Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Millie's Christmas event (Slots closed, great prizes!)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/14/2012 1:30 AM

.:Merry Christmas!:.

The town square was usually a rather dull place during winter. It was always too cold to go out and spend time at the local bakery or the vendors. But on this particular evening, something special had happened and the square had been transformed from empty and gloomy, to bright and lively. There were lights hanging from every rooftop surrounding the square, and the smell of gingerbread wafted through the many vendors. There were people milling about here and there, some holding mugs of cocoa and chatting animatedly to one another as they fed the geese who called the fountain in the middle a temporary home. Some of them were sitting near a large, roaring fire, recounting stories of Christmases long past, or simply chatting with one another about what they were getting their families in terms of presented.

Off to the side, a small, cheery bakery was open all night, handing out free gingerbread and inviting customers in for more yummy treats. A roasted chestnut vendor was off to one side, offering people warm chestnuts to heat their chilled fingers and fill their bellies. And beside his cart, there was a table set up with free hot cocoa, which would be welcomed after spending the cold night out in the open air, visiting the various attractions. Beside the vendors was a petting zoo, filled with beautiful, winter-time animals, including a very large, very docile reindeer.

A bright, blaring, cheery Christmas tree stood over the entire scene, glowing with Christmas spirit and lights in blue and red and yellow and green. Beneath it sat a multitude of presents, all eagerly waiting to be opened by the participants. Inside each present sat a small token to be given out at the end of the contest, though no one quite knew what the tokens were.

As you enter the square, cheered by the bright lights and atmosphere around you, you’re suddenly aware that you are being watched by what appears to be a small unicorn mare with a Santa hat perched precariously on her head. She’s holding a tray of warm, gingerbread cookies on her back, a feat that isn't as easy as it looks. “Merry Christmas!” she greets kindly, angling her body so you can take a cookie from the tray.

“And welcome to the annual Christmas Festival! I’m so glad you could make it!” She seems to notice your confusion at being addressed by a seemingly random horse, and quickly clarifies. “Oh, I’m the event organizer! My name is Twilight, and I decided to host this little shindig myself this year." She pointed over towards the cottage-looking bakery. “That’s my friend’s bakery, over there. Myself and a few others are giving away some lovely Christmas presents this year too. But you have to work for them!”

At the face you pull, she only smiles. “Come now, what’s Christmas without a bit of fun, huh? Nothing good in life is ever truly free, after all.” She smiles secretly. “And I have a few helpers hidden around here too. You may run into them if you look hard enough.” She makes a shooing motion with her head, waving you off with a bright grin. The little Santa hat she wears on her head nearly falls off as she bounces excitedly.

“Go on, go on! Have fun!”

------

Rules:

READ ALL THE RULES BEFORE POSTING

1: There may be no more than five entrants at a time.

2: Each entrant has should make as many posts as possible in a THREE (3) DAY period. That means from the time you post, claiming an open slot, to the very end of your three days, make as many posts as you can.

3: Quality over quantity can sometimes help; five sentence posts will be worth a lot less than posts that have more effort put into them. Don’t just go for a BUNCH of posts~ Try doing some actualy Rping and have fun!

4: The distance from number 1 does NOT influence your pet rarity.

5: Everyone will win something. I will tell you the prizes are as follows; Lucain, paragon, custom pets, and up to three special event pets. There are fifteen prizes total, so what you get might be really rare.

6: All participants begin in Area 1, the Bonfire.

7: One of my helpers may appear randomly to give you a little boost in your RP, or even offer you a chance at a BIG present. So be on the lookout for my posts; they may not be often, but they might appear once in a while.

8: PLEASE add your move count to the end of your posts so I know how far along you are/how many posts you‘ve made. Thanks!.

9: You do not have to wait for me to accept you to begin; just have at it!

10: There is no limit to how many characters you can bring in to RP; just keep up with them.

11: You can interact with other participants; this is encouraged, as it makes it more fun!

12: Have fun, and address any questions here. Thanks!

(You can find the larger version here.)

Areas

Number 1, The Bonfire: Here you’ll find a large, cheerfully glowing bonfire. An older man is keeping it going, throwing a chunk of wood on it every now and again. It roars merrily, and around it, sitting on large logs, are different townspeople. They share stories of Christmases past, and of presents they’ll receive. You notice a large stack of wood, and something moving behind it? What could that be? As you look even more closely, you see an empty log waiting for someone to sit on it off to the side near the woodpile. Hm, maybe sitting for a few minutes and enjoying the fire wouldn’t be a bad idea, huh?

Number 2, the Christmas Tree: The tree is large. Far larger than any you’ve ever seen. How’d they manage to drag this here? A few children are standing around the tree, ‘ooing’ and ‘ahhhing’ over the pretty lights and ornaments. Below the tree sit boxes and boxes of presents (but not that familiar one you’re searching for, of course; that would be too easy). This tree could easily house a small army, and as you stare at it, you see something moving in the branches. Wait a minute…what?

Number 3, The Bakery: Here is Ceinwen’s bakery. The lights glow merrily inside, and as you glance through the window, you see a small crowd of people lining up for sweets. Two women are behind the counter, handing out treats that range from cookies to massive cakes to bite-sized candies. The smell is lovely, and you decided that maybe taking a peek inside won’t hurt. There are rows and rows of different treats everywhere you look, and lots of interesting places to explore. And…whoa, wait a sec. Did something just disappear behind the counter?

Number 4, The Petting Zoo: here is the petting zoo. They have a variety of animals, including baby Yingshee, an Ursice cub, a Mocha Piccu, a baby Torken, some Sahound puppies, and most spectacularly of all, an actual, real live, reindeer! They’re all housed in a cozy looking portable barn, strewn with soft, warm hay and blankets for the little ones. You see some children cuddle up with the puppies, and decide that maybe you could buy one of those feed packets that the proprietor of the petting zoo was selling and feed some of the babies. And you might even find something interesting hidden among the hay in the barn. Who knows?

Number 5, Roasted Chestnut Stand: A small, humble looking stand with warm chestnuts and a few extra tables laying about for people to sit and enjoy their food. There even seems to be a can to hold a warming fire. You’re welcome to grab some of those lovely roasted chestnuts and warm your hands, or take a load off and enjoy the scenery. Maybe take a look around the stand and the people hanging about; you might find what you’re looking for here.

Number 6, Hot Chocolate Bar: This has to be the second best stop so far, bar the bakery. Free hot chocolate? Thank you very much! There is a long table with rows of cups for you to grab a drink, and a hot chocolate dispenser at the far end. Plates of cookies and goodies line the table as well, covered from the elements by a large tent. You might want to grab a cup before it’s all gone, and take a seat before everyone decides to take them first. But wait…did something just run around the back of the tent? What’s with all those shadows? How odd…

Number 7, The Fountain: The fountain should be frozen over this time of year, but not this time. It’s been chopped open and a water heater installed to keep the few geese paddling about in it warm. They seem content as they honk at you, as if asking for food. A woman stands beside the fountain, handing out a slice of bread to anyone who wants one for the geese. The two benches on the outside of the fountain look somewhat uncomfortable, but maybe if you take a closer look, you’ll discover something of interest here. Who knows?

-Available Slots-

1. Toxicshadow
2. Haunting-ur-nightmares
3. Jobiehanna
4. Carlie
5. Azura Rayume

END DATE:
This event will run until all the pets have been given out (15 total).

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Millie's Christmas event (5 slots open, great prizes!)

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/14/2012 2:02 AM

Image Image

"I-I don't know about this," a shy little girl, likely no more than eight years old, with honey blonde curls, stammered. She walked hand-in-hand through the square with a young man barring a set of feline ears and a fluffy feline tail. He was a little on the short side, and wore an eye patch over his right eye. Though, despite his unusual appearance, he smiled down at the little girl as she released his hand only to cling tightly onto his arm. "Now, now, Alice, you can't stay in hiding forever."

"But... but..." Honestly, the little girl had no idea about what to make of the small, purple unicorn that seemed to be offering cookies to everyone. Part of her, like any little girl, wanted to run over and hug it, but another part of her thought it to be very strange. "I just don't know, Chessie..."

"You can wait right here then, if you want," he decided after a moment of deliberation. "But you can't go anywhere."

Rather than being left alone, even if Chessie would only be a few yards away, Alice decided that she would brave meeting the strange unicorn. "N-no, I'll go with you."

When the two approached and were greeted by Twilight, Cheshire bowed his head slightly. "Hello. My name is Cheshire, and this is Alice." He looked down at the girl who was still clinging onto his arm for just a moment, before his gaze returned to the unicorn. "We would like to participate in the event, if you would let us. Some of our friends may be joining us, however."

With a little nudge from her guardian, Alice stepped forward to take one of the cookies offered, muttering an adorable, "Thank you" to Twilight before scurrying right back to his side and firmly planting herself there.

[1]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/14/2012 4:06 AM

Before even being granted an answer from the hostess of the event, Alice had already began tugging on Cheshire's shirt and waving frantically toward the giant tree with colorful, glowing thingies on it. She almost dropped her cookie in the process, but, thankfully, she didn't. Which was great, because the last thing anyone needed was a crying little girl. "Chessie, let's go over there. It looks neat!"

Cheshire didn't even get the chance to explain to the girl that it wasn't polite just to walk off without hearing the hostess' reply before little Alice was already pulling him toward their destination. He didn't have the heart to stop her. "Just look at it!" She marveled once they were much closer to it, her eyes bouncing around from ornament to light to ornament. "It's so, so pretty!"

"You've never seen a Christmas tree before, Alice?" The man ventured to ask, to which the little girl responded by shaking her head. "Nope. My family didn't really celebrate Christmas," she explained. "What do you do for Christmas? Do people really put out cookies on Christmas Eve, so a big man in a red suit can break into your house in the middle of the night and eat them all up?"

[2, Christmas Tree

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/14/2012 4:38 AM

Image Image

"Brrr!" Row rushed over to the bonfire and shivered, trying to warm herself up. Her teeth chattered loudly as her skin covered with goose pimples. "It's.. so.. c-c-cold..." She was barely able to make out with her jaw jumping up and down.
"Well you should have worn better clothing, idiot." Sighed the NCR Ranger.
"I.. didn't know.. it was going to be... this cold.." She gave a shivery reply. "Even J-J-Jacobstown isn't this c-c-cold..."
He growled loudly, showing his dislike for the whole subject. "Idiot. Just stay here and warm up, I'll get us registered."
He rolled his eyes and walked up to the old man keeping the fire alive.
"Are you the one we go to see for participating? If so, my friend and I would like to if there is still room for us." He crossed his arms over his dirty trench coat, looking back to see his friend huddling closer to the fire. "Hey! Don't get too close or else you'll end up like Knight, all burnt up and rotten fleshy like."
She scoffed loudly. "Even I know that ghoulification only happens with radiation dummy." She stuck her tongue out at him before turning back to the fire.
"Also," he said turning back to the man, "is there any way you got something I could borrow to cover my friend? She really isn't dressed for the occasion."

(Post 1 Bonfire)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: Millie's Christmas event (3 slots open, great prizes!)

Postby jobiehanna » 12/14/2012 11:51 AM

ImageImage

The two young women were excited to be here, although one was more than the other. Kandi, the one with the red santa hat and red and white hair, was pulling the other along. She kept talking about how exciting it was to be involved in another Christmas event, because she had had so much fun the last years. But Jasmine, who was snuggled up inside a big, poofy black coat could only shiver and nod.

"Aw, come on Jazz, cheer up a bit," Kandi told her friend. "We'll warm up soon enough, there's a bonfire around here somewhere," she added with a little giggle. Suddenly she points, her face flushed with excitement, "See, I told you!" She tugs her friend's sleeve, leading her toward the empty log. "And look, there's room enough for two."

With a sigh, Jasmine complies to Kandi's wishes. "I know, but I'd much rather be home, baking cookies in my warm apartment," she said with a sideways glance at the fire. She had never been one for going out in the cold, but Kandi had convinced her to go out, at least for a little while.

Kandi sighed, pulling Jasmine to sit on the log beside her. "We'll get warm enough sitting by this fire," she said. "Just look how big it is," she added with a giggle.

{Post 1: at the Bonfire}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/14/2012 12:52 PM

Aurora was grinning as she walked through the town square. This was so exciting! She loved Christmas time, and this was the perfect way to spend it. As she approached everything, she stopped to admire all the bright lights and decorations. Everything smelled so good too! She fit in perfectly, wearing a headband with reindeer antlers on it, all covered in small red and green bells.

As she entered the square, she was approached by the unicorn who organized the event. She listened to her talk about everything, becoming even more excited. "Thank you!" she said cheerfully, once she had been given her instructions. With that done, she walked up to the bonfire. It was so nice over here, with the heat from the fire keeping her warm. It seemed like the perfect place to start!

{Post: 1. At the bonfire.}

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2012 1:30 PM

Gwen huddled down on one of the logs by the fire, shivering despite the warmth of the blaze and muff, hat, and coat she had purchased for the occasion. It did not help that she had bought them for looks rather than functionality. Still, something lined with this much faux fur should have trapped a bit more heat than it seemed to be doing.

"I'm miserable!" she wailed before returning to her shaking. "Can't we just go home?"

"No, we still have to find Archer." Damian had assumed his Lucain form, his pelt of blue and dark gold catching the firelight. "He wandered off again. Probably looking for something he can shoot at or a way to get away from people. If we don't find him, father will be furious." In truth, Archer was only a year or so younger than the pair, but he certainly acted like more of a child.

Damian made to walk away, but his gaze trained on his sister, and he heaved a heavy sigh. "Look, I know it's cold, but you'd be a lot warmer like this."

The princess huffed, "I don't want to today. I wanted to wear something pretty and go out; it's not my fault no one knows how to make a proper coat nowadays." Her fashion sense could hardly be measured by her fur colors, as she had no hand in choosing those, so she had naturally rejected that form in favor of a less than adequate fake coat.

Her brother rolled his eyes. "Fine. Whatever. We're leaving your nice little spot by the fire though, so you might want to reconsider."

[Post 1 - The Bonfire]

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2012 1:59 PM

Flustered and a bit irritated, Gwen relented. She didn't want to be left here with strangers while one brother went off in search of the other, but she also didn't want to freeze out in the snow. She had a feeling that, should she leave the fireside, such a thing might actually be possible. Aldrect's winters were never this cold, and she could not fathom why Nabias had decided to be freezing and her brother run off all in one day.

"W-wait up!" she called before taking a moment to concentrate on herself. After a moment of squinting, a fizzle, pop, and flash of light, she had shifted. She hopped off the log, landing on blue toed paws, and started after Damian at a trot, keeping just enough dignity in her hurry that no one would think her just some commoner.

The prince had stopped a few feet away, watching his sister all the while. Gwen certainly knew how to be dramatic in everything she did, but he was glad she had finally taken his advice. "See? Told you it would be warmer."

"What? How would you-"

"You stopped shivering."

She leaned into his side with a dull thump. "Shut it." She hated to admit it, but he was right. This fur was much better at its job than the one she had bought, and it wasn't like she was unattractive in this state either. "Let's just find Archer and get out of here."

[Post 2 - The Bonfire]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/14/2012 2:31 PM

Aurora began eating her gingerbread cooking, and moved a bit closer to the fire. It felt so warm and relaxing that it made her hesitant to leave this area. She couldn't just stay by the fire the whole time, there was so much more to do and see! She knew this, but it was taking time for her to actually talk herself into leaving the bonfire. She climbed onto one of the empty log benches. A few more minutes here wouldn't hurt, she'd sit here until she finished eating her cookie.

In what seemed like no time, she had finished the gingerbread, and it was time for her to move on. But where to go next? She looked all around her, to try and decide. The first thing that caught her eye was a gigantic Christmas tree. It was much larger than any she had ever seen, and it was decorated with so many pretty lights and ornaments. That would be her next stop, she decided.

{Post: 2. At the bonfire.}

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2012 3:11 PM

"You know what?" Damian sounded a bit brighter than before, most likely because he got his sister up and moving. She glanced up at him for a moment, but quickly went back to watching where she was going. "They're having a little event here that we could participate in."

"What? No! Why would you ever think of that?" Gwen gave a slight growl and continued moving, occasionally looking around for the still-missing Archer. "We don't really have time for something like that. We have to find that scatterbrain of a brother of ours and get home before someone finds out we let him out of our sights!"

Damian grinned at his sister, giving her a playful nudge. "Oh, come on. It'll be fun."

"No."

"We can still look for him while we're at it. And since it's a hunt for some little red boxes, we might come across one along the way."

"Still no."

"You haven't gotten father anything for the holidays yet, have you?"

"No. Well. Okay, no. But what does that have to do with your foolishness?"

Damian picked up the pace, his paws carrying him toward the hot chocolate bar. "Absolutely nothing. Anyway, you can't really object since I already signed us up! Ooh, free cocoa."

The prince took off in a sprint towards the warmth of the tent and safety of witnesses so his sister didn't find a way to kill him before they got home, Gwen close on his heels and yelling the whole way.

[Post 3 - Moving to area 6]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/14/2012 3:44 PM

The old man didn't seem to answer him, and he decided to leave it at that. Walking back over, he yanked his companion away from the fire before she lost more of her hair.
"Why the heck are we here again?" He growled.
Looking around he could see others beginning to flock around, and it made him uneasy.
"You mean you don't know?" She asked, looking at him confused.
"Obviously not." He said dryly, rolling his eyes slightly and crossing his arms.
"Don't you know what time of the year it is?" She sounded like he should know this.
"Somewhere in December? Why does it matter?" He started to look impatient.
"It's getting close to Chrismtas." She said in a tone that sounded like he should know this.
"Christ-what?" He tilted his head.
She sighed, looking to the fire. "Mobius has told me stories about it. It's a time of year where the past use to get all together and exchange gifts... or something. It's suppose to be a special time of the year."
"Sounds like a pain to me. I'd rather just be alone." He started to walk off.
"Oh come on, just give it a chance." She chased after him. "Here, why don't we go get some hot chocolate, I'm sure that'll change your mind." She grabbed the arm of his coat and began to drag him off.

(Post 2 Bonfire, headed to Hot Chocolate Bar)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2012 5:46 PM

"Damian, I'm serious!" Though the idea of hot chocolate was a pleasant one, Gwen would have much rather taken such a break after they found Archer and were on their way home. She would have greatly preferred if she could find such refreshment in the castle kitchens, made fresh from real chocolate and real milk with whipped cream and a drizzle of cherry on top. Again, none of this should happen until after they were successful in finding their brother.

Damian, however, had other plans in mind. "Oh, I know you're 'serious,'" he said in a mocking tone. "That's why I want you to try this with me. You need to liven up." He gave a light chuckle and trotted into the tent.

Gwen scowled as she followed after him. "Liven up. I'll liven you up."

"Yes, yes, my darling sister. I believe you will. Before you do that, would you mind picking out a table? I'll pick us up some refreshments and ask a few questions about Archer. Well, Archer and those boxes, of course." He still planned to make full use of this time and kill two birds with the proverbial stone. For now, though, he could tell a cup of cocoa and plate of cookies was calling his name.

He parted ways from his sister, leaving her to her appointed task and her feelings about it. He headed to the large table strewn with all kinds of goodies and delights. Though this seemed to be a self-serve operation, he wouldn't want to be rude. As he gathered up a tray, two cups, and two plates, he gave the people running the stand a smile before addressing them. "You wouldn't happen to have seen a young Lucain, looks like he could be related to myself or my sister over there, come through, would you? Or perhaps you've managed to spy one of those elusive boxes everyone's looking for out here?"

[Post 4 - Hot Chocolate Bar]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Millie's Christmas event (Slots closed, great prizes!)

Postby jobiehanna » 12/15/2012 1:01 AM

The pair continued to sit on the bench, Jasmine with her hands shoved in her pockets and chin tucked into her scarf. She sat on the edge of the bench, as close as she could get to the bonfire.

On the other hand Kandi was watching the people around her, eavesdropping on the conversations. The stories she heard were interesting, and mostly positive or funny. At a particularly funny one about a guy getting his tongue stuck on a pole, Kandi found herself giggling again.

Jasmine shot a sharp glance toward Kandi, raising an eyebrow in question. Kandi quickly explained what she had heard, and Jasmine couldn't help but crack a smile.

"There you go, a smile!" Kandi exclaimed with another chuckle. "I'm sure you're gonna have fun," she added happily. "You'rrrre noooo scroooooooge," Kandi said in a sing-song voice with a playful nudge.

At last, Jasmine laughed, a sparkle in her eye.

{Post 2: The Bonfire}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/15/2012 1:15 AM

Jasmine leans closer to the fire, feeling the warmth on her face. If she could just stay here, that would be good. She closes her eyes, forgetting about the cold for a while.

But soon she hears a sigh, and then Kandi stands up. "We've been sitting here long enough," she says with a little bit of a whine to her voice, and then a giggle. "It's been like, ten minutes, aren't you warm enough yet?"

Jasmine shakes her head no, keeping her eyes closed to the heat. "I can never be warm enough," she says with a smile.

Kandi rolls her eyes, pulling on her friends jacket again. "Come on, I wanna get some cookies and see that tree closer," she says impatiently. Kandi points in the direction of the tree to get her point across.

Jasmine follows Kandi's finger with her eyes, seeing the large tree for the first time. "Well, I guess I wouldn't mind looking at it closer," she says slowly. But then adds, a little more quickly, "And I am kinda hungry..."

With a clap of her hands, Kandi sets off toward the tree, with Jasmine close behind her.

{Post 3: The Bonfire, on the way to the Christmas Tree}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2012 4:34 AM

Cheshire chuckled awkwardly with Alice's question, rubbing the back of his head. How could explain that one? "Uh, that's not quite it... Yes, people do put our milk and cookies on Christmas Eve, but they leave them out for Santa Clause. He is a big man in a red suit, but he's not bad, he just comes in to leave everyone special presents and moves onto the next house."

The little girl seemed to mull over the man's explanation, nibbling on her own cookie all the while. "Okay... But how does he get inside the houses? Does he break and enter through the windows or something?"

"No, no. He's a magical sort of fellow, so he is capable of shrinking himself down or turning himself into sparkly powder to jump down chimneys or slide under doors."

"Oh, that makes perfect sense!" Alice decided, giving a nod of approval. "Oh, but how does it get all around the world in one night?"

"You're full of questions, aren't you?" Cheshire seemed amused, his tail flicking back and forth. The amount of wonder a child could have was unbelievable. "Santa has a team of magical flying reindeer that pull him in a sleigh. These reindeer can fly unimaginably fast, even at the speed of light itself."

"Ooooh. This Santa Claus person sounds quite amazing."

[3]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next