Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

A Day in the Abyss [Closed]

Postby robopup24 » 12/06/2007 7:21 PM

[center][Open only to Fallen_Snow, AmberGlaze, Spaz, and Warnz]
Back Story
Click

A Note
I haven't mentioned this before, but, there will be a sort of 'order' to the posts. It's mainly to make the roleplay easier, 'kay? That's all I have to say.

Day One:
The detectives arrive.

Maps
Map of the the Williams Mansion (First Floor)

Map of the Williams Mansion (Second Floor)

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/06/2007 7:38 PM

ImageImage
Flare/Iria

The wind moaned as it swept through the cold road of Angel Street. Despite the coldness of the day, many people were about and out, cheerfully chatting to one another, though they kept their voices low. After all, eyes were everywhere...

The residents quickly walked past one house, often tearing their curious gaze from the huge mansion. There it was: house number 13, the Williams Mansion. The unlucky house. The rumors spoke of ghosts, of a haunting. Flare didn't care. He strut with an important air, his chest puffed out in confidence. His companion, Iria, was a bit more timid, clinging to his back, trying to ignore the glances.

As the Garudor and Stargoyle made their way through the streets, people eyed them suspiciously and moved away, their low voices fading into whispers. Who were these new arrivals? What was their purpose? All eyes widened as they headed toward the mansion. The whispers heightened to a feverish chant, spreading more gossip around.

"Uh, Flare?"Iria squeaked. "Are you sure th-"

"Of course this is!"Flare held up a faded, red-colored ad. "See? House number 13. Right here, Iria."he eyed her with amusement. "You aren't afraid, are you?"

"Afraid?"Iria nervously chuckled. "There's the accidents that's been going around! I mean, we could be-"

The Garudor silenced her with a loud cough. "Everything can be explained logically, Iria."

They made their way to the imposing, grand doors of the mansion. Flare boldly knocked on the great wooden doors with his claw. He waited. The door slowly opened, and a plump looking woman with graying hair peeked through the door. "What do you want?"Her high, nervous voice scraped Flare and Iria's ears.

"We're detectives, ma'am."Iria mumbled. "We're here to-"

"Thank goodness!"The woman exclaimed. "I'm Mrs. S! Thank goodness you came! Come in, come in!"She ushered the two in hurriedly and slammed the doors shut behind them. "Come with me!"She led them down the grand hall and into a comfortable looking room. A fire warmly crackled in an enormous fireplace. "Please, make yourself comfortable here! I'll be back with refreshments later!"That said, Mrs. S left the two standing in the huge room all alone, obviously getting some food.

Iria sighed and plopped down into a velvet chair. "What do we do now?"

Flare shrugged. "We wait."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby spaz » 12/06/2007 8:51 PM

Scout trotted up the road solemly. Usually he was all fun and hyper, but today was not the day for that. The day was chilly and grey, every so often a wafty mist would decend, only to swept away by the unforgiving winds. It so happens that such a mist clinging to Angel Street at this moment. Unable to see, the Sahound perked up his large ears to hear his way to his objective. He cought the echoes of whispers.

They went in... Dont they know? Cursed... Number 13, strange things...

He perked up as he heard Number Thirteen. That was where he was headed! He started towards the voices, gleaning unease and superstition from the crowd. As he reach the milling crowd, the mist was swept away and the great manor revealed.

Steeling himself, he walked sowly up the drive and towards the ominous, looming, mansion. When he finally reached the imposing door, he knocked, flattening his ears so the sound wouldn't hurt.

As he waited for the knock to be answered, he had plenty of time to reflect. What was Scout doing here anyway? He had seen the ad, and thought e could help, after all, didn't he help Abbie find Skychild's egg? And when Darkest Dream went missing, didn't he know exactly where to look? So he had come here, oping that his skills could be of use to poor Mr. and Mrs. S.
spaz
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 134
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/06/2007 8:56 PM

The door slammed open, revealing a little girl most likely no more than ten. She seemed incredibly thin and fragile, like a little gust of wind could blow her down. She continued to stare before saying at length in a hushed whisper, "Save yourself! Run from this place! Death comes to those who stay!" The girl suddenly ran back into the house, leaving the door open. It was obvious that the Sahound could come in if he wanted to. Or, he could wait...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby spaz » 12/06/2007 9:22 PM

Scout was a little taken aback by the girl. But, he knew that he had to be brave, so he took step after hesitant step into the gloomy halls.
"Er...Hello? Miss, is everything all right?" He asked nervously. Maybe this hadn't been such a good idea...
A creak in the floorboards made poor Scout jump and he inched his way across the wide open space, every hair on his body standing strait up. He listened for something, anything. He thought he might be able to hear a crackling fire somewhere down the carvern-like space...
spaz
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Warnz » 12/06/2007 9:36 PM

*An energetic female Candle Shinza and a not-so energetic male Temple Gyrraptor walked down the icy road towards the Mansion. Actually, the Shinza seemed to be dragging the Gyrraptor along, teasing him about his "fears of anything that may turn out to be interesting, or even exciting!" The gyrraptor only sighed in reply*

*Finally, they reached the mansion door, which seemed to have closed again. The shinza rang the bell*

Sydine: "Hi! I'm Sydine!"
*Sydine points to the gyrraptor*
Sydine: "And this is Standing! We've come to help with the, erm..."
*Sydine lowers her voice*
Sydine: "... supernatural mystery..."
*Standing just lets out a long sigh*
Standing: "You do realize that no one has answered, right?
Sydine: "I know that, I'm just practicing! Garsh..."
Standing: "Bah Humbug..."

*The odd pair continued to wait. The mist began to part, but only part way, creating an ominous effect, as if the very air was haunted.*

Sydine: "I have to admit, this is a bit... creepy"

*As if cued by Sydine's statement, the door slammed open.*

(Dun-dun-duuun!!!)

{Standing: 1/Sydine: 1}
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 281
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/07/2007 7:05 PM

Mrs. S had re-entered the hallways when she discovered that a Wood Sahound had somehow 'appeared' in her house. "Who are you?!" She shrilly accused and dropped the tray she was holding. "What do you want?!" All the commotion promoted Flare and Iria to rush into the scene.

"Ma'am, is any-" Flare jumped as the door slammed open, revealing a Temple Gyyraptor and a Candle Shinza on the doorstep. "What is going on?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby spaz » 12/07/2007 8:36 PM

"I..uh...the girl...umm." Scout stuttered. "I'm very sorry to have disturbed you miss, I just saw your add in the paper and came offer my assistance." Scout was a bit frazzled. He had only been there for about fifteen minutes and all ready he was getting weirded out by all these strange characters. He looked at all the others coming with interest.

(horrible, I know. Apologies.)
spaz
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/08/2007 3:08 PM

Common Fellox

Blood Hollowheart

Cherry sighed as she flew through the crisp evening air, FireBlade perched upon her. She could feel his throat on her back, and rolled her eyes when she felt him gulp.

"If you were scared of flying, why did you say you were perfectly fine with it?" she asked him, trying to pinpoint the mansion's location. FireBlade rose slightly.

"Because I am fine with it...." He took one look down and gulped again. "I just didn't know we were going to go so.....high." Cherry shook her head, this couldn't be for real. The Hollowheart wasn't that old, and wasn't that big. But there was nothing she hated more than having someone, other than Shay or Amber, ride her. It was humiliating. She had gone from fierce, fire-breathing dragon to flying mule. Her thoughts were quickly averted when she spotted the house she was looking for. She prepared to dive.

"Please be gentle." FireBlade whispered, and Cherry decided that if she didn't want puke all over her scales, she better agree. So as softly as possible, she dove down and in front of the mansion. FireBlade jumped off shakily, and slumped down. Cherry sighed again and and knocked heavily on the door with her tail.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 12/08/2007 3:14 PM

Mrs. S jumped at the loud knock and muttered to the Sahound, "P-please, make yourself at h-home. J-just be careful of the s-spiders."

Flare and Iria exchanged amused glances. Spiders? The woman hadn't mentioned spiders when they arrived. How strange... "Ma'am, if you don't mind, I'll get it." Flare glanced at the new arrivals and opened the door, revealing two new visitors, most likely detectives. "Um, hello?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/08/2007 6:41 PM

Snowy, in her ice pheonix form, flew ahead of her two Evelonian pets. The Snowball, Blizz, looked up at her. "Master, what are we supposed to do again?" she asked quietly. Snowy kept her eyes ahead, but answered, "We are going to a mantsion to solve a mystery. Now be a good pet and go knock on that door." the ice pheonix said in a cool tone. A Stargoyle followed behind the two, preferring to walk rather than fly. "A-are you s-sure about th-th-this?" Starstone asked, her voice shaky. Usually, Starstone couldn't be scared easily. But from what she'd heard about this place... she shivered, cold running up her spine. "I d-don't l-l-like it." she stuttered. Snowy looked back at her, crystal blue eyes locking with her's. "Don't worry, Stars, you'll be okay." she said soothingly.

[[Blizz-1, Star- 1]]
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Warnz » 12/08/2007 6:48 PM

Standing had always considered himself exceptionally unlucky, and what had happened in the past few seconds had just proved it. There they were, minding their own business, waiting outside of a haunted house when BAM! the door slams open. Most people don't consider self-slamming doors unlucky, but Standing was paranoid, with good reason. Just as they were about to walk in, a Hollowheart had calmly settled itself on top of him.
    Now that the thing had moved off of him, he was really confused.

Standing: "Okay, what was that for! What is wrong with you?!!?!"

It was actually the second time that had happened that day, only the first happened to involve a certain Candle Shinza named Sydine.

Standing: "Sydine! Where are you, dang it!?!?"

Turning around, Standing finally noticed the jittery woman in the doorway, telling someone about spiders. A shiver went down his spine. He hated spiders.

{Standing: 2}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the Hollowheart landed on Standing, Sydine had jumped away, surprised, and somehow had activated her hovering ability, landing her on the roof. It was an old wooden roof, and bore a resemblance to Victorian-style architecture. The fog had finally parted, and from where she was sitting, Sydine could see quite a bit of Nabias, along with a view of the commotion below. She stood up, being careful as to not fall of the roof, which was currently about twenty feet from the ground.
    Sydine had never been one to pass up an opportunity to get the upper hand, and this would be no exception.

Sydine (to self, in head): "This is perfect! As long as Standing doesn't open up his big mouth, then nobody will know that I'm here! That way, whoever is behind all of this won't know that I'm on their trail! Look out, 'ghost,' here I come!"

Sydine began inspecting the roof expanse, attempting to find a way to the inside.

{Sydine: 2}
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/08/2007 8:57 PM

(OOC: Everyones, the door is opens. Just go in ^ ^)

"I guess you're here to help." Mrs. S suspiciously said. "I guess you can come in...just...this way. She led the large group back into the waiting room and stammered. "I-I'll go get refreshments. D-do be careful here!" With that she tottered off to the kitchen, obviously to get some food.
~*~

On the roof where the Candle Shinza was exploring, a huge gust of wind swept by, carrying an ominous wind. Suddenly, out of nowhere, an arrow flew by her, from the trees, hitting the chimney that was behind her. Attached to it was a note that was seemingly covered in blood...still, she could make out the words if she tried. It said:

BEGONE INTRUDER. THE CURSE OF THE DEVIL IS ON THIS HOUSE. FLEE IF YOU WANT TO LIVE.

Well, those were inviting words...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Warnz » 12/08/2007 9:28 PM

Sydine jumped back, screaming.
    Sydine: "Calm down, Syd. It's only a note. Only a note with blood on it. Only a blood-stained note shot at me by a demonic haunting."
    She knew that she had to get off the roof, and get off soon. The only way she knew about at the moment was the- THE CHIMNEY! Sprinting towards the smoke-stack, she slipped, sliding into it, face away. For a split second, she was sure that she could see something in the mist, not a ghost, but an solid figure. Screaming yet again, she used the arrow to pull herself up, pulling it out in the process.

{Sydine: 3}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Standing was not interested in the hushed conversations drifting around the room. He was too preoccupied by what he had heard just seconds ago.
    Anonymous: "Aaagghhhh!!!!"
    Standing: "There it is again! It's coming from- the chimney?"
    He pointed in the direction where the strange noise originated.

{Standing: 3}
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/09/2007 8:27 PM

Snowy followed her in, going into her human form. A snowflake was imprinted on her forhead, and on the underside of her palms. Starstone and Blizz followed behind. "Hello." she said to the others in the waiting room. She watched as Mrs. S walked into the kitchen. "She seems a bit... jittery. What's been going on here?" she asked. She knew what had happened before, but she wondered what they were talking about before she got here. Blizz quietly scampered around, sniffing the others and shaking pet's paws and talons. Starstone just stayed at Snowy's side, afraid to go anywhere.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items