Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

[-- Pt1. Rendezvous [Self|M|V/L]

Postby Redd » 07/01/2012 8:34 AM

Night wasn't the usual haunting hour for the angel, neither was a disreputable bar in the corner of an alternate universe, but this was an unusual situation at best.
The angel shifted through his papers - his assignment - once more, trying to see if he had missed anything. By all rights, he shouldn't have even been in this world. It was an alternate universe to Kyrestrim, the universe he came from. It had its own set of angels and demons - Seraphim and Chaos the residents called them - and Gods - Yepha, Xai're and Zu'hai - and usually these places were forbidden to enter under usual circumstances.

But according to his papers and briefing, this wasn't the usual circumstances. Apparently, a demon from Kyrestrim had slipped through to this world through a disturbance in time and space. Well no, that was wrong. A few demons had slipped through the disturbance and now it was his job to round them up.
The angel reached over and took a sip out of his lemonade glass - at least the stuff they drank here was the same - and shuffled through his papers again. Well, his previous statement was wrong too. He had only been tasked with taking down the most disruptive demon that had slipped through, a soul stealing devil by the name of Noarak. Apparently it had been causing issues in this particular region, and the angel was the best at hunting demons during his lifetime as a human.

He sighed wearily and swallowed the rest of his drink. The angel had been under orders to wait at this particular bar for his partner to show up. The higher-ups never let an angel work alone, especially under these circumstances, though the nature of the meeting was... unusual. They usually made the pair meet before sending them off, and set ups like this usually meant the involvement of another race of heavenly beings.
The main question on his mind was, what were they partnering him up with?

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: [-- Pt1. Rendezvous [Self|M|V/L]

Postby Redd » 07/01/2012 8:47 AM

Likewise for the woman who had just entered the bar, this was not how or where she usually spent her Friday evenings. This was the wrong universe for a start plus, and sharing a bar with a couple of humans and speaking animals was not another.
The woman twisted her mouth into a grim smile, noting the expressions on the customers faces, noting the lines of weariness on their faces, the bags of skin under their eyes noting a lack of sleep and their hard eyes, some giving her unfriendly and wary stares.

She quickly gathered that first off, she was in the right town and secondly the right district of the town to begin her hunt for their little soul stealer. Only that kind of demon had such a profound affect on an area, leaving their residents looking worse for wear, like a huge weight was bearing down on their very being, so that was a slight confidence booster for her.
The second tip was a man sitting in the back corner of the room, musing over a set of papers. To anyone else, he probably just appeared to be like a normal man, just like the woman probably just appeared to look like a normal woman, but to her, his true form was revealed.
To normal people, he probably appeared like your average Joe - just a guy in jeans and a red shirt with tousled black hair and unusually bright blue eyes.
But to her, he was different. The man had impressive black wings, their tips stained with red and he seemed to emit a bright aura and a pleasant feeling.

Yes, the woman was sure - no, certain, this was her partner.

"Wyatt... Or Yorutanekke?" She queried, stepping tentatively towards him. "What were you calling yourself in this realm? My elders were never sure."

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/01/2012 9:03 AM

The angel shifted in his seat to stare at the woman who had just said his name. He was slightly surprised by what he saw. Again, she probably just looked like a normal woman, albeit a little casually dressed but for him, he saw her for what she was, a Valkyrie. There wasn't too many differences between a human woman and an out of uniform Valkyrie, but she seemed to emit a certain aura and possessed a pair of ethereal wings, and even out of uniform, it was impossible not to note the ornate gold and brown halberd that she had strung across her back, though she had made an effort to conceal it with her black cloak.

"In this world... Yorutanekke." The angel replied, a confused, but polite smile touching his lips. "And you?"

The Valkyrie paused at the name, her amber eyes briefly flicking over to her travelling bag. "Krypto. Valkyrie, if you hadn't already sensed." She replied briefly. "That name... is associated with demons in this world, isn't it?"

Yorutanekke nodded his head. "That is correct. Well, Chaos actually but the name is associated with a higher ranking Chaos. Not chosen for any ill intention, I can assure you. Perhaps the name will help us bait our foe?" He replied, noting her concern. "And now I must ask. Why did they send a Valkyrie, of all things. It is not usual for your kind to deal with these kinds of affairs. The halls and battlefields would suit your kind a whole lot more, don't you think?"

"Wyatt suits you better." Krypto snorted at his remark. "Such racism even exists among angels." She replied, though there was little scorn in her voice. "Noarak has something that belongs to us."

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/01/2012 8:54 PM

Yorutanekke raised an eyebrow but made no comment towards her sarcastic remark. Valkyries and angels were two completely different entities, and usually did not get along in even the most simplest of situations. Angels were the guardians of humans and enforcers of what was right and by default were usually reserved, spiritually 'clean' and free from human sin and corruption. Valkyries on the other hand were fierce, outspoken spirits, whose job it was to retrieve and guide fallen heroes to the afterlife. While they had a fierce sense of pride and justice, they often embraced things that angels shunned.

"Aah. I see. Did it get to one of your fallen before you did?" Yorutanekke queried. "They gave me no indication of who I was supposed to be partnered with, so I am afraid you're going to have to fill in the blanks."

Krypto nodded, placed her briefing papers on the table and sat down. "That is correct. I'm not sure how he did it, but he managed to steal one of the einherjar right out of Valhalla. How it managed it, we all have no idea. But I was sent to retrieve the einherjar and return him to his rightful place."

Again, Yorutanekke raised his eyebrows. The halls of Valhalla were impossible to reach from both the mortal realm and the pits of hell, so how had this demon managed to pull that off? It was a perplexing question and one that he figured Krypto or himself would be able to answer once they had tracked down this demon. "Astonishing..." He mused, scratching his head thoughtfully. "Well then, I guess we better start making a plan to capture this demon."

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/03/2012 4:25 AM

"Well, luckily for us I have a whole sheet on this guy." Krypto replied, flashing her teeth in a triumphant smile. "It's uuh... right here. Hang on."

She stuck her tongue between her teeth and started flicking through the thick paper wad that had been neatly binded together. Her taskmasters had been extremely informative with the amount of information she had received, despite it being an alternate universe. There was first an in-depth account of her mission, a profile of the missing einherjar, a profile of the demon (which had a long catalogue of his history, strengths, weaknesses, habits), a comprehensive list of Evelon's customs and culture and a profile of Wyatt, or the angel in front of her who was using the name Yorutanekke - though she would have to be careful to not reveal that part of the document to him.
Carefully, she removed the demon's profile from the binding and then set the documents down on the table.

"Here. Take a read through this." Krypto said, carelessly flicking the sheets towards him. "I'm going to get a drink. Give me some of their currency, would you?"

"But I have my own prof-" Yorutanekke paused mid-complaint, as he picked up the pages. Clearly she had been provided so much more information than he had. But why? Angels were governed by near-omnipotent beings, whereas she was not. How was that even possible? He sighed again and threw Krypto some Keystones. "They're called Keystones." He replied. "See those ones there? They're worth 1, whereas these ones are worth 5."

"Thanks, I'll try to remember." Krypto replied shortly, before getting up again and eagerly heading towards the bar.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/03/2012 8:50 AM

"Hey uh... you guys don't sell... mead, do you?" Krypto asked the bartender awkwardly, rolling this worlds currency - rocks of all things - in the palm of her hand.

The bartender, a heavyset man with the largest mustache Krypto had ever seen, set down the glass he was cleaning and gave her the most dirtiest look he could muster. "Yea' we do. What do yer' take me for? We ain't broke." He growled. "Jus' some hard times, y'know."

"I uh... I'm not from around here. I'm sorry." She raised her hands apologetically. "Can I get a flagon of that?"

"Yer' don't say." He grunted, snatching up a (dubious looking) glass from the rack and filling it up to the brim with honey-coloured liquid. "That'll be 7 keystones."

"Oh, uh. Hang on, let me count this out." Krypto replied, rolling the money over in her hand, trying to remember what Yorutanekke had said. But as hard as she tried, she could remember what symbols meant what, and she hadn't gotten to that part of the briefing. Culture was boring, hunting an adversary was much more thrilling. "Aah... you know what. Take the lot. I can't be bothered working it out." She replied, just tipping the money into the mans hand, before scooping up her drink and wandering back to the table.

"How'd you go?" Yorutanekke raised a curious eye at the approaching Valkyrie.

"Aah... Okay. I gave the guy all the money. Not for his wonderful attitude, mind." Krypto replied, huffing in irritation.

"What? All the money?" Yorutanekke replied, his voice edged with frustration. "That was like... 15 keystone. We could have bought food with that. You do know that now we are separated from our appropriate planes, we need to eat and drink and sleep, right?"

Krypto paused, that statement was news to her. Before replying, she snatched up her documents and breezed through them until she got to the part that explicitly stated what Yorutanekke had just said. "Shiiit. That's news to me. I must have spaced out during my briefing." She replied, biting her lip. "They gave me no money though, what are we going to do?"

Yorutanekke groaned but resisted the urge to bang his head on the table. First off, she was completely hopeless, second off, any sort of swearing or cussing made him want to grind his teeth. "Well, thankfully, I do have money. You're not touching it though."

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff