Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

[Saiken {P}]Fire and Ice

Postby SpringsSong » 12/30/2010 9:39 PM

The female Grim Paragon was not usually one to be out and about, much less in her human form, and much less just… well, in general.  Ath’yeri was prone to using her powers over fire without meaning to use them at all, whatsoever.  These incidents had caused her to be banned from what few libraries she’d dared to venture into, but it really wasn’t her fault.

Really!

Why couldn’t I be more in control of my powers? the Grim Paragon wondered to herself as she continued to tread carefully through the streets of the town, stopping as she came to the Wishing Well and frowning as she turned to face it.  She took a single Keystone from her purse, kissed it gently, and tossed it into the well, sighing as it fell with a soft splash.

“I wish that I could be more in control of my powers, dear Atlantia,” she said softly as she looked up to the skies.  “I wish that I could control my fire better, and… I know this is an odd wish for me to make, but I wish that I could find the one that I will form a saiken with…”

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: [Saiken {P}]Fire and Ice

Postby SpringsSong » 12/30/2010 9:40 PM

I never would have thought that I’d see her here, much less making a wish, Kylistern thought to himself as he watched Ath’yeri  kiss the Keystone before she threw it into the well.  He’d heard her wish, and it struck him as being particularly odd.  Normally—unless, for instance, it was his stepmother and stepfather, Aila and Ekal—most of the Pantheon were not so eager to form their saiken because it was supposed to be a bond that took years—even centuries!—to form properly, and he felt like this Pantheon was a little more odd than those he’d read about.  He’d even asked Aila if it was normal for things to be going the way they were, that he’d read differently about certain events.

Well, that’s a given, Ky, Aila had told him.  Your father Fell.  He was the first God to Fall.

Kylistern could only watch as the female stood at the edge of the Well, listening to her for a few moments more before he made his presence known to her, stepping forward and sending forth calming tendrils of frost.

“You seem troubled, Ath’yeri,” he said.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/31/2010 4:51 PM

“Oh, Kylistern—I didn’t know you were here,” Ath’yeri said as she turned around, seeing the God of Ice there.  “I—I… I was banned from another library, Kylistern; I accidentally burnt up a part of their fiction section.  I honestly didn’t mean to burn them; it’s just… my powers seem to be out of my control now…”

The Goddess of Fire sighed as she looked away from Kylistern.  She didn’t know why she was talking to him in this fashion; she had never willingly spoken to her stepbrother like this.  Of course, the “stepbrother” title was only for show; Ath’yeri was raised by Aila, who was Kylistern’s second mother, so it was only natural that they thought of each other as step-siblings.  However, that wasn’t how it was; they were nowhere near related.

“And then there’s the matter of how my sister is already forming a saiken…”

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/31/2010 4:52 PM

Kylistern listened intently as Ath’yeri spoke.  So she was having trouble controlling her elemental powers—no fault towards Aila; his stepmother had never had these problems with her powers over the elements.  The way he figured it, Ath’yeri just needed a really intense battle against another elemental, preferably an Ice elemental, like himself, to condition her elemental powers a little more.

However, then she mentioned the whole issue with the saiken.

“Kuille is also forming a saiken, Yeri,” he said, frowning.  “He’s formed a saiken with Alyssa—perhaps it is best that whatever would have happened between Father and Aila did not happen, for that would mean he was falling in love with his aunt,” he said, frowning.  “I know the pain you feel, Yeri; you probably feel as lonely as I do when you see your sister flying with—it’s Xadoc, isn’t it?—as I do when I see Kuille flying with Alyssa,” he said, placing a hand on her shoulder gently.

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate