Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

My Manic and I [M |Definitely E | Atoli & I]

Postby Mousen » 11/30/2014 6:02 PM

((Okay, this RP is definitely going to contain gore, violence and (at least) mentions of abuse. Maybe other things too.))

Nika had left their house on the outskirts of town in a black mood. It hung over them still, a bitter sort of anger that had only dissipated slightly on their walk into shadier part of Nabias. The evening was still young and so the atmosphere was cheery and vibrant rather than loud and drunken. It would change, though, as it did most nights.

Normally, Nika would stay out of bars, stick to the side streets. Nika couldn't have anyone see them and the victim leave together. They had, after all, no intention of being caught. However, today, they felt different. It was a risky move certainly, and one that might not even pay off. Nika never knew quite what they were looking for until they found it, it was perhaps something in the eyes... something predatory. Either way, they wanted a drink first.

They were sat on a table near the door, a hand clasped around some sort of cocktail or other. Even Nika wasn't quite sure what it was. They cut a strange figure, dressed for the mild Nabias winter. Short dark hair curled around their face, and green eyes looked out from under heavy, but tasteful false lashes.

((Sorry, this post is a bit short. ;u; ))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: My Manic and I [M |Definitely E | Atoli & I]

Postby Atoli01 » 11/30/2014 8:02 PM

ImageImage

"Sir, sir! You're hungry again, aren't you?"

Oh, little Flora was just so attentive, even if she was blind. Probably heard the noise from the drunken crowd surrounding them. "Yes Flora," Nathaniel giggled. He could feel her stop for a second, and then heard her take a couple quick steps to catch up. Once more, her hand was latched onto the back of his shirt. Weaving in and out of the crowds of partying drunkards was beginning to excite the man. A nice change from the battlefront.

Nathaniel liked to have a variety of different... flavors in his diet, and that meant never frequenting one bar in particular. Different locations attracted different customers. He chose one, this night, which he had never before visited. As if Flora could offer him a proper answer, Nathaniel asked her opinion on the place before merrily strolling inside. There wasn't one thing in particular that stood out about the bar, but then maybe that was what had attracted him to it in the first place.

Before the man knew it, he was standing beside a table, glass of wine in hand, staring down at a certain green-eyed individual. Flora was standing next to him like a good girl, her attention seemingly directed into the glass of her own alcoholic beverage. Some fruity drink. "Do you mind if I sit here, sir?" Nathaniel flashed his most charming grin as he spoke those words. "It's such a shame for a man to be sitting alone on a night such as this one." He looked the black-haired individual up and down, but his eyes settled on his face, on his soft, feminine features. They were quite the contrast to his own!

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/01/2014 3:45 AM

Nika looked up when the man approached the table, taking in his appearance. Though, they tensed immediately when they were referred to as "sir", their expression, which had been softer, more relaxed set into a hard line and their hands balled up into fists. They exhaled slowly pinching the bridge of their nose. They'd developed a rule, since it almost seemed inevitable that they were going to get misgendered. Whether they were mistaken for male or female, it didn't matter when Nika was neither of those things. Still, you had to give them a chance. Allow them to correct their own mistakes. When people got nasty about it, that was when Nika left them bleeding to death in some dead end alleyway.

"Yes, it is." Nika agreed slowly. "Luckily for me, I'm not one." It always made them nervous, somehow, even though they'd corrected people a thousand times before. It never stopped being nerve wracking. "That's not to say I'm a girl either." Nika paused, folding their arms, and not quite meeting the man's strange, yellow eyes. "You're welcome to sit here, but not if you're going to keep misgendering me. To put it clearly, I'm a "they", neither, nonbinary, understand?"

Nika wondered if they should have dressed more feminine. In their dark, tight fitting jeans and long sleeved shirt it was easy to see why the mistake had been made, but... there was also their scarf, which was oversized and more like a large shawl, it was wrapped loosely around their shoulders, and the heels. Not many men normally wore six inch heels and make-up on a night out. Well... it took all kinds, but certainly, none of them looked as good as they did.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Atoli01 » 12/01/2014 9:21 AM

"Hmm... alright. I understand. My deepest apologies." A look of regret swelled into the man's eyes, only to be quickly replaced by one of intrigue. Nathaniel never was one to fret over genders nor sexes, and as such, he had no qualms concerning the stranger's identity. Never before, however, had he met an individual such as this one. "Flora." Only her name-- the communication was simple, but effective, something they had done countless times before. She only nodded before slowly walking away, humming as she did so. Something like echo location, she had said before. Nathaniel went with it. However the girl could get herself around.

"Now... where were we?" Another charming grin was flashed in the stranger's direction as Nathaniel took a seat beside them. They were surely born a man, Nathaniel noted, this time taking a good look at them, an almost predatory glint in his eyes, but they possessed some rather... feminine qualities as well. Nathaniel propped his head up with one arm, while one of the fingers of his free hand circled the wine glass sitting on the table in front of him.

"So what brings you to a place like this tonight?"

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/01/2014 7:06 PM

Nika relaxed slightly. They weren't quite as tense as they had been a moment before, and the difference was noticeable. Not only had the man stood in front of them accepted what they'd said without question, he'd apologized too. That was about the best Nika could expect from someone when correcting them like that. They nodded, accepting the apology.

They watched as the girl was dismissed. Nika wondered who she was and what connection she had to the man sat opposite them. She seemed awfully well behaved. A... personal assistant, perhaps? Then again, who here in Nabias had personal assistants, it seemed far-fetched. Perhaps she was just a quiet friend. Nika kept their thoughts along innocent lines, though, chances were in a place like this, the answer was a darker one.

Nika met the predatory look, raising a manicured brow to meet it. There was something defiant, questioning in their green eyes. Who told you that you could look at me like that? They seemed to say. There was a small smile on their lips.

"Boredom, mostly. It's starting to get cold, I'm alone. Writing poetry isn't appealing right now. What else is there to do on an evening like this than to buy a drink and flirt with pretty but sinister men?" They looked down, the tip of their finger circling around their glass. "I mean that in the most general way, of course."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/01/2014 11:38 PM

Hmm... Poetry, huh? The romantic type, probably. Nathaniel hadn't had time for that kind of thing for a long while. The man thought better than making mention of his own hobbies; he figured talk of war, drinks and blood wouldn't help him in bedding the stranger and getting himself fed any quicker. A sly grin splayed itself across Nathaniel's lips as he took what he chose to look at as that compliment in disguise. Nathaniel took a sip of wine to mask the slip-up, though he refused to break eye contact with the man.

"Oh, I'm heartbroken. We just met and it seems you're already looking to flirt with men other than myself." Nathaniel let his head settle back onto his hand and stared into his drink dejectedly. Given a moment, his expression softened and he locked eyes with his newest target from under a mess of bangs and through half-lidded eyes. "So who here is lucky enough to have caught your eye this evening?"

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/02/2014 3:37 AM

It was rare Nika got anyone coming up to them like this. Though the man certainly had some odd qualities, it was impossible to deny that Nika wasn't flattered by it all. But not so flattered that they were going to choose some other victim. Part of Nika was protesting, the man, after all, had apologized for misgendering them. Still... those eyes. Yellow, predatory, like those of a wolf.

They smiled, glancing around the room as though looking for someone else. After a moment or two their eyes settled back on Nathaniel. "Strange, I don't see any other pretty but sinister men around here."

Nika was quiet for a moment, taking a sip of their drink. "You know, you've sat down at this table without introducing yourself."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/02/2014 8:49 AM

”Ah, is that so?” My my, paint Nathaniel a flattered man. Another smirk graced the man's lips, though he didn't try to hide it from the stranger this time. But, of course, who else could he have found in such a bar as this one? Nathaniel would give it credit in saying that it wasn't bad, though the bar certainly wasn't party central. Then again, could the stranger's eyes really be directed elsewhere in any bar when Nathaniel was present? One could say he had his fair share of confidence.

When prompted for his name, Nathaniel straightened himself. "My, how impolite of me, yes? You can call me Nathaniel." Another sip of his drink. "May I inquire to your name? I'd hate for a person as... pleasant as you to remain a stranger to me." He meant pleasant in the most... pleasant way, though perhaps he was referring more to how he was predicting the individual's blood would taste.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/02/2014 6:44 PM

((How have you managed to accidentally create a character that is exactly Nika's type. Heheh.))

Nika looked away for a moment, unsure if they were coming on a little strong. Not that Nathaniel seemed to mind, but, personally Nika never wanted to throw themselves at anyone. The casual flirting was nice, though, regardless of what Nika was planning later. "You're not getting anymore compliments out of me, sweetheart. At least, not while I'm still on my first drink." Not that Nika was intending to drink much tonight, they'd build up a reasonable tolerance to alcohol over time, but they wouldn't want to risk being drunk. Not only did the thought of not being quite in control of their own faculties terrify Nika, around here it was plain dangerous.

Something in their expression shifted, although it was difficult to tell what. "I'm Nika. It's a pleasure to meet you, Nathaniel." They offered Nathaniel their hand across the table, their nails were painted crimson. "Since this is all small talk, can I ask what brought you to Nabias?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/02/2014 7:16 PM

[ And the funny thing is that I originally wasn't even going to create Nathaniel. ; ___ ; But I saw Nika and he was just tempting me so much, the huge dork, pffff. And now Nathaniel is quickly rising to become one of my favorite characters. ]

Nathaniel raised an eyebrow, smiling as he said, "Then maybe I should get you another." The man was bordering between a jest and a good-to-honest offer, with the mere thought of seeing Nika drunk an enticing prospect. Worth the extra keystones, he'd say. Nathaniel was tempted to slip a wink in after he finished the offer, but decided he'd best not overdo things. At the very least, their words ensured that there were still a number of compliments for him in their arsenal. Nathaniel considered it a small success.

"As it is a pleasure to meet you, Nika." Nathaniel flashed another one of his award winning smiles before locking eyes with them as he shook their hand. Their hands were smaller than his, he noted. "Ah, only fair that you return the question, I see. It seems we've both been brought here under similar circumstances-- Lonely, bored, and looking to flirt with a pretty individual who will put up with me. Though rather tan poetry... well, the war front gets a bit drab at times." It was like writing a resume. Nathaniel didn't lie to Nika, only left out a minor detail or two involving his plans once their glasses were empty.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/03/2014 3:36 AM

((Heheheh. Awhr. Also, say hello to actual!Nika, very few characters can make Nika drop their acts. uwu))

Nika considered it, tapping a nail on the edge of their glass. "I don't think I'm going to drink much more tonight. Nothing is worth being drunk around here on an evening like this." Their voice suddenly took on a darker, even perhaps bitter, edge. "Trust me, I've done it enough times."

They were being too open. It wasn't good. Not that it mattered to Nathaniel, but Nika was normally much less honest around people like Nathaniel. It was never good to show weakness around someone you were intending to fatally wound at the end of the evening.

Were they still intending to fatally wound Nathaniel at the end of the evening?

"I'm sorry, one drink and I'm already onto the melancholy stuff."

Nika smiled, allowing themself to relax a little bit. "Oh, don't get the wrong idea. I do get published sometimes, in magazines and stuff, but it's only... small change really, I couldn't live off of it. My day job is nowhere near as interesting as your own, I work in a cafe." Their expression turned a little sheepish. They didn't really want Nathaniel to think they were a professional poet, even if the truth was far less glamorous. "Are you going back to the war front?" Funny, Nika didn't even think to ask him what side he was on.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/03/2014 8:19 AM

Nathaniel took another sip of his wine, a single eyebrow arching up in curiosity as Nika's voice adopted a darker tone. Their words made him want to inquire deeper in the matter, but Nathaniel had learned by now that nothing good came of nosing around in other peoples' personal business. If Nika wanted him to know exactly what they were referring to, they would have told him. "Aw, and here I was looking to get a couple more lovely compliments from you," the man said rather nonchalantly after he placed his glass back down on the table.

Nathaniel wasn't much of a drinker himself, admittedly. Red wine was his vice, though he swore it was more for the class and sophistication than its resemblance to blood. It had become a pain in the past, too, he noted, when either he or that night's prey were a little too... intoxicated. Sometimes people put up more of a fight, sometimes they were even calmer, or even happy about being sucked dry. It was all unpredictable. But he knew one thing for sure-- blood lost some of its charming flavor when diluted with alcohol. So, maybe it was better that Nathaniel's oh-so-generous offer was refused.

"Haha, at least it's a drink. Some people have gotten all melancholy on me just by being in this place." Nathaniel, on the other hand, wasn't planning on folding so easily. He was a happy drunk.

Nathaniel considered Nika's words for a moment before reaching a conclusion. "So it's more like a hobby than an actual job. Fair enough. I think we all need our escape sometimes, eh? Nice to get money from whatever you love doing, no matter how little." Like killing people. The words would sound odd to any ear other than his own, but war wasn't... so bad. No, it wasn't bad. A little fun. "As for me, I may be going back in the future. It all depends. Depends on if anyone still wants me." Nathaniel knew there were those who did, though. It was less than a "maybe" as it was a "probably", though it did him not a drop of good to let others onto how much he actually enjoyed the thing. It was a "chore" and a "hassle" and a "sad way of life".

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/03/2014 6:47 PM

Nika shrugged. "Ah, the night is young yet. I might go back on my word." They were glad Nathaniel had just skipped over what they'd said. They didn't particularly want to go into all of that tonight. ...Which, Nika supposed, bore the question why they'd brought it up in the first place? They didn't know.

They could have mentioned that they didn't need alcohol to make them depressing, Nika managed that well enough on their own. Melancholy was something that came naturally to them. There was no point in making Nathaniel realize that, though. He was far too interesting to drive away.

Nika nodded. "I'm sure they will. You seem competent enough." They rolled their eyes when they realized what they'd said. "See? It didn't take that second drink after all."

After a moment or two of silence, they stood up. "Nathaniel," they said, letting the name rest on their tongue for a moment. "Will you go for a walk with me? It's a bit chilly out there, but being in here isn't doing wonders for my state of mind." They smiled a slightly wry smile and offered Nathaniel their hand.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/04/2014 12:54 AM

Nathaniel laughed upon realizing tonight's success. "I think competent is an understatement," he said, and winked at Nika. "Though I won't reject the compliment."

Nika caught Nathaniel's attention with little effort. Although he was sipping up the last of his wine, his eyes drifted toward Nika when he heard his name. He let the last drops of wine hit his tongue before he returned the glass to its spot on the table and took their hand in his. "Why certainly," he told Nika, locking eyes with them as he placed a soft kiss upon the back of their hand. "Anything you want." Nathaniel stood up, and an idea flashed in his mind.

Gently but firmly, as to not make them uneasy, Nathaniel pulled Nika close to him. "I regret to say that I did not bring my jacket with me tonight. If you get cold however, please do not hesitate to tell me. I happen to know of another way to warm a person up," the man whispered in their ear before resuming their prior distance. Nathaniel shifted his hand just the slightest to allow a better grip on Nika's as he led them out the bar. He'd worry about Flora later; she'd be fine on her own. For now, Nathaniel just knew this night was going to make an interesting one, and he was looking forward to seeing its development.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/09/2014 6:54 PM

Nika smiled back as Nathaniel winked at them. "Don't be fussy. Amazing super genius is a bit extravagant when describing someone I just met, you know?" Besides they said, looking away for a moment. "You haven't proven to me that you are, anyway." They were teasing Nathaniel slightly, letting his good mood reflect onto them.

As Nathaniel kissed their hand, Nika was sure they blushed slightly, if only for a moment. It wasn't often Nika came across people quite as... well-mannered as Nathaniel. The tips of their fingers just caught the edge of his jaw before they pulled away, it was a faintly affectionate gesture. They were going to miss this one, they really were. Still, for all of his romantic gestures, there was something wolf-like about him. There was no point in being taken in by them, not entirely, anyway.

Nika gave Nathaniel a grateful smile and they slipped from the bar. It was still reasonably early, but there was definitely a louder buzz in the air, one that was loosing the gentle, happier notes it had contained when Nika had first stepped into the bar. They flinched when Nathaniel pulled them close, simply on instinct, smiling when they realized that nothing was going to happen.

"I regret to say that I did not bring my jacket with me tonight. If you get cold however, please do not hesitate to tell me. I happen to know of another way to warm a person up," Nika really did blush this time. It wasn't as if they hadn't heard things far more scandalous, but it had been a while since someone had bothered to phrase it so eloquently.

"It's a shame the winters in Nabias are usually so mild."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next