Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

You knew this was coming...

Postby Jessari » 10/23/2011 11:41 PM

((Ah, yes, it's another money-making thread, with a pointless plot and lots of quick, shallow posts.))

Image  Image  Image  Image  Image

The Neuleef Posse blew into Nabias one day. It was a gust of wind that carried them in, and the sound of giggles swirled high above the roofs of the town before they actually drifted low enough to be seen. Once their tiny feet touched down, they ran in circles, chittering in the language that only they seemed to understand. One Neuleef in particular seemed to be dominating the discussion. Ilex, as he was called, waved his wings excitedly. Today was going to be fun!
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Re: You knew this was coming...

Postby Jessari » 10/23/2011 11:44 PM

Followed closely by the other four, Ilex squiddled up to the nearest house. Bouncing and waving his wings wildly, he attempted to ring the doorbell. It took him several tries, and ended with him climbing on top of a tower created by his Neuleef buddies. The green, leafy group fell to the porch, laughing hysterically as the sound of a cheerful bell rang throughout the house. A few moments later, they heard footsteps coming towards the door. Lining up on the porch, they waited impatiently for the door to be opened.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/23/2011 11:57 PM

A woman answered the door. She peered about for a moment before she happened to glance down and see the cute little creatures on her porch. "Aww, how cute!" she cried, bending down to take a closer look. The Neuleef Posse put on their most charming smiles (which meant that they ended up simply looking clueless), and recited the only English phrase they had learned: "Trick or Treat!" Then they each held out a tiny little sack before them.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/24/2011 10:43 PM

"Trick or Treat?" the lady asked, confused. "There's still a week left until Halloween. I haven't bought any candy yet."

"Trick or Treat!" the Neuleef Posse chorused, apparently not knowing any other words in English. Their innocent, hopeful eyes stared up at the human. They shook their bags up and down, just in case she hadn't gotten the point of their visit.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/24/2011 10:54 PM

Faced with the impenetrable wall of Neuleef stupidity, the woman found she couldn't send them away empty hand...er, winged. "Alright, hold on," she said, holding up a finger to keep them from following her inside. The last thing she needed was five little sentient leaves with the collective IQ of a cheeseburger getting loose in her house.

Apparently, hand-signals were on the list of viable communications, because the Neuleefs didn't follow the woman as she disappeared inside. They couldn't stop themselves, however, from doing a few chaotic laps about the porch as they waited.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/24/2011 11:11 PM

A few moments later, the woman reappeared. Bending down in front of the reassembled Neuleef Posse, she dropped a coin into each tiny sack. The Neuleefs pulled them out, squealing when they found them to be shiny new dimes. They placed the dimes back inside the sacks, all except for Gigglesnort, the dimmest of the bunch. He stuck his dime in his mouth, making a face as he realized how odd it tasted.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/24/2011 11:15 PM

Meep smacked Gigglesnort in the back of what constituted a Neuleef's head, chittering in irritation. Looking only slightly repentant, Gigglesnort stuck his tongue out, dropping the saliva-soaked dime back in his bag. With all their treats back where they belonged, the Neuleef Posse surged forward. The woman took a step back, unsure of what they were going to do. Creating a living green ring, the Neuleefs worked together to give the woman's ankle a thank-you hug.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/25/2011 9:35 PM

Leaving the woman staring after them, the Neuleefs went in search for some more goodies. The next house had a tricycle in the yard. Gigglesnort fluttered up to the handlebars and honked the little red horn. At the loud noise, he let forth a boisterous laugh. The other Neuleefs danced gleefully about the tiny bike as their brother honked the horn repeatedly.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/25/2011 10:48 PM

"Hey, that's mine!"

The voice came from a young boy who came running towards them from the porch. Gigglesnort merely giggled and honked the horn again. The little boy stopped before them and put his hands on his hips. Seeming to realize they had another victim, the Neuleefs grinned and presented their bags. "Trick or Treat!"

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/25/2011 10:57 PM

The frown on the little boy's face turned from one of anger to one of confusion. "Trick or Treat?" he asked. "But that's not yet, right?" The Neuleefs simply danced in front of him, waving their little bags. They were certain that if they persisted, the little boy would have some goodies for them.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate