Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Epilogue [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:51 AM

Joe turned the knob and opened the door, shutting it behind him with a foot. The slam made M.J. wince slightly, but she was too concerned with the butterflies wreaking havoc on her stomach to worry about disgruntled neighbors.

The apartment was silent, and they could hear the sounds of the world outside the window as it flew by, oblivious to the newly married couple and the beginning of their life together.

She and Joe locked eyes, quietly, thoughtfully communicating as one, before he turned and headed towards the bedroom. "Well, Mrs. Toye, shall we?" M.J.'s grip tightened on his neck, and she smiled softly.

"We shall, Mr. Toye."

She was pretty sure that now things would never be the same.

-------

The sunlight peeked through the window, bathing the bedroom in a warm, rich gold. The occupants of the bed stirred quietly, and with a groan, M.J. rolled over and whipped the covers away from her husband.

"Hey," Joe grumbled, reaching blindly for the blankets and finding only empty air. "Damn it, M.J. Not again." He sat up on his elbows, but his scowl soon morphed into a smile as he watched his wife sleeping soundly in the bed beside him. This was peace. This was what he fought so hard for. He sighed softly; yep, he deserved this.

---
(Continuation of [url]Chapter 11[/url])

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Epilogue [P]

Reaching over, he tweaked M.J.'s nose, watching as she wrinkled it in her sleep and twitched. "Time to get up," he murmured, poking her cheek lightly. M.J. growled and swatted at his hand, still half asleep and in no mood to wake up. "Come on, sweetheart. If you don't get up now, you won't have time to get everything ready for our guests."

Joe was glad he had good reflexes; if he hadn't, M.J.'s forehead would've smashed his nose and his entire day would've been ruined.

"Oh my God!" she cried, flying out from beneath the covers as fast as she could, which was, unfortunately, not very fast. "Why didn't you wake me earlier?"

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Joe scowled and slid off his side of the bed. "Because I was sleeping. Until you stole the covers."

"Commandeered."

"Stole."

"Potato, potahto."

"Anyways, relax. They won't be here for another two hours. You've got plenty of time."

"Says the man who has no idea how long it takes to do hair."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:52 AM

Joe rolled his eyes as he pulled on his pants, buckling his belt and smoothing down his hair. "Yeah, yeah. Some of us are low maintenance," he teased, grabbing his wife in a hug as she made to step around him and wrapping his arms around her. It was a bit difficult, he realized, and it got harder everyday.

Joe smiled faintly as he ran a hand over the protruding swell of M.J.'s stomach and kissed her cheek. "Have you been thinking about names?" he asked suddenly, and M.J. laughed, turning in his arms with a bit of difficulty and pressing a kiss to his lips, which he accepted eagerly.

"Yes, yes I have. Rosie for a girl, and Daniel for a boy."

"Daniel?"

"After my father."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

M.J. shot Joe a half-amused smile at the faintly sour look he gave her at the name; she knew that if she really wanted the name Daniel, Joe would let her have it, even if he grumbled about it the whole way. But M.J. knew, as many mothers do, that 'Daniel' would not be needed; she had a feeling, and a very strong one at that, that their first child would be a girl. Little Rosie.

"Oh, don't look so grumpy. Sheesh, we only just woke up and you're already scowling at the world." She pecked him lightly on the nose, and smoothed her hands over his bare chest, watching with delight as he shuddered under her fingers. She returned the shudder in kind when he gently pressed his lips to her neck, slowly trailing a line of kisses down her shoulder. "Anyway, I need to get ready, so release me, ye foul beast, so that I might smite the morning uglies with make-up and a shower!"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Joe rolled his eyes at M.J.'s dramatic declarations, and reluctantly released her to finish pulling on his clothes.

After getting married, Joe and M.J. had moved to Philadelphia, where they'd bought a three bedroom house just outside of town. With M.J.'s considerable success and salary from the shop and Joe's well-paying job, they'd been able to afford a rather nice house; it even had a large back and front yard and a porch, much to M.J.'s delight, as she had immediately occupied the space by a swinging bench.

Babe and Bill were still constants in their lives; Bill was going with a woman named Frannie, while Babe was 'keeping his options open,' as he liked to remind them every time M.J. nitpicked about his bachelor status. Both had apartments in town, but often stopped by and even stayed over in the guest room whenever they felt like it. It was, to M.J., a lot like having an extended family that wasn't related.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Eugene had come to visit a few times, and even Luz, Perconte, Malarkey, Buck, Nixon and Winters had stopped by at different intervals. M.J.'s mother and sister dropped by often to see the couple, and always brought news of the store, news from Christof, or of the goings-on in their lives. Abby, now twelve, was helping Katherine in the shop more, and, much to M.J.'s amusement, Katherine had said Abby was even beginning to become interested in boys.

Christof had married, and had a child of his own on the way. He also made sure to visit M.J., to 'check on the business' and make sure everything was going smoothly; M.J., however, knew he just wanted an excuse to come visit her.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:53 AM

Joe was already in the kitchen making coffee when M.J. emerged, looking harassed and ruffled, her cheeks faintly pink. "I swear, there are days when I wish for my old uniform more than anything. Not that I'd fit in it now, but you know what I mean. Dresses are so bothersome." She tugged at the material of her dress stretched tight over her stomach, looking faintly annoyed. "The second I get back to work, I'm starting a new line of maternity dresses, so help me God. The next baby is going to be all about comfort."

"Next?" Joe asked with a laugh, raising his mug to his lips and taking a drink. "I like the sound of that."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:53 AM

M.J. blushed prettily, and Joe was glad that even after almost a year and a half of marriage, he could still make her blush like he did the night of their wedding. "I think a new line would be perfect," he agreed, leaning forward to press a hand to her stomach and rub it gently, before he placed a soft kiss on her cheek. "My wife, the genius."

"Your wife, the whale," M.J. huffed, but smiled nonetheless. "If I get any bigger, you can go ahead and just call me the S.S. Mary Jane." She stepped around him to pull open the refrigerator door and grab the orange juice. "So," she began, pouring herself a glass. "When did everyone say they were getting here?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:54 AM

"Early today, I think. You got all the food ready?"

"Yep, cooked it yesterday, while you were at work. And if I hear one word about my cooking, someone is getting chucked through a window."

"That's my girl."

M.J. smiled as she took a sip of the orange juice, grimacing slightly at the mixing taste of post-tooth brush toothpaste taste and orange juice together, when the doorbell rang. "That'll be them," Joe said smoothly as M.J. gave a start and nearly dropped the glass. While she spent her time trying desperately to recover it before she could really drop it, Joe headed to the door, pulling it open to reveal some friendly, familiar faces.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:55 AM

"'Ey, Joe!"

M.J. finally regained her composure and peered over Joe's shoulder as she bustled into the front room. "Howdy boys!" she called, waving cheerily. "Come on in. Joe, you're blocking the door. Move!" She swatted him on the shoulder lightly, and with an exaggerated eye-roll, Joe moved aside to let their guests in.

A multitude of familiar faces and greetings assailed the couple as their friends from Easy piled in through the door. After a somewhat inattentive Perconte nearly knocked over a vase (Thank goodness for Joe's quick reflexes), M.J. quickly led them to the sitting room, where they haphazardly arranged themselves around the room and on the floor.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

M.J. had been thrown an impromptu 'baby shower' by her mother, in which Frannie, Christof's wife, Elizabeth, Abby, Katherine, Maria, and a few other close friends and relatives of Katherine had attended. While she got a lot of gifts, M.J. couldn't help but feel that she'd rather have celebrated the 'baby shower' with her good friends, and decided to invite as many of them as would come over for a small 'baby shower/party' of their own. She'd made sure to stress the free beer, which had automatically guaranteed a few arrivals.

Perconte, Luz, Malarkey, Buck, Nixon, Winters, Bill, Babe, Eugene, and Lipton, the same roster from the wedding, had all decided to attend. M.J. received many other letters from the other boys she'd invited with apologies for being unable to come, and even the odd gift here and there for the baby, which she was quite touched by.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

"Welcome, gents," she said with a laugh once everyone had arranged themselves comfortably.

"Look at you, M.J.!" George shouted, laughing as he jumped up to embrace her awkwardly. "You're getting so big."

"Gee, thanks, George," M.J. remarked dryly as she patted his back.

"Oh, I-I didn't mean…dang it, you know what I meant!"

"I know George," M.J. laughed, raising an eyebrow as the others stood to embrace her, albeit somewhat awkwardly, as they had to work around her stomach.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:56 AM

"Well, I'll be," Lewis commented, folding his arms over his chest as he sat back in his seat. "Never thought I'd see the day. So, when's the little one due?"

"I don't know if that was a compliment or an insult," M.J. commented wryly, but smiled despite it. "Pretty soon. About another month, I'm told. Although I imagine if I get any bigger, I'll need my own zip code. I wish this kid was out already. I mean, honestly."

She snorted in exasperation, taking the glass of orange juice she'd forgotten as Joe reappeared to hand it to her, carrying two bottles of what looked like beer in his other hand.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:56 AM

"Fellas," he nodded. "Drink up. There's plenty more in the fridge. I imagine we'll be getting the food out soon." He glanced questioningly at his wide, and she nodded briskly.

"That's right!" she exclaimed, as Perconte and George leapt up to raid the fridge for the promised beer, M.J. hot on their heels. Eugene wandered in after her, a faint smile on his face.

"Let me give you a han'," he told her quietly, sidestepping George and Frank as they rushed past him carrying their 'haul.'

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next