Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Who's the Boss? [P, L/M/G]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 1:33 AM

Who You may see in this RP:

Nim - Rowen and Akira’s daughter only. A cat telepath with the ability to communicate with felines and take the form of a large, purple colored leopard. She is a part of The Boss, and often one of the main members sent out to deal with particularly pesky problems. She also runs a veterinary clinic for felines on the side.

Jojo - A male cat spirit who is attached to Nim; contains 8 pieces of Nim’s soul, and is technically the rest of her nine lives, although this is not known by anyone but herself. Will often use the word ‘Nya!’ when speaking, and has a tendency to be very pesky.

Spirit - Rowen and Akira’s son. A fanatical worshiper of Holo the wise who has devoted himself to spreading the word of the wolf god through ought the supernatural community. Never has his headphones out, unless they fall out, and always lip reads. He can transform part of his forearms into blades, and it an incredible fighter; often sent to deal with the worst of the supernatural cases. Dislikes cursing.

Tsume - Son of Sevella and Sage. An ‘evil genius’ and leader of The Boss. He was the one who decided to first catalogue all the supernatural beings and give them licenses, as well as recruit them for the bureau to deal with supernatural crises. He likes to creep Spirit out by saying he’ll experiment on him; he’s incredibly intelligent but is also an amazing fighter, especially when using Marie as a weapon.

Shale - Tsume’s brother, son of Sevella and Sage. A wolf shifter who can’t control his shifting very well. Excellent tracker, but a complete wall flower. Works for his brother by seeking out un-catalogued and licensed supernatural beings. Very good at his job.

Kami - A wayward fire spirit hired by Nim. She has not been given a license yet. Her fire is especially potent because it is green and contains toxic fumes. She is constantly setting things in the veterinary office on fire, but carries around water bottles and soda just in case.

Marie Major - A woman with the gift of changing into whatever weapon best suits her wielder. Very kind, and sweet, but a little ditzy; constantly searching for a husband in a fanatical fashion; one of her special powers is being able to soothe any temper or heal any mental hurt with the eye behind her eye patch.

Unnamed Reaper - Also known as Tahnvi. Son of Sahfi. Became a reaper completely by accident after he ‘killed’ the former reaper. Formerly un-catalogued and unlicensed, but has currently been recruited by the bureau to be their personal reaper and work on collecting wayward souls who have strayed.  

Unnamed Corpse - Known as Kikyo. A reanimated corpse of clay. Given to the Soul Collectors because her body requires souls for sustenance, and they collect them. She eats only impure and evil souls, to rid the world of their darkness. This has no effect on her, but she is cold, and unfeeling, since she is no longer really alive.

Mafia - The Esposito Mafia; known for hiring supernatural creatures and beings to do their ‘dirty work.’ As long as everyone is licensed properly, Tsume doesn’t seem to have a problem with it. The head of the mafia is a rabbit shifter.

Bureau of Supernaturalism - A bureau began by Tsume to catalogue and license all magical and supernatural creatures and beings. Also in charge of hunting them down to make sure they are properly sorted and don’t cause the human world any trouble. Employs only supernatural beings; sends out agents to deal with particularly pesky or nasty demons, spirits or anything else on the loose. Those caught by the bureau can either register and obtain licenses and check in periodically, or are eliminated if they refuse.

Holo the Wise - The God of the Dream World, and subsequently most powerful creature in all the worlds. Controls and creates all, but uses the bureau to regulate her creations, as well as those conjured up by other, lesser Gods. Loves all of her subjects and underlings, protects them fiercely and is very proud of them. Most often in the form of a massive, giant wolf made of ethereal smoke; cannot be seen by normal humans.

Yarrakohn - A god in the Dream World. She likes to cause trouble for Holo and subsequently, the bureau by releasing spirits, demons and other pesky, supernatural creatures into the world. She doesn’t like humans, but still finds them fascinating. Very dangerous.

Sevella - A wolf shifter and former healer, and wife of Sage. Mother of Chessa, Cortez, Tsume and Shale. Very attuned to nature. Kind and caring, dangerous when riled.

Sage - A ronin warrior, Sevella’s husband, father of Chessa, Cortex, Tsume and Shale. Very strong and powerful; is not a normal human. Armor gives him the power to see the supernatural.

Rowen - A ronin warrior, Akira’s husband, father of Nim, Spirit and (Unnamed). Very strong and powerful; is not a normal human. Armor gives him the power to see the supernatural.

Akira - Formerly the deliverer of dreams, was relieved when she was married. Rowen‘s wife, mother of Nim, Spirit and (Unnamed). Has a few special powers, but prefers to stay away from the supernatural.

Rice God - A samurai-type God who lives in the rice fields. His great love of rice leads him to travel the human world in search of the perfect tasting rice. Harmless, but deadly.

Double elemental - Named Kilik. Elemental of fire and lightning. A pretty bad-ass boy who has a cool, laid back attitude. Not a bad guy, but somewhat misguided. Loves playing in the human world and hanging out with ‘regular mortals.’

Lightning Spirit - Named Harvar. Wears a pair of dark glasses to hide his eyes; finds humans interesting but confusing, and likes to study them. Not a bad guy.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Who's the Boss? [P, L/M/G]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:04 AM

Nim sighs and picks up the fifth cat who’s come in with an non-serious, non-life threatening ailment.

The cat wiggles and squirms in her hands, and she eyes it critically, like one might when choosing the best meat to buy at the market. The cat, an orange tabby who is a little overweight because it’s owner doesn’t seem to know the meaning of ‘portion control,’ mewls plaintively as she gazes into it’s green eyes and a silent message passes between them. She feels one of her eyes twitch as she looks at the stripes on it’s head, realizing one is just a tad bit off on one side, but she decides not to comment on how horribly asymmetrical the feline is. Just for good measure (And for show), she prods the cat a few more times much to it’s displeasure, and promptly hands it back to it’s owner. “There you go,” she informs the rotund woman (Who’s cat mirrors her in an almost comical way), who gazes at her with curious and desperate eyes.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:04 AM

“There’s nothing wrong with Mr. Tibby here. He’s just got a bit of an upset stomach, it seems. Give him a day or so, and he should be fine. If he exhibits anymore symptoms like the ones you described before after two days, then bring him back here, and we’ll get a little more invasive.” She shoots the woman a smile that could be called feline in nature, lips curling placidly. “Just head on up to the front desk, and Kami will get you all checked out.” The woman nods and thanks the doctor profusely, before scurrying out the exam room door with a sway that is somewhat intimidating. Nim places her head against one palm, looking vaguely  amused as she watches her go, before reaching forward to close the door and call- “I’m going on break, Kami,” to the bandage covered receptionist outside.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:05 AM

She doesn’t receive much of a response - and she doesn’t expect to; it is Kami after all - but as she exit’s the exam room and makes her way into the back, where her office is located, she hears another voice respond to her ‘lunch’ claim. “Nya~ Nim, did you bring me anything good for lunch?” Nim turns to look to the side, where a cat hovered just outside the line of vision. It is, however, unlike any cat ever conceived, with it’s long, serpentine body covered in fur and some kind of celestial dust, and the fact that it doesn’t have anything but a head, a neck and two stubby front paws. A necklace of oversized beads and a large, ridiculous bow rest around it’s neck, and it’s eyes are slatted closed, so even if Nim wanted to, she couldn’t decipher the color of the orbs beneath.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“You like tuna, don’t you, Jojo?” The feline - who’s name of Jojo was derived from Nim herself, since when the spirit cat first appeared to her, Nim couldn’t say much more than ‘Mah, and bah!’ and the cat had to be named something easy - visibly perks up, and twitches his ears. “Nya! I love tuna, Nim! Nya!” In his excitement, the spirit cat floated ahead and through her office door (Which she’d measured twenty-two times exactly to be sure it was perfectly symmetrical; she’d done it twenty-two times because twenty-two cuts evenly into eleven, and two ones beside one another are amazingly symmetrical) and begins rummaging around in the mini-fridge that sits on a sturdy table right next to her desk.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Don’t eat it all. I have to have lunch too, ya know.” Nim sags into her chair, arms falling over the perfectly balanced sides and leans her head back. She catches a glimpse of herself in a mirror (Which is measured almost daily to insure that it is, indeed, straight) and scowls; one of her hair tufts has begun to droop and is not a few inches lower than her other. Her scowl darkens as she straightens up, immediately yanking another mirror from her desk drawer and getting to work on making her hair perfectly symmetrical once more.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:06 AM

“You really need to take a chill pill.”

Jojo looks up from where he is sneakily stealing a bite of what was once Nim’s tuna and egg sandwich to see a tall, lanky man standing in the doorway. He smiles pleasantly at the woman who has stopped her preening to glower up at him, and holds his hands up in a placating gesture. “What, one of your ‘ears’ is lower than the other again?” Nim huffs, blowing out a long breath that tickles the tip of her sensitive nose. “They aren’t ‘ears,’ idiot,” she retorts, used to this type of back and forth play between herself and her ever annoyingly chipper brother. “And yes, if you must know.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:06 AM

She eyes him critically, looking him up and down and noting that his outfit (Which she has to admit, is nicely even and symmetrical) is the same as it usually is, minus the stupid little white cap he usually wears on his head. Her brother had gotten it into his head that his ‘boss,’ Holo the Wise (Or Holo-sama as he often calls her) was some kind of mighty God who should be worshiped and fawned over to the full extent, and the strange outfit and the cross around his neck certainly seemed to reflect that. His ears were plugged with those annoying headphones of his, and even though she knew the music was blaring full blast, she was well aware that he could read every word on her lips.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:07 AM

“What are you here for Spirit?” she sighs at last, when he does nothing more than smile and nod his head to the beat. Jojo looks up from his half eaten sandwich (Nim’s sandwich) and seconds his master.

“Nya! Yeah, Spirit! What are you doing here? Why aren’t you out preaching about the wonders of Holo and how everyone should worship her again, nya?”

Spirit’s smile widens, and his red-purple eyes glisten with amusement. “I’m taking a break.” He adjusts his robes, but much to Nim’s displeasure, doesn’t remove the ear buds from his ears. “Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about a few things.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:10 AM

Nim raises one perfectly sculpted brow. “Like?”

Spirit clears his throat. “Well for one, we have a few new recruits who need jobs. Like your so-called secretary, Kami. Not to mention we’ve picked up a stray death reaper, an undead clay corpse, and the local mafia is starting to get wild with the supernatural creatures who’ve taken to working for them, and then there’s Yarrakohn, who’s making trouble for Holo-sama again. And don’t even get me started on Tsume and Shale and their horrible siblings!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:11 AM

Nim gives him a flat stare as he poses dramatically with one hand over his eyes. “What about Tsume and Shale and their ‘horrible siblings‘?”

Spirit looks aghast, as if he can’t quite believe his sister isn’t aware of his woes. “Tsume is…he’s…he keeps threatening to ‘experiment on me!’ You know how freaky he is, with those crazy glasses and that weird hair of his! And how he’s always rolling around on that rolly chair of his, and the looks he gives me, and how he’s always smoking!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:12 AM

Nim deadpans. “What’s wrong with smoking?”

“EVERYTHING!  Why aren’t you more concerned about this?!”  

“Because you’re an idiot, Spirit. That’s why. There’s nothing to be concerned about.”

“YOU ARE BEING WAY TOO NONCHALANT ABOUT ALL THIS! WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER STUFF?”

“Spirit, you’re hurting my ears. And I don’t think the other stuff is much to worry about either. What on earth do you want me to do about your reaper, corpse, and the mafia? Kami has a job, so I’m not worried about her, even if she is a little…strange.” Nim winces slightly at the thought of the bandaged up girl who has a strange tendency to light things on fire. “And as for Tsume-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:12 AM

“Oh? What about Tsume?”

Both Nim and Spirit whip back towards the door (Jojo is far too engrossed in Nim’s sandwich to worry about more visitors) to see the tall, gangly man slouched in the frame of the doorway, hands in the pocket of his white lab coat and the light from the room glinting off his glasses in a way that made him look overly creepy. “Oh, you know. Spirit’s just being paranoid about being one of your experiments. By the way, Tsume, what are you doing here? You aren’t…summon able now, are you?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:13 AM

There were some members of the dream world who were able to be summoned and even though Tsume wasn’t technically a part of it, he was still supernatural and a part of their ‘world’ and collective ‘group.’ He was well aware of Holo, and vice versa, to the point where the wolf God had even contacted him to ‘chat’ about his knowledge of, well, generally everything; the man was a veritable walking library.

“No, no,” Tsume assures, waving a hand and smiling faintly, his eyes crinkling behind his glasses. The cigarette dangling from his mouth is unlit (although it isn’t always) and Nim thinks, with no small sense of smug satisfaction, that he learned his lesson from the last time he tried to smoke in her clinic; he still sports a rather impressive scar from where she’d whacked him on the head with one of her sterilizing trays.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2012 2:14 AM

“Not at all. I actually just came by to discuss a few things with you.” He leers impressively at Spirit, who edges away despite the blaring music in his headphones. “First, and foremost…are you even aware that you’re housing a fire spirit?” He thumbs over his shoulder, at an oblivious Kami who is trying to decipher a medical textbook until the corner of it magically catches fire and she rushes to douse it with a conveniently placed glass of soda, ruining the book in the process.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next