Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Millie's Christmas event (Slots closed, great prizes!)

Postby Carlie » 12/16/2012 11:27 PM

Aurora walked up to the small stand, and saw that they were offering some chestnuts. It was relatively warmer over here than the rest of the place, so she decided to take a few. After doing so, she walked over to one of the empty tables and sat down. This would be a nice place to sit down and relax for a few minutes.

As she sat, she thought about what else she had left to do here. She knew that nearby was a hot chocolate stand. She would probably head there next. Then, she had heard that they warmed up the fountain for the occasion. So she could go get some hot chocolate, and sit by the fountain for a bit. This sounded like the perfect plan.

{Post: 8. At the roasted chestnut stand.}

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/17/2012 12:58 AM

Damian was positively beaming by the time he reached the base of the tree. The fact that she hadn't figured it out yet was quite amusing for him despite the fact that she was going to be angry with both of her brothers in a moment. He was just glad that they had managed to get her to actually have a good time for once without thinking she had to be all prim and proper for the entire time.

"You can come out now," he called up to the branches, drawing a few looks from the crowd. A moment later, the creak of bending boughs responded to him, quickly followed by the thud of heavy boots in snow.

"Hey, sis." Archer gave her a wink. "You miss me?" He was much more suited than either of the others to assume his human form in this weather, having taken the time to find thick, heavy boots and a fur lined leather coat long enough to cover him from neck to ankles. He didn't have the attitude of someone who hadn't wanted to be found; instead, he seemed downright happy to see his siblings.

Gwen glanced from one brother to the other, gears in her mind grinding to the conclusion. "You set this up!" she yelled, instantly down from her moment of elation with the reindeer and into anger. Her eyes locked on Damian. "You led me around on this wild goose chase, making me think he'd gone off and disappeared on us." Emerald gaze switched to Archer. "And you just sat up there and let him do it! For all I know, you helped him plan this. It could have even been your idea!"

[Post 14 - Christmas Tree]

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1042
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/17/2012 9:49 AM

The pair waited in line, Jasmine rather impatiently and Kandi not so much. The latter of the pair was watching the people go about the shop, wondering what they were doing for Christmas. She was always interested in what others were doing for the holidays, after all.

The line moved forward, and before they knew it they were paying for their purchases. They didn't say much to each other, but rather just paid and left. "Where do you wanna go next?" Kandi asked her friend, who was looking around the area.

"Well, I don't know, it took a while in there," Jasmine said, letting her voice trail off.

With a chuckle, Kandi shook her head. "You don't want to leave, do you?" She asked in a teasing voice.

Jasmine looked at her friend sheepishly. "Well, I am a little tired, and it's really cold out here..." With another shake of her head, Kandi nodded the direction they had come from. "And I have more cookies to bake," Jasmine added. Kandi had a look of disappointment on her face, however. "I guess a few more minutes wouldn't hurt," Jasmine said with a sigh.

Kandi's face immediately had a smile on it. "Alright, let's go, we need to see as many places as we can in a few minutes," she exclaimed, tugging her friend along.

{Post 6: The Bakery}

((Probably my last post then.  :oops: ))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/17/2012 12:07 PM

Aurora then decided to head over to the hot chocolate stand. She was starting to feel even colder, so that would be perfect. She quickly walked in its direction, and before long, she was there. She grabbed one of the cups sitting on the table, and walked down to the other end to fill it up. They had some cookies set out too, so she took one. She began to drink the hot chocolate and quickly ate the cookie. Then, she decided to start walking towards the fountain. She was about ready to leave, so that would be a good place to end the day.

{Post: 9. At the hot chocolate stand.}

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/17/2012 12:16 PM

It didn't take Aurora long to get to the fountain. She still had most of her hot chocolate left, so she stood near the fountain drinking it. It was very cold, however, the geese in the fountain seemed perfectly content. She watched them for a few minutes, as she finished her drink. There was a trash can nearby, so she walked over to it to threw out the empty styrofoam cup. The warmth from it was gone quickly, and she decided that now would be a good time to leave.

{Post: 10. At the hot chocolate stand.}

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/17/2012 12:46 PM

Archer took a step forward, setting a hand on his sister's canine head and refusing to draw back even after she snapped at him. He knew she wouldn't bite; she was too proud for that. "Yeah, alright," he admitted, one corner of his mouth pulling up into a smirk, "we planned it. We planned for you to have a good time. And you did, didn't you?" He had been watching from the tree the entire time, and, from what he had seen, she had done little but have fun since she shifted to her Lucain skin.

"Well... I..." Gwen stammered, trying to find a way to stay mad at the two of them. "I was worried about you!" That was really the only complaint she could find, seeing as how the rest of the afternoon had been a pleasant one.

"Yeah, and now that you know I'm safe and sound, you should be happy to see me."

Damian felt the need to chime in. "Besides, didn't you have a friend you wanted to introduce him to?" It might be in the best interest of tact to change the subject a bit, just to keep Archer from getting too snarky and Gwen from biting his head off.

The princess shook off her brother's hand. "Well, yes. Though I'm not sure he deserves to meet him now, I suppose I did promise to come by before we left." She turned round and began to pad away, giving a slight motion for him to follow. He obeyed her beckon, supposing he had given her enough grief for one day, after shooting his brother a quick wink.

Once they were a good few feet away, Damian started on his way toward the bakery. "Great. And while you two do that, I'm going to get some more of those cookies. Archer, you should see her with a gingersnap!" With that, he bolted for the door, disappearing inside before his sister could do anything.

Archer let out a bright laugh while Gwen spun to face the bakery. "What?!" she shouted, annoyed. "No! Damian!"

[Post 15 - End (I seriously can't write for this any more. Thanks for the event though! :D)]

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1042
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/17/2012 1:05 PM

Lock ran a gloved hand through his hair, sighing deeply. "Well, if that's it, then I guess we should just go home."
He turned to Row, who grumbled but climbed to her feet.
"Yeah... I was hoping to get a gift." She complained softly.
Lock shook his head and patted her softly on the back. "How's about on the way home we stop and I'll get you one of those Dino dolls?"
She smiled slightly. "Yeah, that sounds cool."
She giggled as the two began walking away from the tree. Lock turning one last time to look at it. He would never forget the way it look, he swore it.
"Hey come on Lock, lets get out of here!" Row called after him.
He turned back to her and smiled. "Yeah, lets."

(Post 8 - End, not sure if this one will count, but it's my leaving post)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items