Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

[* Echoed Homes [Open]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/25/2016 12:18 AM

[ Please check out this topic in the RP Advertisement section before joining here! But it's OPEN; you're welcome to join in here at any time! If you have any questions after reading the RP advertisement, please don't hesitate to PM me! ]

Brushed, clean hair? Check. Lucky star-shaped hair pin? Check. Smooth ears? Check. Clean, ironed red suit? Check. Charming golden tie? Check. Small round sunglasses? Check.

Ready to tackle a new business? Check... for the most part.
He made faces in the mirror for a while; and then he rearranged his tie for the millionth time. A grimace; still crooked? No, no; it was the nerves. That's what it was.

He passed a claw through his teeth — had something gotten stuck in there from breakfast? — and then he froze when he heard a voice. "Cliff?" it echoed from the floor below. "What are you doing?" The voice wasn't upset or commanding, but there was definitely a hint of stress in it. Oh, how he could agree.

He stepped out of his small changing cabin, and he took a deep breath. Everything would be fine. He could do this! He'd learned from and with the best. Now he was on his own, and he had to fly with his own wings. He would no longer have the support of his mentors and friends, but hopefully the people of this region would be welcoming to their business. Everyone needed a home, right?

"Coming!" he yelled towards the stairs just as he made his way down. His hands were shaking just a bit, but he had to make it stop. He would look ridiculous shaking in front of clients.

He came upon the first floor: a business setup that was minimalist, but that got the job done. It wasn't impressive or massive, but it was sort of homey. That was worth something, right?

There was another bat shuffling along the first floor, looking through some papers and organizing everything along the desks and furniture. "You okay there, Sherley?"
The brown bat jumped, and she turned around quickly. "Cliff!" she gasped, and then she sighed. "You scared me."

Cliff grinned, and then he laughed. "How come? Who else but me would be here?"

Sherley sighed again. "I'm not in the mood at all, Cliff," she said, and she looked around their office. "Do you really think everything is ready?" she asked the tiny male bat, going back to turning and looking this way and that. "What if clients don't need houses the same way our friends needed them? What if the echo system fails? What if this whole thing fails?" The thoughts were racing in her mind, and they were getting ever louder.

Cliff stared at her, and with his sister being so nervous, it forced him to calm down. If both of them got stressed out over this thing, it wouldn't do anyone any good, right? "Hey, calm down, sis," he said, moving closer to his sister to tap her on the back. Being so small, that was about as high as he could reach without getting on his tippy toes or flying. "We've down all this before! You were mayor of a small town, and I designed an entire town," he reminded her, and saying it out loud, it did give him some confidence. "Remember? We've got this, Sherley."

Sherley sighed again and fell silent for a moment. "I know all that," she said, "but this is a completely different region! There are so many buildings here... so many people! Do you think a business like ours has any purpose here?"

"Of course there's purpose for our business!" Cliff assured her, and he moved around to face her. "Listen," he added, and he took her hands into his own; though he could barely cup the two of hers, "it's scary, but we can do it! If I couldn't do it, you think the others would've let me go?" He winked and grinned with pearly whites. "It might be hard at the beginning, but we can do it! We'll start small, and then we can build a reputation here too!"

Sherley wasn't nearly as confident as her brother, but his enthusiasm and positive attitude did help to alleviate her nerves. "You're right," she admitted, even if she wasn't completely convinced. "You're right. We have to stay positive."

Cliff's grin got wider. "That's my sis!" He squeezed her hands a little before letting go and putting his hands against his hips confidently. "It's still early, so we just gotta wait until someone walks in here to request a job! All we need for now is an ice-breaker!"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Echoed Homes [Open]

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/01/2016 9:51 PM

Their first client was likely far from what they would have expected, and probably farther from what they had hoped, had they any idea what she did for a living. A woman, entirely human in appearance, stepped through the entrance with an air of confidence. The heels of her boots made a satisfying sort of click against the floor, and she wore a smile that was difficult to read on her tattooed and pierced face. She was a fairly busty woman with wide hips. And she was tall, taller than the average woman, and the few extra inches from her heels had her greatly towering over the bats that must have ran the place.

Boss seemed imposing, as she almost always did, as she gazed around the interior of the business. She'd heard through the grapevine about the new business opening today and intentionally made room in her schedule to stop by. As someone that owned several businesses, herself, she could appreciate new businesses. Of course, she wasn't as up front about the fact that she was gang boss, at least not in these sorts of situations, that did not call for it. Although she may have seemed to be an odd character, most wouldn't think she was responsible for an entire criminal syndicate, nor would they expect someone as such to run their own errands.

"So, I need a vacation home, and I need a second home with a cafe built off of it," she openly declared. "Would you be able to handle those two requests?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

[2] [2]

Postby Jaykobell » 05/02/2016 2:06 PM

Just as they were still trying to keep positive that business would eventually come - business quite literally walked through the door.

At the sound of the little jingling bell, both bats turned around almost right away, ears upright. Good news!

The human woman didn't intimidate the two, despite the big gap in sizes. They were used to a whole slew of different clients; tattoos, piercings, animals, humans, and everything in-between. Every client had a different vision, and that was what was exciting about this job.

"Hello! Welcome!!" Cliff greeted almost immediately as the human woman made her way into the office, the stress and the excitement both making his voice almost squeaky and high-pitched. "Welcome to Echoed Homes!" He bounded over to the human, and he extended a tiny clawed hand, with the pointer finger being longer than the other fingers.

When the woman laid down in clear terms what she wanted, Cliff nodded, taking in every word she was saying. "Gotcha, gotcha. Vacation home and a second home with a cafe included. Right?" It was important to repeat instructions to make sure everyone was on the same page; especially when it came to something like this. No one wanted to be disappointed in their home, right?

"Do you have any location in mind for these projects, ma'am?" he asked as he headed right for a small living room type section of the business. A whole slew of papers was on the small table, with couches all around it. "I'm assuming we're having these built as two separate homes, yes?" he asked as he started flipping through the papers. "We've got a good number of lots right here that you could choose from!" he said with a large smile as he waved a few papers towards the human.

Sherley remained quiet and watched as Cliff initiated the transaction. Still, there was just... "Cliff?"

"Of course, due to the fact we're a new business, if you do want separate homes in two separate locations, we'll need to build one at a time," he added, going back to the papers, and having seemingly not heard his sister. "Since we're just two bats, obviously one of us needs to stay here for future clients and to maintain the place; I hope you understand."

Sherley glanced at the client and then back to her brother. "Cliff," she repeated, this time a little louder.

"Now, which one do you want us to look into first? Of course, if you have no clear idea where you'd like to settle, we do have suggestions for you! Maybe a little waterfall view for the vacation home? Or how about near a beach?" he continued on, and the more he spoke, the faster he talked, almost as if he were getting swallowed up in a whole world of his own.

"Cliff!" Sherley said again, this time significantly louder.

"Yes?!" Cliff replied, this time hearing his sister, and the two stared at each other for a moment. Sherley had hoped he would catch on on his own, but apparently not. "Did you have any ideas, Sherley?"

They stared at each other for a few more seconds before Sherley turned to the client. "I'm sorry, we're both... nervous," she admitted, giving the client a sheepish smile. "We would love to help you with your requests. I'm Sherley, the owner, and this my brother, Cliff. He's the one who's in charge of working with clients for their homes." It was the bare basics to introduce themselves, wasn't it? "Please, take a seat right over there," she invited, extending her arm towards the couches and table where Cliff was. "Could you also tell us your name?"

It clicked and felt like a brick had hit him on the head. "Oh."

He scurried over to the couch in front of him and dusted off the cushions - even though there was really no dust to brush off - and patted the couch. "Yes, please, please, come sit down!" he invited, showing the couch. He'd gotten so worked up that he'd forgotten the basics.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Echoed Homes [Open]

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/13/2016 3:50 AM

Peering down at bat that had greeted her, one that was even smaller than the other, Boss didn't seem particularly alarmed by them, either. She was a woman that was confined entirely to her human form by matters that were outside of her hands, but she was well aware and accepting of the fact that her particular case wasn't the same for everyone. Some could transform, some could not, some appeared to be human, some were definitely not, so everyone in this world was different. That was reality. There was no reason to find it strange.

Through his excitement, the woman was unable to get a word in edgewise, but it was considerably endearing. Seeing his enthusiasm for the new business was entertaining. (And it was thoughts like these that reminded her how soft she had gotten while experiencing motherhood.) She wore something of a smile on her face as he carried on and on, until his business partner stepped in.

Her naturally sharp eyes shifted to the sister, the one that introduced herself as Sherley. "That is quite all right. I cleared my schedule today, so time is not an issue." Boss had left things in capable hands for the day, as even she needed a break from her work. Besides, it afforded her the luxury of having all the time she needed to prepare arrangements for the homes and business she desired.

She moved to take a seat when it was offered, and it was as if each step was deliberate. The woman was the sort to sit with her legs crossed one over the other in a feminine fashion with nearly perfect posture. Outside of business, she was the sort to lean all the back in her chair or take on a more nonchalant stance, but this was a matter of business. And it was not one where she had to be menacing, either. In fact, this was something she could accomplish by playing nice.

"Everyone calls me Boss," she introduced herself once she was as comfortable as she was going to get. "So please do the same. It is my name, not a title."

"As for which I would like to make arrangements for first, that would be the live-in cafe. As it is the business venture of the two, its completion holds greater significance than a vacation home."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate