Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Etherized [M | Probably E] [P, Zap & I]

Postby Mousen » 07/13/2015 4:54 PM

Nika's eyes widened, wondering for a moment if they hadn't miscalculated, if Cyril was more impulsive than they'd originally bargained on. They'd let him get to this point too, with their own knife, with their own hand wrapped around it too. How silly it would be.

Did they even care?

Then the pressure on their throat lessened, and Nika no longer needed to answer that particular question. They filed it away with the other things they preferred not to think about. "Distractions can be beneficial sometimes, whether it's sex, or poetry, or food. Otherwise I obsess, the mind spins in circles, tries to tear itself apart. It's not very fun." Nika had to admit that they suffered from that, they were in possession of a mind that refused to be hospitable to them. Still, it only bothered them in their worse moments. "Distractions are only temporary. I always end up back here." They made a small, flippant gesture to the streets around them. "My trade, as you so neatly put it, is the only thing that truly catches my interest."

They frowned slightly as Cyril pocketed their knife, and it deepened slightly when Cyril asked about their house. Now, Nika was rarely against taking interesting strangers back to their house, especially ones that looked like Cyril, but as it was, they had to be a little bit more careful. They closed their eyes for a moment, leaning against the wall for support. "We know far too much about each other already." Did Cyril have a plan? Perhaps it would be easier to kill Nika at their house, stage a suicide, or a break-in. Or else, he was looking for insurance, more information he could hold against Nika to ensure that they didn't speak of him to anyone else. "What do you want to do, Cyril?"

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/22/2015 6:41 PM

Cyril supposed he understood. Distractions, yes--his had consisted of tutors, business practices, banquets and meetings, all chosen for him by his father. His father, who hadn't known that all of that grooming and training had only been a distraction in Cyril's mind. His father, who knew nothing of the countless animals Cyril had slaughtered and hidden, the fear in his own son's heart that he'd lose control one day...!

Not anymore, of course. Cyril had removed distractions, now, for the most part, except those he fancied partaking of. And oh, it felt good. "Mm... what should I do about this situation," he murmured, a sighing hum drawing the words out of his mouth. "I take your pretty little expression there to mean that you don't want me anywhere near your house. I suppose that's quite understandable." Perhaps Nika used a more permanent place of residence than Cyril did. No matter. "If such is the case... I still can't afford to leave you out here by yourself. You are injured..." There was no sympathy in his smile, only cold politeness. He couldn't afford to leave them out there alone for far more reasons than that. "A hotel could work... but really... my current home isn't far from here at all." Bait cast, bait for what? Cyril hadn't fully decided yet. For an alliance, he supposed, for insurance--a tendril of offered trust to gain a bit more in return.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 07/28/2015 4:05 PM

Nika made a non-committal gesture. "Surely you know enough about me already?" Nika had few things left, in time time since meeting them Cyril had extracted most of their secrets. Perhaps, it was wise to leave one thing hidden. Even if it was simply the location of their tiny apartment.

They arched a brow. "I highly doubt that's why you want to take me somewhere private, Cyril. But I'll play along if that's what you'd like." Nika felt like they were out of their depth. It didn't particularly worry them, but there were a few doubts creeping at the edge of their thoughts. Perhaps Cyril had no qualms about disposing of bodies, no matter where he killed them, and that was why he saw fit to offer Nika a choice.

Or maybe he wasn't planning on killing them after all. Neither one of them was in a position to be able to go to the police, and yet, with a mind like that, tying up loose ends may be a priority. Offering his own home was to put another card on the table. It was either an offering of trust, or a declaration that it didn't matter what Nika saw of his life, because they'd be dead by morning. Part of them was curious to find out which.

They'd thought it through, and yet, like a lamb to the slaughter they found themselves saying. "Sure. Your house it is. Lead the way."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/27/2015 11:42 PM

Cyril arched an eyebrow at Nika's response. What were they playing at? Cyril was amused by teasing, yes, but not particularly when he was on the receiving end of it. "You don't need to play along with what isn't being insinuated," he murmured coolly in response, but even so... that intrigue still lingered. Cyril shifted his careful hold on Nika, glancing around the alley they'd walked into to get his bearings. Yes, it should be... just a few blocks away, really. How convenient.

"If you get tired and need to stop for a bit, just say the word," Cyril murmured, beginning to walk in the direction of his current house--a run down little one-story box of a house nestled between two others very much like it, closer to the outer ghettos of the town. Just out of the way enough, though certainly not ideal; it had to do for the time being. He hadn't found an easy replacement, yet.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 09/21/2015 5:32 PM

"What?" Nika quipped back, perhaps a tad harsher than they meant it. "You mean to say that you're not planning on killing me the moment you can't be seen doing it?" For someone indicating that this was a possibility, even a likely event, they seemed exceptionally calm. It was difficult to see Nika's true intent, it was nebulous, hiding between quiet inferences, ironic statements and half-truths. They were playing at something, nonetheless.

Nika was fine walking back to Cyril's apartment. The fall had surprised them more than anything, although they were surprised to be feeling a little shaky. Perhaps their anemia was playing up again? Tut. It was something to be avoided in any of Nika's professions, whether as a waitress or a serial killer.

Their own apartment wasn't really too far from Cyril's place. It was a fact to file away for later, when they could be bothered to analyze. Nika's own apartment was also on the outskirts, a slightly better part of town, but far from grand.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/16/2015 1:33 AM

"Disappointed?" Cyril chased Nika's quip with an inquiry of his own, a smirk tugging at his mouth. "No, killing you wasn't on my mind, I'm afraid. Well, it was, but just as equally with not killing you--that's how decisions work, I believe," he mused as he led them along the backstreets towards his nearby house.

When they approached the run-down looking one-story house, Cyril's grip on Nika's arm loosened, and his hand barely brushed their back as he steadied them. "Fine on your own for a moment?" he murmured, and without waiting for a response--for he was fairly sure they would indeed be fine for a few seconds--fished into his pocket and pulled out a dull little key. In a few moments he had the door open and ajar, and he stashed the key away to help Nika into the rather dingy little house. Cyril, for a moment, felt some flicker of self-consciousness, and felt the need to quietly explain himself. "It's not a permanent house," he murmured, flicking on a dim, but warm-feeling lamp to cast the cluttered and dusty room in an orange glow. "Belonged to someone else, before I offed them. Finders keepers, hm?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/23/2015 4:30 PM

"Tonight? Relieved. I have to be at work in the morning." There was a small smile tugging at their lips. It was funny, in all of the excitement Nika had actually forgotten about that. They didn't relish the thought of getting up at the crack of dawn. The cafe they worked at didn't open too early, but they'd chosen to present as female at their job and as such their beauty routine was rather more intensive than it would have been otherwise.

Nika rolled their eyes, it honestly wasn't any worse than their own apartment. Nika's taste was better, but the bare bones of the place was all the same. "Hasn't anyone come looking for the original owner?" Perhaps this served to illustrate the different levels Cyril and they operated on. Cyril had, what? The money, charm, power? To make things happen, to have spare houses and hide outs and seemed to be able to act as he wished for the most part. Nika was a small figure by comparison.

They followed Cyril into the house, perching on the arm of a slightly tatty sofa without waiting for permission to do so. "So," they said. "What do you want to do?" Their words echoed the ones they'd said a few minutes earlier. They were more confident this time, persuaded that Cyril didn't intend to hurt them, but curious as to what he was planning.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/26/2015 7:07 PM

"It's only been a few days," Cyril explained, something like a wry smirk on his lips. "In this part of town, it seems the neighbors don't really care much for each other. Or they don't question it. It's convenient, but a bit of a pity, really," he mused, sauntering over towards the kitchen. "I was thinking tea," he said in response to Nika's question, probably not an answer that Nika was looking for. Cyril had to smile--some strange part of him wanted to tease them. "Do you drink it? Have a preference?" There would be time for other things, later. For now, he wanted to create an air of casualness, of confidentiality. He made no comments about Nika's work; it seemed pointedly ignored, on his part. He knew damn well it would take longer to truly trust Nika than one night without some kind of wager.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/29/2015 5:42 AM

Oh. Well, that was less dramatic than Nika had been expecting, but it made sense than the elaborate plan they'd cobbled together in their head. "Oh," Nika's surprise was audible this time. They'd been caught by surprise again. "Uhm, tea is fine." Something warm would be nice, they were surprising cold tonight.

They walked into the sparse living room, curling up on the sofa, kicking their heels off and leaning their head on the arm rest. Cyril was making a point of taking his time, whatever the main reason for bringing Nika here was, he would only reveal it in his own time. Either way, Nika figured they were in no immediate danger, the moment had already passed.

They allowed their thoughts to drift slightly, as Cyril presumably tinkered away in the kitchen, and it struck Nika that they were sitting on a dead man's sofa, presumably about to be served tea in a dead man's mug. Well... unless Cyril had killed a woman, which wasn't out of the question, they supposed. Nika wondered if they cared, if this was any more macabre and chilling than their own particular hobby? Probably not, and probably not.

"Cyril?" They asked, not bothering to move from their comfortable spot. "Do you often invite fellow serial killers over to your house for tea, or, would you say it's more of a recent development?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/05/2016 6:50 PM

"Hmn?" Cyril hummed when his name was uttered, not bothering to look up as he dipped two teabags into two mugs. The question took him off-guard, though certainly not enough to elicit more than a soft exhalation from his nose, something like a laugh. "You'd like to know if you're a special case?" he asked, more teasing than anything, as he searched the cabinets for any sign of sugar or honey. He found the latter--not his favorite, but it would do--and took it down, putting a small amount in each mug. "I can't say I meet other serial killers, very often. The one time I did, it wasn't a particularly friendly encounter. I killed her--self defense, I can assure you," he mused in a conversational, calm tone. "For awhile after that I did wonder if that meant I'd done a good deed to society, or some such. Ah, but... to properly answer your question... recent development. Yes," he murmured, picking the mugs up and bringing them over, holding one out to Nika before sitting beside them on the couch, a respectful distance between them. "How's your ankle, anyhow?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/15/2016 5:11 PM

At Cyril's question Nika sat up, placing their hand by their jawbone, a dramatic, feminine gesture. "Of course! I'm highly interested in what you think of me, Cyril. Am I a special case?" They took the tea, wrapping their slender hands around the mug and inhaling the steam. "Hm. And since we are on the subject, what do you make of me?" They were quiet for moment, a pause in which the only sound was Nika's nails tapping on the mug. "I can go first, if you like. Although, I doubt my estimation of your character is of any interest to you."

"In all fairness, I'd been half considering the idea. It'd be madness to go through with it, you're definitely much more interesting alive."

Oh. They'd forgotten about that. They moved their ankle in small circles, it was a little bit stiff, perhaps, but there was no permanent harm done. "It's fine, I doubt it'll even bruise." They swung their legs back onto the couch, their feet dangling over the armrest. "Thanks for asking."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/29/2016 2:53 AM

Cyril leaned back slightly against the cushions, crossing a leg idly over his other as he nursed his mug of tea. He eyed Nika in the corner of his vision, an amused flicker in them. "I may have an interest," Cyril murmured, lowering the mug and licking his lips once in thought. "Given our similar line of work, I can't imagine turning away criticism." His tone contrasted uncomfortably with his words; despite the inviting phrase, his voice held a low, warning tease to it. Though, that certainly might have been in regards to Nika's admission to thinking of killing him.

But really, Cyril would be calling the kettle black, in that regard. He had to admit, he was curious, and Nika's conversation abilities were not at all unpleasant. "You? Considering killing me?" His tone was light once more, the darkness passed like a cloud across the moon. Not quite sun-level--every phrase was still cold, polite, but that seemed to just be his nature. "You could hardly walk, moments ago, dear. But I'm glad you're doing better," he added with a wry smirk. "Now you could consider it much more easily. Lucky lucky."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/29/2016 9:30 AM

"I think you're smarter than I am. More educated, certainly." Nika said. They had a slightly careless way of saying things, as though they weren't focusing on what they were saying, but something else entirely. "You're much more ambitious, and probably less damaged. Less prone to slip-ups and outbursts. You seem like you've got good control over yourself." Although, Nika's suspicion was that Cyril's vices were pride and anger. It seemed like too much of a guess to actually speak aloud. "I don't think you have any remorse as far as killing is concerned." Nika still had their moments. They paused. "I think you're out of my league."

Nika shrugged, wondering for a moment how dangerous that admission had been. "You're my type, what can I say?" There was something about guys like Cyril that Nika had seen altogether too much of in their life, not Cyril specifically, who was a little different. But that... what was it? Something predatory, maybe verging on arrogance. They'd seen a little too much of it in their time. "I don't think I'd have managed it, so it's not as if you should be worried. Like, sure, the underweight anemic bastard with the slightly dodgy ankle is definitely going to be able to slit your throat." They frowned a little, trying to judge Cyril's expression. "Besides, people consider lots of things. Outlandish things, sensible things, things they never do or never really want to do. Personally, I don't see how it matters, but I apologize if I've upset the atmosphere."

They shrugged again. "I scared myself more than anything. Although, I did manage to twist it a little."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/30/2016 10:01 PM

Cyril slowly arched an eyebrow at the compliments suddenly piling up at his feet. He couldn't help it--he did like having his ego stroked, a little, especially from someone who knew more about Cyril than just the false veneer he put on for most all people he happened to run into and let live. "A lot of that comes with experience," Cyril murmured, a thoughtful look on his face as he sipped his tea. "When I was younger, I was far less in control of myself or where I was going... so I did something drastic and it all worked out," he said vaguely, inviting questions but not elaborating.

At Nika's words, Cyril's eyes flickered over to their face. "I suppose there must be a sliver or two of trust between us in order for me to let you stay the night," Cyril began, lowering the mug and rubbing a thumb over a stain in the ceramic that refused to wash out. "In actuality... I guess you mentioning that you've considered the idea of killing me does give you a little more credibility. You're either arrogant enough to admit it or considerate enough not to hide it, and you don't seem particularly arrogant at all."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/15/2016 5:03 PM

"That's not to say you don't have flaws, of course." Nika said, wondering for a moment if they hadn't given a proper account of their opinion. Although, perhaps having an opinion of someone else's flaws was presumptuous. "They're less likely to get you killed than mine are." In truth, Nika was being much harsher with themselves than they were being with Cyril.

"You mentioned it before, briefly." Nika said, suddenly curious. "Am I allowed to ask what happened, or would you rather keep that to yourself?" Nika hoped this wouldn't obligate them to share something of their own past, they might, if pushed, but preferred to keep it to themselves.

They nodded. "I suppose. Likewise, there has to be a sliver or two of trust for me to agree to do so." Had they reached that point between themselves? Nika was fairly relaxed, despite themselves. Once alone, they'd have time to think it over, maybe even panic, but at the moment they felt strangely at ease.

Nika shugged, twisting to lean back over the arm of the sofa. They shook out their short wavy hair and looked up at Cyril through their eyelashes. "I'm only ever arrogant when I'm being sexy." Then they laughed, genuinely amused. Sitting up properly, they placed their mug on the coffee table. "Oh gosh, sorry." Their tone was light.

Nika cleared their throat. "I guess that leaves considerate, then."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext