Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Cafe Marichino[Private]

Postby SirMax » 11/21/2007 3:33 PM

Sam sat at the small table by the window, playing with a napkin and staring out the window, excitement getting the better of her. Not only was the Kuhna she met in the Slums coming to meet her here, but her daughter as well! When she'd heard- or rather, beaten it out of a Kuhna that tried to attack her- that her daughter wasn't poisoned against her by Ronin, she had apologized to Apollo and scampered off to arrange her daughter to meet her, and invited Apollo to join them at the Cafe.

So now she just had to wait for the other two to show up. She was going to meet her daughter... it seemed so strange that this was really the first time they'd met. Curse Ronin, and... and... curse Ronin. Drumming her fingers on the table impatiently, she stared out into the busy streets, hoping for some glimpse of her daughter or Apollo.

[[159]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 11/21/2007 3:47 PM

Apollo walked through the rather busy streets of Nabias, watching people run in and out of shops buying  gifts for the upcoming winter holidays.  He was looking for the Cafe Marichino, and at the moment, it seemed to be eluding him.

The Arkuhna sighed, looking around for some sort of sigh leading to the Cafe Marichino.  Finally, he spotted it, as well as Sam waiting at one of the window seats.  He smiled and walked in, heading over to Sam's table.

{20}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/21/2007 4:14 PM

ImageImage

Estelle, Radise, and Leine

"Where are we going?" the younge Taanre asked from her spot hanging onto the lantern kuhna's back. They had become rather good friends, Leine thinking of Radise as somewhat of a younger sister.

Estelle looked back at the two of them and gave a small smile. "We're going to see your mother, Radise. She asked me to bring you to see her."

Leine looked back at the younger kuhna and smiled. "I've heard that she's given your father quite the run around. Ruins just about everything he tries to do." This seemed to make the Taanre happy, since she didn't exactly like her father.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby SirMax » 11/21/2007 4:38 PM

"Hello, Apollo." said Sam, smiling at the Arkuhna as he came towards their table. "Sit down, order a beverage." she pointed out the menu and then glanced out the window again before turning back to him. "My daughter hasn't shown up yet." Radise... she'd only heard the name once, from Ronin's lifemate, who wasn't that bad, but she wanted to meet the girl behind the name desperately. Still, she didn't want to blow off Apollo. He seemed nice enough, and it wasn't his fault that she'd just found out about Radise.

[[160]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 11/21/2007 7:42 PM

Apollo smiled as he looked at the menu.  "I take it, then, that this is the sister of Yojimbo that went to live with her father?  Do you know how she fares?" He asked, his ears perked as he turned and ordered a dark peppermint chocolate mocha.  "In light of the coming holiday season," he said to the lady behind the counter as she began to prepare the drink.  Looking back at Sam, he said, "Do you think your daughter will mind me being here?" He didn't want to spoil a 'family' reunion of sorts by being there, after all...

{21}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/22/2007 1:15 PM

"W-Wait a moment!!" Leine exclaimed as Radise burst through the cafe doors at a full out sprint. "Y-You can't just barge in like that!!"

The young kuhna was laughing up a storm as she ran into the cafe. She turned around to look at Leine, tails wavering and a smile on her face. "Don't be such a spoil sport, Lei."

Estelle slowly stepped into the cafe, watching the two with a smile on her face. Leine always seemed so worried over the care-free Taanre.
(2)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 11/22/2007 1:51 PM

Sam nodded. "Mm. My breeding with Ronin is the only one I've had..." she said, with a sour tint to her voice. "I don't know how she's doing... It's not like I visit Ronin's pen." she shrugged. "Still, I don't think that my daughter will mind you being here, as long as you don't try and steal all my attention." she grinned suggestively at Apollo before turning to see the commotion from the doorway. Wait, that was Estelle, so the Taanre had to be... "Radise!" she cried out, jumping up from the seat and grinning.

[[161]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 11/23/2007 4:52 PM

Apollo laughed as he took a sip of his mocha.  "Oh, I won't steal all your attention, Sam." He said, grinning as he turned to see the commotion that Sam had bolted to.  He tilted his head at seeing the purple Ancient Kuhna--Aitrus had said something about her--and then, his eyes fell upon Radise.  He sat there for a moment, not saying anything quite yet.  Taking another drink, he patiently waited for the group to come over to the table.

{22}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/23/2007 5:03 PM

The Taanre's ears flew up at the yelling of her name. She looked over at Sam and blinked, wondering for a moment if she knew her.

"Get over there, silly!" Leine muttered, roughly nudging Radise's shoulder with her skull. "she's the one you came to see, so stop standing around like that!"

An expression passed over the young kuhna's face as if to say, 'Oh! Okay!' before she darted over to the table, flaming tails whirling about happily. "Hi there!" she chimmed.

Leine and Estelle walked over to the table together, chatting about something in a whisper.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 11/23/2007 5:52 PM

Sam looked at the Taanre happily, taking in the girl's appearance and grin before pulling her into a crushing hug and holding her tight. "Hello, Radise!" she chirped, gleeful at getting to meet her daughter. "Nice to meet you." she added, looking at Estelle over Radise's shoulder with a thankful look in her eyes as she held her daughter to her. If it hadn't been for Estelle, after all, she wouldn't have gotten to meet Radise at all.

[[162]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 11/23/2007 7:24 PM

Apollo smiled as he looked over at Sam.  She certainly seems happier now that she's met her daughter... He thought as he looked over at Estelle and Leine.  "Hello there." He said politely, looking at the two Kuhnas.  "I'm Apollo, an acquaintance of Sam's.  Who might you two ladies be?" He asked, taking another sip of his mocha.

{23}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/23/2007 8:04 PM

"Too tight! Too tight!" The young kuhna exclaimed, flailing about in her mother's grasp. She quickly pulled back, gasping for air. The poor child wasn't used to such vivid affection. It was nice to get to meet her real mother though.

Estelle looked over at Apollo and instantly grew quiet. She didn't often talk to new creatures. Leine on the other hand stepped forward with a small smile. "My friend here is Estelle. Don't mind that she won't talk much. I'm Leine. It's nice to meet you."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 11/24/2007 9:00 PM

Sam laughed and let go of Radise, grinning at her and laughing. "What, never had a proper hug? I always say, it's not a real hug if unless you hear bones pop." taking a deep breath, she said quietly "But seriously... it's great to meet you. I never thought I'd see you again after you went off to live with Ronin." It must have been because Ronin hated their breeding so much, he must have completely ignored their children instead of trying to convert them.

[[163]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 11/25/2007 10:09 AM

Apollo chuckled as he said, "It's nice to meet you both." Looking at Estelle again, he remembered what Aitrus had said about her, but said nothing.  "It is understandable to be shy around ones you do not know at first." He said, chuckling as he set his mocha down.  "It was very nice of you to bring Sam's daughter to meet her.  She was... rather worried when I first met her." He said.

{24}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/25/2007 1:16 PM

Proper hug?! It felt like Sam had been trying to choke her to death!! Radise let this slide by though and smiled. "Nope. The only kid he ever pays attention to is a Preitor... But that guy's not even around much anymore. He's kinda disappeared." She didn't know it, but that Preitor, her half brother that was born from Estelle, had gone to work for Kelloc.

Estelle gave a soft smile, her tails wavering about behind her. She was happy that she could bring a bit of happiness to the lives of a few others. Leine saw her joy and let out a small chuckle. "She's glad that everyone is thankful. Believe me."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Next