Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Mornings [Private]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/18/2010 12:11 PM

Helena, 4.4

Helena pressed her palms against her eyes. Ugh, I hate hangovers. she thought groggily, sitting up in bed. She looked at Arnold, sleeping peacefully next to her. She snorted. He had tossed and turned all night; of course once she woke up he was sleeping soundly. She slid out from under the covers and touched her toes to the cold wooden floor of her apartment. They squeaked beneath her. Helena flinched. The last thing she wanted to do was wake Arnold up. It had been tough to get him to sleep in the first place. He had continued to insist upon love and relationships, while she had just insisted upon sleep. But he had been convincing, and they had went out for a few more drinks afterwards, as they had been wide awake, and...

Well, things, as they always do, got out of hand.

She stared at her hand, unsure of the ring placed upon it. It was only an engagement, luckily. She was going to tell him that it was off. She was glad that she remembered it at all; else she would have had to at least attempt to kill Arnold. She plucked it off her finger in disgust and held it guiltily in her palm, examining it. It looked a lot less luminous when sitting in her palm. She pulled on her robe with a frown and pocketed the treasure, unsure what to do with it. No matter. There was time for these things.

She stared at the heap of clothes they had left behind on the floor, curious. Arnold's leather jacket was at the very bottom. Helena quietly bent over and unearthed it, feeling the soft worn leather between her fingers. She pulled it close, just holding it. Helena looked again at the sleeping figure lying in bed. Yes, it was best not to wake him for now.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Re: Mornings [Private]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/19/2010 8:06 AM

Arnold, 5.1

Arnold snorted as he groggily lifted his head out of bed, looking about sleepily. He had heard the door of the bedroom open and close. He felt around for Helena on his left, but the space was empty. The covers were still warm in between, though. The whole bed was very warm. Too warm to leave, at least.

Arnold propped himself up on his elbows and shivered as the blankets dropped away from his bare midriff. It was too cold in Helena's apartment--she apparently didn't have heating of any kind. Or she just refused to use it. Either way, Arnold wasn't too fond of the idea of freezing to death. But as long as he stayed in bed, there was no chance of that, right? He smiled.

Yes, just a few more hours...

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/19/2010 8:24 AM

Helena had tiptoed out of the room, careful not to let the door wake Arnold, though she would be surprised if he ever woke up at all. They had done so much last night, she had been exhausted by the time she had gotten home. She was still taken aback that she was up and at them at this time of day. She looked over at the clock on her kitchen counter, which ticked away at a little past seven AM. Helena sighed. So much for a lazy weekend.

Putting Arnold's jacket on over her thin silk robe, she walked into the kitchen and started up a pot of coffee. The percolator clugged to life, and Helena was soothed by its familiar morning noises. Nothing like a pot of fresh joe to start your day, eh?

Helena yawned and rubbed at her eyes. Seriously, what was she still doing up? She looked at the fridge, wondering if she should make breakfast for herself and Arnold, but decided that she was too tired and that he could do it himself if he wanted it. She knew that some people didn't eat breakfast, which she found unhealthy but usually her opinion didn't matter on the fact. Without breakfast, she was even worse off than someone waking her up in the middle of the night and expecting her to function. It was one of those things she just couldn't do.

As she turned to walk to the couch, the mirror on the far wall caught her eye. She turned back and looked at herself in Arnold's leather jacket and her own short red silk robe. She ran a hand through her dark brown hair that had acquired a slight wave during the night, then traced a finger up her jawbone and along her lips. She scowled. She hated the perfection. Helena didn't want to use her Lucain form yet, though, as it was much harder to do things in the morning.

She really just hated her smile the most. What wouldn't her beautifully imperfect teeth transfer over into this form?

She hated mirrors. She always walked away from them disappointed.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/19/2010 8:39 AM

Pulling off Arnold's jacket, she instead chose to look at her tight figure, happy at least with the rest of her body. She placed the jacket gently on the back of a chair-stool-thing in her kitchen and examined the rest of herself in the mirror, feeling a bit happier with herself. Nodding, she turned and walked over to the couch, grabbing the remote. She clicked it on and the TV buzzed, then showed off the fuzzy picture it had had for a few years now. Sighing, she flipped through the channels until she found one she could happily ignore but feign interest in if too bored to sleep.

Laying down, she stretched out on the couch, relishing in the room she had compared to last night with Arnold. They had both fallen asleep back out on the couch last night, and there had been little room due to Arnold's bulk. It had been warmer with him there, but still...

She stared at the TV without actually watching the program. She couldn't pay attention, all she could do was wonder about Arnold and feel the uncomfortable prick of the ring still in her hip pocket. She pulled it out and examined it again. There was no way this was real diamond, right? He couldn't have that kind of cash on him.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/19/2010 8:43 AM

Arnold tossed himself around under the covers, trying to figure out a new, more comfortable position. All he could do was think about all the great moments of last night, though it wasn't exactly clear at some points. He was pretty sure he had forgotten others. He couldn't be sure what was true and what was untrue, as he had had a little too much to drink. He hoped Helena remembered more than he did.

He lay with his face against the pillow. He breathed shallowly, uncomfortable by the voluntary smothering. He turned his head a little to the side and was greeted by Helena's pillow, the scent of it assaulting his senses and making his head a little bit foggier.

He found himself drifting off again, and he hoped that he dreamed more of last night. From what he remembered, it seemed like it was a night to remember...

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/21/2010 10:16 PM

Arnold snorted again as more light threw itself in his face, blinding him. He could still feel the light when he closed his eyes, and even lifting the covers didn't help--Helena's threadbare sheets couldn't guard him from it completely. Groaning, he fell out of bed and staggered about, still tired.

"Unhhh..." he moaned, the cold hardwood under his bare feet icy.

Still half-blind from the sunlit wake-up call, Arnold rubbed at his eyes as he felt along the wall for the doorknob. Finally gripping it, he threw it open and practically fell out of the room.

Helena sat up and looked over the back of the couch. "Have a good sleep?" she asked sarcastically. Arnold grunted, walking over into the kitchen as the scent of fresh coffee rose to his nose.

"Where do you keep...?" he asked, trailing off as he motioned to the coffee pot.

"Third cabinet to the left from where you're standing," Helena said, pointing. Arnold nodded. "Thanks."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/21/2010 10:27 PM

Helena leaned her arms against the top of the couch and rested her chin on them. "So what'd you dream about?" she asked.

Arnold raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

Helena sighed. So difficult. "Dreams, Arnold. Did you dream at all last night?" she asked, rephrasing.

"Oh. No."

"No?"

"I don't dream."

Helena frowned. "Don't dream? That's ridiculous." she said matter-of-factly. Arnold shook his head as he finally discovered a mug to his liking and placed it on the counter, grabbing the coffee pot. He held it up at Helena. "Do you need some?"

"No, I'm good. But how can you not dream?" she asked, confused.

Arnold shrugged. "I dunno. I just... don't. Haven't for a long time. It's been at least a couple months, maybe a little under a year. I'm not sure." he said with a sigh. He finished pouring the coffee into the two cups and put it back in the machine, turning to Helena again. "Where do you keep the sugar?" he asked.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/21/2010 10:32 PM

Helena pointed to the lazy susan in the corner beneath her microwave. "There," she said distractedly.

Arnold smiled. "Thanks." Grabbing the sugar out of there and then pulling a carton of half-and-half out of the fridge, he quickly finished up his own drink with a combination of the two. He held them out to Helena with an expectant look. She silently pointed to the sugar, and while pointing to the cream, said, "Just a touch." Arnold laughed at that. "What are you, British?" he asked sarcastically.

Helena threw hair back over her shoulder. "What if I am and I just hide my accent?" she asked, saying the last part in a horrible Cockney accent. Arnold laughed louder. "Oh, I think I can tell. You're not British. They'd probably kick you out of the country if you tried."

Helena frowned. "You wouldn't even make it in!" she retorted angrily. Arnold just rolled his eyes and smiled, making her more furious, but she went quiet, knowing it was no use.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/21/2010 10:38 PM

He grabbed the filled cups and travelled over to where Helena lay sprawled out on the short couch. Tucking her legs under her, she tried to make some room for her guest, meanwhile hiding the hand that held the ring under her. He hadn't said anything about it yet, and she wasn't about to be the one to break it to him.

Handing her her mug, he took a sip of his own, eying her curiously. She pulled her cup in close, a little anxious over his looks. "What?" she asked. He shrugged. "Nothing." he said after a pause, and turned calmly to watch the TV, looking interested in what the reporters had to say.

Helena watched him with difficulty, trying not to let her glances seem obvious. Was he going to say anything? When was he going to leave? Why was he being so kind, so slow with her? Hadn't they just gone through a one-night stand? WHAT'S GOING ON. Helena's mind practically shouted, unused to not knowing what the situation was. She sipped at her own coffee, still frowning. It would take a long time to figure this one out, that was for sure...

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/26/2010 5:34 PM

Arnold's eyes traveled back towards Helena, and she slammed her mug on the coffee table angrily.

"Will you stop staring at me?!" she shouted, standing up. He continued to gaze at her, not in a mean or even loving way. He just stared. As if examining. He was trying to figure her out.

Well, she wouldn't let him. "I think that it'd be a good idea if you left soon." she said, going around her couch and gathering his jacket up off the back of a chair. She threw it at him and it landed on his head, temporarily blinding him. He pulled it off calmly, but you could see the dislike of being treated this way in his face. How the corners of his mouth sloped downwards only slightly, how his eyes had lost that smiling quality they seemed to never give up.

She frowned at him, pulling open her bedroom door and grabbing his pants off the floor. The idiot hadn't worn a shirt; he would soon see the error of this little foresight.

Tossing those at him too, she smiled. "This is an informal good-bye, if you couldn't tell."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items