Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Etherized [M | Probably E] [P, Zap & I]

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/05/2016 3:22 AM

Cyril eyed Nika curiously, a slight squint to his features betraying his curiosity. He let his eyes flick to the other killer's shoes on the floor, slowly traveling up their legs, then almost modestly flicking up to their shoulders and face. He locked his eyes there, staring intently, before he softened the pressure and smiled with a soft hum. "You're allowed to ask, but answers are another thing entirely." He leaned forward to set his mug on the scuffed up coffee table, listening to Nika talk with one part amusement, one part irritation, and one part charmed. He couldn't quite decide which one to focus on.

"Yes... considerate. At the very least, you seem to take my nature with a relative grain of salt, instead finding it in your interest to stick around. Well--now you have no choice in the matter, but before I told you my name," he murmured, eyeing Nika through lidded eyes in a side glance. His tone was light, as well, to match theirs. Was it a copy or was it genuine? "Regarding arrogance," he mused, crossing a leg over his other. "I suppose we're alike, in that respect."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 03/28/2016 5:03 PM

Nika leaned forward a little, tilting their head upwards to meet Cyril's gaze. "All right, then. I'll ask. What happened, Cyril? To turn you from who you were into who you are now?" They had no idea if they were actually going to get answers or not, their questions were vague enough for Cyril to be able answer how he liked really. Maybe Nika would regret that, but Cyril was only going to answer how he liked anyway. Nothing they did was going to change that.

"I try to be nice, sometimes," they agreed. Sure, they were nice to customers at work, people who read their poetry, to drunk girls who needed someone reliable to walk them home, but to serial killers? People who not only mirrored Nika, but the kind of person they regularly liked to leave bleeding, dying, in back alleys. Well, wasn't that something? Truth be told, Nika couldn't help it. There'd always been an impulsive side to them and it was showing now.

And then, impulsive again, they added. "Are you flirting with me, Cyril?" Nika had been flirting with him all evening, that much was obvious. But Nika was curious as to how much Cyril was matching them. After all, he'd said Nika was allowed to ask what they liked.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/03/2016 11:37 AM

Cyril didn't lean away as Nika leaned forward, instead meeting their gaze with sharp intent. It was a bold question, and not one he was particularly used to facing at all. The entire situation felt vulnerable and intrusive, and it was more appealing to Cyril than he would've liked to admit out loud. Perhaps to a certain extent, it wasn't just others' fear that he liked to see, but a little bit of his own as well.

Or perhaps he was kidding himself, and there was something else going on with his body, mind, instincts, and light tap of his fingers on his thigh. "The singular event that tipped the scale of my life is important, yes," he began slowly, perhaps an uncomfortably close distance away from Nika, but they'd both gotten there on their own accord--Cyril hardly noticed, and if he did, hardly cared. He was alert. He could handle anything, if Nika tried to pull anything. "But what I am now has always been a constant... It was simply... more juvenile, before." He paused in thought, angling his head at them curiously. "I simply grew bored with birds and neighbors' cats, after awhile, and they became increasingly difficult to hide from my father, even after my dear worried mother left."

His eyes had narrowed slightly by now with some old buried anger touching the back of his skull, but he quelled it with a slow blink, focusing on Nika's final inquiry. "As for that... flirting..." he began, tilting his head at them with an unreadable expression in his eyes, a smirk barely tugging at his mouth. "Find out for yourself." It was an invitation, and nothing else--he made an effort to make that obvious, and admittedly, he was the slightest bit curious as to where this would wander.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 05/24/2016 4:27 PM

Nika met his gaze. Keeping eye contact in one way meant that they were vulnerable. Nika could not keep an eye on Cyril's hands, and he was the one that still had Nika's knife. He may have taken it out of his pockets when he made tea, thinking it was not worth the risk. Even if Nika's knife wasn't in his pockets, Cyril still had other methods of inflicting pain, or killing Nika if he chose. Nika may well have been able to cause some damage to Cyril, either of their own accord, or in retribution. Though, as the moments had ticked by, it had become increasingly unlikely. Nika wouldn't rule it out as a possibility, but certainly, they paid far more attention to Cyril's shifting expressions than his hands.

They'd been rather bold with that question, and they were still wondering if Cyril was going to answer them at all when he spoke. Huh. Nika had never killed an animal, or so they thought. They'd killed bugs, spiders, killed animals indirectly (they were no vegetarian). No, Nika's own fascination was purely based upon humans. They could even get more specific than that, if they liked. Tonight Nika was definitely more interested in finding out about Cecil than dragging up their own problems, after all, Nika knew all about those. "I see. I imagine a lot of us start out like that, killing small animals, working onto larger and larger creatures as we get bored. Hm... I think I'm maybe too much of a hopeless romantic to kill small, defenseless creatures." Nika wondered what that said about them, not much, in all likelihood.

For a moment, Nika was tempted to ask another question, to find out a little bit more. Cyril's brief look of anger quelled any curiosity that Nika may have been harboring. Asking was one thing, but asking about a subject that you could see was complicated? Nika was used to walking on thin ice, but that, perhaps, was a little far. Especially when there were other avenues to pursue.

Nika shrugged a little, more to themselves than anything, and then matched Cyril's smile. "Caveat emptor," they said, leaning forward to close the distance between them. They reached out for him, one hand reaching behind Cyril's neck, Nika's thumb trailing along his jaw.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/06/2016 11:30 PM

Cyril's skin instantly prickled as Nika drew nearer, even before their lips met. Instinctual apprehension, a sense of it having been so long since he'd done something of this nature to someone, of having thought about doing such a thing to someone. He didn't want to admit that Nika's words sent a small trail of shivers down his spine, and he nearly struck out when he felt a hand on his neck. But he stopped himself before the thought could be made into action, even the slightest twitch, and let his muscles relax somewhat--or at least appear as such, until a difference in action made itself known.

But none came in the immediate seconds after the contact was initiated, and so Cyril allowed his mind to drift down to more simple matters. Soft mouth against his own, chilly fingers at his throat, delicate. As one who found his primary focus in the sights and scents of fear, physical sensations such as these affected him easily. Cyril tilted his head softly, returning the kiss with an equal pressure, humming softer than death behind their lips as he moved a hand to lightly touch Nika's thigh, steadying himself.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/17/2016 6:47 PM

(Sorry for keeping you waiting!)

Nika was no stranger to this, although part of them was a little surprised-- Cyril had been flirting all evening, but he'd also been defensive, watching in case Nika tried to pull some sort of stunt again. For now, the vague antagonism and suspicion was forgotten, and Nika was happy to let it lie.

Their hand reached up into his hair, smoothing it away from his face. They returned Cyril's gesture, catching their teeth on his bottom lip. A moment later Nika broke away, their eyes meeting Cyril's, and their expression was easy enough to read. They left a trail of kisses along his jaw and down his neck, pausing only to leave a mark that would definitely be there in the morning. They leaned forward a little further, now precariously balanced on the edge of the sofa, and instead of balancing themselves they used their free hand to undo the first button of Cyril's shirt.

A little forward, perhaps, but then again, Nika had never really prided themselves on their subtly.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/23/2016 1:21 PM

(No prob!)

Perhaps it had been too long since Cyril had experienced something like this, but the trail of heat down his neck made him shiver slightly. In a flash of an instant he felt like some teenager with their first partner, but it melted back into familiarity the longer Nika lingered near his throat. The contact to the vulnerable area made him feel an urgency that made his blood rush, knowing that the person kissing him could easily try to kill him at any moment. It was exciting. Mouth covering skin, skin covering pulse, pulse thrumming through his body as his hands snaked up Nika's hips and sides... Cyril's grip found Nika's shoulders, sharply, and pulled them as he stood up, intending to bring them with him. It seemed he forgot to say out loud what his intentions were--to move somewhere a bit less out in the open for activities such as this. He most certainly was not opposed to moving further, to continue playing this dangerous but oddly soft game. But the bedroom, scant a bedroom as it was, sounded like a fine idea in Cyril's head.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/23/2016 6:23 PM

There was something exquisite in being able to make Cyril shiver like that, for vulnerabilities to be exposed. They didn't linger on that thought long, though, there was more pressing matters, Nika's hand's unsteady out of haste, fumbling with the second button of Cyril's shirt, and Cyril's hands on their hips and--

"Shit!" Nika flinched, jerking out of Cyril's reached as they were grabbed and pulled to their feet. Panic slipped like ice down their spine and when they collected themselves, they didn't feel much better. "Sorry, sorry." Their posture had turned defensive, as if Nika was trying to disappear. If they'd caught it, been concentrating, maybe it could have been brushed off, but Nika was sure the moment was ruined now. "Sorry, Christ, sorry." They were okay, god dammnit. "I just-- I hate being grabbed like that. Being pinned, too. I--" Nika knew that Cryil was intelligent, he was probably analyzing what had just happened, drawing his own conclusions about Nika's past.

They sighed. "Sorry. I still think you're hellishly attractive Cyril, if it counts for anything. But, I think, um, the moment's passed."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/24/2016 11:44 PM

Cyril's eyes flew wide in alarm at the sudden curse and jerk, his hands hanging in the air for a moment where Nika had been moments earlier. He wasn't hurt, or offended--just startled, and admittedly, a tiny bit concerned that he'd harmed the other person in some way. He waited quietly for Nika to finish, lowering his hands as he listened, backing away a step as though giving a cornered animal more space. "I understand," he admitted softly, his expression sharply trained on Nika's face. "I should've given more warning, shouldn't I have?"

Cyril's mind was indeed working about why Nika would feel such a way--but Cyril did feel similarly. Back in those days of wasting his father's money on alcohol and exclusive clubs, just to spite the old man, Cyril recalled not much liking being grabbed and groped--though sometimes he hadn't had the power to pull away until punches had been thrown. Once in a blue moon, he'd allowed it, if the men and women were nice enough. Whatever would make his father scowl.

The compliment from Nika smoothed the slight crease between Cyril's brows, and he even smiled slightly, his expression casual. "If you say it is, then it is," he nodded in quiet agreement, eyes flicking to the door, then back to Nika, his expression sober once more. "But you have to understand that you won't get your own room, if you're staying here with me. None of these rooms lock from the outside--so I'll have to rely on my being an obscenely light sleeper to make sure you don't run off with any of my secrets." He said this with a fairly light tone in his voice, as though he were joking, but his eyes looked deadly serious. "That, of course, does not imply that any more 'moments' will happen, if they're not meant to."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/09/2017 8:45 PM

Nika tilted their head in a soft shrug. "Probably. Sorry, Cyril." Their shoulders fell, becoming a little less tense, their posture seemed to unfold, not totally relaxed but calmer, definitely. As Cyril was watching for Nika's reaction, they seemed to be watching for his. They felt, well, not so much vulnerable as exposed, and, well, it was a bit of a shame. Even though the lens of their now-fading panic, Cyril was lovely, his hair ruffled, shirt undone. Nika was a sap. A sap who committed atrocities, but a sap nonetheless.

"I have a problem with being pinned, not with you. It's fine." Nika had no objections, really. Maybe that was a little strange, the statement was effectively Cyril announcing that Nika was prisoner for the night, but, there were things that bothered them much more than being stuck in the same room as a murderer for the night. Like, what that particular murderer had in mind for Nika at all.

"...Is this encounter going to end with my body never being found, Cyril? Or are you just waiting until you figure out some suitable insurance against what I know?" If this whole thing really was going to be the death of them, they'd have liked to know about it in advance. Nika dealt in death. They knew more about mortality than most. They'd accepted their's long ago. So, if that was how it was going to be Nika definitely needed time to write out one last poem, something about the shape of Cyril's jaw, or the way his hands fit together. If things had gone differently, Nika could have been planning a really sultry poem about Cyril's thighs, but alas. Nika supposed that most people had regrets, this would have to be one of their's. Hm. They were definitely being ridiculous now. "If I get to have a vote, I suppose I'd rather live."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/02/2017 11:56 PM

As Nika got their bearings, Cyril began to re-button the undone buttons of his shirt, for the sake of properly ending the moment. He was bothered (not so much in the emotional way but rather physical), but it would fade. He knew better than to get deeply involved with others, especially when those others were as unpredictable as Nika might be.

It occurred to Cyril that, even if they'd talked, and understood each other to a certain extent, he knew nothing about Nika at all. Not truly. Of course, how much would one learn about another, in one night? "I should hope not," he said in response to their question, an easy smirk tugging his lips. "It'd be a pity to hide a body like yours away."

Flirting. And corny at that. He was a teenager again, for a few moments.

"Vote counted. I'm not sure where mine falls yet, and I'm a bit too tired to cast it," he mused, sliding off his suit jacket and stretching at the same time, tilting his head to arch his neck. He'd been sitting for too long. "As I said... you'll be staying here tonight. Tomorrow, perhaps, my head will be a little clearer."

He hadn't meant to admit that that kiss, that touch, had clouded his thoughts. It was subtle, of course, but it was true. He was swayed by sensation. By raw emotion. Seeing it, experiencing it. Like a drug he learned that it was best used in small doses, and as often as possible, alone. The company of a soon-to-be corpse counted as alone. But he didn't exactly know if Nika would end up dead by his hand or not. "Here. I do have a bedroom, even if this house is temporary. It's not much. I'm warning you. It's not much at all--unsightly, in fact."

In all honesty, with that twisted ankle, Cyril knew that Nika wouldn't get far even if they did try to escape. But this felt better than leaving them on the couch. Cyril extended his hand, offering to help Nika to the bedroom, in case their ankle was still giving them trouble.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/14/2017 5:27 PM

Nika smiled. "That'd definitely be cuter without the doom of Damocles hanging above my head. Still, I'll take what I can get." Shame, maybe they'd hurt their chances of surviving this with their little outburst. Cyril didn't really seem like the type to let that get in the way of a decision, though. The events of the night were starting to sink in and Nika really couldn't decide how they felt about it all. With someone like Cyril they were a moth to a flame-- it was inevitable. He was dangerous and Nika was obsessed. They didn't necessarily want to die, though, not yet. There was a kind of destructive part of them that didn't mind, that maybe wanted to be ripped apart, whether they did it to themselves or someone else did that for them was kind a moot point. It wouldn't matter in the end. They were... scared though, maybe not of the pain so much as the end. If Cyril cast his vote against them, they would fight.

"I know, Cyril, that's fine. Are you coming to bed with me?" Considering the past ten minutes or so, it was probably not the best way to have asked that question, but Nika didn't flinch. They sat up, their lipstick slightly smudged and their hair ruffled. They took Cyril's hand, although they didn't really need it. There was something unreadable in their expression, dark eyes tracing lines across his face. "I wonder how foolish I've been." Their voice wasn't much more than a whisper.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/14/2017 5:36 PM

Cyril acknowledged Nika's first statement with a soft shrug and tilt of his head, mouth thinning into a smile. As for their question... "But of course. There's only one bed," he murmured almost casually, but there was an edge, a small hint of humor at what had just happened as well. It was lighthearted. Cyril was a murderer, of course, but he was a gentleman at heart, somewhere deep inside of his trained psyche.

Nika's final question gave him pause, his smile fading and lashes fluttering a fraction of a bit. A hollow feeling opened up in his chest that he willed away as soon as it came. He had no time or intention to analyze his own feelings, or lack thereof. "Don't we all," was his simple answer, verbalizing the ache in his chest that didn't quite bother him enough to expound on. "Now come to bed, dear," he added with a renewed smirk, the moment passed.

The bedroom was, truly, a hovel of a room, as if the person previously living here hadn't paid any mind to cleaning it or straightening it up. The 'bed' was little more than a mattress on the floor with sheets and blankets and one pillow. As they moved into the room, Cyril verbally offered the pillow to Nika, and then closed the door behind him with a dull click.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/14/2017 6:07 PM

((Holy shit that was fast ;u; ))

Nika watched Cyril's expression shift, though they made no comment about it. Instead they followed him into the room. They didn't seem to make much notice of their surroundings, the chipped paint, stained floor and general mess that accompanied the room. Instead, the moment the door closed they dropped onto the mattress and buried their face in their hands. It took them a moment or two to realise that they felt so shaky because they were exhausted. "Oh, sorry Cyril," they said, realising that they'd ignored him a moment ago. "I'll take a pillow, if you're offering."

They scooted a little further onto the mattress. "Do you mind if I just...?" But they were already twisting around, messing with a catch and pulling out a bra from underneath their small black dress. Being made for women, sometimes the dresses Nika bought didn't look right without them and the bit of padding they provided. It wasn't very elegant, but they'd be damned if they were going to let that wire and lace monstrosity torment them all night. "Do you have the time?" they asked, after a moment or two of silence. "It must be, what? Three?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/08/2017 2:26 PM

Cyril looked momentarily concerned at Nika's sudden drop to the bed, but upon seeing they were still conscious and fine, he let his shoulders droop. He picked up the pillow where it lay on one end of the mattress and laid it beside them, slipping out of his shoes and draping his suit jacket over the back of a metal chair that was the furthest thing from ergonomic.

He gave Nika a bit of privacy upon seeing them remove their bra, turning round to pull a phone out of his pocket. "Quarter til'," he answered in response, turning to glance over at them. "I don't typically sleep in my dayclothes but for you I'll make an exception," he mused, a touch of humor still in his voice. He moved back to his suit jacket to retrieve something from the pocket--it looked ornate, a deep red with silver accent--and held it in his palm, hiding it from view for the time being.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous