Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

A Thanksgiving Feast (OPEN! Hop Right In! : D)

Postby Thunder » 11/18/2012 11:56 PM

ImageImageImage
(Viridian is in pet form, Glacier is in an anthro form, and Devoc is in human form.)

One of the nice things that came with old age was that you had a lot of time. And Viridian, being a sociable sort, decided that for Thanksgiving, she'd host a lovely feast in a fairly spacious hall in Nabias. She had sent invitations to all her friends, told them to tell their own friends, and even put up flyers advertising the dinner all around town. Hopefully a lot of people would come, and perhaps someone would even contribute a bit of food to the party.

It wasn't that Viridian wasn't a good cook- the food she made was delicious- but for a feast of this size, she couldn't do it all alone. But she did have her helpers. The Arkuhna had found a lovely young Lucain lady by the name of Glacier, who very gladly decided to help Viridian make the meals. Viridian also found a young man named Devoc who put up a bunch of festive decorations all around the hall and aided in the advertising.

The preparations were basically complete at this point, so all the hosts had to do was to wait for guests to show up. They stood around the entrance to the hall, looking to see if anyone was approaching.

"I hope it will be very lively in here," Viridian chuckled. "Thank you both for your hard work."

"No problem, Miss Viridian!" Glacier chirped. "I'm always glad to lend a hand to others, especially if it deals with food!"

"And I'm glad I was of assistance, too," Devoc said, giving the feline a small smile. "I admit I don't like too much noise...but it's Thanksgiving, so people are supposed to come together, right?"

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: A Thanksgiving Feast (OPEN! Hop Right In! : D)

Postby wave3girl » 11/19/2012 1:15 AM

It's the Festive season and good times to be had. The Vegetable mash under arm he walked up the door. With one final check over his list he knocked on the door. Casual blazer and jeans? Check. Carrot and turnip mash? Check.  Smile. "Check", He smirked trying not to look like he was trying too hard.  He tried to open the door and with an excited voice he exclaimed, "Happy Thanksgiving everyone!"

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time.
~Thomas A. Edison~

Zoo Pen | Journal | Wishes
wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 92
Donate

Postby Thunder » 11/23/2012 3:59 PM

(OOC: Man, sorry for the delay, I've been pretty busy lately :<)

No one had expected a guest so early, so when the Lucain walked in, hollering a greeting, Viridian, Devoc, and Glacier all jumped a little.

"Oh goodness!" the Arkuhna gasped, placing a paw to her chest in surprise. "I didn't think anyone would get here so soon!"

"N-neither did I," Devoc stammered, shaking a little from the shock. "Um, w-welcome to the Thanksgiving Feast! No one else is here yet...but please, make yourself at home." He took a deep breath to regain his composure and smiled warmly at the guest.

"Yes, please come right in!" Glacier chirped. "Here, would you like me to take that food for you?" She held out her arms, offering to carry the carrot and turnip mash to the table.

"What might you name be, young man?" Viridian asked. "I'm Viridian, and these are Devoc and Glacier."

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 11/26/2012 8:27 AM

"Here, it's a simple side dish" he smiled trying not to look nervous. "Sorry for bargin in. I thought I was late." Walking to the building he looked at his hosts and noticed a lot of work as put into his event. Looking back at them noticing his own awed silence.
He was trying to explain a little of why he was so early. "I had just planned for the event eariler. My roommate had said it was almost a month ago. I was a little confused. Sorry about all this."
"I'm Saul." he chimed as he put out his right arm to shake, "It's a pleasure to meet you all."
(don't even worry about it. I'm okay with slow paced rps, they seem to follow me since I came back.)

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time.
~Thomas A. Edison~

Zoo Pen | Journal | Wishes
wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 92
Donate