Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Moping Around [Closed]

Postby Mojave » 11/13/2007 11:48 PM

((This thread is simply to get Barbados his remaining four posts in this area so he can move on. Also, please do not join. These four posts lead up to Barbados going to the well. Thankies much.))

A rather muscular elder kuhna lounged upon a low wall to somebody's garden. Around him, the birds and the bees were work pollenating the flowers. And they weren't the only ones attempting to carry on life. He had seen other couples strolling hand in hand around the block, and other kuhnas playing with eachother in the bushes below him.

None had paid him any heed, although he had tried to converse with some. He flinched as he remembered the last couple who had departed not so long ago.

{2}
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/13/2007 11:53 PM

It had started out as a beautiful morning. And, feeling alive and sociable, Barbados had departed his home in Wilt'no and made his way here. The sky was a pure blue, and a few fluffy clouds skidded lazily across the heavens in the breeze. In the air, birds were singing. On the ground, the squirrels were chattering. Even the aquatic life seemed to be amazingly alive and active today for fish were leaping from their murky home beneath the surface to catch unlucky insects that rested upon it's surface.

Barbados had been strolling around, smelling the flowers and watching the bees at work, transferring pollen from anther to pistil and moving on. However, he soon noticed that humans and kuhnas alike also seemed twitterpated.

He watched in interest as couples snogged and whispered, giggling and playing together. Finally, he could stand it no more for watching them all so happy together made a strange ache in his heart begin. He strolled up to one couple who seemed to be quite involved in their conversation, and displeased at being interrupted.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/13/2007 11:58 PM

"Excuse me, but what has happened to make everyone so happy and gittery?"

The female, a poison kuhna, grumbled in amusement. "What do you think? It's spring and love is in the air." She eyed her male companion rather strongly, a wistful gleam in her eyes and a soft sigh escaped her maw.

Barbados looked at her strangely and turned to the male. Females. Always so whimsical.

The male smiled up at him. He was a doomsberry kuhna, and he too seemed amused at Barbados's lack of understanding. "It's mating season, pal. Everyone's off to find someone to be with. Why don't you do the same? You look like a nice bloke, I bet you'll find someone quick enough."

Barbados considered this a moment, and shook his head. "But I don't know anyone here. All my family are back home in Wilt'no and none of them even notice me."

"Ah, well that's too bad." the female grumbled, beginning to tire of this male's intrusion.
The doomsberry nodded in agreement. "That really is too bad. I'm sorry to hear that, but we have to go now. We've places to be and things to do." So saying, they had left poor Bados sitting in the sun, feeling more lonely than he ever had in his life.

{4}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/14/2007 12:07 AM

Bados soon shook his head and decided he'd try to make new friends.

However, after four hours, it had hand't gone so well and the sun was beginning to lower. He was tired, hungry, and disappointed. Nobody had been interested in a strange Elder kuhna that was as large as he was. He had tried to come up politely and try and converse. Nothing came of it except more impatient couples soon escaping with the same excuse. Once, he had gotten lost and a lone female had given him directions and looked at him as if he were a fool to get lost. When he had asked her her name, she had responded "Kail. And I'm taken." He hadn't meant his request to be for a date, but what could he do?

Finally, he sat down next to the water, looking at his reflection. Maybe something was wrong with him? His markings flashed in the dieing light, and as the sun sank, so did his heart. He finally fell asleep, and dreamt of a beautiful she-kuhna the likes he had never seen before. She was beautiful, intelligent, strong, and interesting. Everything he needed in a female. As he dreamt, the presence of this female lightened his heart and helped him rest easy.

However, out of the blue, a male had come upon him, curious as to why such a rare species of kuhna should be so down and alone. He woke Bados and inquired as to why he was alone. Upon hearing Bados's story, the stranger gave him a sympathetic look. "Sounds like you should try the Well, mate. I've heard of many creatures finding someone there."

Bados had been confused, and after the stranger explained about the Wishing Well, Bados brightened considerably. "Even if it doesn't work, I still have to try. I never realized just how lonely I was until today. Seeing everyone so happy with a partner was like a knife to the heart. Thank you so much! Even if it doesn't work, I thank you for showing me another way to try and find my lost heart."

The elder bounded away in the direction the stranger had told him, thoughts of the strange female swirling through his mind.

{5}
Bados has left.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate