you trying to say I'm odd?" Okay, so he was odd. But to be fair she had hardly seen the things that made him odd. At least she didn't mind tangents. They were a frequent thing with him so it was a good sign.

Ah. He had a feeling it was leading to this. Though he really hadn't intended to hurt her, he figured that she was more upset than she had let on before. That uncomfortable, squirmy feeling wriggled its way into his stomach. You'd think after 300-or-so years he'd have learnt to deal with conflict. But no, it was just as hard as it had been the first time. Uncomfortably, he tried to decide what would be the best thing to do. Should he hug her? Put his arms around her? He wanted to reassure her in some way, let her know that he hadn't left because of her.

Instead of his arms doing what he wanted, they instead decided to stay pointlessly by his side, shoved into his pockets.
"I'm sorry. I know that doesn't really help anything, but I am. You see, that's the problem with me. I have all this big brain space but I don't use it sometimes. The way we left things was kind of awkward, and there was all this trouble...I figured it was best if I just went. Less questions that way you know?" Sighing, he rubbed the back of his head. He doubted he was even explaining it coherently, let alone properly. Best try again.

"My life isn't easy. Well, now I'm stranded here it's simpler, but there are always certain complications. One of those being people...What I mean is, my life is usually dangerous. And unlike me, most people don't get more than one chance at life. Not all beings are as friendly as you humans usually are. Therefore, I don't like getting too close to people. That way they stay safe," He could feel it, now. He was already getting too close to her. After all, he had told her practically everything she asked. That was already more than most people and yet they had barely scratched the surface.

"Do you see what I mean? It's not that I wanted to leave per say. It's just that I...should."

{Posts: 3/5, 43, L8}

{I had such a scare then! Just finished this post and my internet shut down. Thank goodness it was still saved in the text box when I reopened it ^^;}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/20/2010 4:04 PM

Robin leaned against him again without meaning to, thinking as she walked beside him. Of course she had understood what he meant from the beginning. He might have talked himself in circles, but she knew what he wanted to say. He had left to protect her, the idea of which made her happy. He had to like her- even if that like was only slightly- if he had been acting in an effort to protect her.

His method was what had hurt her, and was now the only thing left to hurt, more than the reason. She was capable of taking care of herself as she had proved countless times in her recent history, and she saw no reason he would have to protect her from anything. If she had managed to keep herself out of most fights and won the unavoidable ones, why would she need his protection from anything, extraterrestrial or not? Her answer was simple: she didn't.

"I know what you mean," she muttered, taking her eyes off the sidewalk in front of her and looking back to Darrian's face. "You were leaving because you thought you had to, not because you wanted to. I get it. I just have one request: don't do it again." And she meant that. She had no intention of letting him leave without her again, and if he attempted to weasel out of that somehow she would never let him back into her life.

"I'm capable, Darrian. I have been for a while, and I thought you knew that. You don't have to protect me like that, though I wouldn't mind a heads up when something could kill me. But believe me, no crazy alien is too much for me." She smiled slightly to herself. "I've managed you well enough to show that."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/23/2010 11:45 AM

He had to admit, she had scared him just a little then. It was ridiculous really that he should be scared, considering everything he had faced in his life. But he cared about her, cared what she thought. He hated having let her down.

He had been starting to relax when he realized she understood, glad that even if she didn't accept his reasoning she could see where he was coming from. Then she had added that last request, her voice determined and he knew she meant it.

Shuffling his feet, he dropped down his head as she spoke, not really sure he could keep looking her in the eyes. He listened carefully though, and when she had finished he glanced up with a wry smile.
"I know you're more than capable of taking care of yourself. Believe me, I wouldn't want to be the alien who has to go up against you. And I can promise I won't just vanish again. I'm not saying I won't...have to go at some point, perhaps. An emergency or something. But I'll warn you, and I'll almost always come back." The last part was garbled quickly, desperate not to upset her again. He wanted to make it plain that he was thinking strictly end-of-Evelon situations.

Of course, since he was promising to stick around then that meant he had gotten himself into exactly the sort of situation he had wanted to avoid. After all, what had happened to not getting close to people? Well, it was pretty clear that plan was out the window. But at least he could make sure he protected her properly now that he had gotten close to her, even if she didn't think she needed it.

"So then," He muttered, eager to get the subject away from the more emotional side, "Have you ever thought much about space travel?" He doubted she would have thought of his kind of space travel, but some kind of rocket-based idea had probably entered her thoughts. Maybe she even pictured a rocket when he'd mentioned his ship before. What had happened to that thing anyway? It was awfully troublesome when your ships just vanished of their own accord without telling you. Thank goodness he'd landed in a relatively safe place or else he'd be in trouble

{Posts: 4/5, 44, L8}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/27/2010 6:40 PM

Robin glanced up at him and smiled sheepishly. She hadn't meant to put him in such an uncomfortable position, but the question had just, well, come up unbidden. Not exactly like she wanted to ask it. She just said the first thing on her mind, since she was beginning to run out of questions as it was.

At least he had agreed not to leave her. And he had recognized her as capable, even going so far as to compliment her in saying she would frighten any alien who upset her. Hopefully he didn't mean himself by that, but that was no matter as of now. She had no reason to be mad at him anymore and was perfectly willing to move off the subject quickly. In fact, she preferred that.

His promise to always come back would have fixed any problem she still had if any had existed. She liked having confidence in knowing he would be there for her as long as possible, which should be for some time to come. She had no clue how long he could possibly be gone if something were to drag him away and would insist on going with him to meet the danger whenever possible so as not to lose him.

Then he finally asked his question. An amusing one, and not one she had neglected to consider he would ask seeing as how most of his other questions had been about what she had been up to and other aliens.

"A little bit," she said, still thinking of what she had really imagined when she thought of space travel. Flying past stars in something like the Enterprise from Star Trek was a very real possibility. "I always thought of it as something like Star Trek or Star Wars technology, but I'm beginning to think your ship is nothing like anything from either of those." If he had showed up in something like the Borg's Cube, she would have been more than a little surprised. Then again, his ship was one of those touchy subjects like his planet and other Time Lords.

"My turn," she chimed, her usual tone returning at last. "You never told me what kind of music you liked last time. Mind telling now?" Hadn't he been afraid of inventing a style before it was meant to be invented before or something like that?

((That's What You Get- Paramore is playing right now. If that has anything to do with Darrian's reaction at all. owo;;;))

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/04/2010 12:48 PM

{Heh, I love that song ^^}

"Too right," He beamed, remembering the clunky effects from the last time he'd watched the program. It was quite amusing to watch sci-fi really. With all the mistakes and mangled science, it was ten times funnier than any comedy, "Even when you straighten out all the scientific inaccuracies, my ship is...was still more advanced." Urgh, that past tense bothered him. But his ship couldn't be gone forever right? He refused to believe that. In all his years there was always something.

"I mean, spaceships like those do exist out there. But mine's something a little more special. I'd show it to you, if I still had it. It's not really the kind of thing I can explain," Not that that was about to stop him trying. He did love to talk after all, "From the outside it can look very ordinary. It changes you see, to suit it's environment. Well, it's supposed to. Mine seemed to enjoy being purple a lot." Now that had bugged him! Not that there was anything wrong with the colour purple, but for his ship to constantly choose it...

"Sorry, I'm getting off track." Suddenly he seemed to snap back into focus, pushing all thoughts of his ship and the colour purple away. Her question was quite refreshing really, being a nice easy one for him to answer. Well, except for the whole changing time thing. But he was pretty sure Robin wasn't about to use any accidentally-revealed facts about the future to change things for her own profit. She was too good for that.

"Well, I like all kinds in some way really. After so long you learn to appreciate the good and bad about everything. Except maybe rap," He grinned and shuddered, remembering some of the awful lyrics he had encountered. Hopefully she didn't like rap-if so, he hadn't meant to insult her, "I guess my favourite kind right now is sad music. It doesn't have to sound sad, but a song can sound happy and still have sad lyrics. Lyrics are definitely one of the most important things to me." It was a bit of a mystery why he liked sad songs. With the kind of things he'd encountered, you would have thought he'd prefer upbeat stuff. And he didn't mind it, not really. But sad songs always seemed to have more meaning to him.

"What about you? What kind do you like?" No doubt she must know quite a bit about music to be a DJ. It would be interesting to hear her take on it

{Posts: 5/5, 45, L9}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/01/2010 5:47 PM

For a second Robin considered asking him if he had bothered just checking everything purple in the area where he had landed, then realized he probably had. She began wondering how much of her usual search procedure would be considered obvious and discovered that she would be practically no help no matter how much she tried. Better just move on. He had changed to her question already.

"I don't get the rap guys either," she confessed. "I hate it when people ask me to play something by one of them, mainly because I can't even keep the names straight, much less remember which one did which song. Plus they all sound pretty much the same to me." Yes, the same shouting almost rhyming sound that sounded like nothing more than gibberish.

She wasn't surprised when he said he liked sad music. It just seemed to fit with him for some reason. It was probably that almost lost puppy glint his eyes had at times that made her think that. She had seen it many times when he brought up the subject of his ship or his home or his people in any way. He was a lost wanderer as far as she could tell, and the music she would have guessed he liked was exactly what he picked.

She rummaged through the pocket of her pants for a minute, then withdrew a small mp3 player and a set of earphones. She scanned through the music in the device, then, finding the one she wanted, she held out one of the earphones to him. "I think you'll like this one then," she said, pressing the play button.

I can't be held responsible
She was touching her face
I won't be held responsible
She fell in love in the first place

For the life of me I cannot remember
What made us think that we were wise and
We'd never compromise
For the life of me I cannot believe
We'd ever die for these sins
We were merely freshmen

Wouldn't you like to see