Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

The Perils of Peacetime (Millie and I)

Postby Jessari » 12/22/2010 10:29 PM

Kom'rk and Chayah are lifemated. Thankie~sai

It was a dark and stormy night...

...Well actually, there was just a light dusting of rain, and the city lights kept the streets from becoming too dark. Pretty much the only thing that held true in that sentence was that it was nighttime. As the light of the sun had faded, more lights popped up around the city, brightly-lit signs that advertised pool halls and night clubs. Huddled beneath the overhang of one such club, The Spirit's Ire, a blond-haired girl tugged her jacket tighter about her thin frame.

Chayah bounced on the balls of her feet, partly to keep herself warm, but mostly because of the excitement that flowed over her. When she went clubbing, she normally dragged her sister along, but that had gotten harder to do as of late. Ruach had three kids, after all, and after the kidnapping incident, she'd become more hesitant to leave them alone, especially at night. So tonight Chayah was going to enter the club scene with a completely different partner: Kom'rk

It had been quite a while since they'd been out together, considering how busy he was with army stuff, but that wasn't the biggest reason she was so excited. Tonight was extra special because it was a celebration of sorts. The last time they'd seen each other, Kom'rk had asked her to marry him, and, unsurprisingly, she'd said yes. Although he wasn't exactly what you'd call a party animal, he'd given into her request to meet her here and have a little fun.

She looked up and down the street, looking for his familiar figure. There, walking in the shadows along the sidewalk, was a man. Chayah started bouncing again, her eyes wide with delight. He came nearer...

"Waiting for me, beautiful?" the figure asked, his voice deadpan.

Chayah slumped back against the wall near the door, her lower lip sticking out in dejection. It was only Theo, one of the neighborhood guys she'd grown up with in Sekudui. They were friends, yes, and she'd normally be more than willing to hold a friendly conversation with him, but she'd been expecting her Kom'ika.

As Teddy moved closer to share the shelter of the overhang with her, the streetlight played over his face, illuminating the carefree smirk on his lips. "I'll take that as a 'no'. My ego thanks you for the deflation."

Her eyes widened once more, and she reached out to grasp his wrist. I didn't mean- Theo, I'm sorry. I was just expecting someone else. She smiled up at him, hoping she hadn't hurt his feelings. I'm meeting Kom'ika here tonight. He should be here any minute, and I thought you were him.

Teddy looked mildly amused, and not at all insulted. "It takes a lot more than that to hurt me," he said. "Besides, I know you better than that, Chayah."
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Re: The Perils of Peacetime (Millie and I)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/24/2010 4:32 AM

Kom’rk had butterflies in his stomach. He always felt this way every time he went to see Chayah. It didn’t matter how close they were, or that they were going to be married sometime in the near future; just thinking about her sent his stomach to somersaulting and his nerves to shaking. He certainly was a sight, he decided, as he ruefully adjusted the dark jacket that felt a little too tight, and the dark jeans that felt a little too loose. Couldn’t Mereel find clothes to fit him, for heavens’ sake? They wore the exact same size! Grumbling something under his breath about his brother and ‘sabotage’, Kom’rk strolled down the street, swiping the leather of his jacket now and then to rid it of the smattering of rain drops it collected during his walk. He ran a hand nervously through his hair, and fiddled with a small box in his pocket. Inside sat a ruby clad ring, a real, tangible reminder of their engagement. Kom’rk wasn’t sure how his brothers went about the whole ‘marriage’ thing, but he had always been one to take his time with every endeavor he was faced with.

He wasn’t going to bungle this up just because he rushed through it. Besides, he needed to give Chayah time to decide what she really wanted; he still wasn’t certain that he was good enough for her, and he wanted her to be able to change her mind if she…well, if she decided he wasn’t the man she wanted to live her life with. Kom’rk blew out a long, heavy breath, gripping the box tightly in his hand as the nightclub he was supposed to meet Chayah at loomed into view. It had taken a lot of coercion on her part to get him to set foot in a place like this. Chayah loved music and dancing; Kom’rk had witnessed that first hand the day he’d met her, when she’d played out a graceful, tantalizing show on the dance floor until she was accosted by an unwanted suitor. He was impressed by her dancing skills, but Kom’rk was still absolutely convinced he could not dance, and didn’t feel too inclined to try. He was quite happy to spend an evening at Chayah’s house, celebrating quietly with some boringly romantic TV show and a quiet, delicious dinner (Because despite what Corr said about Ruach’s kitchen skills, Chayah could cook, and he made sure she knew he loved her food).

That was the evening he’d had in mind when he’d commed her the day before and asked if she wanted to celebrate. After their ‘engagement,’ Kom’rk only had a few days to spend with her until he was once more called back to active duty. Since then, they hadn’t seen one another in person, and Kom’rk had been getting antsy to see Chayah again. He’d practically forced Jaing t hack into the systems and secure himself a few days of leave, to which he’d promptly responded by calling Chayah and asking her if she wanted to celebrate. So he’d ended up roped into going to a dreaded nightclub, where he’d probably be forced to dance, and have to listen to the pounding bass of the thrumming music all night long. Kom’rk chuckled; well, okay, so maybe it’d be worth it just to see Chayah dance again. She was beautiful when she danced, even more so than normal. As he neared the nightclub, Kom’rk once more ran a hand through his hair self-consciously, smoothing the unruly, cropped curls back into place; frizzy hair would not make this night any better.

As he approached, Kom’rk could faintly make out two people huddled beneath the nightclub’s overhang, standing awfully close to one another. Kom’rk narrowed his eyes slightly, and caught sight of a shock of blonde hair and pale skin: Chayah. The man beside her, however, was not familiar. Kom’rk felt a low growl rumbling in his chest that he was unable to suppress as his eyes narrowed into glittering, angry daggers as he glared at the man through the dusting of the rain. He was near enough to catch the tail end of the conversation; “Besides, I know you better than that, Chayah.” The growl turned into a full out snarl, and, Kom’rk’s pace increased. In a matter of a few seconds, he had practically covered the distance between them and swept Chayah up into a possessive embrace, eyes darkening at the man over her shoulder. He pulled back only slightly to gaze down at his fiancé, and smiled gently, before pressing a searing kiss to her lips, holding her tightly against him.

Cyar’ika,” he breathed, a smile lighting up his angry features. “It feels like I haven’t seen you in ages. I‘m so happy to see you! Although, granted, I‘d much rather be at home with you right now, doing something other than clubbing.” The possessive, alluding tone which he used was meant to signal the man beside Chayah that this woman was his, and that they were certainly much, much more than friends. His eyes darted back over her shoulder and narrowed back to angry slits. “Who’s this?” he questioned dryly, the low growl returning to rumble in his chest without warning; he would be quite happy to slug this man into unconsciousness and move on with his night if Chayah said she didn't know him. In fact...he'd be happy to do it even if she did know him.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Jessari » 12/24/2010 10:22 PM

Chayah smiled, about to respond with a witty remark when someone grabbed her from behind and spun her around. She gasped as the newcomer pulled her against his chest in a tight embrace, and she braced her hands against him, prepared to push herself away. Then, her cheek pressing against the damp cloth of his jacket, recognition flooded through her. It could have been the scent of him, or the familiar feel of his muscles beneath her palms. Whatever it was, she knew for a certainty that the mystery man was Kom'rk himself.

As he pulled back, she grinned up at him, the glittery eyeshadow she'd dabbed on making her green eyes fairly glow in the light of the street lamp. Her hands slid up his chest to link behind his neck. Jeeze, Kom'rk, give a girl a heart attack, why don'cha! Then his lips were on hers, and all words fled her mind.

Despite the damp chill in the air, Chayah's face was flushed when they broke apart. She watched his face as he spoke, mesmerized by the tiny droplets that still clung to his lashes. Would their children have his eyes? she wondered. Having just recently decided to marry, they hadn't yet spoken of having kids. Chayah was determined to have a little family of her own, just like Ruach and Corr. She already had a few names picked out, along with which room in the two-storied farmhouse would be turned into a bedroom for them. Maybe she'd bring the topic up tonight, if they could hear each other well enough to hold a conversation. A muffled beat gently vibrated through the soles of her shoes, and she knew it would be a hundred times as loud once they'd entered.

After a greeting like that, I'm tempted to drag you back home myself, she teased, tilting her head to the side so her blond hair tumbled over her shoulder. She'd curled her hair and put a gallon of hairspray on before leaving home, but the misty rain had loosened the tight spirals until they had relaxed into gentle waves. She tapped his nose playfully with her index finger. But don't get your hopes up, mister. We're dancing, and that's final.

His final question made her blink. Distracted by his appearance, she'd almost forgotten about Theo standing behind her. Oh, she said, coloring slightly in embarrassment, that's Theo Dumas. He and I grew up together.

Although Chayah was blissfully unaware of the tension in Kom'rk's tone and the glances he was shooting over her shoulder, Theo knew exactly what was going on. Although he wasn't on the clock tonight, he'd worked as a bouncer at The Spirit's Ire for years. He'd seen a lot of drama go on between couples (had caused a little himself at times), and the look in Kom'rk's eyes was nothing new to him.

At times like this, Theo would normally just walk away and let the couple wander off to enjoy themselves, but this was a little different for him. He'd known Chayah since they were both little kids, and they'd even dated for a solid two weeks during fourth grade. Although there was nothing resembling romance between them now, he still felt a little protective over his friend, and this guy was ticking him off with all this jealousy stuff.

He stuck his hand out for the Clone to shake, a challenge in his eyes. "My name's Theo. My brother owns this club. You must be Kom'rk. Chayah's told me so much about you."

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/24/2010 10:53 PM

Kom’rk’s jealous was quickly forgotten as he turned his gaze back onto Chayah, eyes roving over her features and the makeup she’d put on, just for him. Or, at least, he’d like to hope it was for him. Maybe she was just excit4ed about getting out and going to the club. But Kom’rk still held tight to the idea that she’d gone to the trouble of making herself look even more beautiful than usual because she was seeing him again. He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her cheek, then on her lips, and then another on her chin, memorizing the planes of her face and reacquainting himself with her once more. He felt like it had been ages since he’d seen her last, and in reality, it had. Months, in fact. Sure, they’d had snatches of comm conversations during the night, but Kom’rk was often so tired, or forced to keep his location a secret, that he hardly spoke to her at all.

It was always a quick ‘I love you,’ ‘how was your day?’ and then a drawn out goodbye, consisting of a thousand different smiles, glances and softly whispered ‘see you soon’s’ that kept them going day after day. But that was nothing compared to the real thing, he decided, as his arms tightened around Chayah’s waist. He had forgotten the other man in favor of saying hello to his fiancé, and didn’t seem inclined to remember him anytime soon. “Sorry, cyar’ika,” Kom’rk said a bit guiltily, but smiled nonetheless. “I couldn’t help it. You look beautiful tonight, by the way,” he said softly, gently lifting a lock of wavy golden hair and spinning it around his fingers. “But I don’t think that’ll be enough to get me to dance. Sorry, but you know how bad I am at that. Besides, there’s people watching. I have an image to uphold, after all.” He chuckled, whispering the last part conspiratorially, as if it was some big secret. His eyes darted to the club, and the pounding bass was just as he’d imagined it would be: loud.

He mentally groaned; he’d rather spend an evening filling out reports than go into that nightclub. But where Kom’rk was concerned, Chayah got what Chayah wanted, and she wanted to go clubbing, so he’d suck it up and put on a smile, just for her. If anyone else tried to get him to dance though, he was going to punch them in the face. And that was that. Speaking of punching someone in the face…Kom’rk turned and fixed darkening eyes on the man, mouth thinning into a hard line. He reached out and grasped the man by the hand, not doing him the courtesy of shaking the Mando way, hand to elbow. Kom’rk had never been jealous of his brothers in any way shape or form, but he was amazingly jealous of things he considered his, and any outsider who tried to encroach on his territory was likely to get the business end of a blaster shoved in their face. Despite his good-nature and laid back personality, he could be amazingly possessive and dangerous. Kom’rk had no intention of rolling over and letting this man think he could walk all over him, let alone talk to his fiancé. Not that he was controlling, but if Theo wanted to be Chayah’s friend, he’d have to pass Kom’rk test first. And no amount of studying was going to help him in this branch of academics.

“Right in one,” he half-growled, tilting his head up and away slightly, studying the man with a dark gaze. “I’ve never heard about you. Must not be too important, hm?” The poorly veiled barb was meant to sting, and Kom’rk had no qualms about letting this man know exactly who he was dealing with and what he was up against. His grip was crushing, though it looked, for all intents and purposes, like a good-natured hand shake. Kom’rk turned back to Chayah, settling his arm around her waist and gently tugging her to his side. “Shall we go in?” he asked, though his eyes remained on Theo, carefully watching his every move. “It’s too cold for you out here,” he continued, and this time, he did look at Chayah, a small, loving smile on his face, anger, jealousy, and possessive annoyance gone.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 12/30/2010 1:55 AM

Chayah closed her eyes briefly as Kom'rk played with her hair. She was never happier than when the two of them were together, and that was saying something, because Chayah was nearly always happy. It was impossible to explain, but it was like she resided in a state of half-existence when he was away, and when they were together? It was like she was even more real than she'd ever been. Just being near him grounded her, calming her scattered thoughts and making each experience more intense and vibrant. It was an experience like no other, one she intended to fully enjoy tonight.

At his not-so-surprising words, she stuck her lower lip out in a playful pout. But, Kom'ika, she protested, knowing full well how uncomfortable dancing made him, I've already signed us up for the dancing contest later on. She struggled to keep a straight face, but the wicked glint in her eyes gave her away. She squeezed his arm. As long as I've got you right there with me, I don't care if you move an inch. I'll do enough dancing for the both of us.

She watched, curious, as the two men introduced themselves. There was something odd going on there, but she had no idea what it was or why. After all, the two had never met before, so how could anything be going on between them? Chayah shrugged, unconcerned. Kom'rk was her fiancée and Theo was her friend, so she was sure they'd become fast friends themselves.

As Kom'rk tucked his arm around her waist, she grinned devilishly up at him. You forget, Kom'rk - I've got my own built-in heater. As she spoke, she channeled a tiny bit of her mother's power through her body, warming her skin so he could feel it even through her clothes. She pressed her small body up against his as they walked towards the club door. Maybe I'm the one who should worry about warming you up.

Theo returned Kom'rk's grip, a small quirk of an eyebrow his only nod towards the other man's strength. He matched it, of course, but he decided to be cautious. He didn't necessarily want to start a fight, but if he decided this man was no good for Chayah, well, he'd do what he had to. After all, Kom'rk was a soldier, and a Clone at that, and Theo had heard stories of soldiers. He wouldn't put it past this guy to have a different girl on every planet, hiding it to keep Chayah feeling special. The guy was good, though. He had to hand it to him, with the mushy looks and the tender kisses, but Theo wasn't fooled.

He inclined his head as the Clone and his friend walked towards the club, waving an arm to motion them in first. "Have fun, kids. I'll be seeing you," he said. And he would.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/31/2010 2:26 AM

Kom’rk gaze stayed fastened on Theo. If looks could kill, Theo probably would have been six feet under and forgotten by now. As it was, Kom’rk didn’t trust the man, and he certainly didn’t want him anywhere near Chayah. Reluctantly, he tore his gaze away from the other man and offered Chayah a brief smile, eye crinkling slightly with laugh lines. “Dance contest? Well, the verdict is out, and we already lost. I’m so bad at it, it’s laughable.” He smiled and leaned down slightly, brushing a stray lock of hair back behind her ear. “But that’s all right. I like your dancing. I’d rather watch you than try it myself any day,” he murmured, chuckling mysteriously. He pulled away, long enough to shoot Theo a warning glance. He was just glad Chayah was oblivious to the animosity between the two men; sometimes her naïve nature did come in handy.

She wasn’t aware of how much Kom’rk worried she’d find another man in his absence; she had no idea that the thoughts kept him up at night, and that he couldn’t help but wonder if he really was the right man for Chayah. But he was nothing if not absolutely loyal, and he’d fight to his last breath if it meant keeping her happy. He just wasn’t sure if Theo was key to that happiness, so the man had to get lost. He was roughly pulled from his musings as he felt a vivid warmth seeping through his cold clothes, and turned to stare at Chayah with an amused smile. “Looks like that control is better than it was last time I was here. I’m proud of you, cyar’ika,” he said, tapping her forehead lightly with his. His arm tightened around her waist, and he shot one last parting glare at Theo, growling slightly at his words; not if I have anything to say about it, you won’t, he thought in annoyance.

As they stepped into the club, the pulsing beat and the vibrant lights nearly knocked him flat on his face. Shab, how he hated places like this. But whatever made Chayah happy made him happy, even if he had to grin and bear it. He steered her past the dance floor (and hoped she’d take mercy on him and not drag him out there to begin with) and to the bar. His eyes strayed once to the door, and he shrugged; seemed as though Theo hadn’t followed them. As they reached the bar, Kom’rk’s arm tightened around Chayah’s waist as a few of the men eyed her a little too closely. “Anything to drink, cyar’ika?” he asked, making it a point to smile at her as he lifted his head to glare at the offending men. Sheesh, could no one keep their eyes to themselves?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate