Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

The Little Baker [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/07/2015 11:47 PM

“Hey, Nausicaa.”

Nausicaa looked up from the cake she had been decorating, her hand nearly slipping at the unexpected greetings. She carefully set the piping down and turned to face her boss, who was padding into the kitchen with her little apron on and her tails swishing. Since she'd met a very kind man (demon-man, strangely enough), Creme Brulee had been eager to get on with opening a restaurant and bakery. His encouragement had been just about all she needed to go ahead with her plan.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: The Little Baker [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/07/2015 11:48 PM

Brulee had purchased a small shop, and hired a helper (Nausicaa) who luckily had hands and thumbs which came in real handy when she was working. Both Nausicaa and Brulee got along swimmingly, and their shared love of sweets (and the fact that one smelled like sweet cake and the other like gingerbread) really helped to cement their friendship and working partnership.

“Hey boss!” Nausicaa replied, smiling brightly. “I thought you had the day off? What brings you here? You look ready to work.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/07/2015 11:53 PM

Brulee blushed beneath her fur, and sounded embarrassed when she answered. “Yeah. But, well, you know. I kept sitting at home and there was nothing to do. So I decided to come into work.” She trotted into the kitchen, and Nausicaa shivered at the unnatural cold that followed. She knew her boss was a bit on the odd side, but she tried not to let it bother her. She just wore extra layers when she knew Brulee would be there.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/07/2015 11:53 PM

“If you say so,” she replied, shrugging nonchalantly. She certainly enjoyed working with her friend (although she wished she'd brought a sweater). “Hey, are your kids coming by?” Brulee had been checking the over on the temperature on the oven, standing up on her hind legs to squint into the front of it.

“Oh! Right!” She landed on the floor on all fours with a click of her claws. “Yeah. Pumpkin said they'd be by. Just not sure when exactly.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate