Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: .:Redemption's Not That Far:. [P: Zap] M:E

Postby Middy » 03/26/2015 4:06 PM

"Not going to lie about you waking me up, but I didn't really mind too terribly much. You needed some comfort, so I was happy to oblige," Alder sat up with a yawn, stretching his arms. Thankfully Myung didn't remember too much of last night, but he knew it might come back to him later. He was  glad since it was quite a stressful moment for the boy, of course part of him wished he remembered some of it due to his own comforting words.

Alder got up off the bed to stretch his legs, walking over to his closet to fish out some new clothes for the day. "So Myung, what do you want to do today? Anything interesting?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/26/2015 4:16 PM

Myung-Dae sat on the bed, staring at Alder for a moment before he realized Alder was finding clothes. Some small flicker of manners told Myung to turn around and face the other wall, and he put his chin on his knee, staring at the lamp in the corner. "I want to go outside," he mused, wondering just how far he could push Alder's threadbare trust in him. "You said I would be able to, while I was here," he added, flicking his eyes to glance back at Alder, then twisting slightly to pop his back. "I heard birds when they dragged me in here, so I don't think you live in the city."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 03/26/2015 8:48 PM

Alder rummaged around his closet, finally deciding on some basic work clothes. A dress shirt with a black tie, and plain black dress pants. He went ahead and began to undress to quickly get into his new clothes, not really caring if Myung was still in the room. He really didn't have a concept for modesty, unless it was out in public of course. "Outside? Of course we can go outside, it would do you some good," he replied, fixing his tie and tightening the knot. Alder looked himself over, thinking himself presentable enough. He wouldn't bother putting on his suit jacket, he wasn't going out anywhere special. "I'm decent now, also, follow me. I will take you outside."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/26/2015 10:02 PM

Myung-Dae watched Alder undress out the corner of his eye, a kind of comfortable fascination flickering in his eyes. He was rather used to seeing other men naked, given how long he had been in prison and how many communal showers--when such things were allowed--he'd taken. Alder had a slender figure that was quite unlike most of the men in the prison, however, and Myung-Dae let his eyes travel over the curve of his back before it was promptly covered up by fabric again. He didn't mind much. Lingering on the thought too much brought flickers of panic back to his chest, soft fluttering feelings that he was sure had something to do with his connecting current events back to the prison. Surely something about that, and nothing else.

Myung blinked at Alder's answer, honestly not expecting it to be so easy. "Yeah... I was... thinking that, too," he said slowly, his expression a little bit floored. He blinked when Alder invited him to follow, and he quickly jumped off the bed, not minding having to wear his same clothes from the previous day. He was used to not changing as often. "Alright... you're not gonna, I dunno, handcuff me or anything? Blindfold me? Just in case I run off, or whatever?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 03/27/2015 4:22 PM

Alder tilted his head at Myung with a quizzical look, "Now, why would I do that?" he asked, now shaking his head, "No, there is no reason to bind you. I think you have had enough of that torment. I trust you enough to stay here," he opened the door to his room and gave a gesture to Myung, telling him to go on through.

---

The psychologist breathed in the cool crisp air of the early morning, the sun slowly rising over the horizon. There was a small forest near the house, and a stream that ran through the property. No houses were seen nearby, as Alder wanted his private office as far away from people as he could get. Of course, that was mostly due to his underground compound, and tendencies to turn into a monster just to run around and burn off stress. However, it seemed to work in his favor even more with Myung with him. "Well, here we are. Have fun running around the property."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/27/2015 4:28 PM

The feeling of walking out into sunlight and cool air was life changing for Myung-Dae. Almost immediately he seemed to revitalize, his eyes growing brighter, posture less hunched and heart beating faster at the realization that the sky stretched so far above him, now, that there was nothing but blue and clouds if he looked straight up. Myung's attention shot to Alder, his movements quick and full of energy, and blinked. Running around... was he allowed to just... run? Wherever he wanted to? Suddenly feeling a strange flicker of mischief in his chest, Myung leaned closer to Alder, narrowing his eyes and smiling slightly. "Alright... but you better keep close to me. You have to keep an eye on me, remember!" Myung laughed, suddenly darting away from Alder and running into the trees, nearly stumbling on a root before finding his footing and disappearing into the shady forest.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/27/2015 4:47 PM

It was amazing how quickly Myung changed from being a nervous, quiet, and closed off sort to one of energy and playfulness as soon as he was brought outside. Really, it was quite a relief to see him change. Perhaps letting him outside whenever he wanted to would be the best therapy for him. "I will make sure to keep-- hey!" he reached out for him as soon as he darted away, keeping his hand still in the air for a moment. Did Myung... want to play? Was he really feeling better now?

Nonetheless, Alder chased after of him into the woods, looking this way and that for the boy. "Myung? Myung, where are you?" he sniffed the air, trying to pin-point where he could have gone, but the morning dew and wet wood only served to interfere. Maybe... he would just bump into him.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/27/2015 5:21 PM

Myung-Dae's expression flickered with a devilish grin as he heard Alder call after him, and he had to stifle a chuckle. In a quick movement he'd climbed up a tree and was hiding among its leaves, staring down at the grass. When Alder came into his vision, he grinned, bringing a hand up to cover his mouth as he watched him. Myung carefully pitched his voice and made the sound of a squirrel barking, and threw an acorn down to lightly hit Alder in the shoulder before scrambling away, deeper into the thick of the leaves and crossing over to another tree. He almost lost his footing, gasping and quickly shutting up as he hugged the limb, then dropped down to the ground as quietly as he could, darting back off into the trees to try a new tactic of teasing Alder. Climbing was too hard. To make sure Alder followed, Myung pursed his lips and gave a soft, birdlike whistle in Alder's direction, ending in a quiet chuckle.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/27/2015 6:20 PM

Alder continued to search for Myung, deciding to go along with his game. He kept his focus on any small noise throughout the woods, trying to differentiate it from Myung or the wildlife. The sound of what sounded like a squirrel alerted him, making him turn his head towards the sound, only to thwacked on the shoulder by an acorn. The doctor groaned a little but continued to follow the rustling in the trees, intent on finding Myung as fast as possible. A soft thud in the grass made him start running towards the sound, hearing a bird whistle up ahead. Damn, he was really messing with him wasn't he? Using sounds to alert him to his location... it was actually a smart tactic. Just, what would he do once he found him? Was the game going to be over, or would it evolve into another?
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/27/2015 6:28 PM

Myung-Dae laughed as he darted through the woods, shivering as he splashed through the creek, the feeling of water on his skin and pantlegs sending chills up his spine. He quickly dove into a thicket of leaves and branches, crawling into it and turning around, crouched and staring through the leaves at the opening. As an afterthought, he turned his head to his arm and bit down on his sleeve, jerking his head and tearing off a piece of fabric that he tossed out into the open clearing, and waited. Once Alder came by, Myung-Dae would spring back into action, but for now, he was tense and coiled like a hunter waiting for prey. Though, in reality, the game was far more innocent than a hunt.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/27/2015 6:55 PM

A laugh and a splash, alerting Alder to where Myung had taken off to. He made sure to move himself into a sprint to catch up, having a good ideas to where he was. The creek ran though the woods yes, but there was a certain place where it separated two ends of the woods with a clearing just on the other side. Alder made his way there, keeping in mind to jump over the narrowest part of the creek to land himself on the other side. That is when he spotted it, a ripped article of clothing. He just stared at it in utter confusion, wondering why Myung had left it there. He wasn't hurt was he?
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/27/2015 8:08 PM

Myung-Dae's eyes sharpened as Alder came into his view, and a smile swept across his face. In a swift movement, Myung tore out of the bushes and leapt at Alder, springing up and effectively barreling the man over onto the dirt. "Caught you!" he cackled, grinning down at Alder's face and sitting on his torso somewhat primly. He didn't want to put all his weight on Alder just in case he really hurt him. "Did you really not hear me?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/27/2015 8:16 PM

Before he could really think, some rustling quickly caught his attention followed by getting jumped on by Myung which caused him to fall over onto the dirt beneath him. It had effectively knocked the wind out of him, and left him sort of dazed. "Wha...?" he managed to breathe, coming back to his senses, "Myung? Oh... right... yes I heard you, but your calls could be easily mistaken for an animal. Quite a talent," he said with a soft smile. Quite an interesting game that was played, but what made him genuinely happy was seeing this man act... happy. After how he was acting before, "So Myung... I suppose you won. I didn't find you first after-all."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/27/2015 8:23 PM

Myung-Dae's smile shrank only slightly as he met Alder's eyes, before a small giggle renewed it. He sighed slightly and put a little more weight on Alder's torso, staring down at the other man with a curious flicker in his eyes. Something inside him fluttered at Alder's soft smile, and he froze for a moment, trying to figure out if it had triggered a memory. But it hadn't; the fluttering feelings in his chest continued. Myung supposed they were... different feelings, than the ones of quiet panic he often received when recalling something. It was something softer, and gentler, something he didn't quite understand. Slowly, Myung reached out a hand to lightly brush his fingertips over Alder's forehead, brushing away stray strands of dark hair, his eyes focused sharp on Alder's face but saying nothing.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/27/2015 8:44 PM

Alder stared back at him, noting the silence from the other after he giggled. He had expected him to reply in some excited tone, but for the moment he just... stared at him. Was it something he said? "Myung?" he questioned, not sure what he was asking of him himself. He was about to ask him what was wrong when he felt slender fingers brush some stray strands. Alder's smile widened, gently brushing his fingertips over Myung's arm. "Are... you alright Myung? You've gone quiet," he finally asked, a small hint of worry in his voice.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext