Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

An Unexpected Crash and a Crazed Scientist (Jed and I) [M]

Postby Kitsumi » 05/24/2013 8:22 PM

Navvos "Krypton" Ione
Human form: click

Why was it that everything strange that happened to him happened right after he got off work? Perhaps Navvos should just call it quits and get a job as a farmer or some stupid, boring, tough life such as that. It was bad enough that he had attacked that girl in the lab a little while ago - he had actually had a crush on her, and then suddenly he came to his senses and was on top of her, with a scalpel!

But why the hell did everything always happen after work?

At least this time it wasn't a woman. Oh, no, this time it was just a fiery ball of destruction heading straight for them. Just a fiery ball of destruction. Heh, right. Navvos hoped that it would steer clear of the town and head towards the outskirts where few, if any, people would be milling about. He should have just headed home, and fast. He should have just gone back to his apartment, eaten a dinner, and enjoyed what could have been his last night if this meteor or whatever the hell it was landed on him.

But was that what he did? Nope. Because he was too damned curious. Every time something bad happened, it was like he was drawn to it. So now, he found himself wandering around trying to follow the damned thing, even though it would most likely kill him.

Curiosity killed the cat? Well, it was about to kill the idiot scientist as well.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7189
Donate

Re: An Unexpected Crash and a Crazed Scientist (Jed and I) [

Postby Jedi » 05/24/2013 9:15 PM

ImageImage
Norr Yullura & Desmond "Des" Barcall
Human Form: Click Human Form: Click

"Dammit Des! I leave you alone for five minutes and you do this?" Norr said, rushing to the controls of the shuttle. "It's not my fault. That stupid droid led us through a black-hole, or something." "That stupid droid was piloting us safely back to Tattooine. Besides, you didn't have to throw him out the airlock!" They were falling faster and faster as their shuttle broke through the atmosphere. "He deserved it. You know I don't trust droids." Des said with a coy smile. Norr grabbed him by the collar and shoved him into the co-pilots chair. "Strap in. Maybe we can survive the crash."

The ship raced faster and faster as it approached the open ocean. "There, on the starboard side," Des said, pointing his finger at a nearby island. "It'll have to do. We need to land soon, we're almost out of fuel." The ship banked right coming up to the mass of earth. "Careful Norr! We don't want to hit those forests, unless you prefer a fiery grave." Norr responded "Well we don't want to crash into those buildings either. Just calm down." "How can I calm down when the engines are bursting trying to fight gravity?!" Norr pulled hard to the right. "Hang on. This is gonna get a little bumpy." The ship plummeted into the ground, sending up a shower of dirt and flames. "Bumpy? I've seen better landings from a blind Hutt." Norr unfastened his seat restraints. "Lets get out of here before this rust-bucket explodes."

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 05/24/2013 11:43 PM

He'd lost it. Goddamn it, he'd taken his eyes off of the thing - closer up, it had looked nothing like a meteor - and suddenly it was gone, disappeared in the treeline. Navvos waited to see if it would reappear, but realized it wasn't going to. He turned to head back, when he heard an odd sound off in the distance. Turning back, his eyes widened in horror and curiosity as he realized that the falling thing was some sort of gigantic metal device...and that it was falling straight towards him!

Okay, so maybe it wasn't falling straight towards him. But it was still too close for comfort, and Navvos walked (or ran, but he would never admit it) back several paces. Content in his safety, he watched as the thing crashed, spewing dirt, grass and rock everywhere. There was the harsh sound of metal tearing, and then silence. Navvos waited, unsure of what to do.

Should he head towards it? Maybe he should go back and inform someone in authority of what had happened. But then what would happen? They would rope off the area, keep all citizens away until they figured everything out, and then they'd clean up the mess. If Navvos wanted to sate his curiosity, he'd have to do it now. He took a few tentative steps forward, but then paused again. What if...what if it wasn't just a huge metal object? What if there was something else...something inside it? There was some sort of door, he saw, and it looked as if people were meant to go in and out.

Standing as close as he dared, he waited to see if something was going to happen.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 05/25/2013 12:06 AM

Getting his seat restraints off was easy, but it seemed that Des was having trouble removing his. "The kriffing steering controls have me pinned. How about some help?" Norr removed the lightsaber from his belt, ignited the sapphire blade, swiftly freed Des from the control sticks pressing his legs and turned to grab some quick emergency supplies. "We've gotta get moving, Des. Quit fooling around." Des promptly tossed the handles off his lap and spun out of his chair, only to find the door inaccessible. "How are we gonna get past that?" Norr fixed his gaze on the communications console, which had been rooted from the ground and slammed against the door during the crash, effectively cutting off their only escape route. "Great, Des! I told you to weld that to the ground before we left!" Des replied "Do I have to do everything-"

"Forget it." Norr said, cutting him off mid-sentence. "I'll get it myself." He then lifted his hand towards the door, and slowly, but surely, the console rose from the ground. As he moved his hand away from the doors direction, the machine moved away as well, allowing them to escape. "Happy now," Norr said. "I dunno. That force thing you do still kinda creeps me out." The promptly exited the vehicle, running as fast as they could, and jumped to the ground, barely avoiding the oncoming explosion. The small shuttle burst out with orange flames and blue surges of energy, shaking the leaves off of the trees twenty meters away. "Well that didn't go as planned." Des said, and then turned his attention to a stranger standing before them. Des then commented "And who are you?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 05/25/2013 12:35 AM

To his surprise, after about ten or so minutes of waiting, the door opened and two men walked out! One appeared albino, although he couldn't be sure from this distance. They seemed to be moving in Navvos' direction at full speed, and Navvos soon learned why as the metal thing behind them exploded in a raging inferno. Navvos enjoyed bonfires, sure, but this wasn't the sort of thing he was prepared to deal with!

His heart rate began accelerating, and he came dangerously close to hyperventilating. "It's a dream," he told himself. "I'm obviously dreaming. I must have fallen asleep at work; my boss is gonna be pissed. Metal things don't just fall out of the sky, spit out two men, and then explode!" In his craze to assure himself that it was a dream, Navvos pulled out his ID card. It was on a cord that allowed it to be worn around his neck, but also had a pin in case Navvos decided to wear it on his shirt, or if the cord should break. Releasing the pin part from it's metal confines, he jabbed himself in the arm...and promptly cursed as he felt pain and a single pin-prick of blood escaped.

Damnit. He wasn't dreaming. This was real. It was terrifying, and confusing, mind-bending, unbelievable, unexplainable, impossible, improbable, and it was real!

In his state of shock, Navvos hadn't noticed that the two men had drawn closer to him. One of them, not the seemingly albino one, spoke, and Navvos laughed - not a normal laugh, mind you, but a slightly crazed laugh of disbelief - at his question. "Who am I? Kid, I should be asking you the same damned thing! You're the one who crashed your crazy...what the hell is that thing, anyways?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 05/25/2013 1:10 AM

He had to hurry. They both had to. If they didn't clear the distance, they'd be barbequed slowly killing them. It was only a matter of time before their transport detonated. Norr was running as fast as he could, but he couldn't keep up with Des. Trying to use the force, especially this early in his training, had drained him of the energy needed to keep up. He found himself a meter behind Des. Then two. Then three. Just as the ship blew up, Norr was sent a good two meters as he jumped to the grass.

The ringing in his ears was splitting his sanity in two, the heat from the explosion caused several beads of sweat to roll down his forehead and the image of the instant flames burned his pupils. The shuttle was as good as gone and, if he had been a few meters closer, he would be too. "Now how are we going to leave this planet" Norr thought. The ringing in his ear began to clear and he could barely make out the sound of someone speaking. He looked up to see the figure of Des slowly standing up and another man next to him. He heard Des say "And who are you?" The man replied "Who am I? Kid, I should be asking you the same damned thing!" seemingly avoiding the question."You're the one who crashed your crazy...what the hell is that thing, anyways?" Norr slowly stood up and cut Des off before he could reply, stating "That was our shuttle. And it looks like we'll need to find another one if we want to return home. Where are we anyways?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 05/27/2013 3:13 PM

Navvos shook his head incredulously. "You think you're gonna find something like that," he pointed to the 'shuttle' or whatever they had called it. "Here? Well, you're gonna be disappointed. No one around here has stuff like that. Where the hell did you get it, anyways?"

It was a huge mass of questions, apparently - Navvos asking some, and them asking some. The least he could do was try to answer theirs. "You're on the outskirts of Nabias, in Barakka. You must be from Lambastia or something. Everyone around here knows about Nabias. We're the best, not to mention only, place to get supplies around here before wandering around the desert."

Taking the time to look them up and down, Navvos raised one eyebrow. "The clothing trends in Lambastia are unlike any that I've ever seen. I didn't think that things were so different over there." He suddenly paused and looked at the two men desperately. "You are from Lambastia, right?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 05/29/2013 3:25 AM

"I'm not sure where Lambastia is, but I can easily show you where we are from," Norr said before studdying the darkening sky. He then pointed towards the sky saying "You see those two stars that are right next to each other? Those are sun's that orbit each other. Orbiting the one on the left is a small planet called Tattooine. That is our home. It's a never-ending desert with lots off mining and spaceport communities spread across its surface. That was where we were heading before my friend crashed us here." Norr then shot a glance at his co-pilot as he replied "You crashed that tin can, Norr. I was just trying to help." "If you had just let the droid be, we would be halfway home by now," Norr countered. A great headache slowly had been taking over his mind that now became too much for him to hide. Norr fell over clasping the sides of his head. Darkens feel over him as he collapsed into unconsciousness.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 05/29/2013 9:42 PM

"Tat...Tatoow...Tattooweenie?" Navvos couldn't quite pronounce the word, so he just stopped trying. "Listen, kid, I have no idea what kinda joke you're playing at, but it ain't funny. You could have seriously injured people with that thing." He shook his head. "Spaceports? Shuttles? None of that stuff exists. There's only one planet that matters - this one. Evelon. Any thing else out there hasn't been studied."

He would have continued his lecture, had the pale-skinned man - Navvos by now realized that with those blue eyes, this boy couldn't be albino - collapsed. Navvos was unable to catch him, but he quickly knelt by his side and checked for a pulse. "Pulse is strong, he doesn't seem to have any injuries. Must be exhaustion or stress or something." Quickly looking at the other boy, he added, "Well? Come help me get him back to Nabias. You're lucky that we have the best hospital in all of Evelon. They'll make sure that your friend is fine, and probably give you a check-up as well to make sure there's no hidden trauma."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 05/29/2013 10:12 PM

Where was this place he woke up in? Everything was white. His coat, shirt, trousers and boots were set on a chair against the wall. On his body, they'd been replaced by a white gown of some sort. He saw no one around his bed, and felt compelled to call his friends name. "Des? You there?" He saw him walking around the corner along with the man from before and two doctors. "Hey, look who's finally woken up," Des exclaimed. "You know how long you kept me waiting?" Norr smiled. "It's good to know you care, Des." "It's good to have you back," Des replied. "Norr, this is Navvos. He brought you here from the crash." Norr gave Navvos nod. "Thank you. Now about our shuttle..."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 05/30/2013 5:05 PM

When the patient - Norr, as Des had told Navvos - finally woke up, everyone ushered into the hospital room. Navvos himself hung by the door, allowing Norr and Des time to 'catch up' even though Norr had only been out a couple of hours at most. Navvos hadn't bothered asking Des about how they got there. Obviously the two were going to stick to their outrageous story. Navvos was starting to wondered if they actually believed it. Maybe he should have one of the psychiatrists take a look at them and make sure that they were mentally stable.

When Norr thanked him, Navvos nodded. He sighed heavily at the mention of the shuttle, however. "Listen, I already told you. We have nothing like that here, and no parts to replace it. You'll have to go back to wherever you came from to fix it or replace it. Do you have anyone that you can call? I have a cell phone."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 05/30/2013 5:24 PM

Norr saw just how disturbed Navvos was at the mention of the shuttle. He even saw that Des recognized. "I know you'd probably never believe us, so thank you for even trying to help us and not just ruling us off as insane." Norr thought for a second, trying to think of anything that could help. "If this... cell phone... is anything like the galactic telecommunication out we had, they should be-" Norr replied before Des interrupted, saying "I've already looked at it's schematics. It doesn't look like it could reach from Tattooine to Kamino. The wattage is terrible and the range is way inferior. But thanks anyways." Norr contemplated another idea. "Maybe we could build another shuttle. I'm sure we could find adequate supplies. What do you think Navvos?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 05/31/2013 2:58 PM

It was clear that Navvos was unsure how to answer. He wasn't so much offended by their calling the cell phones inferior. So what if they had better technology? Navvos' phone was a piece of crap anyways, and it wasn't like he was attached to a technological device. But the fact that they seemed to have access - or had access - to technology far beyond anything Evelon had seen so far, made Navvos wary. Where were they getting this? Their space story couldn't possibly be true...right?

"I've said it quite a few times, but we have nothing like that here." Navvos started to feel the anger creep up on him, but pushed it down. He wasn't going to black out now, and wake up strangling one of them or holding a bloody scalpel or anything like that. Not this time. Once he had regained control, he added, "But you can stay at my house and I'll make a few calls. I'm a scientist, after all. If anyone has access to the information about the kind of stuff you need, it'll be me. In the meantime, why don't you both let the doctors check you out for signs of post traumatic stress disorder?" Meaning, he wanted to see whether they were just pulling a prank, or truly believed what they were saying...

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/03/2013 6:58 PM

"If it'll shut you up," said Des, rudely answering Navvos' suggestion of further examination. Norr glared in disapproval at Des, letting him know that wasn't an acceptable response. "Sorry. It'd be greatly appreciated," Des appologized, responding to Norr's gaze. "Lead on," he said before they left.

Norr sat on another hospital bed, yet again stripped of his clothes and wearing the plain garments of the patients. His bare feet dangled just out of reach of the floor, due to the tall examination bed. Norr despised the plain black and white checkered linoleum of the hospital floor, but he figured it was worth the mention. Norr didn't like to cause trouble, even over the smallest things. That didn't stop him from often trying to settle disputes by putting himself in the middle of them. The doorknob turned, signalling that someone was coming in. "It seems your vitals are all healed, and in record time." the doctor said, flipping through papers on a clipboard as he walked in the room. "Is that normal?" Norr asked. "Well... your friend, the one with the orange hair, seems to have a concussion, while you seem to be completely healed in as little as six hours." Norr knew it was because of his healing abilities from his natural attunement to the force, but such ideas would only confuse the doctor, so he just responded with "does that mean I can go?" "I don't see why not, but just to be safe, I'm going to recommend Mr. Ione runs some more tests on you." "Who exactly is Mr. Ione again?" "The scientist who you came in with." "Got it, thank you Doctor. I'll go see him now." And with that, Norr walked out of the room and to the lobby where Navvos was waiting for them to finish. "Navvos, the doctor suggested that you run some tests on us," Norr said. Des then walked up behind Norr and threw his arm over his shoulder, saying "Guess that means you're stuck with us."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/03/2013 7:17 PM

As Des responded in a rather less than civil manner, Navvos raised an eyebrow. "You know, I could have just left you two out there. I could be home by now, eating dinner and watching tv instead of sitting at the hospital using my hard-earned keystones to make sure you two are alright. I like to think I'm a nice guy, but if you're going to take all the help I'm offering for granted, don't think I won't leave you out on your asses to fend for yourself." There was that headache, the one that always came right before he blacked out. To keep it from happening, he suddenly bit his tongue - a gesture that neither of the strangers would see - hard enough to draw blood, letting the pain keep him tethered to the world around him. Des was apologizing, and Navvos waved it off. "No, I understand that you're stressed out, and I apologize for your harsh reply. A long day at the lab wasn't really the best preparation for all of this."

Once the examinations were done, Navvos watched as Norr walked back into the lobby. "Of course I'm, as you say, stuck with you." He answered as Des also appeared. "I didn't intend on leaving you without a place to stay, despite my earlier threats. Luckily, scientists are paid pretty well, and I'm still a bachelor. Plenty of room in my house for you guys to stay." He led them out to where his car was waiting, and gestured for them to get in. "It's only about a fifteen minute drive, which is good, because it should be getting dark soon."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next