Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Dangerous Disguise [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/29/2012 12:45 AM

Sam froze instantly, her entire body rigid. Her hands clenched so hard, her knuckles turned white, and the color had drained from her face at an alarming rate. “What?” she asked softly, her voice cold and deadly. “What did you just say?”

“Shit Bill. Way to approach the topic with tact.”

“’Ey, I got tact.”

“Just not in this situation, apparently.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Both men were cut off when Sam was jolted out of whatever trance she’d fallen into, and surged forward with a look so full of rage and panic, that Joe and Babe leaped backwards. She caught Bill by the scruff of his collar, and yanked him forward, much to his surprise. “Listen,” she snarled. “I don’t know who told you, or how you figured it out, but you better keep that little but of information to yourself, or so help me God, you won’t live long enough to see the sunrise, understood?”

Sam never received an answer; a second later, her entire world tilted upside down and she found herself suddenly slammed onto the cobblestone road. A heavy weight fell on her and the breath was expelled out of her lungs in a ‘whoosh.’ She grunted when her arms were bound and held behind her back.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Joe, what the hell?” Babe yelped as Joe pinned the dazed sergeant to the ground. “What are you doing? She’s a girl! You can’t do that!”

Joe lowered his gaze to the woman pinned on her stomach beneath him. “Woman or not, she’s still a soldier, or at least, she’s pretending to be. And there ain’t no call for that kind of behavior.” He jerked lightly on her hand, and Sam growled. “Understood, sergeant?”

Sam grumbled something under her breath, and Joe leaned closer. “Sorry, what was that?”

“I said ‘bite me, you big moron!’” Sam shouted, struggling against her human bonds. Joe looked faintly surprised, before Bill reached down and hauled him off the girl.

“’Ey, don’t worry ‘bout it, Joe. She’s just angry; I would be too if someone called me a ‘dame.’ Course, I’m not a girl in disguise now, am I?” He gave Sam a very pointed look as she picked herself up off the ground and dusted herself off.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous