Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

After a Long Day (Meesh/Zapdragon)

Postby Meesh » 05/31/2016 7:05 PM

Sinopa

The woman came a slight huff as she hefted the bag of groceries. Just a few more meters until she made it to her car... She could actually feel the paper bag ripping under the weight of what was going to make tonight's dinner. Oh for the love of all that's good in the world, please don't... She really should have taken that shopping cart.

Normally Sinopa wouldn't be out shopping for groceries this late at night. It was something like eight or nine in the evening, the sun had already set ages past. But today had been another ridiculously busy day filled with far more work than Sinopa was expecting given it was just the start of summer and her teaching job wouldn't be starting until next fall. There was just so much to do. Three months to go or no, Sinopa still wasn't sure she'd be ready to start teaching when the time came around. And anyways, after a long day of work getting prepared and meeting family, Sinopa was just ready to go home, make and eat dinner, and then take a nap.

With a final rip, the bag gave way under her hands. "Cheese and crackers!" Practice for teaching an elementary school had drilled into Sinopa the habit of modifying her swears into something more five-year-old friendly. She muttered something about proper double bagging as she began gathering everything up. Thankfully she hadn't bought any eggs today, or elementary school teacher or no, perhaps she might have let some real naughty words slip.
Meesh
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Re: After a Long Day (Meesh/Zapdragon)

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/02/2016 7:46 PM

The act of hearing someone in need always seemed to create a kind of unwarranted responsibility to those who hear it. A responsibility to go and investigate, and assist if needed and if able to. Anyone who ignored such a cry for help was stuck with the guilt of wondering whether or not the person got out alright, and to some, it was an easily shakable feeling. For others, it clung to them with curiosity and worry, tickling and prodding at their empathy until they finally turned around from their path to go and help.

Blake was a gentle heart trapped in a dark outlook, one that often overrode his filter in the worst of situations. That was why he was out here, wandering around the parking lot perimeter, waiting for some policeman to call him out on it. He didn't want to face Matt right now, and he certainly didn't want to talk about any of what was said--shouted--between them. For all his forced apathy, Blake wished that feelings didn't suck so much.

But back to that exclamation of distress--as mild as it was, so mild it nearly, nearly brought a smile to Blake's face. It took him a moment to figure out where the voice came from, but he soon located a woman bent over and trying to retrieve various food items that were now rolling in various directions over the asphalt. Blake's loose gait broke into a choppy jog as he ran up, catching a can before it could roll underneath an adjacent car. "Here," he breathed, awkwardly, squinting under the streetlamp overhead as he avoided her eyes. Perhaps the harsh light would hide the fact that he had been crying earlier. Except he wore eyeliner. Damn it.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Meesh » 06/06/2016 5:51 PM

Sinopa's shoulders tensed a little as she heard the unmistakable sounds of someone moving quickly towards her, but it seemed that the stranger was here to help rather than for more sinister reasons. As Sinopa looked blankly on, the man jogged over to grab one of the rolling cans before turning and offering it to her, murmuring something that Sinopa couldn't make out even as he looked away.

The woman hesitated a moment, trying to process this stranger coming over to help her, before courtesy kicked in and she awkwardly shifted the contents in her arms to the side, balancing them carefully so she could carefully reach out and take the can, adding it to her pile. "Why thank you sir." she offered a small smile, not even sure if he would notice given he was-

Crying? Or had been, at least. The black streaks on his face made it more than a little obvious, and now Sinopa was left feeling awkward. She couldn't ask a complete stranger what was wrong, but he had obviously had a bad day and then gone out of his way to help her, a random lady wandering through a parking lot at night. But she couldn't just ignore it either... "Would you like to come over for some tea or something?" Sinopa asked. "I just bought food anyways and it's the least I could do-..."

Aaaand, now she had invited a complete stranger over. Here was to hoping he really wasn't a serial killer or something.
Meesh
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/07/2016 2:49 PM

Blake had to admit, talking was just about the worst thing you could do if you were already on the verge of tears, or had been crying. His voice came out cracked when he tried to answer, and so he shook his head in response to her thanks, half-smiling, but really only managing a grimace as he brought his hand up to rub his eyes carefully. He could sense the awkwardness in the air and frankly wanted to get away from there as quickly as possible, but...

It would be rude, at this point. Normally Blake didn't mind being rude to a certain extent, but not when someone was offering him food and he hadn't eaten in the past twenty hours or so. "I-I um," he began, clearing his throat and mustering his best steady voice, blinking a few times. "I look like a mess, but--" He managed a breathless kind of monosyllabic laugh here. "I'd hate to decline something as nice as that. And I... don't... really have anywhere else t-to be, but..." He really hated troubling people. He hated burdening people with his problems, his presence, or much of anything. "But you really don't have to do that..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Meesh » 06/10/2016 2:30 AM

Well if she wasn't sure of it before, she was now. This guy really wasn't having the best of days. Sinopa was an elementary school teacher, she could recognize that quavering voice of someone trying not to cry in her sleep, and by the man's 'uhm' she had already made up her mind.

"It's no trouble at all" and now her voice was her 'mom voice', the kind of air Sinopa would put on when seeing a child crying on the playground, or curled in the corner of her classroom. It was one of the few voices she could put on without stuttering, and it was kind while at the same time leaving little room for argument. "And the least I could do after you went out of your way to help me. Come on in." she motioned to her car- which at this point wasn't very far at all - and then pulled her keys out of her pocket, unlocking the vehicle with a quick click.

It ocurred to Sinopa as she was loading her things into the back seat that she was perhaps being the creepy one here, inviting a complete stranger into her vehicle - didn't they warn you against these sorts of things? Well, anyways, she was a teacher, not a criminal, and honestly the guy looked like he could use a good meal in him. And, well, Sinopa was determined. "I live just a few blocks down."

She gestured to the car before climbing into her own seat, and, if he decided to join her and hopin as well, began driving in the direction of her home. It only occured to her a while later that she had yet to introduce herself. "Ah, a-and I'm Sinopa." there was the stutter again, now that she had realized she had unintentionally been rude. "Teacher, or soon to be anyways. And yourself?"
Meesh
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/13/2016 2:38 AM

Blake stiffened in surprise slightly as the woman began speaking again, actually looking straight at her with wide, watery eyes. He'd ended up following her, reflecting silently that her commanding, yet kind air reminded him so much of Alice--oh... what would Alice think of what had happened? He wondered if Matt would tell her... Throat tight, he tried to focus on the situation at hand, but at this point, he just wanted to get away. "I'm Blake," he answered after a breath to steady his voice, slipping into the car with little resistance, and in a way, it scared him. How easily he walked into a stranger's car, not out of blind trust but rather out of not really caring about current consequences.

That, and... she did seem kind. A teacher, at that. "I'm still in college... ah, I'm... a music major," he murmured, settling against the seat with a small sigh through his nose, rubbing at his eyes again with a little more care not to get anything in them. He needed to wash his face, badly... "Thanks... for this. Really."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate