Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Out of the Well [Semi-Open]

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/12/2011 9:31 PM

Well, yes, he supposed he should figure that out. While Arthur did like this new appearance, he would hate to lose his human body in exchange for this one. This one was new and interesting and worked in ways he was eager to test out, that much was sure, but he was still attached to the other one, in a manner of speaking. "I would assume that I could," he said, more thinking aloud than speaking to Halvard, "and I would think that the change would be easier, given the fact that I am more used to that form. Though I may require some assistance, I believe I should be able to transform back when I want to." That, and he wanted to enjoy his new-found form a bit longer before practicing shifting again.

"Didn't you say that you had some more things to teach me?" he asked. He supposed it would be easier to travel around town like this- and more inconspicuous as well- without all the clanking, dented armor and funny looks. If these creatures were so familiar here, he was bound to attract less attention this way.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1047
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/13/2011 12:56 AM

"Ah! Yes, of course. I got distracted by watching you." Hal cleared his throat. "But I did mention a few things, didn't I? You need a place to stay... Well, you won't have any of our money, of course. But I think I might know something."

Hal turned his back, and started down the hill. He beckoned for Arthur to follow. "The magic-users of our world are interesting," he said. "A while back, I had a bit of a... well, a problem. Thanks to a magical accident, I acquired a third form, and I was very much stuck in it. I learned of a sort of guild of magic-users who operate here in Evelon. And although I can't remember, I think they offer services to ones such as yourself, who are trapped here from other places. They're a bit... grave," he said, gritting his teeth at the memory of staring eyes and probing glances, "but they do good work. Would you care to follow me? I can't promise you Merlin, but they do fair work of their own."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/13/2011 12:46 PM

A place to stay sounded like the perfect thing to start with. The idea of not having a place to go back to was entirely foreign to him, even more so the idea of staying outside for a night without proper shelter. Looking homeless was definitely not on his list of good ideas.

"Of course I'll come," he said cheerily, half prancing along behind Hal. Magic was something he was familiar with, though he had no idea how different it would be from what he had experienced before. He assumed there would be changes, since what Merlin did was wholly his own as far as Arthur could tell, but there had to be similarities as well, right? Magic was magic, and the roots should be the same no matter where the power came from. At least, that's how he understood things.

"Others like me, you say? Does this sort of thing happen often here? I'm guessing it must, if such people would take the time to help someone such as myself. And, if they helped you out of a tight spot, I'm sure they're not that bad. Even if they are... Grave, did you say?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/13/2011 4:37 PM

"Yes, grave," Halvard agreed with a laugh. "So deathly serious, you'll swear you were conversing with a corpse! And one without any sense of humor, at that. But they're not at all bad. They changed me back when I was stuck in the body of a Squeaker! ...Do you have Squeakers where you're from?"

Hal sucked his tongue as they walked. The hill wandered its way back towards a cobbled street, and a few houses sprung up here and there. Hal lead them back towards the town, towards its business districts. "From what I understand from Devyn--one of the magic-users who helped me--it isn't uncommon, for people to wind up in Evelon from other worlds. I've heard of it before, but I think you're the first off-worlder I've met... At least, that I know of. But yes, these magic-users have whole groups dedicated to helping people from other lands, and there's even a sort of... passport, I guess you could say, for it."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/13/2011 11:29 PM

Arthur, unsurprisingly, had no idea what a Squeaker could be, but he assumed it was some sort of rodent just based off the name. Yes, that had to have been dreadful, trapped as a mouse or something when you were meant to be a canine. He almost asked how such a thing could have happened, but remembered it had to do with magic. Magic had a strange time of things sometimes, and uncontrolled magics had a habit of wreaking havoc in all the experiences he had had with them.

These people they were going to see sounded interesting, though he had no idea what kind of assistance they could offer him. He supposed they might try to send him back to Camelot, or even to Avalon, but then what would be the point of him learning so much about here? Well, he supposed he would have some form of choice in the matter, but what could come after that?

"If you don't mind me asking," he said, lengthening his stride enough to put himself even with Hal, "do you know what kind of help these people could offer me? Any assistance is appreciated, of course, I was just wondering if you had any specifics or even vague notions of what I could be getting myself into here."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/14/2011 11:27 PM

"I think it has to do with how you got here," Halvard admitted. "They sort of... stare you down while you explain your story. If they know you're not lying--and they can do that--they offer their help. I think they offer places to stay for those trapped here--nice rooms and such. Or they have families who are willing to help and give you a place to stay. I don't know what their policy is on the Well, though. That Wishing Well is its own beast. I don't think they'll try to send you back if you came from that thing. Not even they know what powers the well. But I think they might help you unite with whoever or whatever wished you here, if it's possible."

((Sorry for the shortpost, but I wanted to give Arthur some time to reply before I sic the magic guild people on him. XD))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/15/2011 12:17 AM

"Oh my," Arthur muttered, running over the idea in his head. The thought of a flat out interrogation didn't seem ideal, but if it was what needed to be done, he would put up with it. He was eager to know if these people had any ideas as to how exactly he had come to be here and why, and the idea of finding out who had brought him here in the first place was intriguing. He had no idea what his purpose here could be, but he supposed this could be the first step in figuring all that out.

"Sounds like a pleasant bunch. Hope we're almost there."

((And shortpost is here in anticipation of a magic flood. And because it's late, and my brain is shutting off.))

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/15/2011 10:10 PM

"Oh yes," Halvard said. "In fact, I think we're right... here!"

The building Halvard stopped in front of was strangely utilitarian-looking for the home of a magical guild. A hanging, hand-carved wooden sign out front provided that touch of whimsy that seemed appropriate for magic-users, but the overall effect was stale and concrete. The front door was glass, and Halvard nudged it open for his nose. He considered changing back to his human form before remembering that his human form had trouble getting through doorways due to its height.

The inside of the guild hall was a strange blend of doctor's office and magic shop. The lobby smelled of incense, and the woman sitting at the desk had next to her both a crystal ball and a bowl of candy. The rug looked exotic, and as if, should one of the wizards wave their hand, it would rise up and take the chairs with it. But the walls were a plain blue-gray, and even had a fish tank embedded in them.

The woman at the desk rose toward them with supernatural speed. She wore draping, rhinestone-studded robes over what appeared to be a business suit. She dipped her glasses at the two of them humorously. "Let me guess--transformed off-worlder, am I right?"

Hal jumped back. "Ma'am, you are uncomfortably prescient."

"Of course I am," she chuckled in a slightly bored voice. "Come along, then. You--the handsome blue one. For preliminary purposes, could I have you state your name, your original species, and your home world? Oh. And." She grabbed the crystal off her desk, and waved it in front of Arthur's nose. "Speak into this, if you can."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/16/2011 2:23 PM

Arthur had been watching the fish when the woman behind the desk sprang at him. He had started admiring the office from the moment he entered, the touches of magic here and there reminding him of Merlin's study in the castle. It was a nice place, really, until he had a woman in his face, asking him a string of questions and brandishing a crystal at him.

He flinched backwards, almost fully resisting the urge to spring back as far as the room would allow. She had startled him, but he supposed he should have expected something of the sort to happen. He was dealing with magic, after all. Magic users weren't known for their subtlety.

"A-Arthur Dragonpen," he stammered into the crystal, though quite unsure as of why she would like his answers to be directed at such an object. "Human, I guess, and I'm from England. Camelot specifically." He felt a blush rise to his cheeks as he answered, hoping that he had said what she was expecting. He wasn't so sure he was going to enjoy this. And he found himself wondering if he was going to be leaving Halvard behind, or if the other male would be allowed to accompany them. If not, he hoped his new found friend would still be there after these people were through with him.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/16/2011 9:36 PM

"Camelot?" Her wry eyes sprung open. She looked at Arthur intently. Something seemed to flash over her eyes, and she blinked it away. "Well, you're not lying. But that only means that you believe it. How about you, sir?" She looked at Halvard. "Do you have any reason to believe he's not from where he says he is?"

Halvard shook his head. "He claims to have known Merlin as well. To my senses he is earnest, but... I am not magically versed like you are. I'm sorry. I only just found him."

She nodded; she could sense the truth of Halvard's words as well. "Good. But claiming to be from Camelot is quite a large claim. Earth is not an unheard-of realm, and folks have certainly tumbled here from Earth before. But Camelot is quite a thing. While Arthurian legends are not as well-known on Evelon as they are on Earth, the earnestness of his belief makes him worth investigating. Sirs, would you both consent to follow me into the back?"

"I do," Halvard said. He looked at Arthur. Quietly, he mumbled to himself. "'Arthurian?' But isn't his name...?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/18/2011 2:17 PM

Lying? Of course he wasn't lying! Even if she meant to help him in the long run, Arthur did not appreciate not being believed. He would have no reason to lie and had no delusions, either. He was a king, real and true, not just some vagabond who had stolen a crown and tricked himself into believing some lie. Well, at least Halvard believed him.

The mention of legend, though, brought him back from just being angry and muttering. "Legends?" he inquired. "About me?" Pride fluttered in his chest at the idea. He and his knights had been immortalized in the minstrels tales, then, he supposed. He knew his people had though of him as a great king, but the idea of being forever remembered in song and story was an honor, even for him. He rather liked the idea of it, even without knowing exactly what was written down.

"Oh, er, right. I shall follow as well, then. But... About those legends..?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/19/2011 3:17 PM

"Don't ask me," Halvard whispered to Arthur. "I obviously don't know this legends at all, aside from Merlin. Apparently they're a part of something greater, but I couldn't tell you what."

The woman leading them down the hall spoke up over the pair of them. "Yes, Arthurian legends. An alleged king of a far-off realm in another land. Supposedly he performed many great feats, such as pulling out a sword entombed in a stone, assembling a great collection of knights, and fighting an evil sorceress and her son. And there's occasionally apocrypha about other things, such as his apparent skill in retrieving bushes, but those are often called into question and many people believe they were added later.

"He's not as famous in Evelon as he is in other worlds," the woman added. "But the fact that you could still know of him means we need to ask someone who can actually divine a bit of your past in order to learn the truth of it. ...Ah, here we are." She lead them into a small, sparsely-but-nicely-furnished room. There were only two couches and a single table in the room, on which there was a book of Evelon birds. Hal took a seat, and beckoned for Arthur to do the same while they waited.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/28/2011 5:31 PM

Arthur was genuinely intrigued about what all they could have captured about his life. As she named moments, he vaguely recalled them for himself, the feelings hazy but there. The thrill of holding Excalibur for the first time, the pride and compassion that radiated from the Round Table for so many years, the fear that had crept into his heart when he had faced Morgan Le Fey and…

“The last bit is wrong,” he said idly, seating himself on one of the couches, tails curling around his forepaws. “Well, the bushes part, but the one before that as well. Er, sort of. Morgan’s son was also my son, but I guess whoever recorded these things didn’t bother to catch that bit.” She hadn’t mentioned anything about Lancelot or his wife, so he supposed that incident had never been recorded. That could make this easier, if whoever was questioning him had no knowledge of that moment.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/28/2011 8:41 PM

"I'm sure it's all very interesting," the woman said, torn between acceptance and doubt. She let Halvard inside behind her, then stepped out. "Just wait here for a little while while I get the proper people."

Halvard took to one of the couches and idly eyed the bird book while Arthur talked. He chattered back to Arthur's explanations of his past. "Oh? Your son, too? Was it an unfortunate incident in a Room that got you... oh, right." He laughed to himself. "I was beginning to forget that you weren't a Lucain in your homeworld! And no matter the world, I imagine humans don't use Rooms, so you wouldn't be having children with some random individual you might not like all that much. ...Or do you? Did your original world have sort of... arranged meetings, for the purpose of children?"

But Halvard's question ended quickly when the door rapidly swung open. A strange figure, with his head robed up in blue and purple cloth, staggered into the room. Glass beads dangled in massive ropes from his wrists, and the cloth of his robes bulged with the many talismans tucked inside.

"Fear not, for the sibyl is here," he croaked. Never mind the fact that those referred to as "sibyls" were usually women. "Where is the one whose past is in question?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/31/2011 10:53 PM

Arthur smiled faintly at Halvard. He had no idea what these "rooms" were, or what they could possibly have to do with children, but he supposed it had something to do with the world. They ran by different rules here, he supposed, even when it came to children. "Arranged meeting, no," he said, gaze straying around the room. "Things just... sort of... happen. Especially when emotions and magic intermingle and... well, you know. Like I said, things happen." His cheeks warmed in a embarrassed blush, and he was thankful for the fur that would hide most of it.

The opening of the door caught his attention, drawing his mind away from the thoughts of Modrid and the rest of his past for a moment. The man was strange- at least, to strange to the king- but not so strange to be more intimidating than intriguing. Something about the man reminded him of Merlin. He had a sort of air about him that was reminiscent of the old man he had seen as a father figure for so long. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all...

"Yes, that's me," he said, sliding off the couch and striding over to the man. "My name is Arthur Dragonpen, Mr. Uh... Sibyl, did you say?" He extended a paw in the same manner as one would a handshake and gave the man a friendly smile.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext