Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: A Night on the Town [self]

Postby crow » 11/10/2016 5:07 AM

"O-Oh, that's... nice," Morpheus said. He knew his reaction was underwhelming but he wasn't sure what else he could say on the matter. He'd never been to a haunted house, and it didn't really sound like something he'd be interested in.

Threnody, warming to his subject, went on. "I heard they have a real mummy! And there's this machine that squirts blood... The theme this year is zombie apocalypse, but the mummy's supposed to be in the museum part, I think. And someone at my school said their mom fainted when she went. Hey, do you think I'll get to see someone pass out if I go?" Morpheus did his best not to make a face, but he didn't entirely succeed.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby crow » 11/10/2016 5:12 AM

Stray was looking in their direction with a smirk. "Sure you could," he said, closing in and slinging an arm around Morpheus's shoulders, "if you take the nerd." Morpheus stiffened at his touch, and shrugged off the arm. Stray let him, though it didn't wipe the smile off his face. "Nerds scare pretty easy."

"Hey, you never know. Maybe he'll hold up better than you," said Fade. "Didn't you grab my shoulders when we were in the exorcist room last year?" They jabbed an elbow into Stray's side, but only lightly, and their voice stayed playful rather than mocking.

Nevertheless, Stray bristled. "You're remembering wrong," he said forcefully. Fade gave a shrug of their own.

"If you say so."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/10/2016 5:14 AM

They didn't sound at all convinced, and Stray was about to say something else when Beatz cut in. "Come on, we're here to shop for costumes, right? Let's go, before all the good stuff's gone." She was already a ways ahead, and quickening her pace all the time. The rest of them had to trot to catch up.

"What's the rush?" Morpheus found himself asking. Echo was running too, and shortly she'd overtaken her cousin, but she kept going. Threnody, caught up in their momentum, started running himself, even though he'd stopped when Morpheus and Fade did.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/10/2016 5:19 AM

"Well... It's kind of late in the season to be shopping for costumes. Honestly, a lot of the good stuff is probably gone already." Morpheus's eyes widened. It was only mid-October; there were at least two weeks to go before Halloween itself. Did people really start shopping for costumes so early? He'd thought only Christmas had that sort of hype, and then only because he saw the decorations go up in November, with people forever talking about buying gifts ahead of time. He had no idea that Halloween necessitated the same level of preparation.

"When did this shop open?" he said.

Fade frowned in thought for a moment. "Ummm... I think the last week of September."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/10/2016 11:45 AM

"Usually it opens on the first of October, but people have been asking them to open earlier, I think... Though I've heard it's also about finding enough people to work here. Since they're not open year round, it's hard to keep the same people." Morpheus cast a look around at the mention of employees. He couldn't immediately discern who worked there, not knowing what it was he was looking for, but when he spotted one, he knew. They were dressed in an orange vest with the name of the store done up in bloody letters on the back. It was pretty hard to miss. Upon closer inspection, he could make out the face of a harried young woman, likely no older than college age. A cursory scan of her thoughts revealed that she just wanted to go home.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 10/14/2018 5:44 AM

Morpheus... really began to wonder if he had made the wrong decision after all when he had chosen to come with them. Or, well, maybe calling it a choice was a bit much, considering Fade did drag him along--- very literally, in fact. But nevertheless, he felt more out of his depth than he had even anticipated.

For better or for worse, the others didn't afford him much room to contemplate his life choices. A moment later, he heard an exclamation from Threnody, further into the shop. "Whoa, look at these!" he said with obvious glee.

[Wild Pet Found]
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous