Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

My Titles Are So Creative(P, ShadowStitches and I)

Postby Lii Anne » 07/15/2012 8:05 PM

Rain poured outside, drizzling in to puddles on the sidewalks and roads. You could hear the sound of cars speeding over the water, sending it in a spray on to whatever unfortunate soul just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Along one of the main roads was a building, a bar, a flashing neon red 'open' sign in its front window and a pair of men standing outside the double-width doors. The night was young, and they were continually busy checking identification.

Within its walls a young woman made her way to the bar, and was chatting up the bartender as he made her a martini. She had her body leaned towards the counter, one elbow propped against it, and one finger from that hand resting against her cheek. There was a soft smile on her face between her words and laughs, and with a quick "thank you", she got to her alcohol. She tipped it like a shot.

"Alixia James, I never thought you would be one for the drinking game." The owner of the voice crossed his arms on the counter, passed up the offer when the bartender asked him if he wanted anything, and gave the blonde beside him a grin. She looked at him through her peripheral and then rolled her eyes.

"Andrew Yeoman, I never thought I'd see your face ever again... Why'd you have to show up?" There was venom in her voice, entirely opposite of his. She wasn't fond of him, not one bit. Though she'd only been in the area for just over a year, she'd already been involved in the dating game... With him. It hadn't ended well.

"Oh, that hurts. Really does, Lix. You know that right?" The man put a pained expression on his face, and then frowned at her. "Why you so cold? I thought we had something good, babe."

"Why are you here?" Alixia snapped, glaring at him.

"Woah, calm down. I'll leave then. Just tryin' to fix things." He returned the venomous tone, got to his feet and walked off. She couldn't object to that one bit.

"Hand me another," Alixia requested, handing her glass to the bartender as she looked around.

((And you thought your title was bad. You see mine? Actually, wait. It's pure brilliance.))
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 60
Donate

Re: My Titles Are So Creative(P, ShadowStitches and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/16/2012 3:50 AM

Nathan
Stella

"c'mon Nathan...stop pulling such a face" Stella gave her partner a dissaproving look over the table,
but still had that mishivous amusement in her eyes. "its not that bad here, is it?"
The Man in front of her snorted "yeah, if you have a knack for drunk stumbling people and
shady looking bouncers then I guess this place is just perfect" She growled "that is not true and you know it.
this bar actually is one of the few that is not annoyingly loud and...sticky." "you should know" Nathan mumbled under his breath. She leaned forward, an evil smirk on her otherwise delicate features. "you're right honey. and you know why? I have a life. its fun, you should try it" he just leaned back in his seat, not answering thatone, and let his gaze drift lazily through the bar. Stella furrowed her forehead slightly. they sat close to a window, and they could actually hear that the rain was getting worse, whipping against the windows. If anything, now it was to late to go anywhere else. that was most likely why Nathan was so cranky. still, she decidet to poke around a little more.

"Whats eating you Nate? you look even more annoyed then usually" His pale gray, piecing eyes locked back with hers. "I dont know Stella. maybe its the fact that there was an other crispy body laying on my table this morning, and we still have no clue at all. we don even really know where to begin here, because..." "stop."
Stellas tone was sharp an comanding "we are off duty. this is exactly what you are not supposed to think about right now. try to relax, man. Or you will destroy yourself one day" it was not the first time Nathan heard that.
and she was right, but he would never admit that. "you know, maybe you'll even find a nice girl to distract you tonight" she chirped, making a discrete movement with her head towards a group of young women, lounging at a table furher at the back of the bar. "oh yeah right. me and my womanizing skills. at the latest when the profession is brought up, I am simply irrisitible 'oh, and what is your profession' 'nothing special...you know...cutting open dead people' and if that wont work, I will impress them with my enormous biceps."
Nathan was, of all people in this bar, including most women, the skinniest person arround. there simply was no biceps.

Stella was about to snark back, when her eyes got stuck on a girl leaning at the bar. she squinted slightly, obviously not entirely sure, before almost screaming "holy f*cking s*ht!"  Nathan turned arround surprised, seeing a man walk away from the girl "oh come on...he is not that good looking to justify screaming profanities" "shut up Nate" Stella said, before standing up and making her way towards the Girl. "Lixia? It has been ages!" that was no overstatement. she was surprised that she even recognized her here...
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/16/2012 12:39 PM

Having Andrew walk off definitely pleased her, and the drink placed in her hand even more so. She sipped at this one, taking her time. She continued to chat up the bartender while she did so, occasionally scanning the bar to look for someone.

It wasn't long before someone became visible, and upon hearing her name, Alixia pushed off the counter to turn the revolving stool she was on, and saw an unfamiliar, yet familiar, young woman coming over to her. She was perplexed originally, unable to put a name to the face... and that alone she could barely recollect. She wasn't too fond of that... Rarely did she ever forget a name. Her eyes narrowed and her head cocked slightly to the left, and she was almost about to ask the newcomer who she was before she was able to match the name to the face.

"Stella!" She exclaimed, hopping to her feet off of the barstool and making her way over to the woman, who she hadn't seen in, literally, ages. This was an interesting coincidence, as Lixia hadn't expected to see her... well, ever, again, really. She never expected to see anyone again, really.

Lixia took a spot in front of her, one hand holding her waist and a partial grin on her face. "Holy sh-t, what are you doing here?" She asked before moving her hands out, a request for a hug.

(Sorry for lame x.x)
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/16/2012 7:11 PM

(dont worry about it...mine wont be great either :/
and a little short I'm afraid)

Stella had to grin about the short confusion on the other woman's face, before long however, she pulled her into a firm hug. "I'm here to celebrate my few days of work by drinking excessively ...at least that was the plan until now" she laughed, looking at her with happy curiosity. "you're looking good! how have things been? how long have you been around here at Nabias?" she stopped herself

"sorry for that...flood of questions right there. its just...of all places, to meet you here is almost scary"
she smiled again, turning her head slightly towards her table. Nathan was sitting there watching them,
with obvious confusion plastered on his face. "care to join us over there? think it might be a little more comfortable then just standing around here"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/16/2012 7:49 PM

Alixia pulled the other woman tightly before taking in her bombardment of questions - not that she was even sure she had caught most of them. As far as she caught there were two - how had she been and how long had she been here. "Uh, I'm fine, and I think it's almost been a year now," she managed to sputter out as she released Stella. She stood in front of her, eyed the floor for a second, and then looked over to where Stella had glanced, the direction she'd came from.

"Oh? Boyfriend or something?" She asked curiously, giving her a smile. She was amused by the look on the man's face. Pure and total confusion. Beautiful. It reminded her of the look that had probably originally been on her face, and that made it wonderful. Before Stella had time to respond to her comment, Lixia continued. "But, yeah, I'd love to join you guys. We really need to catch up, Stel."
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/17/2012 1:39 PM

Stella looked surprised. "really? over a year already? guess the world is not as small as I just thought"
She was living here for quite some time now, at least...maybe 3 years. one would have thought that they would have met earlier...

Happy that she wanted to spend some time with them, she turned towards their table "we definetively do!" she smirked, while making her way back over . "oh and nope, not my boyfriend, just a working colleague." "just a working collaegue..." echoed Nathan slightly snippy when they reached him "gee thanks for the great introduction Stella. Hi. i'm Nathan, nice to meet you" he added with a much friendlier smile and tone when he turned to Alixia, shaking her hand slightly.
"now...would you guys mind to fill me in in just what exactly is going on?"

Stella still smiled when sitting down "oh jeah.  Lixia and I went together to highschool, and kind of...lost contact after that. so this is pretty much the coincidence of the century." she did not even wait for Nathan to somehow respond to that, but leaned slightly forward over the table. "So! how...how have things been going for you?" she asked, knowing that this question was quite over the place, but...well the best she could ask really after all those years

(hope highschool is okay with you?)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/17/2012 11:19 PM

((Yeah, it's just fine~))

"Well, I don't get out much, so it's not surprising you haven't seen me until now," Alixia said with a chuckle at Stella's surprised reaction. It was only a half-truth - she was always out, but she didn't go anywhere where she ran in to people she knew by accident.

Making her way over to Nathan with Stella, she thought to herself about how wonderful this seemed to be - old friends were the best. Her friend seemed pretty snarky, though, which amused her. "Alixia, though people tend to cut of the 'a' at the beginning," she said with a friendly smile as she returned his greeting and handshake, before Stella getting right in to conversation again.

"Well... Life's been a little crazy. Uhm, after we graduated I went in to med school. Waste of time, dropped out after a year, and then I considered going in to obstetrics, and now I just finished schooling for veterinary technology a couple years ago. Uhm, I ended up with a stalker last summer so I ended up moving here to get away from him..." She spaced off for a second, bit down on her lip. Not entirely true, but she figured she'd be asked why she decided to come here eventually. Lixia thought for a second, trying to think of anything else important. "And, well, now here I was, a year later, chatting up a bartender and pissing off my ex-boyfriend when I run in to one of my old friends." Her life sounded... so boring.
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/19/2012 2:51 AM

The both of them listened closely, their eyes darkening when she mentioned the stalker. Stella giggled a little tho when she mentioned her ex "oh so that was the guy who ran of basically steaming" she grinned.
she tilted her head slightly, watching her. "phew seems like you have quite the oddisee behind you.
I hope that stalker did not...follow you?" she looked very concerned at that. Stalkers where the bane of
the polices existence, since they could not really do much unless the person got violent or did something else.
Often, the police was blamed to not do much against it, while the truth was that they actually where not legally alowed as long as the stalker did nothing else then...well stalk. "and veterinary technology? sounds pretty cool"

She figured that it was her turn now, and she smirked slightly. "Well, i think my path was a little more straight forward. After I graduated I first did some small jobs here and there, always wanting to actually work at the policeforce like my father. who was not very happy with that, i guess to protect me. anyway, we ended up in a huge fight, I got into a very rebellious and self destructive phase in my life.pretty much letting the brat hanging out" she paused, the smile about her last comment fading just slightly "then something....very very bad happened." she looked up at Lixia "I hope its okay with you, but I'd like to not...touch that theme here. its kind of a big downer" she managed to keep her smile up, but you could see that it still was eating on her. "anyway, i ended up here 3 years ago pretty much to escape all that, and well, the events back there kind of fueled my 'inner detective'  again. so about a year ago i actually made it into police force, being a freshly baked officer" she grinned a real grin again "belive me, those tests there where no fun"  Nathan, who kept calm for now piped up "oh i can confirm that..."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/19/2012 10:35 PM

"Yep, he thinks I'm like, in love with him. It's sort of obnoxious," Alixia stated, her face scrunching up a bit as she thought about it, and then continued speaking in hopes to relieve any worries that might be had. "As far as I know, he didn't. It's been a year and there's been no sign," she added. Best to have it that way, as there was no real need to carry that over here in case her police buddy here considered getting involved. "And yes, it's wonderful. Being involved with animals like I am, not the stalker thing." She was very much an animal person, and she was glad she had discovered that working with them was just as wonderful as owning and caring for them. Now, she ceased speaking to allow for Stella to catch her up on how life had been treating her.

"I'm okay with that, I'm not going to push you to tell me things you don't want to," Alixia said with a slight smile as she continued to listen to what her friend still had to say. It made her curious as to exactly what had happened,  but she knew better than to push. She knew she wouldn't like it very much if someone tried to do that to her about certain events in her own history. Lixia noted the way her face lit back up when she began discussing getting in to the police force, and it brought a small smile to her face. "It's good that you got what you wanted, in the end. It's worth the work, I'm assuming?" Anything you loved was worth the work, at least to her.
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/20/2012 12:57 PM

A little more relaxed after hearing that she most likely got rid of the stalker, Stella leaned back.
She liked this situation she was currently in. her life seemed to slowly fall into place, and now she even met an old friend. things where looking up...if it wasnt for a certain case.
She laughed slightly "I'm not surprised I must say...you always loved animals, if i remember corretly"

she looked at her calmly. "thank you. I will tell you later, if you want to. its just...really no story for a nightout in a bar" She ment it. she was over the events in her past, and actually, she was not even really sad any more when she thought back. somewhat angry maybe, but that was better then grief. at least in her book...

"oh yes, it totally is. its very fulfilling" she nodded enthusiastically. Nathan's eyes suddently darkened considerably. "when and if one solves a case, that is" he said, with a dark undertone. Stella shot him an annoyed look. "come on Nate. not now." Nathan crossed his arms in front of his chest, smirking slightly over towards Alixia "just saying. I dont think your job is all flowers and smiles either" Stella growled angrily. "Please ignore him. He's just on edge because...of a case that is not going so well at the moment..." She tried to apologize for her friend, who pulled a face at her comment  "we all are. which is why we got a little time off, to get our heads free" Stella said dangerously sweet, staring him down, before turning back to Lixia. She was not going to let Nathan or her, at the moment, quite frustrating work ruin that night for her.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lii Anne » 07/28/2012 3:25 PM

(sorry for badpost)

Alixia gave the pair a smile as she listened to them bicker a bit. "Always, they're wonderful. And they can't argue with you." The perks of animals over humans - they couldn't talk and argue. It was true. Sure, it made it difficult to figure out what was wrong with them sometimes, but that was why she'd been trained to figure that stuff out.  "And, I'm fine without," Lixia said, being honest. She didn't really like getting overly involved in people's lives, and it obviously wasn't much good that Stella was talking about, or she would have just said it... Not her sort of thing any more.

"And you," she faced Nathan. "Life in general isn't sugar and daisies, you get used to it after a while, kay?" She snapped, giving him a fake smile before returning to Stella. Her eyes lowered for a second. "Sorry, he's being a downer. If I wanted to be with a downer, I woulda stuck with Andrew." Yeah, that boy had been the downside of her night. She wasn't going to let anyone else potentially snark her in to a bad night. "Things will eventually turn around and you'll solve your case, and life will go on... What... exactly is going on there? Or is it confidential police stuff?" She didn't exactly know the nature of police work, so she didn't know whether or not she could be told.
Lii Anne
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/28/2012 4:04 PM

Stella nodded at her honest answer. Actually, she was relieved that she did not really want to hear it.
she was over what had happened, since it had been quite some time since, but she still felt a sting when she talked about it.
When Lixia talked back to Nathan, he looked at her very surprised, as if she just slapped him. Stella had to use all her strenght of will to not burst out laughing at this scene, concealing her slightly mean grin by taking a sip from her drink. "oh, dont be sorry. He needs that once in a while. right Nate?" she said. not waiting for an answer, she seemed to think about her question.

she exchanged a quick look with Nathan, who shrugged after a moment. "well...it will be all over the newspapers tomorrow, or in a few days anyway." surprisingly, he was not cranky after that snappy comment
from Lixia. maybe he was used to get verbal slaps from complete strangers.or he did not hold grudges.
(tho the first was more like it.) "we cant tell you everything, but basically...today the third burnt body in a row was found. we first hoped that it...well where unlinked incidents, but after today, and. well the way they where found, we now are pretty sure that there is a serial killer on the loose. specially with the incidents a few years before when there was a series of similar murders too, not here tho...i dont know if you read about them." she paused. "I'll spare you any details. fact is that we have very little to no real clues, since any real edvidence is burned." she stopped there, knowing that about that would stand in the newspaper too...only that the newspaper would pick on the local police team, since the news always was like that. She looked at her apologizing "sorry, not really a party story either, but...well like you said.
I'm sure we'll solve it eventually." Nate nodded at that, tho he was looking at the few people hurriyng through the still pouring rain outside, seemingly lost in thought for a second

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate