Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Millie's Winter Festival [4 slots open!]

Postby Kitsumi » 12/22/2013 12:01 AM

Despite his longing to see the rest of the animals, Donnie hesitated. "Are you sure?" He didn't want to just leave Carter alone if something was wrong with him. But whatever was wrong, it didn't seem to be physical. Rather, it was some sort of mental or emotional battle within himself. Donnie had known enough struggling people to recognize the signs. When Carter wordlessly nodded, Donnie figured that the man probably needed his privacy. "Okay. I'm gonna go see the rest of the animals. You don't even want to see the reindeer?"

"I guess I do want to see the reindeer," Carter admitted. Actually, he wanted to go everywhere with the boy. He wanted to let Donnie hold his hand and lead him anywhere. That was completely inappropriate however, and the very thought appalled him. He was supposed to be the boy's guardian, not his lover. It was becoming hard to draw the line between caring and romantic, and being here alone with the boy wasn't helping. He couldn't just leave now though, and he didn't want to call Justus in and leave Donnie hanging. Carter had promised that he would be the one to accompany Donnie, and so he would do so. "Come and get me when you get to the reindeer, and I'll come and see it with you."

Donnie nodded and scampered off. He still wasn't sure about leaving Carter alone, but what could he do? Besides, Carter would probably be okay after some time alone...probably.

[Post 16]

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7189
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/30/2013 12:19 AM

Rufus brushed snowflakes off of his pristine white coat and looked out at the group of people gathered around the bonfire. It was the holiday season again and he had not particularly wanted to go out in the cold, but Tseng had relentlessly insisted that he need to go get some fresh air. Finally growing exasperated with the Turk he had agreed on the grounds that he would be allowed to leave at his choosing and to choose the location. Unfortunately he had made the wrong choice. He had thought he had waited long enough for people to have left, but it seems they were still out in droves celebrating ridiculous holidays revolving around petty gifts and expressions of love. To honest it made him want to gag.

Approaching the fire to warm himself up he glanced over at a flyer stuck to one of the logs and narrowed his eyes. Apparently there was an event going on in which one could win prizes. How incredibly childish. As if he would ever enter such an event...or at least not openly. He would never hear the end of it, if his Turks had found out, especially from Reno. The little twit would hang it over his head until the day one of them died. Sighing he hovered near the fire for a while waiting to warm up. At least he had sent Tseng out to get him hot chocolate so he would be able to search while he was gone.

(claiming a spot)
[1]

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/30/2013 12:28 AM

After a few minutes of warming his hands, Rufus began to casually search the area around the fire, making sure to appear as if he was just taking a stroll. Eyes flicking over to the log pile he went over to search. Picking up a log he pretended to be bring it to the fire, while in reality he was just trying to peer behind it. Spotting nothing he glanced around making sure no one was watching and set the log back down. It seemed he wasn't going to be finding anything here. What was he thinking? That he'd just find it instantly and be able to go back home? As if, his luck was never that good. Hence the many near death experiences and the broken back that had had him wheelchair bound for months. It was truly a miracle that he was able to walk now, even though he did admittedly have a slight limp that he did his absolute best to hide.

Growing bored he returned to the fire to warm his hands again. He couldn't believe he had actually wasted his time searching for supposed gifts. What was he? A child? No, Rufus Shinra was a businessman who did not have time to participate in such childish activities and to do so would ruin his image. So why did he want to keep looking?

[2]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/30/2013 12:36 AM

Tseng quietly approached his employer and smiled slightly as he had seen the man searching about the place for the past few minutes. He didn't have the heart to ruin it for him. It was rare that he was able to see Rufus attempt to enjoy himself. The man was far too stressed out and too rigid. He needed to take a break like this from time to time. Holding out a hot chocolate, he watched Rufus turn to face him.

Rufus took the hot chocolate and sipped it lightly as Tseng sipped his own. He wasn't going to tell him about the gift hunt going on, though he suspected the man already knew. After all it was what he paid him for. To know everything and to protect him from danger. That still didn't mean he would let Tseng know what he was up to. His pride would not allow it.

[3]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer