Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Escapology [P - Quest]

Postby Middy » 09/13/2016 2:49 AM

He had never been inside a magic shop, so the whole environment struck him as more than odd. Then again, he was there for a set purpose, and that was to find a way to impress a certain illusionist of his own. Star knew very well that he couldn't compare with Magic when it came to his trade, but there was one thing he did better than him. Mostly because Magic didn't too often partake in the art of escapology. Still he wanted to show him that he was interested in his career and had offered to be his assistant before, and even though he had helped him, he still felt the need to prove something. Star scanned the room, taking small mental notes of all the odd wares on the walls and counters. Where to start....
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Escapology [P - Quest]

Postby Middy » 09/13/2016 3:06 AM

Finding a new magic shop in town had piqued his interest, not because he legitimately needed anything from there, but mostly out of curiosity. Since he had nothing better to do for the day, he went inside. The place seemed to be standard for a magic shop, it had all the basics and everything for the budding magician. The thought did make him smile, but what really had him grinning was noticing a familiar face in the shop. Really, he never expected to see Star in a magic shop of all places, especially alone. What made it better is that he didn't notice that he came in, a perfect opportunity to sneak up on him.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/13/2016 3:29 AM

Star sighed, trying to decide what to start with in terms of escapology. There were strait-jackets, cuffs, and even coffins for choices on things to escape from. He didn't want to do anything too extreme right off the bat, so he chose the strait-jacket to start. Simple yet effective in what he wanted to achieve. It wasn't like escaping from difficult situations was hard for him, in fact, keeping him captured would have been more than a challenge in most scenarios. Just when he was going to make his way to the counter to purchase it, he felt a gloved hand rest on his shoulder, causing him to jump.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/13/2016 3:46 AM

"Doing some shopping are we?"

Star blushed from embarrassment about being caught, slowly turning around and looking up at the much taller reploid. "Oh um... I didn't expect you to be here," he replied, making an attempt to hide the strait-jacket from the other.

"Don't try to hide things from me, I know what you are up to," Magic said with a bit of a mocking but teasing tone, "I think it's nice that you want to get closer to me by giving some interest into my career."

"You know, sometimes I can never tell if you are trying to mock me, or be sincere," Star said, turning away from him with a pout.

Magic chuckled, finding the small little pout to be more cute than offensive. "When have I ever been mean to you? Come on Star, you know I was only teasing."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/13/2016 3:56 AM

Another huff from the smaller reploid before he turned back around, "I know... I just wanted this to be a surprise is all.

"It's still a surprise, trust me. And a welcome one at that," Magic smiled warmly at the other, "I might take a look around some more. It has been too long since I last walked into one of these shops, oh and if you want, I can buy that for you."

Star giggled and gave him an excited hug in return, "Really!? Oh, you are too sweet sometimes. Despite what everyone else likes to say. Alright, I'm going to see if I can find anything else then."

"Come to think of it, maybe we could go grab something to drink after. As an apology for ruining your surprise. How does that sound?"

"A drink? That sounds like a great idea! I have just the place we could go too!"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/15/2016 12:36 AM

Magic forced a smile, unsure if he wanted to take that Star had an idea of where to go as a good or bad thing. Most of the time he either chose high class restaurants or high tea, both were nice places to dine out, but very expensive. Not that money was a problem for him, he just didn't like spending it. But again, it was to keep Star happy. "So, where were you thinking of going after we are done here?"

"I was actually thinking of getting something simple this time. There is a nice coffee place around here, and it's quite inexpensive too. It's just that they have the best pastries there! I'm sure you would like it too."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/15/2016 2:59 AM

A surprised expression crept across Magic's face, he was sure he was going to name drop some expensive restaurant, not a small time coffee shop. "Really? I never expected you to choose something so run of the mill. You always continue to surprise me."

Star chuckled at that, "I'm not always into the high class stuff, I really do like the standard little eateries that just have good food or drink. Or both," he proceeded to pick out some other escapologist related items in the shop before walking to the check-out counter with Magic.

"That reminds me, why were you built to be an escapologist on top of your normal function? I don't see how that effects space exploration. Mind telling me if you know?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/15/2016 3:50 AM

Star tilted his head, really unsure on how to answer his friend's question. Or... was he more than a friend? "Well, my creator never really told me why I was programmed to be a master escapologist. In fact, he later labelled it as a bad point... so I'm not really sure how to answer that one."

"A bad point? Then why did he program that into you if he thought it was 'bad'. Truly he was an odd one," and the same man who built the man he took orders from years ago.

"Odd is an understatement. A lot of the things he programmed into us back then was questionable. I suppose he just wanted us to all be different, complete with faults. So I guess it can come down to two things. Either he thought it was a good idea in case I got stuck while in space or on a station and later decided that me being able to escape any situation wasn't a good idea, or he just did it to be weird. I'm going to go with the former."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/15/2016 4:29 AM

"Interesting," Magic turned his attention to the cashier, paying for the goods and handing the bag off to Star, "It's a good guess that's for sure, but how about we just go ask him ourselves after coffee?"

Star nodded, remembering how his creator managed to cheat death by transferring himself... in a way-- into a reploid body. Still it was fun trying to come up with some sort of logic behind his creator's actions. "Sounds like a plan! Now, shall we start heading to the coffee shop then? I have some things I want to ask you."

"Really then? Well I can't wait to hear what you wanted to ask."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/17/2016 5:55 PM

Later...

"So what was it that you wanted to ask me? It must be something important if you wanted to wait until we were seated here."

Star leaned forward after putting down his coffee, trying to find the words. He knew what he wanted to say, but for some reason he found himself nervous, almost considering backing out of asking him. "Well... um... I wanted to ask if I could..." he already felt like he was choking on his words. It was such a simple request too! So why couldn't he say it!? He slumped back in his seat, already feeling defeated.

"Star? Is something wrong? Come on, there is no need to be afraid to ask me something."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/17/2016 6:13 PM

"I want to be onstage as your assistant!" he blurted out, feeling the words fall out of his mouth at such speed that he wasn't even sure Magic understood him.

Apparently he did, as he gave him a warm smile in return. "You got yourself worked up over that? Here I thought you were asking something else... but, of course you can join me for one or two of my shows. I would love to have you on-board."

"Really!? Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise I will be a great assistant--- wait, asking something else?" what did he mean by that? Wait, did he mean what he think he meant? "Wait... are you thinking I wanted to ask you something else?

"Something else? Maybe... unless I ask you first," Magic leaned forward in his seat, resting his chin in his palm, "If you want to be my assistant, then perhaps you would be fine going on a date?"

Star felt his face heat up, not believing what he was hearing. Here was a man he looked up to, one of his best friends, and now he wanted to go out with him? He shook his head, making sure he wasn't imagining things. Finally, he found the will to respond to him, "How could I refuse? Of course I will!'
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate