Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

.::This Hallowed Night::. [P: M: G,L,V]

Postby Middy » 01/08/2013 6:02 PM

She had become bored, ever since she took up the job of being a Reaper she found her life to be dull. Same thing over and over... dress code, strict rules, not being allowed to shed blood... she grew tired of it. She sat perched on one of the buildings, leaning against her scythe and yawning. Camilla had considered looking for her siblings, but after that night involving Rosaline and Azazel she couldn't find the heart to show herself to them. Her half brother despised what she had become, and her sister well-- she took to hiding herself in the theater watching the same plays and operas over and over. Her other two half-sisters were nowhere to be seen, but she had an idea as to where they were.

Her whole family was like this, dysfunctional...

Camilla wanted to change this, and change this boring life of hers. Her impulses for wanting blood-shed were almost overwhelming her now, she had killed before. Often, and she had yet to get in trouble with her superiors. She was almost like her 'mother' in that sense actually. The difference with her was that she kept some of the souls to herself, not to eat them... that was beneath her. She merely collected them, loving the way the souls danced around her before being sucked into the pendant she wore around her neck.

Watching the ground below her was becoming dull, where was everyone? Usually the streets were teeming with night life by now. Namely prostitutes and the men who were taking them home or to some dark corner of the city. Those women of ill repute had become some of her favorite people to kill, but she wanted to move away from that. She wanted to go after more well known folks of this city, cause a rise from the townsfolk while she hid in the shadows unknown to them.

Finally she saw some movement below her, a woman wandering at night with a bright crimson umbrella her hair and dress soaked from the rain. She licked her lips and jumped down behind her, looking her up and down-- thinking of all the ways to draw blood from her frail frame. Although... something seemed so familiar about her. Quickly the woman turned her head and stared right at her with large eyes and a sharp smile.

It was Rosaline, her estranged and demented sister. Camilla sighed, lowering her scythe in disappointment. The bigger question was... what was she doing out of her hovel?

"Evening Camilla, I wasn't expecting to see you out here~"

It was then that she noticed her sister had her Death Scythe disguised as the umbrella. Clever. Camilla looked at her own Scythe, a chainsaw reminiscent of her 'mother's'. Not so easily disguised like the giant pair of shears her sister concealed.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: .::This Hallowed Night::. [P: M: G,L,V]

Postby Middy » 01/09/2013 1:35 AM

#BF0000

"Rosaline, what are you doing out of your little theater? Shouldn't you be back there watching Romeo & Juliet or whatever it is you do?"

Rosaline folded her umbrella, clicking the handle so that it formed back into the giant pair of gardening shears. Camilla watched her carefully for her sister could be quite unpredictable when it came to her having her Scythe out in full view. "No silly! I don't stay there all the time, a girl needs to get out once in awhile you know," she gave the scissors a snap and made them vanish into thin air before running towards Camilla with open arms and embracing her tightly.

Camilla wasn't impressed, she pushed her sister away with a low growl to warn her. Rosaline huffed and stepped away. "You are going to get in trouble being out here! Unless you are out here to reap souls or help me do my job then I suggest you return. Now."

"Are you kidding me!?" Rosaline made her shears materialize once again and snapped them, casting a glare at the woman in front of her. "I'm fine on my own! Why do you have to be sooo overprotective!?"

Camilla jumped back knowing she was in the danger zone... again. Why must she constantly walk on eggshells around this woman? "Look... I worry about you sis."

Rosaline stopped, bowing her head down, "I know... sorry for being so aggressive again.."

"It's fine, it's just in your nature to be. Given what we are a hybrid of, it's only natural," Camilla gave a reassuring smile before holding her hand out, "So how about doing some old fashioned soul hunting with me?" deep in her mind she knew Rosaline never broke the rules of being a Reaper, she never killed humans, only Demons-- and even that bothered her. They were both half Demon, half Reaper after-all. She never expected her to help kill someone, but she didn't seem to mind getting hit with blood spatter either.

"I will come along, but no making me get my hands dirty okay? Unlike you I like my job, and I want to have a clean slate. Maybe... I can become a legendary Reaper someday!" Rosaline giggled and spun around, Camilla being careful to dart out of the way of the oncoming shears.

The girl had a big dream that was for sure, she admired the current legend already but being a hybrid reaching that status would be much harder than it would be for the average Reaper. "Well... I never said you have to participate, just be some good company okay? Just be glad we are unseen by mortals."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/09/2013 9:23 PM

#650d07

The two sisters weren't alone in the city streets that night, for the most violent and cruel sibling was close-by. Azazel had been watching them from the shadows, making sure he remained unseen by the both of them. He had hated the both of them for taking up such a life of being Reapers, only him and Lilith had chosen to go with their demonic nature and abuse it to its fullest. Azazel was more for killing opponents who stood a fighting chance, Angels, other Demons, and if he was lucky, Reapers. The latter was one of the hardest the kill since a Reaper could not be killed by normal means. In fact, there was really only one way to kill them -- using a Death Scythe, and he preferred to use their own against them.

He wasn't ready to attack his sisters just yet, one Reaper was enough to deal with but two? He wouldn't risk it just yet, he knew how dangerous their Scythes were and since his sisters carried Demon blood as well then the danger was increased. Azazel crept closer to them, listening in on their conversation closely. It seemed like Camilla was planning to murder some fool and steal their soul for her 'collection'. What a waste... such an amount of souls could sustain him for years. Still he would trail them. See if they would become vulnerable at any point in time then--- he would strike. Maybe he could take one out at least and if he needed to, he would mortally wound the other before fleeing.

#af467c

"Again with stalking our sisters Azazel? I thought you have grown out of your feud, or is that day still fresh in your mind?"

"Go away Lilith, this doesn't concern you."

Lilith sidled up closer to her brother, quirking an eyebrow as she looked down at her sisters. All of them were here now, except for their lost sister, Hecate. "Funny, the whole family is here except for our beloved lost sister. How charming."

Azazel growled moving away from her, shielding his view of Lilith with a feathered wing. "The Ghouls took her..."

"She is looking for us you know, how sad would it be to find out her own brother turned on two of his siblings because of some blind hatred?"

He remained silent, what would Lilith know about anything? "If you aren't with me, then you are against me. Choose your next words carefully"

"You know I don't choose sides, brother, but for now I will follow you. In our hierarchy we stick together," Lilith dug her claws into one of Azazel's wings, digging in just enough to draw blood-- grinning when she heard him growl in pain. This was to prove that she held power over him as the older sibling. Azazel shot her a look of defiance before it melted away into submission.

"Lilith... you do remember how all of this started right?" he looked her straight in the eyes, his pupils shrinking into a slit.

"Of course brother, it was because of our sister being taken from us, and the family splitting into two sides. Reapers and Demons, despite our bloodline being the same. I'm all for continuing this, if it brings more hatred and bloodshed."

Finally she was on the same page, stubborn woman... but something was bothering him. What if Hecate was to really return to them? What side would she choose, and would her decision tip the scales in their favor, or the others? She could be neutral or worse... siding with the Ghouls.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/20/2013 4:36 PM

ImageImage
(Grimm is making a cameo appearance)

"But she said that one of my siblings would be in this area, why are you denying that?" Hecate turned away from her superior. There was no way that corbine could have misled her, she was the guardian of lost souls right? After that night in the graveyard, she had kept to her words. She said she had saw a woman by the name of Lilith that fit the description of one of her sisters.

"There are reasons my dear."

"Right you always say that, Legendary Reaper or not you have no right hiding things from me. Things I deserve to know!" Hecate began to leave when Grimm grabbed her shoulder, stopping her dead in her tracks.

"You know I won't tell ya the whole story, but you should know that your family is at war with one another," he let her go, leaving Hecate in stunned silence before continuing, "You should also know that it is because of you, Hecate. Do you have any idea what they would do if they saw you?"

This is the kind of thing she was afraid to hear, but she had a feeling it would come down to this. "I...I know. It was because I was taken away to the Ghoul Realm, I'm cursed... I know that. I-I just... maybe I can fix this."

Grimm shook his head with a sigh. "With your heritage, they will make you pick a side. Choosing one or the other will only result in one side being killed. Hecate, this isn't some small decision this---"

"I know that! I know this is probably the biggest decision of my life! I... I don't want to pick a side I just... I want them to live in peace with each other. Why... why did they start this feud? It isn't worth shedding the blood we all share. I.."

"You can always be neutral. Be on neither side but understand both, perhaps this is the wisest choice," Grimm smirked at her, walking beside her to ruffle her hair which Hecate in turn growled at. She was still very much a Demon as well as a Reaper. These children were so conflicted, but the fact that they were fighting did depress him-- to an extent. It was mainly because he knew the parents.

Hecate then remained silent, leaning against Grimm like a child would. He in turn put an arm around her with a sigh, "Grimm... I've made my decision."

She would go down there herself, make herself known to her siblings. It had to be done, it had to if-- she wanted to stop the fighting. She would have to thank the Legend for this, he had been somewhat of a father to her-- but this was something she had to do alone.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate