Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Millie's Christmas event (Slots closed, great prizes!)

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/16/2012 12:35 AM

The prince was taken aback, just enough to forget about the cup. "You want to..?" It was so unlike his sister to want to do anything like petting random wild animals that he momentarily considered asking her if the aliens had gotten to her while he back was turned.  "You're certain."

Gwen shrugged at him. "Sure. Why not? The children are enjoying it, and it's not like you get to see a real reindeer everyday. Come on." With that, she trotted right over to the woman with the feed bags, received one, and waited patiently for the children to lose interest in the ungulate and move on to a different animal.

Damian was awestruck. His sister was never that polite, that willing to try new things. She was always horrendously picky about everything to the point of idiocy, but now she was showing a side he hadn't seen since they were children. This was the sister that used to push him in the mud when their father showed a greater liking for him than her, the one who liked to play tricks on him, even if they were a bit mean spirited. Why couldn't she be like this every day? It would be a lot easier to get along with her if she were.

"It's a bloody Christmas miracle," he said to himself with a low laugh, following her at a slower pace. If she wanted to pet the deer, he was not going to stop her in any respect. He also didn't want to miss out on it.

[Post 9 - Petting Zoo]

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/16/2012 1:02 AM

It took several minutes of waiting in line and looking over the menu not once, not twice, but a total of three times before Cheshire was next in line to order from the bakery. "Alice, Alice!" He called, waving over the two, while a few other guests nearby looked strangely at him, especially when they both replied with a, "Yes, Chessie?" at the very same time after reaching him. "Do you two have any idea what you want?" His gaze shifted between the two of them.

"I would like a slice of strawberry short cake," the older Alice replied, while the younger Alice jumped in afterward saying, "And I would like one of those cupcakes that's all brown with the funny horn-like thingies." They, too, had spent their time mulling over the various selections on the menu.

"So one slice of strawberry shortcake and a reindeer cupcake?" Cheshire repeated it, mostly to himself. "Sounds good."

"Hello. How may I help you?" Someone behind the counter called, leading the young man to part with his companions. "Oh, yes, I'd like  to place an order." He rattled off their requests, as well as his own. For himself, he had selected a triangular browning on a lollipop stick that was decorated with frosting and candy buttons to resemble a Christmas tree. "And I'd like to get an order of five apple pies, if that's possible. I'd like to pick them up later in the evening, of course."

[9]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2849
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/16/2012 1:18 AM

Though it was a fairly big order, Cheshire was informed that it was a reasonable request, as long as he was willing to wait for the pies to be prepared. Once again, he assured them that he didn't mind the wait. As he exchanged his keystones with the cashier, another thought came to mind, "Oh, can you tell me anything about the surprise gifts we're supposed to be looking for? I've heard there may even be one somewhere around here." Who said that he couldn't work a little on the event while still relaxing?

Sadly, though, the cashier had turned him down, saying that they didn't know anything about it that could be all that helpful. Though, he held his suspicions that she just wasn't telling him anything, and probably not anyone else either.

When he was finished with his order, he returned to the table that his companions had picked up, bringing over a third chair from a neighboring table so that he could join them. "It will be a few minutes, but I'll be called over when its ready. Have you two thought of a game plan?"

"I think there is a petting zoo around here," the older Alice said.

"And I would like to go there," there younger Alice chimed in. "Alice said that she thinks there might be a reindeer there, and it would be really awesome to see a reindeer!"

[10]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/16/2012 1:39 AM

The pair reached the Christmas tree within minutes. As they look up at all the lights and ornaments, Jasmine lets out a big sigh. "We really should get a tree soon," she says with a small smile.

Kandi laughs, nudging Jasmine in the arm. "If you weren't so caught up with baking, we could have already have one," she says. At this, Jasmine sends a glare Kandi's way. "What? I'm just kidding," Kandi says with a shrug.

Jasmine rolls her eyes. "I'm serious, maybe we should pick one up on the way home."

"Yes," Kandi says enthusiastically, her eyes shining happily. "But let's not worry about that now, you're hungry, remember?" Jasmine nods, allowing Kandi to lead her to their next stop, the bakery.

{Post 4: The Christmas Tree; going to bakery}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/16/2012 1:57 AM

"I thought that we were going to focus on the task for the event after this?" Cheshire was confused at the older Alice's change of heart. "Not that I mind..."

"We can still look for the gifts while we're there," little Alice reasoned. "Aren't the gifts we're looking for supposed to be hidden everywhere? That must mean there, too." It was at times like these that little Alice seemed more learned than almost everyone thought she was. She was able to make deductions, understand many different concepts and knew how to work out various problems. In that aspect, she was a very clever little girl. However, then there were simple things, that people often expected one to know by her age, that she just didn't know. If she was told, she would remember it from the very first time hearing it, but no one had figured out just what happened to her.

"That sounds like a fine plan, as long as you agree," Cheshire decided, looking at his older companion. As long as the older Alice was around, they were a unit that took care of little Alice. Decisions about her were made together, much like a real family, even though Cheshire and Alice certainly were not a couple, and Alice certainly was not their child.

"It is fine by me. I was the one that suggested it."

"Yay!" Little Alice cheered, clapping her hands together excitedly.

[11]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/16/2012 2:02 AM

Once Kandi and Jasmine reach the bakery, they shuffle inside. At once, Jasmine heaves a great sigh. "It's so much warmer in here," she exclaims, unzipping her large coat about half way. She glances around at the rows and rows of sweets, trying to decide where to go first.

Kandi just shakes her head and moves to go through the aisles. "I'll meet you at the counter," she calls out to Jasmine loudly. She begins to snake her way through the shop. She grabs Christmas Candy and cookies, loading up with as much as she could.

Jasmine only nodded, a soft sigh escaping her lips. She goes about the store more slowly, only grabbing her most favorite treats. By the time the pair reached the counter, Jasmine had but a few things, among them being gingerbread men and candy canes.

"That's all you got?" Kandi asked with surprise as they began their wait.

Jasmine laughed, "Well, yeah, I could never eat that much," she says, nodding to the pile of treats Kandi had.

"Well, I'm not going to eat them all," Kandi says with a giggle. "I do have friends you know."

Jasmine shakes her head. "Oooooh, okayyyy," she says with her eye brows raised. "Whatever you say..."

Kandi laughs, the pile teetering dangerously. "You better believe it," she says with a wink.

{Post 5: At the Bakery}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/16/2012 9:40 AM

"Lock!" Row growled, grabbing his arm and shaking him slightly.
"What!" He shouted back, his face turning away from the tree again. He was starting to get really annoyed from her.
"I said I don't wanna stay here." She whined. "All the presents is making me anxious."
"Get over it you big baby." He said loudly, yanking his arm away from her.
"Why do you have to be so mean all the time?" She said with a slight sniffle.
He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Cause you're acting like a child. You're how old?"
"22..."
"Yeah, so why don't you get up and start acting like it?" He glared at her, then turned away sighing again. "I just think all of this is for the kids. Why are we still here?"
"Cause, it's fun." She replied, kicking at some snow.
"I don't see any fun in it. Anyway, I don't have time for fun, I have to get back to my post." He growled, looking at the tree again. "I'm sure Knight is wondering where I am."
"Oh Knight can take watch without you. Come on, lighten up for once Lock. You NCR people are always so up tight. Like you all got your heads up Kimballs rear, gotta make sure he don't notice you do anything out of the ordinary." She rolled her eyes.
"Hey, don't you say a word about the President." He pointed a finger to her.
"What? I just said you got your--"
"Not. Another. Word." He glared.
"Fine. Fine." She walked back over to the presents.
He turned and stared at the tree again, it was the only thing that he really liked here. Everything else was just boring or over rated. But this, this was special, he could feel it.

(Post 6 - Christmas Tree)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/16/2012 2:34 PM

The children eventually went on their way, helped along by a stirring little Torken and cold fingers, leaving the waiting princess with access to the creature she was after. She was nervous, if only a little; she had not seen one of these beasts since she was a small girl. It's just like a horse, she told herself. Probably doesn't bite as hard as a horse, though. She rocked back on her haunches, grasped the feed bag between her paws, and pulled it open with her teeth, offering the contained sweetfeed to the deer.

Damian sat back and watched, still not sure what had caused this sudden change in his sister. While he was happy for her, going out and experiencing new things and all, he was left to wonder exactly why. Was this the power of gingersnaps and Christmastime? Whatever it was, he wanted to know if there was a way to recreate it at home.

After a moment's hesitation, the caribou stretched out its neck and forced its muzzle into the proffered bag. Gwen let out a small giggle, her tails wagging in excitement. She wasn't usually one to get this caught up in an activity, but there was something about that reindeer that brought out the kid in her. She reached forward gingerly with one paw, and the ungulate allowed her to pat its nose, the give it a friendly scratch behind the ear.

Her brother found his way beside her, his movements drawing only a quick glance from the deer. "I think he likes you," he commented, giving her a soft smile.

[Post 10 - Petting Zoo]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/16/2012 3:46 PM

"Yeah, I think he does." She might have acknowledged Damian's presence, but he eyes were locked on the reindeer. He was quite the beautiful animal, and he seemed happy, too, despite being in such a small pen for something of his size. Perhaps he enjoyed the attention and had a much larger space in which to roam when he went home. That would be good.

The deer lifted its head, leaving the empty bag behind it. The creature looked to her expectantly as if she were supposed to refill it by magic so he could continue munching. "I'm sorry, but I don't have any more," she said, feeling a tab bit bad for him.

"It's just as well," her brother said quietly. "We had better go find Archer. It's getting late, and if we don't find him by dark, we probably never will." He didn't want to steal her away from her new friend, but they did have other obligations to attend to. "Perhaps, should we find him soon, we can come back, and you can introduce him?"

Gwen breathed a soft sigh. "Alright," she said, "if we must." She turned her attention back to the caribou. It stretched forward to sniff her, and she returned the gesture, her nose barely touching the tip of its muzzle. "I'll try to come by again, but I suppose this is good-by. For now, at least."

[Post 11 - Petting Zoo]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/16/2012 5:11 PM

Damian paused for a moment, trying to figure out which way to go best. Now that he was committed to finding Archer, he felt it necessary to forgo the side trip to the bakery for now. Even if he couldn't find some time to go there and purchase some more of those cookies, he would make an effort to locate a place to get more later, perhaps even on the way home.

His golden gaze locked onto the gigantic Christmas tree. That was where his brother would have gone; at least, that was where he would have wound up eventually. Why they hadn't started there, well, he wouldn't be telling Gwen that. Things had come together all too well for that. Archer was probably hiding over by that tree somewhere. That, he would bet his life on.

"Come on," he said brightly. "I think I found his hiding place." The male trotted away into the snow, heading right past the fountain to the pile of presents under the boughs.

Gwen blinked at him, then followed at a faster pace. "Wait! Where is he? I don't see him anywhere."

"Oh, you will," he replied with a light chuckle. "Clever boy, hiding in plain sight like that."

[Post 12 - Moving to are 2]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/16/2012 5:31 PM

The conversation among the three was cut short when the young man heard, "Cheshire, your order is ready!" from the direction of the counter. His ear twitched and turned to see one of the employees waving him over. "I'll be right back," he informed the two, before retrieving their order with a, "Thank you, Miss." It required some minor juggling to carry a plate of cake, a cupcake and a brownie on a stick, but Cheshire managed flawlessly. One wouldn't expect that he rarely used this form, thus his hands, from how he handled it.

"Here you are, miladies." He set the proper sweets in front of each Alice, before resuming his position in his own seat, to which they both replied with a, "thank you." Cheshire's expression told them that it was no problem at all. He did have manners, even if he didn't always exactly use them.

While the older Alice had already taken the first bite of her strawberry shortcake, exclaiming that the cake, strawberry and whipped cream were just in perfect amounts and tasted quite good, little Alice was still staring at her untouched cupcake.

"Is anything wrong, Alice dear?" The young woman questioned her.

"I just can't decide which part to eat first," the little girl explained. "It looks so yummy, but do I eat the horn things first or the nose? Or do I just take a bite?"

Both of the adults chuckled, not to make fun of Alice, but her confusion was adorable. "Sweetie, you can eat it however you want," the older Alice said. Cheshire agreed, "There is no wrong way or right way to eat such a cupcake."

[12]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/16/2012 9:49 PM

"You know what, screw it, I'm opening one of these gifts." Row growled, snapping Lock away from the tree again.
"What? No." He turned to see her spinning a box around in her arms. "Hey, put that down."
He marched over to her, a finger constantly motioning for her to put the present down. She only replied by sticking out her tongue and running around to the back of the tree.
"Make me!" She giggled.
"This isn't a game Row." Lock growled, chasing after her.
"I'm opening one of these dang things, and that's that." She stated, stomping her foot down.
"There's no point to it Row, I bet it's just empty, just for decoration." He shrugged. "So just put it back."
She slowly backed away from him, looking almost like a rabid animal. He couldn't believe how this was making her.
"If it's that much to you then I'll buy you a present later. Just put it down." He negotiated with her. He couldn't believe he actually had to.
"But I want one now." She whined.
"Row, grow up and just put it down." He shouted.
She frowned, he was always so harsh. "Fine..." She whined and threw the present underneath the tree again, crossing her arms and pouting.

(Post 7 - Christmas Tree)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/16/2012 10:40 PM

The colored lights of the tree cast bright splashes of hues on Gwen's coat, the tones swirling and dashing from her body to the snow and back with each movement. Here and there, people were taking the opportunity to exchange some gifts early, and one pair was apparently fighting with the boxes under the tree, while children ran between the evergreen and the bakery for snacks to watch the lights with.

It occurred to her that the tree was very close to where they had begun; the bonfire near the entrance was much closer to the tree than the hot chocolate place or even the distance between the petting zoo and here. "You're certain this is where we'll find him?" she asked, sounding a bit suspicious of her brother's plan.

"Sure I'm sure." Damian seemed to be growing more and more confident in that assertion as they had come over. "Why? Don't you trust me?"

"No, I mean... It's just... What is that supposed to mean anyway?"

"Just come on, will you? You'll find out in a minute."

[Post 13 - Christmas Tree]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/16/2012 11:11 PM

Aurora didn't take long to get to the petting zoo. She walked up, looking into the barn at the animals. So far, all she saw were animals that were familiar to her. Still, she loved seeing them. They were so adorable! Then, she noticed something different- the reindeer! She had never seen one of these in person before, really only heard about them in stories. This was so much fun! She quickly walked up to it, and then hesitated a bit as she got closer to it. Seeing that it appeared friendly, she walked right up to it. She held out a paw for a second, and when it lowered its head a bit, she pet its nose.

She spent a few more minutes in the petting zoo with the other animals, but the reindeer was by far the one she found most interesting. She began to get ready to decide where to go next.

{Post: 6. At the petting zoo.}

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/16/2012 11:19 PM

The petting zoo was a lot of fun, but Aurora decided that she should probably go walk around a bit more. It wasn't going to be all that much longer until she headed home, and she still had a few things left to see.

She had been getting a bit hungry, so maybe it was a good time to find a snack. She left the petting zoo, and began to wander around again. She walked slowly, admiring the decorations as she passed them. This whole place was so much fun, she really didn't want to leave. Then again, it was getting very cold. She decided that she would go see a few more things before she headed back, although it probably wouldn't be much longer.

She began to smell something good, and tried to follow where it was coming from. Whatever it was, it smelled delicious. Then she placed the scent- it was the roasting chestnut stand! This was perfect.

{Post: 7. At the roasted chestnut stand.}

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

PreviousNext