Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: ~+ Bad to the Bone {P; Toxxic and I} +~

Postby Atoli01 » 04/17/2012 7:26 PM

To be perfectly honest, I had no idea when I even fell asleep. But all I knew for sure was that I was still spread out across the bed with a half-eaten pop tart in my hand. That, and I soon became aware of the banging coming from other portions of the house. I knew Shelly was an early bird - I could see through the curtains that the sunlight was just barely streaming through - but she was really up this early on a weekend? Wait. Was it a weekend? I didn't even know anymore. Who cared anyways?

"Risette, are you up yet?" I heard the girl say after a few repetitive knocks. "Yeah..." It took me a minute or two to finally pull myself up out of bed and walk over to the door. With a quick flip of the lock and a swift twist of the handle, the door eased open with it's on will. "I made you breakfast. But I've gotta get going to school. You can stay here, okay Risette?"

With a slight nod and a shy thank you, she dashed out of the door, leaving me here alone. I sighed. When I walked out into the dining room, I found a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon sitting on a plate just as she said. I threw my old pop-tart into the trash and took a seat at the table, quickly gulping down each and every speck of the food. It wasn't until after I was finished that I realized just how tired I still was; I had a long and far from pleasurable night, after all, I thought with a groan. So of course, I ended up finding myself laying back on that same bed, though I had enough energy to at least put covers over my body this time.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/18/2012 8:18 PM

I dragged myself home, feeling awful. I had a burning itch which nothing could scratch, and I was annoyed because of who in particular the cause was. I hardly noticed as I let myself in, that the windows to her flat were open, but her scent had dissipated...

I went through to my kitchen, and looked through the fridge, but didn't fancy anything in particular. I sat in front of the TV, but could find nothing to watch. I paced the room, over and over, and yet still something niggled at me, some kind of... discomfort. Of a different kind to my earlier one.

Eventually, I decided to have a shower, thinking it would maybe calm me down, when I heard the slightest of noises from the open windows across from mine. And then it hit me. There was a suspicious lack of noise coming from her house. No TV, no footsteps, nothing. Her scent wasn't coming in through the window. Yet, something had undoubtedly been knocked over moments ago...

I caught a masculine scent, and growled. Who did he think he was, entering there without MY permission! Stuff that! Who did he think he was, entering at all! I shifted, and without considering the implications of what I had just thought, without realising I had just claimed it as my territory, I leapt across, shifting mid-leap, and slammed through the open window snarling. I got one good look at the intruder, before I lost it and attacked...

When I came to, I couldn't see the intruder (though I could still smell him), but I was lying in a pool of blood which smelt like mine... Thank goodness for my regenerate limbs trait, otherwise I was sure I would have died... this was my last thought before my eyes went fuzzy and I blacked out completely...

{sounds like something he would do (steal her TV) to get her attention or wind her up... mind if I use it later? XD}
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/18/2012 8:28 PM

When I finally woke back up, the first thing I did was roll over and look at the clock. One o'clock and I was still tired?! Okay, now this was just getting ridiculous. Last night was bad, but certainly not bad enough to make me sleep for over 12 hours. I sighed and pulled myself up off of the bed and paced over to the TV to grab the remote. As usual, not a single interesting thing was on. I just gave up after searching for a good ten minutes and just settled on some show about dogs.

I walked out of the room and went straight towards the refrigerator. Tired and hungry. This was most definitely not my day. Not to mention homeless for a day or two at least. No way I was going back there any time soon. Not with that creep as my neighbor. Honestly, what was with that kid anyway?! I shook my head before grabbing all the materials to make a turkey sandwich for myself. Just forget about him and focus on that sandwich, I told myself.

{{Sure, go right ahead. XD I would love to see what she would do to him. XP}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/19/2012 7:55 PM

When I woke up, the sun was just setting, and the blood around me had gone dry. The open window had cleared a lot of the smell, but it still made me gag - it was just too strong. I pulled myself onto my feet - I was a little woozy, and couldn't stand properly. My injuries had healed, but I still felt like I had been hit by a truck...

I shook myself, and shifted human. A few gasps of pain and a minute or so of twitching in agony on the floor, and I was successfully upright. I cleaned the blood up, though I could still smell it, and jumped across to my window. I landed badly, and spent a few minutes swearing as I healed. I decided to jump in the shower, hoping it would help.

Half an hour later, I decided I was clean enough, and as my stomach was growling, I went to raid the kitchen. On my way, I glanced at her window, but saw no sign of her and heard nothing. This got me riled up. I had been nice enough to attack an intruder and defend her stuff, and she didn't even have the courtesy to thank me? I decided, then and there, that this was war. "I'll make you notice me" I swore aloud...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/19/2012 8:21 PM

When I finally got done with my sandwich, I cleaned both that dish and the one from breakfast before putting them both away. There's no way that I would do something like that normally, but I had to keep up the shy little girl appearance around Shelly. That much I was certain of. Going anywhere - except back to my house, which I was not doing - was out of the question, considering my lack of clothes. Eventually that would become a problem. But that was a bridge I would cross when I got there.

So in the meantime, I went outside and played with Shelly's pet Tali, Clifford. I could tell from her memories that the dog absolutely adored me, and even though it was a little off for my nature, I thought it was pretty cute, too. It was better than being stuck at home, at least. Home... Screw it! I would just pound that stupid guy's face in if he tried anything again! I was fully awake now and there was nothing to stop me from doing just that.

So I wrote Shelly a thank you note and informed her that I would be going back for now before grabbing my jacket and heading off. Well, I grabbed another pop-tart before leaving, but I was sure she wouldn't notice. So I walked up the stairs into my apartment and the absolute first thing I did was shut my bedroom window and lock it. There! I went around closing and locking any other forms of entrance before collapsing onto my couch. Stupid guy.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/19/2012 8:27 PM

Ah. There she was. I had heard the footsteps, and the locking of the windows. I doubted she had even supposed there had been a fight there. Well. It was time for a little show-down. I moved my stereo speakers to the windowsill, just behind the curtains, and cranked the volume up. Wednesday 13's album just happened to be in the stereo at the time, and I blared it out, rocking out to the beat. I don't care how thick her shutters are, she'll hear this!

I smirked to myself, and carried on cooking. I couldn't wait to see her reaction! Oh yes, I thought, I'll make you notice me...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/19/2012 8:36 PM

There was just no more moments of peace for me, was there?! Just as I sat down, that dreaded music started. There was no doubt that it was coming from that disgusting pervert. He wasn't going to stop, was he? And even more, there was no doubt in my mind that he was doing it on purpose. Well I just wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing how annoyed I was.

So I calmly paced into my bedroom as if he didn't even exist and grabbed all four pillows that were laying on the bed. It was definitely hard for me to carry all of them in my arms, but I managed it and dropped them on the floor of the living room. I picked up my mp3-player from the table and stuck the headphones in my ears before diving into the cushiony mass of pillows laying on the ground. I put on this one song called Culture Liberalization Ward - one of my favorite songs - and just laid there, trying to ignore my noisy and pervy neighbor.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/19/2012 8:45 PM

It wasn't working. How could she ignore this racket? It was even giving me a headache, and it was my music! How dare she ignore it!

I carried on grumbling about it as I switched off the music, and stretched out on the couch. I turned on the TV and sat there, half-watching it, as I plotted and schemed for how best to push her buttons...

As I sat there, a thought came to me: there was something I had to do...

Oh my god! The tattoo parlour! My appointment was for today! I rushed to put some shoes on, and ran out of the door, locking it behind me! I couldn't believe I had forgotten! Luckily they were open late today! Running down the street, I cursed myself, and then continued to swear. It was all her fault! I would make her notice me if it killed me!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/22/2012 6:28 PM

Despite how loud I had my music, I could still tell when he turned his own off. I breathed a sigh of relief and dug myself out from my pile of pillows. I removed one of the earphones first, just to make sure I was right and not just imagining that there was no more music form his end. When I confirmed that all was clear, I took out the other one and laid the mp3 player down on the living room table. But that was when I realized exactly how little there was to do, just locked up in here all day. But what other choice did I have? Even though I enjoyed the fresh air--more than I could even put into words--there was just no way that I was going to risk another ambush by that creep. And that was my dilemma; I couldn't spend the rest of my life hiding out in my apartment. But I could certainly spend a couple days, at least.

With a sigh, I stood up and paced over to my kitchen, preparing a small bowl of cereal with milk in it. I didn't particularly care what time of day it was. All I knew was that I was hungry and that the cereal box was sitting right there on the counter. Sitting there as if it was calling my name, wanting me to eat it. ...I was already beginning to go crazy, wasn't I? Not even an hour cooped up in here and I already thought that a box of cereal would have desires of it's own.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/19/2012 8:26 PM

I made the tattoo artist's just in time, though he wasn't impressed. I almost managed to talk him into doing mine, though, and I thought it looked rockin'! A rainbow gradient grim paragon, with black butterfly wings, and Ivy and Sambava markings... I couldn't understand why the tattooist was so annoyed with me, until I looked over his shoulder... God, he just HAD to be a paragon in human form, and my tattoo just HAD to look like his daughter... I agreed it was too late, and got out of there as fast as I could... Wow, I wasn't going back there any time soon... I wonder if my favourite clubs are open?

...Dammit. Even if they are, there's no point going to them, unless I want to drown my sorrows... Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Oblivion, here we come...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 06/24/2012 10:40 PM

Video games, here we come! Time to drown myself in stale chips and excess lighting that would ruin my vision! Who really cared, though? It would get my mind off of everything, and it wasn't like I had anything else to do. The bowl from my cereal had already taken it's rightful place in the dishwasher, I had no clothes to clean, and... well, I couldn't say the house was completely clean, but I there was no way that I was going to clean when I was so on edge.

So I settled on a bag of Cheetos and headed back into the living room, setting my pillows and blankets up in a way that they made a... sort of bean bag. It was a comfy place to sit, anyways. I went ahead and slid one of my games in--some anime fighting game--and took a seat. An on opened bag of chips, pillow and blankets and a game controller; this was the life.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/13/2012 10:29 AM

Ok, so the women in here can't do anything for me. But I still have the thrill of the chase, right? If I can find one worth chasing... Then again, there's always the possibility of a fight to blow off some steam... I can see the way some of these people are looking at me. They think I'm cocky, or arrogant... They haven't seen anything yet.

I down my drink, and walk up to the biggest guy there. He begins to sneer at me, but I cut him off with a right hook, and as he falls to the ground the club erupts in noise and violence. I smirk as I begin to fight; this is just what I need right now. I refuse to even let a certain person with green hair cross my mind.

I stagger into my house, and turn the light on. I open the window, and stand there, breathing heavily. I must be out of practice, they actually got a few good hits in. But what does it matter? I've never had anyone to lick my wounds, never wanted someone to. I sigh and go to the bedroom to shower, leaving my window open. Though I can hear shouts from down below, I take no notice of them... Maybe it's the alcohol. Maybe I'm punch-drunk. Maybe I should pay attention to the loud shouting coming through the window, especially since it sounds like the guy I knocked out earlier... and it doesn't sound like he's alone. But who cares? If he comes for me, I can take him. And you can't really confuse the houses, right? I mean, it's not like he'll get it wrong, and go for her, is it?

I growl at myself as this thought crosses my mind, and shake my head under the water. Why am I thinking about her now? The alcohol should have put a stop to that... Clearly I didn't drink enough...

Last bumped by ToxxicRenegadeAngel on 08/13/2012 10:29 AM.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous