Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: An Unexpected Crash and a Crazed Scientist (Jed and I) [

Postby Jedi » 08/14/2014 7:32 PM

He chuckled at the irony. "I wasn't always the early riser." He shrugged off the memory. That was a story for another day. "Never mind. Either should be fine." He sat in one of the chairs that Naavos set out, then waited for Des to walk in. Surely enough, Des came in a few seconds later. "What did I miss?" Norr looked at Des, noticing the cluttered mess Des was in. His shoes were unlaced, shirt covered in wrinkles and hair still ruined from sleep. "I'm sure you didn't miss anything, Des. You might want to get ready first, though. I doubt that looks professional here either." Des looked up and down his wardrobe and corrected the faults, even tucking in his shirt. He then took another of the seats. "That sounds like a good idea, Navvos," he said, scooting the seat in.

They enjoyed the breakfast, thanking him for the meal. "What should I know about this town?" Des was curious about this land they've barely interacted with.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/19/2014 7:29 PM

Norr's comment piqued Navvos' curiosity, but he could tell that the other man wasn't exactly ready to tell the story. Whether it was a personal story, or the timing was just wrong, the scientist didn't know. It didn't matter, either - he wouldn't press for information that wasn't freely offered him. "Here, try the blackberry jam. It's really very good, and locally made as well." He took the liberty of spreading the jam onto a piece of break for Norr, and handed it to him.

It was going to be difficult to answer Des's question, but Navvos would try. "Well, this is kind of a smaller town. It's like a 'last stop' before venturing out into the wilderness, so a lot of the people here are vacationing, or stocking up on supplies before some sort of journey. A lot of the people you see are just passing through, so you can't always expect to get directions or assistance from people." He grinned. "But it should be pretty easy to find fresh ingredients should you ever wish to do some shopping."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7169
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/19/2014 10:22 PM

Pete struggled out of bed, fighting the hangover the best he could. The clock read 6:30, just as he'd set it the night before. His attempts to simply ignore the headache wouldn't help, as he knew, so he filled a cup with water from his bathroom sink then popped in an alka-seltzer. As soon as it fizzled out enough, he drank down the bubbly liquid, waiting for it to show some kind of relief. He undressed and hopped out of the shower.

As soon as he was dressed, he grabbed the phone and dialed the number for his friend...

Norr took the toast with a smile. "Thank you, Navvos." He bit into the bread, feeling the crunch of it between his teeth. The taste was magnificent. "This is really good." He could tell the care taken in making it.

Des gave a small chuckle. "Don't worry. We're usually good at finding our way around." Norr added, "and maybe we could cook something for you, for a change. Give you a rest, you know?" Just then, the phone began ringing. Norr reached out, using his technopathic abilities to read the information. "It's Pete Snow," he said. "He wants to know if we're weird." Des couldn't hold in his laughter. "Well, we kind of are, aren't we?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/19/2014 10:42 PM

Feeling pleased and also a bit embarrassed at the praise, Navvos simply waved away the compliments. "It's nothing," he said. "Just a quick and easy breakfast. I can show you how to prepare it if you wish."

Navvos was preparing to respond to the two of them, when his phone rang. Before he even had the chance to answer it, Norr was telling him who it was and why they were calling. Navvos couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, you're certainly weird. Most people can't tell who is calling before answering or at least looking at the caller ID. But I think you're a good kind of weird, and I'll let Pete know."

Before the call could be missed, Navvos answered. "Hey, Pete? Let me guess - you're wondering if the new guy I found for you is weird?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/20/2014 8:01 PM

Pete held the phone to his ear, unknowing what to say as Navvos spoke the words right out of his head. "Uh," he stuttered. "Yeah. I wasn't going to phrase it like that, but yeah." He took a couple of seconds to rethink the conversation, but it had just started so there wasn't anything to remember. Maybe the hangover was affecting him. Why was he even considering asking, since they both knew the answer was yes. "So is he weird?"

Norr and Des looked at each other, then back to the phone. They waited to see what Pete would tell Navvos. "I knew it. He thinks we are weird." Des nodded in agreement.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/20/2014 8:46 PM

Looking back at the two at the table, Navvos tried to hide a smile and made a 'shush' gesture towards them. He held the phone closer to his ear, trying to hear what was being said. "Well, that all depends on how you define 'weird'. If you mean the type of weird that it may affect the quality of their work, then no they aren't weird. But if you mean the kind of weird where they come from some distant universe, crash-landed here after being sucked into a wormhole, and know little to nothing about the way things work around here...well then yeah. He's pretty weird."

Knowing that it was a lot of information, Navvos figured it wasn't the best conversation to have over the phone. "But listen, Pete, I'll be able to explain it all better in person. Heck, Des himself can probably give a better explanation. And don't worry about any weirdness. If you can consider yourself friends with a strange guy like myself, I'm sure you can handle this guy. I'll see you at eleven, alright?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/21/2014 9:08 PM

Pete held the phone, having a very hard time comprehending the words he was hearing. He settled for Navvos' promise of a better explanation in a later time. He was still wildly confused, so much that the hangover grew past what the alka-seltzer helped. Sitting on his bedside, he finished "Alright, I'll see you then," and hung up. He walked downstairs and brewed a cup of coffee, making sure to mix in just the right amount of creamer. He knew he had a long day ahead of him.

"How about that tour?" Des asked as soon as he realized Navvos was done with the phone. He took the empty dishes from the table and was about to set them in the sink, but Norr took them from his hands. "You two go ahead. I'll wash these. Maybe I'll scout out around town. See what I could learn on my own."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/21/2014 9:50 PM

Once the call was finished, Navvos turned to Des. "Sure, let's go on ahead." When Norr took the dishes, Navvos gave him a gentle clap on the back. "Thanks, Norr. I appreciate the willingness to help out. If you happen to get lost, here's my cell phone number." He pulled out one of his cards that the lab had printed out for him, and handed it to the Jedi. "Take this to any business that has a phone inside and they can call me for you and let me know where you are so I can help you get back."

Navvos headed out the door, holding it open for Des to follow. "We'll take the car into the main part of town, and then walk so that you can get the feel of how the town is laid out. Sound alright to you?" He started up the car, waiting for Des to get in and fasten his seatbelt before pulling out onto the road.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/21/2014 10:43 PM

Des followed him, grateful to finally be able to do something. He slid in the passenger seat, then fastened the belt around his chest and stomach. He watched as the buildings sped by. "So how big is this place? This Evelon, I believe you called it." Des looked back at Navvos, wondering what his answer would be.

Norr finished the dishes quickly, then left the house. Hopefully, Navvos had the keys, because he probably locked the doors behind him. Just in case, Des had been good at picking locks back on Tattooine. If memory serves him correctly, he thought he remembered the way to the crash site. So he started walking in the direction in which he thought it was. If nothing else, he had his lightsaber by his side, for protection.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/22/2014 5:56 PM

Of course, Des would be asking the difficult questions. Navvos cleared his throat and fidgeted slightly, embarrassed. "Ah, I was never very good at Geography. I believe that the land included within Evelon includes two continents. Then again, I may be wrong." If any of his colleagues knew that he couldn't answer such an easy question as this, Navvos would never hear the end of it!

To avoid any more questions directed at himself - feeling suddenly insecure about his ability to answer correctly - he turned a similar question to Des. "Where exactly were you from? Before you came through the wormhole, I mean. What was your land like? Did your known world consist of only a single planet, or did people inhabit several different planets?" Navvos' guess would be that they inhabited several planets. After all, the two men had come to Evelon in some sort of spaceship.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/22/2014 6:50 PM

Des thought about his journey with Norr through the galaxy. "Well, Norr and I come from a planet called Tattooine. It's a world covered nothing but scorching desert and dusty sandstone cities. It's one of thousands of civilized planets within our galaxy. And the technology is several millennia beyond anything I've seen here, so far." He scratched his head and began counting quietly. " Tattooine, Mon Gazza, Teth, Nar Shadaa, Milagro..." He thought the rest out in his head. "I think in total, I've seen a little over two dozen planets, but I've only set foot on a quarter of them." He recalled the memory of Taris. "Not all of them exist anymore. We didn't exactly come here during a time of peace. I just hope what we left doesn't follow us."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/23/2014 11:53 PM

If Navvos hadn't been driving, he probably would have been staring at Des in shock. As it were, he simply shot him a surprised glance before redirecting his gaze back to the road. "There are thousands of civilized planets where you come from?" He shook his head in disbelief. "Geez. How do you even keep track of all of them? It seems pretty impossible to me. Unless all of your advanced technology helps with that?"

As he finished speaking, Navvos drove into the center of town. He parked the car in a parking lot not too far from Pete's nightclub, and turned to Des. "Well, hope you're ready to stretch your legs. Oh, and remind me to pick up the Chinese takeout I ordered earlier before we head over to meet with Pete."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/24/2014 12:23 AM

"Well, I don't keep track of the systems," he said. "That's what Navigation Computers are for. You upload the coordinates of different systems in your ships Nav Computer so you can travel there whenever necessary. I won't get into the technical stuff, especially since I don't know them." He gave a slight chuckle, then looked outside the window again. A little ahead of where they stopped, he saw a building ahead. "Is that his club?" he asked, pointing to it. It was named The Pheonix, a nightclub for dancing, rave music and colorful drinks. The building was roughly two stories high and was painted a deep purple with black lights lining the edge of the roof. At night, they made the wall light up as if it were covered in radiation. The orange neon lights were made in the shape of a bird with flames crawling up from the wings in yellow. Under the bird was the title in red lights.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous