Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: ~Even if you fall, Don't expect me to catch you (yet) ~

Postby Atoli01 » 04/15/2012 6:30 PM

Must have passed out yet again, considering I was laying in a nice, comfy bed now. A nice, comfy, cushiony bed... A happy sigh escaped my lips as I flipped over onto my stomach. So nice to finally be in a bed again. As opposed to a patch of grass or pile of hay. I could just lay here all day! It was, in some ways, funny how happy I was at a simple bed when I used to have one that always felt like feathers for thirteen years straight.

But this wasn't the same type of bed, and in some ways I grateful for that. I didn't want to be reminded of home. Though it was of course such a big part of my life that I couldn't but be reminded of it. All my happiness flew out the window however when my leg brushed up against the bed in a rather inconvenient way. Inconvenient as in painful. So I groaned and remained where I was, unwilling to get up. Who would I go to anyways? I didn't even know where I was in the first place. Not that I cared right at the moment.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/17/2012 5:44 PM

Jesus took a look at the dock, and sure enough, there was someone creeping towards the boat, hiding behind crates every time someone walked past. He chuckled to himself. As if anyone could sneak aboard his boat! He had heard the man as soon as he stepped on deck. Not so much a suspicious noise as a suspicious lack of noise, especially in a place like the docks. He snickered again. His would-be stowaway was in for a surprise.

He let the young man creep close enough to begin making judgements of how big a jump it would take to land on the boat, and how much noise it would make, before revealing himself.

"I suhgest you do not, amigo. I do noht take kihndly to stowaways."

The would-be stowaway jumped, then turned and ran, wild-eyed, causing those he ran past to stare after him and mutter to themselves. Jesus just chuckled. He wasn't about to let it be that easy for the doctor. He didn't know who the girl was or why the doctor was after him, but that fool had annoyed Jesus, and he wasn't about to let him get anything he wanted if there was something he could do about it.

He inhaled the scent of the sea deeply, and resolved to keep watch over the docks, to prevent any other unnecessary guests from sneaking aboard...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2181
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/17/2012 8:15 PM

At least an hour had to have passed before finally got tired of just laying there. Sure, my leg hurt, but I needed to stretch some at least! So I did just that and groggily pulled myself out of the bed. Of course, a sharp pain shot straight up my leg as soon as I put even the slightest pressure on it. This was going to be a problem, wasn't it? I tried to take a step, but nearly fell to my knees from the pain.

Stupid leg! Why did I have to be so stupid as to slip? And of all places, right on top of a rock. I sighed and gave up for the moment, sprawling myself back out on the bed. Hopefully someone would come relatively soon. There was nothing to do except to pity myself for the pain I felt. And focusing on that pain wasn't the most pleasant thing in the world, surely.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/18/2012 8:05 PM

"Sir! I heard movement in the cabin, so I thought I would come and fetch you, sir!" The first mate saluted, then returned to his post. Jesus smirked. Time to find out exactly what the story behind this girl was. But he wasn't leaving his post unattended, not with stowaways on the loose, so he called one of the sailors who was buffing the chrome, and told him to keep watch.

He went inside, and stopped outside the cabin door. In truth, he was feeling nervous, and this irritated him, because it wasn't a feeling he was used to. You don't get a fortune and a reputation as a womaniser without a little arrogance, after all. He drew himself up, and scowled for a moment, forcing the nervousness down. When he was ready, he opened the door, and entered the room...

...to see the girl lying on the bed, seemingly asleep again. She must have shifted, and hurt her leg, causing her to wake up for a bit, then go back to sleep. Jesus decided to watch her for a bit, to make sure he was there when she woke up (he had a lot of questions for her, and he didn't doubt she would have questions of her own, but he felt his were more important) so he sat in the hanging ball chair, and waited...

(was thinking along the lines of this: Image)
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/18/2012 8:19 PM

The presence in the room registered to me in the back of my mind, but I wasn't really in the mood to talk right this moment. So I just kept acting like I was asleep for a while. Anyway, I doubt that the person in the room - whoever he or she was - could be all that bad. This certainly didn't look like a police station or anything, after all. So finally after what must have been half an hour, I rolled over to face the person on the other side of the room.

"Where am I?" I muttered before I could even give it a second thought. I observed the man sitting in the chair and his face vaguely registered in my mind. "Where you that guy... back there?" Then that fear rose once again in me - that he might be working for the police - but I forced it down with my earlier thoughts. No, this isn't a police station, I reminded myself.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/18/2012 8:32 PM

She looked confused, and... tired? sad? afraid? worn out, basically, and that threw Jesus off, just for a moment. He stared at her, the thought dimly registering in the back of his mind that there was a woman lying on his bed acting very vulnerable... His predatory instincts began to rise, and he forced them down with a bit of difficulty, before clearing his throat to reply.

"You ahre on my boat. Mi barquito. You fell, and hurht your leg, and the doctor was suspicious, so nowh you're here. Now I have a few questions for you."

Jesus paused, and considered threatening her to stay put and answer, but she couldn't run with that leg, he reasoned, and he was quite speedy... he cleared his throat.

"Who ahre you? Why do you ruhn, when you see la policia? Why did you ruhn from me? Why is the doctor so interested in you? Why are you in this city? Where were you going? If you need secrecy, I will give you mis palabras en sangre, my words in blood, that I will noht betray you. But I refuse to leave without these answers fihrst. And I will know if you try to lie, I have a Dispel Illusion trait."

Jesus sat back, and waited for the girl to answer, whilst fighting a very inconvenient urge to shift to werecain form... he hid his shifting ability as much as possible. When one is rich, one must never reveal a weakness unless they want it to be exploited ruthlessly...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/19/2012 8:29 PM

There was no way that I was going to go too into detail about everything, but just as he said, it was clear that there was no way around answering them. "It's Adrian... my name, that is," I said to the man before sitting up and pulling my knees up to my chest. I wasn't going to tell him my last name. My name was too well known when you put it together. Even though the questions that demanded answering themselves were enough to give me away, I didn't need anything else to work against me.

"I'm... kind of... a runaway. I don't want to go back home. But the police will make me do just that... I'm just passing through here, though. Sticking in the same place for too long is risky, after all," I told him with a sigh. "As for the doctor? I have no clue. Maybe I looked familiar to him." I didn't even get to see the doctor's face, after all. For all I knew, he could have been a relative or something! That, of course, would be very bad luck on my part, though the odds were definitely in my favor regarding that matter.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/19/2012 8:38 PM

A runaway! Jesus had suspected something of the sort. It explained everything. He sighed. She hadn't asked him for his vow of secrecy, and if she was a thief or something... But there was something about the girl that sent a familiar pang inside him roaring...

The urge to shift was increasing, but Jesus fought it down as he thought of what to say.

"A ruhnaway. You seehm reluctant to tell me your story, so I shall respect that. But listen well, I will know if you do anything... unwise on this boat. You will stay here for a while, until that doctor backs off, Miss Adrian... I don't like arrogant men who seem to think they know it all..."

The last part had been said to himself more than to her, but it had been said all the same. Jesus stood, and crossed over to the wardrobe. Taking out a pair of black chinos and a black silk shirt, he hung them on the wardrobe door before removing his shirt...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/19/2012 8:44 PM

The only thing I did in response to his words was simply nod. I hoped that his respect of my 'story' would stay that way. Even though he saved me, I was a far way from trusting him. "Anyways, who are you?" I muttered. I was sure it was barely audible from where he was sitting, but that didn't really matter to me. I wasn't really in the mood to raise my voice. At all.

When he took off his shirt, I blushed a little and turned away. Ugh, if he did that on purpose... I sighed and looked down at my feet, which were just barely visible between the way I was sitting and my view. "Do you have any nail polish?" I asked him with a sigh. it had been so long since I had been able to do my nails, and if I was going to be staying here for a while longer... Well, a little luxury would be nice, right?

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/19/2012 8:56 PM

"I am Jesus Domovoi, head of Domco. Like I saihd, this is my boat. And if you look in the top drawer of the bedside table on your lehft, you should find some. All of the cabins on this boat ahre fully kitted out to accommodate both men and women in comfort." Jesus was sure she hadn't meant him to actually hear her, but his keen hearing made even the slightest sounds audible.

The shirt he was holding smelt like his cologne, he noticed, as he hung it up on a hanger on the front of his wardrobe. He put on the black silk shirt, and pressed a button on the wall. A panel slid back, revealing a luxurious bathroom. He picked up the chinos, and walked into the bathroom, pressing another switch on the inside wall. When the door reopened, he was in the chinos, and the other trousers were nowhere in sight.

"You have free ruhn of this room, but I suggest you do not take anything, though you are free to use any toiletries. The bathroom is in there. If you need anything, call me. I'll hear you." He turned and stalked out of the bedroom arrogantly, closing the door behind him.

In the corridor he paused to get himself under control. It was that damn meek voice of hers... he had to shift, and fast. He let himself into one of the cabins on the opposite side of the hallway, and switched to his lucain form. Breathing deeply to calm himself down, he hoped she wouldn't call for him for a while...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/22/2012 6:35 PM

It only vaguely registered in my mind that this Jesus guy must be rich as well before I heard his comments about the nail polish. After that, I was oblivious to virtually everything else that he said or did as I scooted over to the drawer he said the nail polish would be in, sifting through it. I pulled out what must have been at least five different shades of blue and set them all down on the bed. There was such a variety of colors, though blue was certainly my favorite of all the colors. I barely even noticed he left as I started painting my toenails a vintage blue color. It was such a long time since I had experienced any luxury. This was just great!

{{Sorries, short post is short. >w<! My muse isn't being all that cooperative on most of my rps all of a sudden. D;}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/19/2012 8:26 PM

{{it's fine, it happens XD}}

Jesus calmed down slowly. His werecain form was a lot less controllable, and he breathed deeply. In this form, every scent was a colour, every sound a taste, every vibration a symphony... He cringed. Shifting always made him more in tune with his instinct, and he was painfully aware of the fact that a defenceless young girl was sitting in his bed, just across the hallway... He could almost smell her. Wait, what was that he- He gagged, and jumped across the cabin. The smell of nail polish had hit him on the nose like a brick! He gagged again, and coughed. He had to open a porthole, and fast... But he had a problem. In his werecain state, his blades had cut through his clothes, but he needed hands to open the porthole... Damn it. Why was he worried? It was his boat, after all, and it wasn't like anyone would come in... Quickly, he shifted human, and stepped out of the rags that had been a Dolvy and Banana shirt and Emperor Arangati chinos, and yanked open the porthole...

Last bumped by ToxxicRenegadeAngel on 06/19/2012 8:26 PM.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous