Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

The Search For Gifts [Self]

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:37 AM

The town was quite abuzz with the holiday season looming about, and today was going to be another day filled with a single goal in mind. With many people crowding the streets as they made their way towards all sorts of nearby shops. This was the kind of day for people to find presents for those that they cared about. Which is exactly what one particular group intended to do, with a bit of a twist as their group walked through the busy street. Pushing their way through the crowds.

A woman with black hair and small purple streaks dyed into it to almost appear like stripes, seemed to be acting as the leader of this somewhat large group. Leading everyone over to the very center of all the holiday shopping going on.

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Re: The Search For Gifts [Self]

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:40 AM

Psyche

“Alright! Are you guys ready?” She called out to everyone behind her once they came to a stop. There were about five adults, three kids, and four teens among them. Two of them were being delicately handled by the woman, as they were the youngest out of the bunch. One of the children looked a little sleepy, and was nuzzled up against Psyche to try and get a nap in. The other was curiously staring at everything in sight, completely mesmerized by all the activity and lights. Her hand was being held by the woman, to keep her from wandering off on her own.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:41 AM

Faolán

He hadn't been really expecting to go out on a shopping trip of this scale. The only thing that had really clued him in on what they were going to be doing today was when he had taken notice of how the woman, Psyche, had been plotting something beforehand. But despite how hectic it might get, he did expect that today might bring about some amusement to keep things pleasant. Exchanging glances with some of the others, he raised his hand. Smiling the whole time as he shared her enthusiasm, although on a smaller scale in comparison. "Yeah, Sis! I think we're ready." Despite having called her 'sis', however, they actually didn't look alike at all.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:42 AM

Orion

"Right, what he said. Still, I don't get why we're even doing this..." Something about it almost seemed pointless. To be shopping together with everyone, for presents intended for them. Where exactly was the element of surprise you were supposed to normally get? It just didn't feel right to him... This almost seemed lost on Psyche, or perhaps she didn't care? That almost irritated him more when he thought of it that way. "Oh don't be such a scrooge! We're going to have fun today!" "Wha...? I'm not...! That doesn't even make sense, and is totally wrong!" He growled back at her. He was definitely not a scrooge, and wasn't even the issue here. But that didn't matter, because she just laughed.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:43 AM

Tasogare

One girl in particular was kind of hanging around further in the back. Generally paying no mind to the man that had raised his voice, and was now starting to argue back at Psyche. Pretty much to no avail at that. "You guys... didn't really have to do this." She had quietly muttered to the man she was standing next to. It had been really surprising when she had been told that she was invited to do some Christmas shopping with them. But... She didn't exactly believe that she deserved that sort of kindness from them, and was starting to have second thoughts already about doing this.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:43 AM

Aioros

The one she had spoken to was Aioros. Who was just waiting for things to kind of sort itself out for now. Usually Faolán could handle Orion without too much trouble. He was a little confused at first however when he realized somebody had said something to him, and he was so distracted that he didn't catch a word of it. When he turned to look and see that it was Tasogare talking to him, that confusion was pretty clear on his face. "Um, sorry... I missed that. Could you repeat it, Tas?" He tried to ask her as nicely as he could. A little afraid that he might made her mad just from asking. Which was exactly what happened as he watched her turn her back to him. "Nothing. Forget it..." That's not what he wanted... Aioros wasn't sure of what to do now. The only thing he could think of was to give her a pat on the shoulder. "Okay... Well, try to focus on having some fun today, alright?"

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:44 AM

Tenebrae

"Haaah... It just never ends." Tenebrae couldn't help but say this aloud with a heavy sigh. While it technically was kind of the norm when it came to that loose cannon, this wasn't what they came here to do. All they were doing was wasting time dawdling. Plus he could imagine that other shoppers were probably giving their group a few curious stares as they went about their business. Eventually he'd have enough, and would interrupt it with a shout. "Well, I don't know about you guys. But I'm getting bored standing around here! Let's go look for presents already!" This got a round of approval from most of them. It was also enough for Faolán to step in enough to eventually get Orion to settle down. "You two can have your fight later, okay?" "Fiiine..." "'Kay!" And with that done and over with, Tenebrae proceeded to clap once loudly. "Great! Let's go now!"

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:45 AM

Psyche

"Alright! Does everyone remember what they need to do?" She asked before they were to go commence their shopping. Which it looked like just about everyone already understood the rules. The plan was that each person had gotten a name, and was to find one gift for that person they had gotten. Like a secret Santa. Something she thought would be both simple, and fun for everyone. Not only to think more carefully about what they'll get so it was a little more thoughtful, but so there would be more surprise to it. Fun! ”And remember, you can get whatever you think your giftee will like best!” After telling them that, they all began to separate into smaller groups to seek out presents. With the two kids she was already watching, she started walking along with Faolán by her side.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:46 AM

Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus was just about to wander off on his own, at first, but the red haired boy was stopped by a light tug on the sleeve of his sweater. Turning to see who it was, it turned out to be another boy of about the same age as him. With much lighter hair and complexion compared to his own. This boy said nothing, but his eyes told Pyrrhus that he was waiting for some sort of approval. Having been used to this for as long as he could remember, he nodded his head energetically. ”Come on, Val. Let’s looks for presents!” Being super eager to get a move on, Pyrrhus sprang into action immediately and hurried along through town. Dragging along the other boy, who held on tightly so he wouldn’t lose him, appeared wide eyed as they moved quickly through the crowd of other people towards whatever place that caught his friend’s attention first.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 12/18/2015 12:58 AM

Tenebrae

"Hmm... Alright, so who's tagging along with me, then?" Tenebrae had proceeded to ask everyone else who remained. This was immediately followed by one more kid raising his hand eagerly. "Ooh, ooh! Me me me!" Which was Lavi, who looked super excited. He was always looking forward to spending lots of time with his dad, that much Tenebrae knew quite well. Being with his friends was always good too, and Lavi was almost sad at first about watching them leave already without him. But now that being with him was his other option, that was okay! "Perfect! Anyone else?" Tenebrae seemed quite pleased about his son's enthusiasm. That not even the other teen girl, Tala, who was just as quiet had stepped forward could dampen his mood. "I guess I'll go with you, then." Which would work fine for him. Not like he wanted to hang around the other two moody people here. Which as they passed Aioros while they were leaving, he patted him on the back before leaning in to whisper something to him.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran