Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

The Day in the Life of Me [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/06/2015 1:44 AM

Heaving a heavy sigh, the Preluhna climbed the steps toward his friend's house. His friend was a Calamikuhna named Rapture, although she usually told everyone just to call her Rap. They were neighbors, sort of. They lived in the same cul-de-sac, so that was close enough. Out of everyone their age, she was the only one he really got along with at all.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: The Day in the Life of Me [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/06/2015 1:46 AM

His mother always wanted him to get out more. His dad thought something was wrong with the fact that he didn't play with most of the other kids on the block. He called him a weird child. He threw away his books, sometimes. It wasn't his fault that he enjoyed reading and he didn't get along with the others. That was just how it was.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/06/2015 1:48 AM

In the past, he tried getting along with the other kids. It just didn't work. They didn't really click. Sometimes they would even make fun of him. His parents didn't really listen when he tried to explain any of this, though.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/06/2015 1:49 AM

His dad would get mad. When his dad got mad, he'd yell at him and yell at his mom. For some reason, he would blame his mom for his not getting along with other children, as if she had something to do with it. "You don't make him go outside enough when I'm not home," he would complain. Then his mom would yell at him to go outside. It happened at least once a week, if not more.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/06/2015 1:52 AM

But it wasn't as though the Preluhna-boy had anywhere to go. He could visit Rap, and that was it. There were days he just sat outside on the porch. There were even days when he went off by himself, leaving the cul-de-sac and walking around the neighborhood. He was still really too young for that sort of independence, but his parents never seemed to worry about where he went.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/06/2015 1:55 AM

There were days that he wondered if his parents even really cared about him. Sure, they fed him, they clothed him, they bought him obligatory gifts on his birthday and during holidays, but that didn't mean they cared. He couldn't remember the last time either of them had told him, "I love you." No, maybe it was his last birthday. Maybe. But was it really that long ago?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/06/2015 2:03 AM

Shaking his head and attempting to empty such thoughts from his mind, he found himself already standing on the doorstep. He rang the door bell without hesitation. "Who is it?" He heard Rap call out to him from just a ways away from the door. She must have been on her way down already. "It's me!" He called out in return.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2015 4:38 AM

When the door opened, he was greeted with a smile. "Hey Remmy! Hurry up, come in," his friend urged him. "You knew I was coming over," he started out as he moved to step through the doorway. Although he made such a comment, he smiled in return. "So why do you bother asking who it is? I mean, I called you before coming over." He called first, every time he planned to drop in.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2015 4:40 AM

"Well, why not?" The Calamikuhna girl asked in return.  "What if someone else just so happened to be ringing the doorbell around the same time I was expecting you? It could happen! You know how many deliveries my mom gets from ordering junk off the shopping network." Her mom was always watching those darn shows and couldn't seem to resist a good deal. Though, at the very least, she ended up giving most things away as Christmas gifts.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2015 4:43 AM

Unlike her friends' family, Rap's family was pretty well functional. They each had their own quirks, sure, but they got along just fine. In fact, her mother seemed to love when Remmy came over. She'd end up baking cookies or trying some weird snack recipes she saw on some cooking show or another. Her mother worked from home, so she did a l of things one might expect from a stereotypical mother and house wife.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/14/2015 9:04 PM

Once the Preluhna boy had come inside, Rap closed the door behind him. Then, she called out, "Mom, Remmy's here!"

It was not long after she called out that the Kanua woman appeared before them. "Oh, Remmy, how are you doing? Are you hungry? Would you like a snack?" She started firing off questions before the Preluhna boy could even answer a single one of them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/14/2015 9:09 PM

"I'm doing all right, Mrs. A," Remmy answered, when the woman finally stopped speaking and looked at him expectantly. "I'm not... all that hungry," he then went on.

"Mom, weren't you already making a pie earlier?" Rap interjected to ask her own question.

"Oh, yes, that's right! It should be done any minute now. I made homemade apple pie. I'll bring you two some when its ready."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/14/2015 9:13 PM

"Thanks, Mom."

"Thanks, Mrs. A."

The two kids spoke in unison, which made the woman giggle. With as often as Remmy came over, she viewed him much like her own child, and it was always cute to see them getting along so well. As many mothers might do, she could not help but to wonder just how long they would be friends or if that friendship would eventually become something more.

"We'll be in my room," Rap added, before starting up the stairs. The Preluhna boy followed after her, nodding his head toward Mrs. A before doing so.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/14/2015 9:23 PM

The girl's room wasn't exactly overly girlie, but she wasn't a total tomboy, either. It might have been best described as fairly neutral, although she had a few plush toys and cute collectibles on her shelves. For the most part, Rap was interested in reading, music, and video games.

She practically flopped onto her bed and smiled at Remmy as he stood across the room. "Well, what do you want to do?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/14/2015 9:26 PM

Remmy half-smiled back at her, without showing his teeth. "I don't know," he answered. "What were you doing before I called?"

"I was practicing," she said, gesturing toward the red and black electric guitar that was sitting in its stand near her bed. That sort of thing wasn't exactly something they could do together, though.

"How's it going?" Remmy wondered.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next