Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Cowboys and Aliens

Postby Kitsumi » 10/12/2015 6:43 PM

ImageImage
Ta'al Rashiik & Ai Zhou

It had been Ta'al's idea to gather all of his fellow companions from the other universe together on what he was calling a 'learning experience'. The Zabrak had found out about a holiday known as 'Halloween', and the idea of costumes and candy had intrigued him. It had taken a bit of convincing, but all of them had gathered together to go house to house in a tradition known as 'trick or treating'.

"I'm still bummed that I didn't get a costume," Ai complained as she tossed her lekku over her shoulder. "All of you guys dressed up, and I'm just wearing my normal attire."

Ta'al grinned. "Hey, I didn't really dress up either." He was wearing normal black clothing, but he had purchased a red silk cape and a pitchfork for his costume. "We already stand out among a crowd, but this time they're going to think we're in costume."

The female didn't seem convinced, grumbling, "At least you got some cool props." Linking her arm with that of the rather pale man next to her, she looked up at him. "I still think I would have made a pretty awesome pirate. What do you think?"

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7174
Donate

Re: Cowboys and Aliens

Postby Jedi » 10/12/2015 6:58 PM

ImageImage
Norr Yullura - Desmond Barcall
Darth Revan

"You would make an amazing pirate," he said, a smile perched on his face. Norr was opposed to it, insisting that he looked fine the way he was, but somehow Ta'al had convinced him to dress up as well. He also wore a cape, but this one was completely black. He had slicked his hair back using styling gel and inserted fake fangs in his mouth. On his body, he was dressed in an old suit, probably older than all five of them combined.

"But why do I have to be dressed up like this?" said Norr. "It's kind of ridiculous, don't you think?" Revan crossed his arms and let out a low chuckle. "I don't know, Norr. I think it suits your white skin." Norr shot him a glare, but then looked to Des. "And did you really think it funny to dress up Des in that?"

Des sauntered over to Norr and threw his arm over his shoulder. "Lighten up, Vlad. I chose my own costume." Des had managed to steal Norr's clothes and gotten white makeup and hair dye. He was dressed to look exactly like his friend. This annoyed the Arkanian, which was the intent of the idea.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/12/2015 7:06 PM

The Twi'lek seemed to soften as her significant other backed her up. "I guess it could be worse," she said. "I could be wearing something really uncomfortable. I just think it's silly to be walking around as myself, with people thinking that I'm dressed as an alien."

"People think I'm dressed up as some sort of devil," Ta'al said, chuckling. "At least you'll be known as the pretty alien. I'll be the scary guy with horns." As Norr and Des spoke to each other, Ta'al turned to face his partner, Revan. "You make a pretty good-looking cowboy. Even if neither of us have much of a clue what exactly a cowboy is."

Ai joined in on the conversation between Norr and Des. "Norr, don't be mad at him. He just lacked the imagination to think of a real costume. He had to use the material that was right in front of him." She smirked as she teased the man the way a sister might tease her brother.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/12/2015 7:30 PM

Norr didn't like hearing anyone else call her pretty, but he knew Ta'al's intent was completely friendly. That, and he knew Ta'al has feelings only for the man dressed in old western clothes. Revan's grin became wider as Ta'al complimented his outfit. "Why thank ya' pardner," he said, tipping his hat up. His impression of a cowboy was still quite lacking. "An' you make a mighty fine devil."

Norr threw Des' arm off his shoulders, then put his own arm around Ai's waist. "Let's just get this over with." He pulled Ai along as they approached the first house. It was decorated with over-sized spiders and fake webbing. A few plastic skeletons were dressed up in farmers clothes and were sitting in rocking chairs on the porch. Des rushed up ahead of Norr and pushed the doorbell before anyone else could reach it.

"I don't see why you wouldn't want to do this. You get to dress up in costume and people give you free food." Revan furrows his eyes while deep in thought. "It seems like this holiday should be a kid-only-thing."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/12/2015 7:37 PM

Ta'al laughed at Revan's attempt at a western drawl. The two of them had watched exactly two minutes and thirteen seconds of a western movie to help get inspiration for his costume. Apparently, the way the actors spoke had been the part that really stood out to Revan. "You know, I should probably be offended that people think my natural appearance looks evil," Ta'al mused. "But I guess it worked out, tonight at least. And although I get a lot of attention, nobody has come after me."

With Norr's arm wrapped around her, Ai began to feel a bit more cheerful. However, she could tell that he still wasn't fully happy. "Just think of the candy," she murmured. "It'll be worth it, right?" She rolled her eyes when Des ran ahead of all of them, but she tugged Norr up the steps of the porch just as the door opened.

The couple seemed surprised to see the group standing there, and Ta'al wondered if perhaps Revan was right about the holiday being for children. Nevertheless, the middle-aged man dropped a piece of candy into each of the pumpkin-shaped baskets that the trick-or-treaters held.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/12/2015 7:52 PM

As they walked off the steps, Norr cheered up a bit. Having Ai beside him was all it took to make his day. Each of the pumpkin baskets made a few small clattering noises as the single pieces rattled inside. "That's it?" said a disappointed Des, just a little too loudly. "I was hoping for at least a big candy bar." Norr chuckled as he walked around him. "We can't always get what we want, Des." Norr walked for a few steps, then turned to his friend. "I tell you what. You want candy? Why don't we just buy a bunch of it. My treat." Revan pulled Ta'al to his side, adding a reassuring "I'm up for that. What do ya think, pardner?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/12/2015 7:57 PM

Nodding at Norr's suggestion, Ai grinned. "I totally agree. Buying candy is so much better than walking around and getting it piece by piece. Besides, that woman looked at me like I was wearing the craziest 'costume' she had ever seen."

The Zabrak was feeling a bit disappointed that their trick or treating was going to end so soon. He sighed, but cheered up when Revan spoke in the southern drawl again. "Fine, this was probably a bad idea anyway. I want to get a bag of those caramel apple suckers, though." He smiled. "I tried one of those the other day, and they are amazing."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/12/2015 8:10 PM

Revan pulled out the piece he had been given and handed it to Ta'al. "Then you should have this," he said as he handed the Zabrak a caramel apple pop. Revan wasn't sure what his favorite would be, so he figured he'd just have to wait and see what the different pieces taste like.

Without being asked, Des decided to give his input. "I hope we get some chewing gum. Preferably spearmint flavored." Norr didn't really favored any kind of candy, but he knew Ai seemed to like chocolate a lot, so he always got that.

As they were walking to the store, they passed a couple on their way to start trick or treating.

Michael

"Are you sure my costume is alright?" asked Michael. This was the first time in four years that he had gone trick or treating. His March Hare costume was little more that a brown rabbit suit with a dress coat and small top hat.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/12/2015 8:15 PM

I'm just gonna start with Jonas, sorry I'm not replying for Ai and Ta'al

Jonas

Giving his Fighter's hand a squeeze, Jonas nodded encouragingly. "You look great! I really love the ears - I almost wish I had chosen that costume." He was dressed as the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland. The two boys made quite a pair as they walked down the street. It had been empty when they left the school, but now it was beginning to become crowded with children and their parents. Dodging a little girl dressed as a fairy, Jonas tugged Michael towards a large house. "C'mon, I hear that these guys give away full sized candy bars! The dad is like a neurosurgeon or something, and they're really rich."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/12/2015 8:27 PM

Pink rushed across his cheeks as Jonas spoke. He didn't get a chance to reply before Jonas pulled him along. They came up to the mansion but Michael stopped just before the porch. He looked up at the enormous size of the house, in awe of what candies might await them. He bounced alongside Jonas, excited to go trick or treating with him for the first time. As they stood in a line of children, he looked towards his sacrifice. "Do you really think I look great?" His face was still blushing at the compliment he'd been given, but he wanted to hear him say it again.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/12/2015 8:32 PM

Jonas was temporarily distracted by those in costumes around him. He spotted someone just a bit older than him wearing a witch costume, and a young woman held a child dressed like a bumblebee in her arms. At first, he didn't notice his partner's blush. But when Michael spoke up, Jonas turned his full attention to the boy. He leaned close, looking right in Michael's eyes. "I abso-freaking-lutely think you look amazing!" Leaning forward, he pressed a chaste kiss to the boy's cheek. "I'd look ridiculous without you, ya know. Our costumes kinda complete each other!" That was how it should be. The two of them completed each other as a Fighter Unit, and now they completed each other's costumes on Halloween.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/12/2015 8:58 PM

it didn't take long for the line to pass. By the time they got to the door, they were holding hands. When they finally got to the front of the line, the woman handing out candy looked over the two of them. She was a bit confused at their behavior. "Oh," she said in a slightly relieved voice. "It's very nice of you to take your brother trick or treating," she said to Jonas. Michael shied away from her, worried what she'd think if they told her their actual relationship. "Trick or treat," he said in a shaky voice. With one hand, he held up a medium-sized grocery bag. She dropped in a couple large chocolate bars in each of their bags, but looked at them suspiciously when they walked away. Michael leaned in closer to Jonas when they were away from the house.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/12/2015 9:03 PM

There was no way Jonas could have prepared for the woman's reaction to the two boys. While plenty of the other students at Ten Moons Academy could be jerks and bullies, none of them seemed to target homosexual couples. The teachers weren't bothered by it either - they seemed to expect that the two boys would have entered into a romantic relationship after joining together as a Fighter Unit.

But judging by the look on this woman's face, she didn't want to accept the fact that the two young teenagers in front of her were romantically involved. "Thank you," Jonas mumbled over his shoulder as he pulled Michael away from the house. They had gotten their candy, but now he wasn't sure if it was worth it. Once they were out of sight of the woman, Jonas took Michael's face in his hands and forced the other boy to look at him. "You okay?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 10/12/2015 9:39 PM

Michael didn't know what to tell Jonas. So many emotions were running through his head that he couldn't think straight. Most of his thoughts were that of fear and embarrassment. "I'm..." He couldn't quite figure out what to say. "I'll be... fine." He held back a tear from escaping as he went in to hug Jonas. "I..." Michael took a deep breath as he tried to say the words. Instead of saying what he meant, he somehow ended up saying,"I just need you right now."

As Michael held onto Jonas, a large brutish man walked by, following after a particularly bouncy woman.

John Marrow

"I don't get it. You bang on people's houses and they give you candy? Sound's childish." Marrow didn't like going out in public while still wearing his assassin's gear, but somehow he had been coaxed into wearing it by Acacia.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 10/12/2015 9:48 PM

Wrapping his arms tightly around the other boy, Jonas reached up with one hand to stroke Michael's hair. "I'm sorry. Some people are so ignorant. Hey, I have an idea." He pulled back enough to look his partner in the eye. "How about we go to that Halloween dance at the school instead of hanging around here? Then we can buy some discount candy tomorrow."

Acacia Pulse

It hadn't been easy, but Acacia had convinced Marrow to take her trick or treating. Now that she was no longer his prisoner, she had expected to be able to simply go out and do whatever she wanted. However, when she had first brought up the idea to go trick or treating, Marrow had reminded her that Kyle still believed that she was being held prisoner. If he found out that she was free, she would be in danger. Luckily, she had been able to convince the assassin to let her out, explaining that she would be in a costume and wouldn't be as easy to recognize.

"Which side of the road should we start on?" Acacia bounced happily on her toes, excited to get started. She was wearing a black underbust corset over a white blouse, with a red skirt and a long red hood that helped hide her identity. The basket she held in her hand doubled as both an addition to her costume and a way to carry the candy she would soon receive.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next