Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Hidden in Plain Sight [P, Talcen and I]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/01/2012 2:57 AM

Noah rubbed his temples silently, looking over the papers spread out on his desk with no small amount of frustration. “How on earth…?” he began, shuffling a few of the papers and rearranging them carefully into a small stack. “How did the reconstruction budget get so out of control? Someone’s been spending too much.” As he spoke, he clasped his forehead in his hands, quietly anticipating the headache to come. He certainly wished he had a distraction from all of this. Going over budget reports and acquisition forms was a pain in the ass that he didn’t need. If he’d known he’d be pushing papers and sitting  at a desk all day when he signed up to be in the service…he might’ve just stayed home. His grandfather had always made the military sound exciting, and while he was just a lowly private, an enlisted man, it was.

But now that he was a Brigadier General (Or ‘sir’ as his subordinates called him; he chuckled at the thought) everything was paper, pens and just a bunch of forms. The writing was starting to blur together, and the words started to make no sense. He glanced up at his clock, and then around the wide, spacious confines of his office. The couches and the low table in the middle, reserved for entertaining higher ranks if needed, sat unused and looking oh-so-comfortable. Noah longed to stretch out and just lay down on one. He was about to rise from his seat, when the door opened, and a female officer, complete with a miniskirt that Noah quite appreciated, slipped inside, balancing a tray with a kettle and cups laden on top. She stood at attention, and Noah was impressed with how she managed to salute and keep the tray balanced all at the same time. “Sir, I’ve brought your afternoon tea,” she informed, heels clicking together. Noah chuckled softly, a roguish smile curling over his handsome face.

“At ease, Sergeant. You don’t have to be so formal about the tea.” He waved her off, and the woman’s cheeks burned a deep scarlet as she edged into the room and gracefully set the tea set down on the table in the middle, her smile shy and somewhat coquettish as she batted her eyelashes his way. “Of course, sir. Please, enjoy your tea. And let me know if there’s anything at all I can do for you.” She saluted once more, and Noah grinned deeply as she slunk out of the office, amused at her innuendo. It was very well known around the offices that he was a ‘lady’s man,’ and was able and very willing to take out just about anything with nice legs and a pretty face. But that aside…Noah eyed the tea set appreciatively, standing up from his desk and giving in to the urge to walk over to his couch and flop down on it, arms folded behind his head. He thought about grabbing a cup of tea, but for now, he’d rather rest his eyes. If he was lucky, no one would come in and bother him (or see him acting so…un-leader-like). But his luck usually didn’t hold out long when it came to matters like these.

((As for his human form...I basically picture Roy Mustang from Full metal Alchemist, but with dark gray hair and peach eyes~ XD))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Hidden in Plain Sight [P, Talcen and I]

Postby Kylo » 06/01/2012 1:05 PM

It had been ages since Thompson had atcually been in warfare and now he was rather bored with his career. Since the officer he was assigned to had risen s much in rank he has left to do paperwork which in turn left Thompson with nothing to go but train younger medics. That was something that Thompson did not find to be very entertaining, and rather vexing at times. The recruits were getting lazier and lazier with each passing year and Thompson found it to be intorlerable. The only thing that kept him going was Noah. While he wouldnever say it out loud he had deep feelings for the man and wanted to always be there in case he needed him.

Feeling bored and a bit lonely he decided he would visit his commanding officer for a bit. He'd just make up an excuse as to why he was visiting when he got there. He smiled a bit brighter at the thought of conversing with and walked up to his office with a brisk pace. Taking a deep breath he knocked politely on the door and hoped to be let in, all the while thinking of possible things he could say to him once inside.

((Oh nice~ I picture Thompson as like Allen Walker from D Grey Man, minus the strange symbol on his face and with soft green eyes. Also obviously older too. XD))

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/01/2012 2:09 PM

Noah cracked open one eye when he heard the knock on the door. That was surprising; most people just came in and saluted. There was only one person he knew polite enough to knock, and if that was indeed him, then Noah had no reason to get up off the couch and try to act ‘leader-like.’ Thompson had been with him since his first promotion, and he’d dragged the medic up through the ranks with him, unwilling to let such talent go to waste being an enlisted man. Since then, he and the medic had become close friends, and he was happy to say he had at least one person on his team whom he could trust implicitly.

He whistled merrily, eyeing the tea seat once more and contemplating pouring himself a cup. He crossed his boots at the ankle, and for a moment, contemplated letting the medic stand outside for a while, since he was too polite to just come in, like everyone else. “If you’re a beautiful girl,” he called merrily, deciding to show some mercy. “Then by all means, come in.” Thompson was well aware of Noah’s quirks and would come in anyway, he was sure. Although, it probably wouldn’t be too bad if it was a girl, but Noah knew for a fact that it was not.

He closed his eyes again, arms still folded behind his head as he relaxed into his couch. He cracked one eye open and glanced at the clock. It was still about an hour before his lunch break began, but he figured it wouldn’t hurt to relax a little longer, away from all that damned paperwork and the headache he could feel coming on. Maybe he’d weasel Thompson into doing some of it for him.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/01/2012 3:22 PM

Thompson waited patient for some sort of reply when Noah let out a remark about a beautiful women. He laughed lightly and came inside smiling. He looked around and immeadiately spotted his friend and superior officer lounging on the couch. "Hello Noah. Taking a break early I see." He smiled and sat down in an empty seat.

"The paperwork getting to you?" he asked casually. He knew that he should still be reffering to Noah as sir but it felt weird to do so when it was just the two of them. He saw the untouched tea and grinned knowing that it had probably been brought by one of the female officers. He knew very well just how much of a ladies man his friend was and it made me him laugh at all the women fawning over him.

"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/11/2012 9:44 PM

“I’ve got paperwork coming out of my nose,” Noah remarked dryly, cracking open one pale, peach colored eye to glower over at his friend.  “I hardly have time for anything else! If I’d have known this much work was going to come with the promotion, I’d have told them to shove it up their asses and find someone else.” He waved a flippant hand, closing his eyes once more and folding his arms behind his head. “Have some tea if you want. I’m sure it’s good; it usually is.” He knew from experience, of course; the tea made by that particular female officer was always quite good.

“You know, now that you’re here, you could always do some of my paperwork for me? You’re good at forging my signature.” He turned his head, giving his friend a pleading look that, most of the time, had women tripping over themselves to do as he asked. “Come ooooon. It’s so boring. And my lunch break is in…” he glanced at the clock once more. “Like, forty-five minutes. Think of all the joys of paperwork and fine print you could discover!”

((Sorry it's so...short. Not much for him to do. XD))

Last bumped by MillietheWarrior on 06/11/2012 9:44 PM.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate