Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: .:Redemption's Not That Far:. [P: Zap] M:E

Postby Middy » 04/27/2015 11:11 AM

Myung could be so cute in the way that everything in his house was so new, it was like having a curious child around. Then he remembered what the man had been through... prison wasn't exactly a place known for freedom or luxury. He hated to think what could have happened to him during his incarceration. Those memories... he wished he could just take them away from the man and let him live in peaceful bliss. Perhaps this only mirrored his own internal pain, and unbeknownst to Myung, he was helping the psychologist heal his own wounds. Just by being with someone who shared the same kind of hollow and painful memories.

Alder led Myung to the bathroom on the upper floor, opening the door for him with a warm and friendly smile, "Right through here. Let me know if you need any help alright? I will just be in my office so I can hear you if you just holler to me."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/27/2015 8:19 PM

Myung-Dae poked his head into the room curiously, light eyes flicking around the room. He really wished he could see things a bit better; his eyesight seemed to flicker in and out of usefulness most of the time. When he was calm, it almost seemed to get worse. And he was fairly calm, which he supposed was a good thing. "Pretty..." he murmured idly, stepping into the room. He flinched at the cold tile beneath his feet, then glanced at Alder with an embarrassed tint to his cheeks. "Sure, I'll be fine. I know how to take a shower," he said with a hint of indignation, but flashed a small smile at Alder to show he was joking. "Bye-bye, see you in awhile," he said, waving Alder away with his hand as he closed the door behind himself, and a small chuckle could be heard on the other side of the door once it was closed.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 05/03/2015 10:32 AM

"See you later then Myung, take care," he waved goodbye at him, smiling until the door closed, his expression turning into a frown. Why did part of him wish that Myung would invite him to shower with him? Had he really gotten that attached to him after their time in the woods? For god's sake, he was supposed to be his doctor not--- no, he shouldn't worry about it too much. Just simple attachment issues, the fear of being alone again. Alder shook his head and started for his office, a nagging thought creeping into his head. Myung-- he didn't even know that the 'good doctor' was a monster hidden by the guise of a kind man. A literal monster with tooth and claw, and... he wasn't even sure if there would be a time where it would surface, whether it be to protect the both of them, or if he got too stressed. He just... couldn't bear having that happen and having Myung leave him for it. That already happened once before, he... couldn't do that again.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/15/2015 1:16 PM

Myung-Dae's thoughts were no less conflicting, but for different reasons. He had undressed with some difficulty--his limbs were still hurting him just a bit from his romp in the forest and from being bound for so long before that--and now was staring quite intently at the faucets in the shower. There were... two of them. Two faucets. Myung stared at the one marked with red and the one marked with blue, then glanced up at the shower head. At least that was normal. Glancing around a bit more, he found soap, right, and then... some other things he didn't quite recognize. Bottles of things were lined up neatly on a shelf in the porcelain wall, and finally, Myung went for the red dial and turned it on all the way. He squinted against the chilly spray, and smiled to himself, satisfied that he'd figured it out.

That is, until it started getting very, very hot. Myung's eyes flew open and he yelped loudly, leaping out of the way of the water and cursing sharply as he slipped on the slick bathtub underfoot and fell on his backside, squeaking as he pulled his feet away from the hot stream of water. Breathing fast with shock, Myung swallowed, wincing as he rubbed at his burning skin. Then again, it didn't take an idiot to realize that blue must be for cold water, if red--like fire--was for hot. It was all a matter of ducking under the hot water streaming from the showerhead, getting around it somehow to reach the dial... At that moment, Myung-Dae was content with sitting right where he was, feeling the steam collecting around him.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 06/23/2015 5:50 PM

Alder was a bit sad to be away from Myung while he showered, as he was beginning to enjoy his company more and more, surely not the patient-doctor relation that they started with. After that moment in the woods with him, he started to feel... different about him, although he wasn't sure how he would even admit his feelings towards Myung due to the man's past trauma. Surely, time in prison had put him through some unsavory things, and perhaps the contact they shared in the forest was as far as he would go for awhile. Alder made it clear that he wasn't in control, and that Myung was... in an intimate setting anyway. Still, he wouldn't push him on it.

So until Myung was done with his shower, Alder took to reading over any paperwork that might have been piled up on his desk from the main office in the city. Sadly, there wasn't much to go over, and any new patients hadn't responded back with new appointments. Perhaps they were either satisfied with their care, or switched doctors. He shook his head and sighed, he always thought he did well in his work, so the latter would have discouraged him a bit. As much as he wanted to think, he wasn't exactly right in the mind either, but any coworkers in the city remarked on how professional and awesome he was at his job.

There were still doubts...
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/24/2015 5:25 PM

It had taken a good hour for Myung-Dae to figure out the purposes for all of the bottles and soaps--as well as the mechanics of the faucets--but at last, he'd managed to wash himself and stand in the warm spray of water, letting the heated stream run down his aching body. The deadening drug they'd given him still lingered in his body somewhere, affecting him with trifling irritations and muscle aches, but for the most part... he felt pretty good.

Remembering that Alder had promised to look into visiting that farm, Myung's heart thumped with excitement as he turned off the water and fumbled for a towel. He stepped out of the shower, shaking his head off like a dog for a moment and shivering in the chill draft, and in a fairly short time he'd wrapped the towel around his shoulders and padded to the door. He didn't exactly have any clothes, now, if Alder had taken his to wash. He opened the door and peered out, hair plastered to his neck and face. "Alder?" he called into the house, stepping out of the bathroom and glancing around the hallway. "Aaaalderrr! I need clothes!"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/28/2015 8:24 PM

"Mmhmm... he will be over with me. I am glad to hear that you will be happy to have us visit. Thank you," Alder hung up the phone with a smile on his face. The couple who own the far seemed delighted to have Alder and Myung come over to visit them, and told Alder that he didn't need to do any work around the farm if he didn't want to. Usually he came over to sweep the barns and feed the animals, but this time he could just relax.

He leaned back in his chair, breath slowing as he began to relax. However, something snapped him out of his relaxed state. It was Myung, and it sounded like he needed him. Alder got out of the chair and opened the door to hear his guest better. It sounded like he needed... clothes? Ah, right, the shower. "Just a minute!" he called back, leaving his office and hurrying over to the closet at the end of the hall, grabbing some fresh clean clothes for Myung.

After he got what he needed, he headed to the bathroom, handing over the folded stack of clothes to Myung with a smile, "Here you go, these should fit you, and I made sure they are comfortable enough to be out on the farm."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/10/2015 12:09 PM

Myung-Dae was standing in the chill hallway air as he waited, unbothered by the cold. He'd been used to the freezing showers at the prison; something as warm as what he'd just experienced was a luxury among luxuries. As Alder came up the stairs and met him with the clothes, Myung's eyes widened with excitement. Oh--the farm! Good, Alder hadn't forgotten! Grinning in spite of himself, Myung snatched the clothes and darted back into the bathroom. "I'll just be a minute!" he called, toweling off his hair one more time with the towel around his waist, mussing it into something worthy of bedhead, then hung up the towel and proceeded to yank the clothes onto his body with jerky movements.

He couldn't help it--the thought of going outside again, and to some new place with wide open fields and growing things... it was a good feeling. He paused for a moment as he smoothed the clothes down over his body, a warmth touching his cheeks at the soft material. And it... smelled like Alder's clothes. Well, that made sense, given they were Alder's clothes... mm...

Myung blinked out of his thoughts, pupils sharpening again as focus returned to the present situation. No time for silly thoughts like that. He came out of the bathroom again, eyes bright with happiness and face a little flushed. "Ready! When are we going?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/22/2015 8:01 PM

Alder turned to him with a smile, dangling his car keys in front of him, "Let's head out now,  if we go early enough we might be able to come home and have dinner, unless you would like to go out somewhere to eat," he felt so much better seeing Myung acting happier, rather than how he acted when he was first brought into his office. Ah, and Myung looked so cute wearing his clothes... hmm, maybe he was developing stronger feelings towards the other man through his 'treatment', of course it was that mindset of being in a doctor patient relationship that kept him from moving further with anything intimate. That and how weary Myung was towards such things.

"Now, the drive over should be too long, maybe half an hour tops. It's a bit further up the road from my property, so I hope you don't mind riding in a vehicle with me," he started down the stairs, waiting for Myung-Dae to follow him down before proceeding outside to his car.  
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/22/2015 11:41 PM

At the appearance of car keys, Myung-Dae suddenly looked a little apprehensive. The last car he'd been in was that padded van, and truth be told, the memory of road noise and bumpy roads set his stomach churning. He said nothing, swallowing down the memory and putting it in the back of his mind. This wasn't anything like that--Alder wasn't anything like those people.

Was this trust? Myung supposed so. He wasn't sure how to feel about this level of trust he seemed to have for the doctor. But then... what reason did he have not to trust him? Alder had given him so many reasons on the contrary, given him good food and clean clothes and a shower and... even helped him through that nightmare. Myung blinked as they were suddenly outside, turning his face up to the soft breeze and closing his eyes. He nearly bumped into Alder when they came to a stop, and he looked at him owlishly for a moment before smirking. "I like your food and all, but I wanna eat out somewhere," he chuckled. "Some fast food place. S'been forever since I've had any."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/23/2015 4:04 PM

"Mmm fast food seems like a good idea, something quick to get and maybe eat on the drive back," he smiled warmly at Myung and led him to his car, a hatchback painted in a brilliant candy blue. The car was one of his babies, and it had served him well in so many of his trips to the more bizarre places around the country. That and, if he had to rest in it when he accidentally transformed, well, the car had more than enough space in it for him to stay.

Alder opened the passenger door for Myung, "After you," he said sweetly, going around to seat himself in the driver's side, inserting the keys in the ignition. He would start the car as soon as his patient was seated and had his seat belt on before setting on their way to the farm. Maybe on the way there, they could have some more discussions about one another, if he was up to it.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/29/2015 8:30 PM

Myung-Dae sat himself down in the passenger seat, shuffling a little and settling as the door closed with a thump that visibly startled him. Myung glanced over at Alder, a questioning look in his eyes, then realized he probably needed to use a seatbelt; right. After some fumbling with it, he finally figured out the tab-a-into-slot-b mechanism and nodded to the other man, offering a nervous, shaky smile as the car hummed to life.

God, he hated cars. Myung sat with his knees pulled up to his chest, arms a tangle of angles between his thighs and midriff, staring at the seam on the knee of the pants he was wearing instead of looking out the windows. He figured, maybe, communicating was better than keeping this thought to himself, as trivial as it might be. "I... don't like cars. Never really did, since the few exper--experiences I had with them were, pretty awful," he murmured into his knees, hazel eyes flicking up to stare at Alder, watching the steering wheel turn every now and then on the gently winding roads. "You drive pretty smoothly though... I guess..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/30/2015 7:47 PM

The drive towards the country would be a bit lengthy, but he was glad to at least get away from his house, periodically taking a quick glance to Myung to make sure he was okay. "Then it is up to me to replace those bad experiences with good ones," and with that he turned onto the highway and brought the car up to speed. Part of him was still nervous about Myung freaking out during the car-ride, while the other was confident that he would start to enjoy the trip and push those awful memories out of his head. "So, is there anything you want to talk about right now? It might take your mind off some things. Maybe look outside, the landscape out here is quite beautiful. Very relaxing even."

He had missed the sights out in the back country, tall snowy peaked mountains, pine forests dotted with lakes and rivers, tall oddly shaped rocks that added to the unique landscape... ahh nothing like it. Alder admitted that once they got to the farm, that the view would be even more incredible than what they saw on the ride over.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/04/2015 11:11 PM

Myung-Dae glanced up at Alder again as the man spoke, letting himself be somewhat soothed by Alder's gentle voice. As the car sped up, Myung stiffened, nails half digging into the car seat as his teeth grinded together in his mouth. No, talking felt downright terrifying right then; his voice would shake all over for sure, but maybe... maybe it would help. Myung took in a steadying breath and raised his head to peer outside, breathing slow in and out of parted lips as he stared at the scenery flashing by. He blinked slowly as trees and greenish blue flickered by his vision, and he found himself pressing his forehead to the glass, half mesmerized by the rapid passing of nature. Though he didn't answer Alder, he certainly seemed placated, as his breathing had evened out and his grip on the seat cushion had grown fair less deadly.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/27/2016 6:38 PM

Alder chose not to ask for him to reply to him, rather he thought letting him be would be the best course of action. He could visibly tell that Myung was nervous, that much was evident from the way he was gripping the car seat. However, glancing over to see his face pressed against the glass to watch the scenery calmed him down a little, knowing that he was at least starting to relax. He was just hoping that he would be fine once they reached the farm, all he really wanted for Myung was for him to be happy and not stressed out. Still, even if he was, it was his job to keep him happy, right?
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext