Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Hope For A Child [Private][Older Teen]

Postby Kylo » 05/09/2011 7:24 PM

Rufus ran his fingers through his hair and sighed as he waited for his lover to appear. It had been over an hour since Anthos had headed off to the well alone. He had insisted that Rufus stay put and wait for him. The heat was becoming unbearable and further upset his already strained nerves.
He and Anthos had been looking for nearly a year now for a way to concieve a child and so far nothing had turned up. Really though, what did they expect? They were not only both males, but here in the world of Evelon they were also seperate species. Even back home on Gaia there had been no way to have a child of their own. They had tried adoption, but no one would allow them to adopt a child. Who would blame them though, after all Rufus was blamed for the ruin of Gaia and Anthos was proven to be mentally unstable and a he was a Turk. No one in their right mind would willingly give a child to them. Rufus was about to get up to stretch his limbs when he heard someone approaching. He looked up and saw Anthos standing in front of him.
Rufus could tell that Anthos had been crying, but said nothing. Now was not the time to pick a fight. Instead he got up and pulled Anthos into a loving embrace. Normally Rufus would never show signs of affection in public, but right now he knew Anthos was close to his breaking point and if he didn't do anything then he would have to deal with Anthos have a psychoatic break down later on.

Anthos numbly clung to Rufus and felt utterly defeated. He had tried so hard to come up with a way to have a child and only a few minutes ago a local had insulted him and called him a fool. "You threw all your money down that stupid well? Xai're, you're stupid! That thing is just a myth! You just lost all your money you dumb lucain!" the local had howled in laughter. Anthos buried his face in Rufus' shoulder and began to sob again. All he wanted was a family. Was that really too much to ask for? His entire body suddered as he spilled his heart out for the world to see. Several people stared at him and Rufus as they walked by. Rufus glared at them and they quickly trotted off. Anthos felt Rufus rubbed his back soothingly and he slowly calmed down. He looked up at Rufus and saw his lover looking down at him with a tender smile. "It'll be alright Anthos. If the gods exist then they will surely hear our prayers," Rufus said softly. Anthos smiled back weakly and wiped away his tears.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: Hope For A Child [Private][Older Teen]

Postby Kylo » 05/09/2011 7:49 PM

Both Anthos and Rufus walked into one of the open door dwellings and sat down on a beautifully woven mat. Rufus smiled and went over to unfurl a flap that hung above the door frame to hide them from view. He then sat back down beside Anthos. They had both taken on their human form long ago as they found it to be much more comfortable than that of their animal form. Rufus brushed his fingers down along Anthos' cheek softly and smiled lovingly. He wanted Anthos to be happy with all of his heart and was willing to do anything for him. He then threaded his fingers into Anthos' hair and leaned in to capture his lips. Anthos relaxed into Rufus' touch and allowed himself to be kissed and held. Rufus wrapped his free arm around Anthos' waist and pulled him closer to himself. Anthos draped his arms over Rufus' shoulders and leaned in close. Even if the gods did not give him a child at least he had his lover. Rufus was everything to Anthos and he would willingly lay down his life for the man. They broke apart their kiss to catch their breath then went back in. They put their heart and soul behind every gesture they made and deepened their kiss.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Hope For A Child [Private]

Postby Kylo » 05/10/2011 3:45 PM

They woke up the next day in each others' arms. Their clothes lay in a heap on the floor. They smiled groggily and sighed contently. Rufus leaned forward and placed a kiss on Anthos' forehead. He laughed softly and stroked Anthos' hair as Anthos nestled his face in his shoulder. "I love you," he whispered in his ear and gave a light kiss on the top of his head. Anthos laughed quietly and wrapped his arms tighter around Rufus. They were happy at the moment but as soon as they were fully awake they would be reminded of their sorrow.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/10/2011 3:50 PM

Anthos changed into his lucain form and nestled close to Rufus, who had changed earlier, before heading out the small dwelling. The many distinct sents of the jungle filled his nose as he set out for the well. He would not let what the cruel local had said to him yesterday get to him. He padded silently through the jungle and thought of what his child might look like in person. He smiled to himself and began to hurry. He could not wait to see if the gods had answered his prayers.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/11/2011 12:31 PM

Anthos arrived at the well and looked around expectantly. Much to his dismay there was no sign of a child. He sighed and crumpled to the ground in a heap. Tears streamed down his face as he cried out in agony. He had trusted the gods and now it seemed they had ignored him. He scratched at the ground and whipped his head around. His howls echoed throughout the jungle sending the native animals scurrying away in fright. He leaped up and tore at the well howling as he did so. His claws and teeth ripped at the small hut that covered the well and soon it laid in pieces on the jungle floor. He glared at the well with all the hate in his heart and spat in it. "I should have known. Gods would never help a monster like me." He laid down next to the well and sobbed yet again. His body shook with pain and sorrow. He fell asleep next to the well from exhaustion and dreamed of a child that he could call his own.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/11/2011 12:41 PM

Rufus paced around the town until he could stand it no longer. Anthos should have returned hours ago and Rufus was starting to worry. Huffing in frustration he decided to see if Anthos was alright. He walked to the entrance of the jungle and looked around cautiously. He had never gone into the jungle alone and was not sure of what was lurking within it. Pushing his concerns away he went in and followed the trial to the well.

Strange bird calls and scents surrounded him as he pushed his way through the jungle. He hissed in frustration at all the dirt embedding itself into his fur and sticks that tangled and matted it. He kept his eyes only on the path so that he did not get lost. Many people had gotten lost in the jungle before and were never found. The path abruptly ended and the well laid before him.

He saw Anthos laying by the well and he hurried over. "Anthos! Are you alright!?" He nudged Anthos and waited for him to stir.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/11/2011 1:10 PM

Anthos awoke and looked up at Rufus. "Rufus?" He saw that the sun was beginning to set and it was growing dark. Rufus nuzzled Anthos and licked his face. "I'm so glad you're alright," Rufus said as he continued to groom Anthos. Anthos licked Rufus back and tried not to sob again. "It didn't work. They didn't give us a child," Anthos whispered sadly as Rufus laid down next to him. Rufus placed a wing over Anthos and settled next to him. "I'm so sorry. There's still hope though, they just might need more time Anthos," Rufus said softly, "We need to go Anthos. It'll soon be night and it is too dangerous at night to stay out in the open like this."

They both got up and headed to town. By the time they got back it was pick black outside and all of the twon had gone to bed. They both went into their hut and curled up on the mat together. They groomed each other carefully and fell asleep curled up together.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/13/2011 11:32 AM

This day Rufus woke up first and looked down at his lover. He wished, and hoped, and prayed with all of his heart that the gods of this world would grant them a child. He knew that Anthos' most dear dream was to start a family of his own, but due to his orientation and the fact that Rufus was a different species than him it was immpossible. He snuggled closer to Anthos and wrapped one of his wings over him comfortingly. He loved Anthos with all of his heart and was forever indebted to him. Anthos had saved him from himself, but despite all of his efforts he could not save Anthos from himself.

Anthos twitched and moaned softly in his sleep. He was having a nightmare again of the past mixed with what was to come.

Anthos lay bleeding in a cage made of crystalized mako as Hojo loomed over the cage grinning visciously.

"Wake up little one it's time for you to come out and play."

"F@*$ off!"

"Little boys should shut up when their elders are talking to them."

Hojo took out a syringe and filled it with pure mako. Anthos' eyes grew wide and he backed into the corner of the cage. He was already weak from just being trapped inside the cage; if he was injected with the mako he would be put into a death-like state. He would not be able to move, to speak, or worst of all, to fight back. Hojo reached inside and grabbed ahold of Anthos. Anthos struggled to break free of Hojo's grip and summoning all of his strength he broke out of the cage and ran.

He kept running and never once looked back to see if his torturer was behind him. The world around him grew black, but he kept running. Soon nothing but pitch blackness could be seen. He stopped to catch his breath and his legs gave out beneigh him. He sat on the ground and listened carefully for any noise at all. Silence rang in his ears and he tried to get back up, but his legs were too weak.

Suddenly a small speck of light appeared before him. It grew and grew until it blinded him. Anthos covered his eyes with his hands and waited for the light to dim. The light dimmed slightly and Anthos looked up. A figure stood in front of him; the light shining from behind it. Anthos could not tell who the figure was, but felt a chill run up his spine at the sight of it.

"Come with me my child and all of your suffering will end."

Anthos snarled and bakced away from the figure. "I'll never join you, you monster! I refuse to accept you as my mother!" Anthos screeched as he forced himself to stand. He ran haphazardly towards the figure and reared back to punch it. His fist connected with a hand and he looked up startled. A cruel smile graced the lips of the owner of said hand and teal cat-like eyes looked down at Anthos. Anthos screamed and tried to ran but the new figure grabbed him and pulled him back.

"Welcome home little chocobo."

Anthos woke up screaming and thrashed about as a concerned Rufus stood over him. "Anthos! It's alright! The dream is over! It's alright!" Rufus shouted as he grasped Anthos' hands and held him down. Anthos' eyes darted around the room and then settled on Rufus. He stopped thrashing and allowed himself to calm down. "I'm here Anthos. I'm here. No one will hurt you while I here," Rufus said as he pulled Anthos into an embrace. He cooed softly and petted Anthos' head soothingly. Anthos began to cry silently as he buried his face into Rufus' shoulder. Rufus held Anthos tight as he allowed himself to cry. He knew Anthos had had another dream about his worst nightmare and felt helpless for not being able to chase the nightmares away.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/13/2011 12:17 PM

They laid curled next to each other for several hours before getting up. Rufus went over to the small, ancient cast iron stove and started to make some lunch. "What would you like Anthos?" he asked softly as Anthos laid curled up underneigh a blanket. Anthos was silently for a few moments before answering quietly, "Some soup. Any kind is fine." Rufus smiled gently then went back to making lunch. He made some chicken soup and small sandwiches then went over to Anthos. Even though Rufus had changed into his human form Anthos had choosen to stay in his lucain form.

"Here you go." Rufus placed the soup down in front of Anthos and began to eat his own sandwich. Anthos silently ate his soup and snuggled up against Rufus. Rufus smiled down at him and petted him tenderly. Anthos quickly finished his soup and rested his head on Rufus' knee. They sat there in silence as Rufus scratch Anthos behind the ear and stroked his sleek fur. Even in lucain form Anthos had this wild beauty about him. Anthos licked Rufus' hand and Rufus laughed lightly.

The hours passed by slowly as the temperature rose steadily. They both fell asleep multiple times though it was a very light sleep. Neither spoke a word the entire time for fear of bringing up the wrong subject. Instead they simply enjoyed each others' presence. Both of them knew that soon they would have to return to Shin-Ra Mansion to do their duties, but neither wanted to dwell on it.

The sun began to set on their last day here and both of them settled down onto the mat in their human forms. Their clothes littered the ground again. They kissed each other slowly and passionately and wrapped their arms around each other. Rufus nipped at Anthos' neck and Anthos let out a hungry moan. Rufus pushed Anthos flat on his back and climbed on top of him. Anthos draped his arms around Rufus as Rufus placed one hand on either side of Anthos' head. Anthos pulled himself up as Rufus leaned down. Their lips crashed against each other and both of them rocked their hips against each other. Darkness filled the night along with soft moans of pleasure. It is safe to assume that neither were getting any sleep that night.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/01/2011 2:57 PM

Several months had passed since Anthos and Rufus had visited the well and during that time both of them had gone back to their daily lives. The entire time though all that Anthos could think of was if the gods had heard him, and if he had placed his wish correctly. Maybe he had done it wrong and that was why he still had not recieved a child. Finally when he thought he could take it no longer he was ordered to take some time off for psychological reasons by his doctor. Now it was only a matter of getting back to the well.

Anthos stood in front of the well yet again and stared down into it. The small covering that had surrounded it earlier was rebuilt and stood strongely over it. He dropped keystones into the well and began to silently pray to the gods for a child yet again. When he finished and looked down into the well again and felt forlorn. A thought buzzed in his head that refused to go away. Why don't you just jump in? Go on jump! He shuddered and told himself that jumping into the well would be suicidal as well as just plain stupid. Regardless the thought persisted until he could think of nothing else. He edged closer to the mouth of the well and leaned over it.

The world was black and wet. Anthos opened his eyes and felt around him. Wait, what happened? He felt the ground around him and found the ground he laid on to be covered in keystones. Thousands upon thousands of the little stones covered the ground beneigh him. He shakily got up and squinted to try to get a look at his surroundings. The light from above barely illuminated the area around him. Did I? No, I wouldn't. Would I?

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/08/2011 1:03 PM

Anthos felt around in his jacket and pulled out a flashlight that he always kept on him out of a force of habit. Good Turks were always prepared. He turn it on and light filled the well. Smiling slightly he began to search his surroundings. Most of the well appeared to be like any other well, plain and dank, but when he shone the flashlight towards one end of the well he found that it branched off into a tunnel. Curiousity filled him and he entered the tunnel.

He had been walking for what seemed liek hours now and the tunnel appeared to have no end. Frowning Anthos sat down to rest and think. "It has to end eventually, or at least lead somewhere. Afterall what's the use of a never ending tunnel?" he mused to himself. Deciding it was time to continue forward Anthos started to get up when he felt a light breeze pass over him. "What the-?" He looked up and a strange being floated before him. Jumping backwards Anthos reached for his gun, only to remember that he had had it taken away when he was order to take a holiday. "Who are you and what do you want?" he asked quietly. The creature lowered itself to the ground and looked at Anthos quizically.

"Why are you down here?" the creature suddenly asked. Anthos' eyes opened wide in surprise at the fact that the creature could speak. "I fell, at least I think I did. You still didn't answer my question." Anthos replied cautiously. The creature smiled kindly at Anthos and replied in a soothing tone,"I am Tou-san. You appear to be lost. I can help you get back home if you wish." Anthos felt a wave of peace and calm wash over him and he knew that he could trust this Tou-san.

"I don't really want to go home, at least not right now. You see I came here to wish for a child of my own. This is the second time that I've come here with my wish and I still have not recieved any sign from the gods of this well that I would have a child of my own. I don't know what to do. I feel so alone and lost. I just...I just want of a family of my own."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer