Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Out for a Day (Talcen and I) [A, G, L, V]

Postby HunnyBun » 09/14/2011 11:15 PM

He wasn't in his comfort zone, she could tell that. But they needed the supplies, so he would sacrifice comfort.
"Sorry..." She whispered softly, looking away.
"No, it's fine, I'm just a tad tense." He replied in a quiet growl.
"A tad?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.
He growled with a shrug.
She had to looked at him a few times over and over, the face she saw wasn't one she had known for him. It was of an older man of about forty, his hair a grey brown, hidden under the large brim of his black fedora. The face had more age lines than a piece of art made of cross hatches. A grey suit hid under the large black raincoat, the one thing that seemed to make him look normal.
She shrugged, he couldn't go out with his normal face, at least not to get supplies. Maybe to scare the pants off of thugs, or to get away from cops, but not for supplies. So she was use to these sort of things.
It wasn't like anyone else knew he was hiding behind a mask. And if they did, he would probably rip them a new one to keep their mouths shut. She chuckled at the thought, he was such a violent man when angered.
He turned and looked to her, his eyes asking her what was so funny. She shook her head and shrugged. He replied with his own shrug and turned back to the man behind the counter. Listing off what he had ordered to make sure he had it right.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: Out for a Day (Talcen and I) [A, G, L, V]

Postby Kylo » 09/15/2011 3:35 PM

(So my idea for Rufus crashed and burned as I discovered that Daren would do much better.)

Daren Copperton sat in the back of the shop and watched the customers closely. He could have sworn he had seen the woman before, but the man was a mystery. He tapped his fingers lightly on his book he had been reading and considered the risks of interaction with this new man. He did not appear extrordinary or violent, but he had this air of mystery about him. Daren did not like mysteries, at all. He got up and straightened his vest and pants out before heading over towards the man.

"Hello sir. I haven't seen you before. Are you new to this area?" His voice came out smooth as silk and his kindly smile seemed to warm the room. Too bad it was all a ploy, as Daren was a theif. And not just any theif but one who stole ideas in medical research. For years now he had been stealing data from the customers who came to this shop and selling it to other scientists. He was intelligent enough to do research on his own, but Daren was stuck in another time and place. He still believed in keeping to traditional methods of research and refused to use any artificial substances in his science. One could say he was a throw back of the late 1800s.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 09/15/2011 10:54 PM

"Yes, a DNA splicer, that is what I asked for." He repeated, nodding violently.
The girl patted him on the shoulder again, trying to keep him calm. The last thing they needed was for him to get angry. You wouldn't want to see him when he was angry. She chuckled at the stupid Hulk pun. He gave her and irritated look, but she just shrugged it off.
"Don't you need more of that...you know...goo stuff?" She reminded him in a light whisper.
"Yes, yes, I was getting to that." He growled.
"Hey," She shouted, pulling away from him and putting her hands up defensively, "I was just reminding you."
He nodded in a apologetic way, she was just trying to help.
There came a greeting from further in the store, and the two had to lean in under the awning to see better with the morning sun.
"Y-Yes, I am new here..." He replied, putting a hand over his forehead to see better.
No you idiot, I've been around these parts many times, but you'll never know that. And you will never see me again. His alternate personality screamed in his head. He mentally told it to bugger off.
"He's my uncle, and doesn't visit here much." The woman cut in, making an excuse for him. "Just needed a few supplies before he headed back home."
She smiled, hoping he would buy it, the last thing they needed was a scene. And if they stalled any longer, the mask her companion wore wouldn't be doing it's job anymore. She shielded her eyes as she turned and gazed at the morning sun, a curse it truly was.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/16/2011 9:19 PM

"Interesting requests for supplies sir. May I ask what it is you are researching?" Daren was not dumb and he now knew for a fact that he had seen this women before, and remembered that each time she visited here she was always with a different man...or was she? He smiled internally and studied the man's eyes. Ah yes they were the same as the last man. Now this was interesting to say the least. Very interesting. He would have to make sure to follow this man when he left. Daren wanted to know just what it was this man was hiding.

"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer