Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Epilogue [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:57 AM

"Aw, thanks Gene," M.J. smiled, patting her stomach. "Bending and reaching isn't as easy as it used to be. You have no idea how lucky men are that they can't have babies. You bastards." She grinned cheekily as she opened the fridge and motioned towards the plates of deviled eggs, sandwiches, and other foods arranged on the shelves.

Eugene coughed to hide his blush, and quickly went to work pulling out the food and setting it on the counter. "So how have you and the wife been since your last visit, Gene?" M.J. asked as she began to uncover the food, smiling offhandedly over her shoulder.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:57 AM

"Been good," he said with a nod and a smile of his own. "We're actually expectin' a baby of our own. Found out a week ago, actually. I was gonna write, but when ya called and asked me to come up fer the showuh, well, I figured I could tell ya now instead."

M.J.'s squeal and sudden tackle/hug were quite enough of an answer as to how she felt about that. "Oh my God, Gene!" she shouted, throwing her hands in the air. "Oh, I'm so happy for you!"

The sound of pounding feet interrupted her congratulations, as Joe, Bill and Dick suddenly appeared in the kitchen. "What's wrong?" Joe demanded almost frantically, eyes slightly wide as he looked M.J. up and down, as if wondering if the babies had been born and were hanging around nearby.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:58 AM

"Geeze, you guys," she muttered. "I was just congratulating Gene on his new bundle of joy. Or rather, bundle of joy to be."

"I'll drink to that!" Babe's voice called from the living room, followed by a series of 'Here, here!' from the rest of the boys.

M.J. rolled her eyes. "You guys can be so high strung."

"Old habits die hard," Dick said with his customary smile, reaching forward to pat her hand in a gentle, friendly way. "Congratulations are in order, in person, I believe."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 1:58 AM

"Why thank you, good sir. I got your letter by the way. I do appreciate you writing. Keeping up with all of you is all that keeps me sane."

"Hey!"

"Sorry Joe, but I need me some outside contact when I'm cooped up in here, ya know?"

"Fair enough."

M.J. beamed up at the former commander of Easy Company, wiggling her eyebrows. "So how about you? How goes it in the romance department, eh?" She laughed out loud when Dick's face flushed a deep red, and he cleared his throat.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 2:00 AM

"Ah, well, I don't have time for that, really. I'm working-"

"Working? Are you serious? Surely Lewis knows the importance of allowing you some days off for 'personal reasons,' right?"

"Say what?" Lewis asked, suddenly appearing in the kitchen. He raised his dark brows, gaze darting between M.J. and a blushing Dick, and grinned. "Oh, you asked him about his love life, didn't you?"

"How'd you know?"

"He always gets that look when I tell him he needs a nice lady friend to take care of him." He rolled his eyes faintly. "No one ever listens to me. I was an intelligence officer for Christ's sake. I think I know what I'm talking about."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

M.J. snorted. "That makes two of us. But just because you were an intelligence officer, doesn't mean you know anything about women."

"Says who?"

"Says me. Now make yourself useful and help Gene take the food out into the living room. Shoo!"

"Did you just 'shoo' me?"

"Damn straight."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Grumbling, Lewis helped a very amused Eugene carry the food trays out, where a chorus of 'All right, sandwiches!' and 'Oh my god, I love eggs!' echoed from the living room. M.J. shook her head. "You boys will never change," she grumbled good-naturedly.

"Would you have it any other way?" Bill asked wryly, winking from where he sat at the island in the kitchen beside Joe.

"I doubt it," M.J. responded, pretending to be exasperated. "Now why don't we all go back in there and face the hoards? I wanna open those gifts. And please, for the love of all that's holy, don't let any of them be dresses…"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

-----------------

From their home near the outskirts of town, the stars sparkled brilliantly. It was one of the things M.J. loved so much about living where they did; neither in the city, nor out of it. Just right. Just perfect.

Leaning back in the rocking swing, she placed a hand over her stomach, and looked up when she felt a blanket drape over her and tucked in behind her back. "Hey," Joe murmured, settling beside her on the bench and wrapping his arm around her shoulders. M.J. leaned into his warmth and comforting embrace, closing her eyes as the scent that was indefinably 'Joe,' pervaded her senses.

"Hey," she replied tiredly, a small sigh escaping her parted lips.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 2:01 AM

The 'partygoers' had long since departed, and while many had been invited to stay in the spare bedrooms, all had declined in an effort to allow the couple and the soon to be mother some time to rest and relax for the weekend, promising to visit bright and early the next morning for breakfast and lunch. They'd stayed for quite some time, and the gifts they'd brought had all been well-received and very lovely (And, much to M.J.'s surprise, none had been dresses, thank goodness).

"Long day," M.J. sighed again, pulling the blanket around Joe to cover them both.

"It sure was," he nodded quietly, letting his head rest atop hers.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/28/2013 2:01 AM

"You know what this reminds me of?"

"Hm?" Joe questioned, closing his eyes.

"Bastogne. The foxholes? Except, with a whole lot more stars and not as much cold."

Joe chuckled, making M.J.'s head bounce on his chest. "Yeah, it kinda does, doesn't it? I like being here much better though." He gently kissed his wife's forehead, wrapping his other arm around her to cuddle her and their unborn daughter against his side.

"I like it much better here too, Joe," M.J. murmured, a smile on her lips as she opened her eyes to gaze up into her husband's face. "I like it a lot."

-FIN-

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous