Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Millie's Christmas event (Slots closed, great prizes!)

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2012 8:48 AM

After asking all of her Santa Claus related questions, little Alice went back to staring at the pretty Christmas tree. Another question was bubbling up inside her, but, for the time being, she decided not to voice it in favor of giving her caretaker a short rest. Cheshire was a great sort of fellow, she thought, but he was by no means her father or anything of that sort. When she wandered into the company of a woman named Toxic, not remembering where she had come from or how she had even ended up on that doorstep of hers, Alice had promptly attached herself to the young man. Well, he had been a unusual kitty cat at the time, but she later learned that he could take on a form similar to her own. He said that it came in handy if just the two of them went out, because he could protect her and take care of much more easily with being larger than a kitty and having two hands.

She had successfully consumed every last crumb of her cookie before bringing up another question. "Chessie, why don't we have a Christmas tree at home?"

"Miss Toxic said that she wanted to wait until the weekend, so everyone can go out together to chop down a fresh Christmas tree. Up until then, nearly everyone has been busy, so I believe she was putting it off," Cheshire explained, glad that she had given him a short breather before asking again. He never did mind her questions, but he was growing used to things still.

"Do we get to decorate it, too? With lights and sparkly-looking orbs?" Alice's own eyes sparkled with marvelous excitement.

"Indeed, we do, Alice."

[4]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2834
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2012 9:06 AM

The girl smiled cheerfully, delighted with the news that she would get to help decorate a Christmas tree for their home. She was trying to imagine just what it would look like, but her young, creative mind just couldn't settle on one single appearance. They were all so amazing, how was she supposed to choose? "Chessie, do you have a favorite color?" Maybe if she heard his answer, it would help her decision making.

"I don't really have one," the man replied, after giving his answer some thought. "Though, I suppose out of the colors you often see at Christmas, that my favorite would be red."

"Red?" Alice asked for a confirmation, just to make sure.

"Yes, red. And it's also not too bad for Halloween."

"You told me before that Halloween is your favorite holiday, right?"

Despite asking another question, the little girl became distracted before her companion had the time to answer, sniffing at the air like a pup.  A mixture of sweet scents filled her nose. "Ooooh, Chessie, something smells yummy! Can we go see what it is?" Once more, she grabbed onto the man's hand, though she started hopping up and down and pointing toward a bakery that didn't seem all that far away from them. "It's coming from over there!"

[5]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/15/2012 12:00 PM

Aurora stood near the tree, admiring it. It was so giant, it must have taken ages to decorate. She was too distracted by the tree to really remember how cold she was just a few minutes ago. "It's so pretty..."

But not long after she had got to the tree, she started to smell something cooking near her. It smelled sweet, like maybe a cake. Looking around her for the source of the smell, she realized that she was near the bakery. Maybe she should stop there next! She immediately began to walk in its direction.

When she arrived, the doors were already open, and the smell coming out of the bakery instantly made her hungry. She walked inside, looking at all the rows of food. It was much more than she would have guessed.

{Post: 3. The Bakery}

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/15/2012 12:07 PM

Aurora had never been in a bakery like this. The only ones she had seen were much smaller...and didn't smell this good either. She decided that she had to try something. Having this many choices made her very indecisive, but she finally decided on something that sounded good. She walked up to the counter, and asked for the cupcake she had seen. She handed them some money, and got her cupcake.

She began to eat her cupcake as she walked out of the bakery. She was having a lot of fun at this event, and was really starting to wish it could happen more than once a year.

{Post: 4. In the bakery.}

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/15/2012 12:50 PM

A quick conversation over the preparation of hot chocolate revealed nothing of interest on either subject, which should have been expected. Damian knew that the people here were probably instructed against letting out the secret of the box locations whether they knew or not, and Archer was so good at hiding from people, he might have been in and gone without anyone knowing. Why his father had allowed that boy so much time in the woods escaped the prince; his brother was a prince, too, and one with aspirations of joining the Round Table at that. Why did he get to goof off and talk to trees while his siblings were inside getting lessons on swordsmanship and etiquette?

By the time he found his way to the table his sister had chosen, a sensible little table for two close to a heat source, the smile had already returned to his face, though it was hard to make such an expression with a tray of cookies and drinks in his mouth. He slid the tray onto the table and took the seat opposite Gwen, proclaiming loudly, "There we go! Gingersnaps, chocolate chip, and sugar cookies with a side of finely prepared cocoa, all for my beautiful sister."

Gwen snuffed at him. "You're just playing the suck-up because you dragged me into this stupid box hunt." She reached gingerly for the mug he had brought for her, highly doubting the "finely prepared" claim but grateful for the warmth the beverage offered. She glanced it over- that sly devil of a brother had even remembered the cherry on the whipped cream- then took a sip. "Oh, it is good," she said, pleasantly surprised.

Damian winked at her. "The cookies aren't half bad either. You should have one." He knew for a fact that gingersnaps were one of her greatest weaknesses and have every intention of visiting that bakery a bit late to acquire some more. He would have felt terrible if he had taken all of the ones from here, but that place was equipped to produce replacements for anything he took.

[Post 5 - Hot Chocolate Bar]

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1042
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/15/2012 1:02 PM

"Hot chocolate?" He asked as he was dragged along.
"Yeah, it's like powdered chocolate in hot water, with marshmallows!" She replied excitedly.
"Gah, sounds terrible." He gagged, pulling his self away from her just as they approached the bar.
She grabbed two cups and handed one to him, sipping hers slowly. He took it and began to blow on the steam that rose from it as he looked around. All of this was just so... different to him. He was use to the gloomy look that everything at home had. Here this stuff was all bright and happy. He felt out of his element.
"So, what's all this Christmas about again?" He asked, turning back to her to see her waving a hand in front of her open mouth, an expression of pain on her face. "Dang it Row, blow on it first you idiot!" He growled.
"But I couldn't wait." She whined, starting to breath like a dog with her tongue sticking out.
"Gah, you're such a kid." He growled again, rolling his eyes.
He slowly brought the cup to his lips and took a sip, surprised by the actual good taste the brown liquid had. Nothing like any of the rations he had back at base. It tasted really rich and smooth.
"Wow, this is really good." He said, looking to her.
"See I told you." She said in a "ha I was right" tone.

(Post 3 - Hot Chocolate Bar)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/15/2012 1:12 PM

"Wanna go to the Christmas Tree?" She asked once they were finished with their drink.
"The wha?" He looked to her confused.
"The Christmas Tree, it's a big pine tree that you decorate and put present under." Her face was a large smile, especially at the word presents.
"All of that made no sense and sounded ridiculous." He crossed his arms.
"But it's what you do for Christmas." She said in a slight whine, pouting slightly.
He gave a loud sigh. "Fine, we'll go see this stupid tree then. I still see no point in all of this."
"Then just go with it." She giggled, grabbing his arm and dragging him again. "Ignorance is bliss they say, and I've come to find that it helps most of the time."
"Of course you would believe that." He sighed, allowing her to drag him along.

(Post 4 - Hot Chocolate Bar, headed to the Christmas Tree)

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/15/2012 1:22 PM

He stared up at the large tree, the lights so bright they almost blinded him. He wasn't use to anything like this. The closest thing he had ever seen that came close was maybe some of the flashing lights at the Strip in Vegas, but even they were't as dazzling as this was. Row was joining the children that were eyeballing the presents. She was also 'oohing' and 'aahing' them, her eyes big and shiny.
"Oh, I wanna open one so bad!" She whined, squirming in her spot slightly. "I don't care if it's socks either, I just wanna rip the wrapping paper! What's inside them! I need to know!"
While Row fought with herself to keep from shredding each box, her friend was still looking at the tree. He was lost in all the colors and beauty.
"Hey Lock! Did you hear me!" Row jumped in front of him and waved a hand in his face.
"Wha?..." He slowly snapped back.
"I said I wondered if any of these gifts were for us? Do you think?" She asked, looking even more excited.
"I'm not sure Row, none of them have names. They're probably all for show." He said, looking back to the lights.
"Aw! But what's the point of all this Christmas celebration if no gifts?" She whined, falling to her knees and looking to the gifts like a sad puppy that wasn't going to get a treat.
"Stop being such a baby Row." Lock growled. He looked back up to the three when he thought he saw something move. "Wait.. what?" He began to watch it more intently.

(Post 5 - Christmas Tree)

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/15/2012 1:32 PM

Now, where to go next? Aurora stood outside the bakery, finishing the last of the cupcake that she had just bought. All around her, she heard people talking. In an area not far from her, however, the voices sounded even more excited. "A reindeer!" she heard someone say. Hmm, this could be interesting! She kept looking around until she spotted where the excitement was coming from. She was near the petting zoo! That would be the perfect next stop. She began to walk in its direction, excited to see what types of animals were there.

{Post: 5. At the petting zoo.}

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/15/2012 4:28 PM

While the cocoa made her happy, and warmed her insides a bit as well, the fact that her brother was deliberately taunting her with sweets irked her. "Damian, you know I don't want those," she said, trying to sound as honest as she could. The temptation of those gingersnaps might be a bit too much for her, though, but she was ready to fight against it with everything she had. That wasn't much, mind you, but it was enough to get her to speak again. "We really should get going. Archer's still out there somewhere, and we need to find him before he finds a way into the woods."

"He'll be fine, you know," Damian chided. "And I know there's only one way to break you out of this little slump you've gotten yourself into." He pushed a snap towards her with one paw, smirking all the while.

Gwen felt a blush rise to her cheeks under her fur. "No."

"Yes."

"Nope."

"Come on!"

"No!"

"You know you want to."

"Fine!" She snatched up the sweet, gently nibbling along one side. While the cookie was good, certainly as good as the chocolate, she didn't like that smug victory face Damian had going. "There. I ate something. Can we go now?"

Damian simply rolled his eyes at her. "If you feel that we must," he sighed, "but I'm taking these cookies with me. And the mug, too. The lady said they were free, and that we could come by and get more to drink if we wanted."

[Post 6 - Hot Chocolate Bar]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2012 5:59 PM

Cheshire could hardly resist Alice and her boundless energy, unable to tell her "no," when she was this excited. Maybe he would have to ask Toxic some time if letting her have her way most of the time was okay. It wasn't like he let her do anything dangerous or stupid, though, and she did have a lot to learn about the world, since she apparently didn't know. Running around like this, experiencing the world, seemed to be the very best way for her to learn, too.

"Okay, okay," he said, allowing himself to be dragged toward the bakery. Alice, rather than walking as she held Chessie's hand, she continued to hop all the way there.

"What is a place like that called, anyway?" She ventured to ask, not looking back at him, as she was far too interested in their destination.

"A place that sells sweet treats?"

"Yeah."

"Well, places like that can have lots of different names, perhaps a cafe or a candy shop. Though, I think what we're headed to is a bakery. They sell things like pastries, cupcakes, pies, you get the idea." To Cheshire, something like that actually sounded good right about now. Maybe he would order something to take home to everyone.

[6]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/15/2012 6:02 PM

Despite her protestations, Gwen seemed happier once she had had a bit of cookie- which quickly turned into two cookies and a third stuck on her brother's plate for safekeeping- and a bit more cooperative than before. Though she still wished to find Archer and leave, the comments about it were more infrequent, and she had all but stopped complaining about Damian's determination to participate in this silly little present hunt. She still refused to help, but a break from her criticism was always welcome.

Damian wedged the paper plate of cookies between his wingblades, finding that to be a much better method of transport than actively carrying it, downed the last of his hot chocolate, and placed the cup on his back as well. Satisfied that everything was secure, he gave a quick "Thank you" to the people running the stand and made his way out.

Gwen finished off what was left of her cocoa with a bit more decorum than her brother before following after, her mug held in her jaws by the handle. She had wanted to get going, but he was always so straightforward when he started at something; Damian never was one to dawdle. She both liked and hated that about him, since it meant she rarely had time to prepare before he moved on to whatever happened to strike his fancy next.

The prince paused for a moment outside the tent, gaze straying from one thing to another and planning his route. Gwen would be uninterested in chestnuts, saying that she could just get them back home, but the petting zoo was something of a different story. Small animals held a special place in almost every girl's heart, even one as stuck up as his sister.

"Come on, slow poke," he chimed, stepping lightly over the snow towards the small penned area and tow-away barn.

[Post 7 - Moving to area 4]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2012 8:30 PM

Sweeping in undetectable by the pair, a young woman in a blue dress and white apron with a black and red Santa hat sitting on her head announced her presence by taking a hold of little Alice's free hand. "Didn't you two come here for an event, not to wander around aimlessly?" Her voice came out smooth and pleasant.

Alice jumped at first, surprised, but smiled when she looked up to see the older girl, also named Alice. Though they may have shared the very same name, the two didn't look all that much alike, the older Alice having much darker hair and sharper features.  Cheshire was pleasantly surprised, a feline smile coming to his face.  "It is nice of you to finally join us, Alice."

"I couldn't very well leave the two of you out here alone," the woman replied, though her eyes narrowed as she eyed the man. "You came here to look for hidden gifts, didn't you? Not to be dragged all over the place and get nothing done." Sometimes Cheshire let Alice walk over him just a little too much.

Cheshire chuckled, tail flicking back and forth. "Yeah, well... We have plenty of time for that, Alice, what's so wrong with letting her learn a little about the holidays?"

Little Alice glanced between the two adults, still holding both of their hands in each of her own. "You two are silly," she interjected, giggling. "But I didn't know that we were looking for something. Why don't we start after we get some treats? That sounds good, doesn't it?"

[7]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2012 9:16 PM

Glancing at one another, the man and woman both nodded and agreed with Alice's proposition. It was reasonable enough for both parties. "That sounds like a fine idea," the older Alice remarked, smiling down at the little girl. They would get to enjoy themselves and then move on to the task at hand. Either way, it was a fun experience.

All together, the three made it the rest of the way toward the bakery, and little Alice was gawking at everyone already inside. The sweet aroma swept into their faces when Cheshire let go of Alice's hand to hold the door open for his companions, causing their mouths to water. "After you~" Cheshire announced, ushering them inside with a wave of his hand.

Inside, Alice and Alice found themselves a place to sit relatively out of the way of all the other guests, while Cheshire volunteered to stand in line. With as long as the line was, it seemed like it was going to take a few minutes before they could even place an order. That left plenty enough time for the girls to decide on what they wanted.

"I think Cheshire wants to get something to take home to everyone," little Alice said, slipping into a chair that the woman pulled out for her at a small table. "He's more considerate than most people think he is."

"Is that so?" Alice seemed amused as she took the seat across from the little girl. "I suppose you must be right then. Even if he enjoys scaring most people, he does have a good heart."

[8, Bakery]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/16/2012 12:05 AM

The smells of the petting zoo were unique among the stalls and vendors, bringing forth the scents of hay and sweetfeed instead of human desired food and drink. The sounds of animals, too, were something new for this area, accompanied by the bell tones of children's laughter.

"Pleasant little place," Damian commented idly, striding up to the side of the fence. Just out of reach, probably tired from a long day of play, lay several young Sahounds, all bunched up in a pile of straw for warmth and sound asleep. Across the way, some children were exploiting their only opportunity all year to come face to face with a real live reindeer. One girl was even attempting to glean a few of Santa's secrets from the beast, who remained dumbly silent in the face of her interrogation.

Gwen huffed at him, her own green gaze following her brother's gold. She would have said something, but the cup in her mouth prevented it. In order to remedy the problem, she came up beside Damian and set her cup beside his, ensuring both that she would be able to hold a conversation and that it would not get lost. "Yes, quaint."

"I'm not your pack mule," Damian said, his voice having lost much of the playfulness of previous talk."Carry your cup yourself."

Gwen smirked back. "Your wingblades are closer together than mine, meaning you are much less likely to lose things than I am. Besides, if I were to carry it, you would insist on taking it eventually." Seeing as how he had no argument to that, she turned her attention back to the thing that interested her here. "I want to pet the reindeer."

[Post 8 - Petting Zoo]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext