Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: .:Redemption's Not That Far:. [P: Zap] M:E

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/05/2015 3:44 PM

Myung-Dae's stomach growled audibly, and he made a small noise, tugging at Alder's hand insistently. "Yeees, I want all of those," he whined, then blinked, his joking facade falling away to fascination. "A farm nearby?" he echoed, admittedly a little curious. He'd worked in cultivation plantations when he was a prisoner, but he'd never seen a farm with animals before. "What else do they have? Besides chickens," he chatted idly as they reached Alder's building, and he stepped aside to let Alder open the door up.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 04/05/2015 3:49 PM

Alder unlocked the door, letting Myung go ahead of him before coming in himself. He started for the kitchen, beckoning his guest to follow him in. "Well, they have all sorts of animals on the farm, as well as some crops. I go there to help out every now and then but... lets see..." he opened the fridge, gathering the needed supplies for breakfast, setting them out then going to collect the pots and pans he needed, "I know they have a few cows and a couple horses, lots of chickens, some goats, and one big pig that is more of a pet than anything," he wasn't sure if the folks at the farm even killed their own livestock for food. If he took a guess, they just kept them as pets once they stopped producing anything. "If you are interested, I could let them know that I have someone interested in seeing their stock. They are very nice people."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/05/2015 8:33 PM

Myung-Dae stuck close to Alder, following him like a duckling into the kitchen. He didn't even seem to glance at the knives this time, as he leaned against the counter with an interested expression. He had to admit... the farm sounded nice. Really nice. His feet itched to run to it right then, to go see these other living creatures, completely innocent in their nonhuman qualities. "Eh, maybe," he mumbled, not wanting to seem too eager. Psychologists analyzed everything; he might think Myung would want to kill something there. He shifted on his feet, glancing at Alder, then flushed slightly. "Yeah, I wanna go."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 04/06/2015 12:51 AM

"Wonderful, I will have to give them a call later in the afternoon," he began to prepare the eggs, cooking them up into simple omelettes complete with ham, cream cheese, and colby-jack, seasoned just right for taste. The eggs were plated, and the coffee was ready right on time. "Did you want coffee, or something  else?" he asked, using the tongs to dry the grease from the bacon, then plating them beside the omelettes. Everything was ready, sans the pancakes, but he could always make those later if they were still hungry. "By the way, eggs and bacon are done."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/06/2015 9:46 PM

Myung-Dae watched Alder cook, standing close to the psychologist with a few inches between their shoulders. He watched the eggs take shape into an omelet, and he felt his stomach growl in response to the smell. He blinked at the offer of coffee; honestly, he'd never had it. But it smelled lovely, especially when the prison guards drank it, and he always did wonder what it tasted like. "Yeah, coffee sounds good," he said, nodding his head and picking up his plate. He resisted the urge to tear into it like an animal, instead deciding it would be a good idea to wait for Alder. It just felt right, since Alder made it and all. "Thanks..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/06/2015 10:18 PM

Alder picked up his plate and moved it to the table, shortly thereafter, he went back to pick up a bottle of ketchup, and creamer and set them with the plate. Hmm... what was he missing? Oh, right. Alder grabbed a couple mugs, silverware, and the creamer, and set them with the rest of the meal. "That should be everything, if you need anything else let me know," he took a seat, dressing his eggs with some ketchup and began to eat. He had an odd feeling that Myung wouldn't eat until he did, possibly out of respect. Thankfully, he didn't seem to be the same paranoid boy as last time, what with thinking he poisoned the food. Good progress indeed.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/06/2015 11:41 PM

Myung-Dae sat down with his plate and coffee, surprised at the heat of the liquid. He'd never felt it before. He set it aside for the time being and waited for Alder to begin eating, watching transfixed at the dark red pasty stuff that sputtered out onto Alder's food. He frowned, clearly curious, and reached for the bottle, popping it open and sniffing the contents. Tomatoes...? Or something a bit more sour. He dabbed a small amount on the edge of his omelette and took a bite, and his eyes grew wide. In a short time he was spreading it over the whole plate and tearing into his food, clearly enjoying the new addition to the eggs.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/09/2015 3:51 PM

Alder gave him a quizzical look for a moment, wondering if this boy had ever had the pleasure of enjoying coffee or ketchup before. Given his behavior about each one, it all pointed to no. A small smile creased his lips at the thought of giving him the opportunity of trying new things, especially with food. "Enjoying your breakfast?" he asked before cutting another piece of the egg and taking a bite. What other foods were new to him that seemed like everyday edibles that he himself enjoyed day to day? It was a bit sad to think about, but also sort of a happy thought that he could introduce him to new flavors.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/09/2015 8:42 PM

Myung-Dae froze in mid bite, his amber eyes flicking to stare at Alder's face. He blinked once, then nodded. "Mhm," he mumbled quickly, and took a large bite, smearing a bit of ketchup on the side of his mouth. "Really good..." he murmured, scooting his chair just a little bit closer and sitting with one knee pressed to his chest as a kind of support. "What is this? It tastes like sour tomatoes, but in a good way..." he mused, cutting a small bite as he had seen Alder do, instead of tearing into it like an animal.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/14/2015 7:16 PM

"It's called ketchup, a popular condiment. It's put on a lot of different foods, or even used in sauces. Pretty versatile stuff," he took another bite of his omelette, internally shaking his head. "It is derived from tomatoes though, with vinegar. So it can be used to clean certain metals because of it," amazing how he knew so much about ketchup, when would be any other time he could share his knowledge on it? The only reason for knowing so much was growing up with a dad for a chef, who loved to teach him all sorts of things about different foods. Suppose it was nice to pass that information down to Myung. "Anyway, what do you want to do after breakfast?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/14/2015 8:35 PM

Myung-Dae listened with a curious expression as he took a final bite of his food. He dipped a finger into the remaining ketchup to gather it up, and licked it off his finger, glancing at Alder. "Ketchup is weird, then. Especially if it cleans metals. You sure it's safe?" he asked, a growing smirking grin on his face telling Alder he was joking. Myung sighed with contentment and reached to pick up the coffee, which was warm against his hands, but far from hot now. "Mm... I dunno, after breakfast. Mm... when... can you call that farm?" he asked, burying his words with the mug as he took a sip of coffee. He blinked in surprise at it, eyes flickering as he lowered the mug, his nose wrinkling slightly in thought.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/14/2015 8:57 PM

Alder pushed his empty plate away, taking a long sip of his coffee, enjoying the bitter acidic taste of the liquid. "I can give them a call when we are done here, hopefully they are home and not on a shopping break. Living so far from the city, they spend a lot of time gathering groceries so they don't have to go out for awhile," he put down his mug with a smile. "I do assure you that they would love company over there, and they have never turned down a visit from me. That, and they can use all the help they can get out there," he sat up, gathering the two empty plates and dirty silverware in preparation of dumping them into the sink. "You don't want a shower or anything before you go? Granted you might need another when we come home."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/17/2015 6:28 PM

At the mention of 'when we are done here,' Myung quickly pushed his plate towards Alder for the other to take. He tried not to look too excited and failed; the idea of seeing animals made a smile plaster over his face. Rather than drinking his coffee, he just held it, finding the taste undesirable but the warmth in his palms very pleasing. He blinked at the offer of a shower, and his eyes widened slightly. Showers... Myung-Dae never did much like the ice cold showers at the prison. But he wasn't unobservant; he'd noticed that while Alder smelled quite fresh, Myung was beginning to smell musty. "I... maybe," he murmured, tilting his head back in thought as he held his coffee mug, running a thumb over the edge of it. Somewhere buried deep beneath his years was a memory of a bathtub when he was little, with warm water and no time limit to get out fast. "Sure," he finally murmured, setting the mug on the table with a small thump and standing up with a stretch. "Where is it?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/21/2015 7:44 PM

Alder could tell that Myung found the taste of the coffee to be unpleasant, but he didn't mind if he didn't drink it. Seeing him holding that mug was cute, and maybe the warmth just made the boy happy. He made sure all of the dirty dishes were in order, so that once he led Myung to the showers, he could just take the pile of plates and silverware and deposit them into the sink. "Come follow me, I will lead you to the best bathroom to take a shower. It's a bit fancier than the one on the bottom floor, so you might find it to your liking more." He started towards the stairs, giving Myung the signal to follow him.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/23/2015 11:44 PM

Myung-Dae finally abandoned his mug on the table as he stood up to stretch. He couldn't hide the small flicker of apprehension on his face. Fancy? Myung-Dae hardly knew the meaning of the word. The showers in prison had a lever: on and off. He wasn't entirely sure what constituted a 'fancier shower,' but it made him rightfully nervous. And maybe a little excited. Some part of Myung took pleasure in all of these finer things, as foreign and confusing as they were. "Thanks," was Myung's short word of response, a small smile on his face as he began following Alder. "Lead the way."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext