Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Chapter 10: Homecoming

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 12:36 AM

Now, here he sat, wishing he knew what he was really supposed to say after all this time. He knew what he wanted to say, but he just wasn't sure how. He cleared his throat, sitting back in his chair and brushing imaginary dust from his uniform. Christ, it was never this hard to talk to her when they were out in the field. But back there, she'd worn the same clothes he had, not the pretty, burgundy dress she now wore. She wasn't just M.J. anymore…she was a woman.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 12:36 AM

"You look…nice," he commented lamely, feeling his cheeks light up with a dark blush. M.J. seemed startled, and unfolded her hands to look down at her dress. She felt her own blush creeping up her neck, and choked down a nervous laugh.

"Oh, um, yeah. Well, it's one of my ma's designs. She wanted me ta wear it, ya know? Says I gotta start dressin' like a girl once in a while." She smoothed down the hem, and fidgeted in her seat. "Uh, so…how's…how's everyone doin'? How's Bill? Um…And how come you haven't gone home yet?"

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 12:37 AM

She was a little afraid to hear the answer; maybe he was just passing through before he went home for good. M.J. didn't know if she could stand to be away from him again. The first time had been hard enough.

"Oh, yeah. Everyone's doin' fine. Bill sends his regards. Says I better 'do right' by you or he'll 'pummel me so hard I won't be able to walk straight for a month,' his words, not mine." He chuckled, his dark eyes flashing with mirth and some other hidden emotion. "Everyone else is doin' fine. They all said to tell you 'hi.'"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

He fell silent for a few moments, pondering her second question, and glanced up at her form beneath dark brows. M.J. fiddled with the hem of her skirt nervously, watching him like a hawk would a rabbit. Joe didn't much feel like a rabbit, but being in her sights didn't make things any less uncomfortable.

"I, uh, I kinda already went home for a while. Had to see my family, ya know? I…I came back here…to see you. I went to your company HQ, and your captain, that German fella, he told me you were discharged, and then gave me your address, which, I think you should talk to him about. Can't go givin' away your address to strange men…But anyway…I came to give this to you, 'cuz I'm tired of waitin'."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

He fished with something in his pocket, and held it out to her, a broad smile on his face. M.J. glanced down at the proffered ring, before a grin split her face from ear to ear. "Well, I'll be, Joseph Toye. You managed to actually hang onto it. I was worried you might lose it. Guess my worries were unfounded."

Joe scowled a bit as he slipped it onto her finger, looking faintly offended. "No way I'd lose this; not in a million years. It's too important…you're too important."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 12:38 AM

M.J. smiled softly, her eyes filling up with tears again. "Damn it, Joe. I've cried a total of four times in my entire life, and here I've done it twice in the past hour. Thank you for coming back, Joe. Now what say we go get this marriage thing over with and start figurin' out the details of our life together? I figure a list is a great place to start, don't you?"

Joe laughed, scooting back his chair and reaching out to drag M.J. from hers, crushing her in a tight embrace. "A list sounds like a good idea. But for the moment, let's just enjoy the here and the now."

M.J. smiled as their lips met. "Couldn't agree more."

(Next chapter, breeding)

(And the chapter after next, the epilogue)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous