Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Cupid's House of Love ~ Book 1 [MATURE] [PM to JOIN]

Postby amanda784 » 09/10/2015 6:08 PM

Cupid's House of Love

Meet the Main Characters

Amara Lynn Cupids
Owner of Cupid's House of love
(Goes through the paper work and makes the matches)

Valentine Cupids
Full-Time Office Worker
(Does interviews with the clients and does the paper work for  Amara)

Paragi Cupids
Part-Time (Drop-in) Worker
(Sets up the first date)

"Hi there, and welcome to Amara's, Oop's I mean Cupid's House of Love!" Amara cursed silently. She had been practicing that opening for what seemed like forever and still couldn't get it right. Dammit! She thought, Why did Paragi have to be so stubborn about the name of HER business?

"Oh no darling," said Paragi. "Welcome, to Cupid's House of Love, where life-mates are found."

It had taken him days to convince Amara to go with 'Cupid's' instead of 'Amara's'. However, he felt it was important that no one get their name on the building since all of the siblings had pitched in.

Valantine entered the new little shop with a smile on his face. "I brought presents!" he said in his sing-song voice.

From a bag he pulled out a heart-shaped box filled with chocolates. He was hoping it would put his siblings in a good enough mood that they would keep from killing each other before they had even opened. He glanced about the little building spotting the 'CLOSED' sign still on the door.

"You ready for this?" asked Valentine, and before anyone could answer he flipped the sign to 'Open'. "Siblings, it's time to make some matches!"
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Re: Cupid's House of Love ~ Book 1 [MATURE] [PM to JOIN]

Postby amanda784 » 09/10/2015 6:22 PM

Paragi smiled at the chocolate, before thinking better of it. "Oh no, my dears. I must watch my calories! Who knows? My prince charming could come walking through the door at any moment."

Paragi smiled. It would be nice to have someone who appreciated him. His siblings certainly didn't. They had always acted so weird since he came out.

"Ooh, I think we should start are own profiles for the match-making!" Paragi took a quick look around the empty shop. "Ya know, while we're waiting for customers."

'Ahaha" laughed Amara, "If I needed a match-making service to get laid, I sure as hell wouldn't be running one!"

She walked back to her office and slammed the door shut. She wanted to make sure her cocky brother wouldn't get any ideas about following her.

Valentine gave Paragi a weak smile.

"Actually," said Valentine, "I think that's a great idea Paragi. Step into my office and I'll type up yours."

"Oh no darling, Paragi is drab!" said Paragi, "Please love, call me Paris. Paris Heart."

Valentine was really starting to feel uncomfortable. He loved his brother, but he hated the way he was so lovey and picky. He thought Paragi should stick with the name their mother gave him. However, Valentine was all for getting along and would have to make many exceptions when it came to his brother.

"Alright, Paris Heart," Valentine did his best to smile at his brother, "If you'll just step this way, we can get you started on finding your match."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/15/2015 7:06 PM

Valentine took it upon himself to fill in the name and gender portion. He had already written "Paragi Cupids" when he remembered his brother's preferred name, which he put in parenthesis.

"Okay Paris," said Valentine, still hating the way his brother's preferred name sounded on his lips, "Let's start with your preferences as far as gender and personality."

Paragi was delighted his brother had remembered the name "Paris", but he was a little shocked when Valentine asked him his gender preference since he had come out only a week ago.

"Gender preference is male," Paragi said, but his voice shook with hurt. He hoped his brother wouldn't notice. "I want someone exciting, but not extreme. Someone who can live with my busy schedule, but still be faithful."

Valentine was quick to fill in the form. He was the only one that could write the forms out in a way that helped Amara make a perfect match.

"Okay," said Valentine, "and from that I believe I can fill in the rest of the form."

Valentine finished writing and handed the form to Paragi to double check.

Paragi read over his form and a smile spread across his face.

"You know that was a really nice personality description you gave me," he said, "Do you think Amara will be able to find me a match?

Amara interrupted from her office, "If you all are done playing there is a nice gentleman out here hoping to find his match!"

Paragi's Form
(all forms are also recorded in a document available upon request)

Name: Paragi Cupids (Paris Heart)
Gender Preference: Male
Personality Preferences: nothing boring, nothing extreme, good attitude, great style
Deal Breakers: drab clothing, monotone voice, lack of smile
Personality Brief: Paragi (Paris) is a top of line designer. He designs anything from clothing to the perfect date. Paragi keeps busy and rarely has free time, but always keeps a smile on his face.
Other: Paragi’s (Paris’) motto is: “There’s always time for fashion
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/15/2015 7:43 PM

Storm

It wasn't like Storm to be here. Oh, and how desperate it must be to show up on the day of opening. He was hoping he wouldn't bump into anyone he knew. This was embarrassing. However, after falling in love with the beautiful Ozara Storm needed someone to stop the pain and get his mind off of her. However, he wasn't looking for anything too permanent.

"Hi there darling," said Amara, "If you'll just follow me to Mr. Valentine's office he'll get your form started."

"Uh," stutter Storm, "How much is this going to cost?"

"Just a start-up fee of 10 key stones," said Amara, making eye contact, "that is for the form completion, and then a simple 5 key stones for every match made. Satisfaction is guaranteed. Please come back for a full refund if you have no matches within three weeks or are unsatisfied with any matches."

"Sounds simple enough," said Storm.

Valentine stood up from his desk as his sister and Storm entered.

"Hello," said Valentine, "I'm Valentine, and I'll be completing your form for you today. Have you paid the start-up fee?"

"Ahh, no," said Storm, grabbing at the pouch around his neck and pulling out some key stones, "Here."

"I'll process that," said Amara, taking the key stones. She turned her attention to Valentine. "You'll be getting your 80% of the fee, but the other 20 goes back to business. Your welcome to search my financial records whenever."

"Of course," said Valentine, "now if you don't mind Amara, I guarantee complete privacy for this part of the interview."

Amara turned and left, closing the door behind her.

"Are you ready to find your match?" asked Valentine.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/15/2015 7:58 PM

"And what was your name again?" asked Valentine.

"Storm," he replied, nervous.

"Alright, now lets start with your preferences. I need to know gender preference, personality preference, and what type of relationship you are looking for," said Valentine.

"Okay," said Storm, "I prefer strictly females, no exceptions. I mostly don't care about personality... Oh god, nothing emotional! You see, I'm mostly looking for...well... something short to just get my mind off someone. I want many matches, but nothing that lasts if you get my drift."

"I certainly do," said Valentine, "You wish for short physical relationships without the emotional connection. It's quite common and should be easy to find you a match. Is there anything else I should know?"

"I can host," said Storm, "I've got a huge plot of land complete with waterfall, streams, and caves. I could even rent it out to others."

"I will be sure to pass that information along to our date planner, Paragi," said Valentine, "Now let me just scratch up your form."

It was only about a minute before Valentine was passing the form to Storm for approval, "Now if you'll just sign here giving us permission to share this information with possible candidates we will be all set!"

Storm signed the document.

Name: Storm
Gender Preference: Strictly Female
Personality Preferences: Alcohol friendly,  
Relationship Type short-term, without emotional connection,
Deal Breakers: emotional baggage,
Personality Brief: Storm is a nice, but closed off guy just looking for a good time. He does not want anything long term and feels there is no need to talk personality.
Other: His territory is available for a date spot for both him and others (with proper permission)
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/15/2015 8:37 PM

Later that night Valentine found himself filling out his own form. He knew his sister Amara would laugh when she saw it, but he also knew she still had a heart hidden behind all those walls. If there was a match to be found for him, Amara would find it.

Name. That was the easy part. Gender. That was easy too. Preference. Strictly female. Had he even thought about males? Maybe it would be possible... No. Surely he would know if he preferred males or even had the ability to be with one.

Suddenly Valentines thoughts drifted to Paragi. He always had a smile on his face, but he seemed so alone. Valentine made himself a silent promise to protect Paragi. He knew the world hadn't been so kind to him since he came out.

Moving on with the form, it was easy to fill out the parts about what he wanted. Valentine knew what he wanted in a woman. He wanted true love. However, it's always harder to describe yourself then it is to someone else. He left his personality brief blank and put it in Amara's office. Hopefully Amara would fill in something that could help him find a match.

Name: Valentine Cupids
Gender Preference: Female
Personality Preferences: Someone kind, gentle, and appreciative
Relationship Type Long-term, life-mate,
Deal Breakers: cheating
Personality Brief: Valentine is a nice guy with a big heart. He’s looking for a nice girl to take on dates and really get to know. He is looking to settle down, but wants to enjoy the ride of falling in love as well.
Other: none
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/26/2015 8:08 PM

Amara knew she had been harsh with her brothers. Did she even have a choice anymore? She had become the leader, the tough one, and with that came some anger with just a touch of cruelty. In honesty,  Amara cared more about her brothers than anyone else.

Amara let out a sigh. Had she been to harsh on Paragi? Surely not, if this is who he really was then he would need her help to toughen up.

Amara flipped through the applications.

"Hmm" hummed Amara, pausing on Storm's application. "Looks like the lonely farmer could use some company."

Amara picked the phone up off her desk and dialed Storm's number.

"Hello, this is Amara with Cupid's House of Love. I seem to have found a match...of sorts... You see, here at Cupids House of Love we offer a vast number of services..."

Storm interrupted her briefly.

"Why yes Storm, that is what I'm talking about. It may be pricey, but it is definitely worth the price...Me? Oh, I suppose I am available...Friday? Now on the matter of payment..."

Amara wasn't sure how her new addition of services would play out, but she was certain the business needed the key stones. Protecting her brothers, it's what she did best.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/27/2015 2:08 AM

((The Friday night "date" between Amara and Storm will be roleplayed else where and link: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=22683&p=517292#p517292

Saturday morning Amara was in a pleasantly good mood.

"Alright boys, I know Friday is supposed to be pay day, but I delayed it a day because of some substantial profits made on Friday."

"Oh darling," said Paragi, "Thank goodness, I need a new scarf. You never know when Mr. Right could come knockin' on the door."

It almost hurt Amara to scoff at him. She knew it would hurt, but it's what he would get from everyone else, right?

Valentine knew he would have to act fast if he didn't want Paragi in tears.

"Now Paris," he said, putting emphasis on Paragi's preferred name, "you keep that good attitude you had before Amara so rudely laughed and Mr. Right will be sure to fall for you. However, if a Mrs. Right walks in would you please point her my way?"

Amara was feeling cornered so she left to her office. Certainly the hadn't realized just how much Amara sacrificed to keep this place running.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/29/2015 4:52 PM

Paris was encouraged by Valentine's words, "Yes, of course I will."

Valentine, on the other hand was discouraged. He hadn't seen any possible matches when filling out forms. Sure, it was Amara's job to do the matches, but none of the forms seemed to line up right. How had she made that money?

"Amara," said Valentine, "I have a question about a particular customer. Might I step in your office to ask?"

"Sure," said Amara, "but make it snappy. I have some paperwork regarding our finances to go over.

Valentine walked into Amara's office. It was weird for Amara's office to be decorated in whites and pinks, seeing as she came off as such a dark person. Valentine welcomed the bright pink with Amara's dark attitude.

The minute the door had closed, Amara began to speak, "I know that look Valentine. I didn't do anything wrong."

"Then what did you do?" asked Valentine, "Don't tell me you made a match that wouldn't work. None of the forms I filled out were close to going together. C'mon Amara the key is repeat customers, remember? Those were your words!"

"Oh, Valentine," said Amara, "I definitely made a repeat customer."

"Was it at the expense of another heart Amara?" said Valentine.

"Does it matter, Valentine?" said Amara, "You didn't want repeat customers, remember? Those were your exact words! You want a happily ever after, but look, in the real world it doesn't happen. I would now."

Amara dropped her head in despair, but only for a moment.

"Look," said Amara, "None of our customers got hurt. I promise. I just dug up a little outside the forms, okay? Can I please get some time alone?"

Amara rushed Valentine out the door. It was starting to get hard to breathe.

"But..." said Valentine, but Amara slammed the door.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/29/2015 4:58 PM

Valentine went over everyone he knew in his mind. The list was short: everyone who had come to fill out a form, His siblings, and their mother. Goodness, the boy didn't even know his own dad. That's what was driving him crazy. Sure, Amara got out more than he did, but he couldn't imagine her making a friend. There was no way she found a match outside of the forms...unless...

It was her.

"Amara," he said bursting out of his office, "I'm so sorry Amara..."

It was Storm. Amara had become Storm's one-night-stand. How could she do this? How could she degrade herself.

Valentine burst through the door to Amara's office, but Amara was no where to be found.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/29/2015 5:07 PM

Amara was out at the bar. She needed a drink...or two...or seven. Amara took a deep breath.

"Shots!" she yelled to the bar tender, "I need shots."

"Rough night?" he asked.

"Don't ask," said Amara.

"Well, what'll be?" asked the bar tender.

"Something strong enough to make me forget," replied Amara.

"Unfortunately, time is the only thing that will do that. However, a few of these..." he began pouring, "and it will give you some temporary relief."

Amara took shot after another, until she was interrupted.

"It gets better," said the bartender.

"You don't know me," said Amara, and then got louder, "YOU DON't KNOW ME! You don't know anything! I'm getting out of this stupid bar!"

With that, Amara stormed out into the night.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/29/2015 5:12 PM

Valentine was worried. He had to figure out where Amara was. She was his sister, half-sister, but still blood.  Where would Amara go. Home? No. She was upset. The bar? Oh no, that was it.

Valentine burst out of the little business and onto the street.

"Amara!" he yelled once, just in case she was closer than she thought.

Then, it was off to the bar. It was raining and cold, but Valentine felt neither. When there, Valentine burst through the door. He looked left, and then right. Amara wasn't there.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/29/2015 5:17 PM

Amara stumbled onto the street, breathing heavily. What had she done. Amara felt the cold bite at her relentlessly. She felt every rain drop fall onto her. It was better that it was raining. No one could see her tears.

One after another they fell. She had to get out of here. The middle of the road was no place to cry. Amara began walking, slowly at first. Then, she was sprinting. She put all her anger into running.

Why? she asked herself again and again.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/29/2015 6:07 PM

Amara finally ended up at the park Delilah, her mother, had taken her to when she was just a pup. Amara sat on the swing, but her strength failed her. She collapsed onto her knees into the wood-chips, the swing hitting her back. He whole body began to shake as she sobbed.

How had she become this terrible person? She was whore. That was it. Amara Lynn Cupids was a whore.

Stop fucking crying, she told herself, You did what you had to do.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 09/29/2015 7:16 PM

Valentine was in and out the bar fast. It would've been faster, but Valentine decided a couple drinks would help him calm down and think straight. He left the bar, able to walk perfectly, but brain fuzzy. Valentine walked in circle for awhile before stopping at the park.

There she was.

"Ama-" he stopped there when he saw she was crying.

Instead of yelling out her name he calmly walked over to her and put an arm around her shoulders.

"Before you yell at me, just listen," she said, "I think I know what happened and it's okay. Amara, it's okay. You made a mistake."

He pulled her closer to him.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next