Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: What I'm thankful for? [Self][Quest]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2016 4:43 PM

"Hold on, I'm coming in" called Candy in her cheerful voice. She breathed in deeply; she was actually very nervous about how he would react, but she hoped it would be good. In her hands she held a small box which contained a gift for him - she knew they had never officially agreed to exchange gifts for Thanks For Life Day, but she couldn't resist when she saw them!

She took a step forward and pushed the door open to the kitchen. "Well, how do I look?" she asked him with a smile, as she saw him for the first time since that morning.

[76]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2016 4:53 PM

Crax's jaw dropped when he saw her for the first time since they separated that morning. He was glad he hadn't picked anything up yet, because he felt like he might have dropped it!

"You look..." he paused a moment, searching for the right words. "Beautiful, amazing, stunning, I don't know how to describe you - radiant? I'm going with radiant" he spluttered, blushing. He couldn't express how amazing she looked to him in that moment, framed by the dark wooden doorway and with a warm glow lighting her from the room behind.

[77]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2016 5:09 PM

Candy blushed and smiled widely, lighting up her whole face. He was so endearing when he was flustered, and it was secretly one of her favourite things to see. She stepped forward and glanced at the food behind him, letting out a soft giggle. It looked like he had prepared an absolute feast! She couldn't wait to sit down for dinner!

[78]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2016 5:12 PM

Crax fumbled for the box in his pocket as he gazed at her. She was so lovely, and the gift he had for her would match her outfit perfectly. He couldn't have picked it out better if she had told him what she planned to wear beforehand.

"I got you a little something - saw it and thought of you" he said with a smile, holding the gift box out to her. He was no longer as nervous as he had been before, though excitement was quickly taking its place!

[79]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2016 5:16 PM

Candy took the gift box carefully from his hands. She was overjoyed at the thought that they had both had the same idea, and couldn't wait for him to open his gift. Now that she had seen his outfit, she knew she had made the right choice - it would match perfectly.

"I got you something too - I hope you like it" she said with a smile, handing her box over. It didn't matter that his was bigger in size; with them, it had always been the thought that counted.

[80]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2016 8:10 PM

"You go first" he said, shyly; since when had he been shy with her? Crax mentally slapped himself; he couldn't afford to make things uncomfortable - not now, when everything seemed to be going well. She'd dressed up like that for a dinner for the two of them, hadn't she? Surely, that had to mean something. Ladies didn't dress up like this for dinner with a housemate, right?

[81]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2016 8:13 PM

"Okay" Candy said, blushing a delicate shade of rose. She was curious about his behaviour, as he was never this nervous with her. Carefully, she untied the bow from around the box, and slipped the lid off.

"It's beautiful!" she gasped, placing a hand on her chest. Inside the box was a gorgeous pink pearl necklace, and a delicate pair of pink pearl drop earrings.

[82]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 2:16 PM

"I saw them and I thought about you, and how good they would look on you..." Crax said with a smile, watching the way her face lit up as she looked at his gift. He was relieved that all his worrying had been for nothing.

"They're perfect, thank you" Candy whispered with awe in her voice. He really couldn't have picked a more perfect gift. They matched tonight's outfit perfectly, and she smiled as she put them on then and there.

[83]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 2:19 PM

"Open yours" she smiled at him as she said it, gesturing to the box he held. Carefully, he lifted the lid off to reveal a pair of exquisite silver cuff links set with a pale abalone. They matched the patterns in his eyes, and went with his outfit as well!

"Thank you, they're gorgeous!" he said with awe, lifting one of them out of the box delicately to better see the pattern. They would look good with all of his suits, and matched the tie pin she had given him for his birthday.

[84]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 2:23 PM

Once they were both wearing their gifts, Crax carefully carried the first dishes through to the living room. He set them down on the table, carefully avoiding the decorations, and stood up to admire the whole room.

"You've done a fantastic job here, Candy - it looks so festive!" he exclaimed, staring at the fishbowls with floating candles in them and the light they cast on the room. He thought to himself; what was it that was said about candle-lit dinners with your significant other? He grinned at the chair covers; so that was what she had wanted his mini sewing machine for!

[85]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 2:31 PM

She giggled and accepted his praise happily. She had enjoyed the work that went into decorating the room, and if the gorgeous food was anything to go by she would bet he had also enjoyed his share of the preparations!

"The food smells so good, and looks even better!" she exclaimed, catching sight of the delicate gingerbread butterflies and the pumpkin tarts. She could see he had prepared all of her Thanks For Life Day favourites, and she couldn't wait to dig into them. Everything looked so delicious, she hardly knew where to begin!

[86]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 2:35 PM

"Thank you, but there's a bit more to come out" Crax said cheerfully, watching the way her eyes went wide when she looked back into the kitchen. Back and forth he went, carrying everything out until all that was left was the cheesecake - which he would save for later!

"Mind you save room for dessert - I've got a special surprise for you" he said with a grin. Candy couldn't help but smile in anticipation. She hoped he had remembered about the clotted cream cheesecake; they had talked about it, but he hadn't been sure whether he would have enough time in-between the turkey to make it.

[87]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 2:37 PM

As they took their seats, Crax began to get nervous again. In a moment, they would be sharing what they were thankful for and he hoped his would be well-received. After all, to have gotten this far and for her not to reciprocate...

He didn't want to think about that. He would just plow ahead and throw caution to the wind, and see what would happen.

[88]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 4:57 PM

Candy smiled; she was very nervous, because she could see that Crax was nervous, and if Crax was nervous there was something to be nervous about. She could see he was gearing up to do something, but she wouldn't let herself hope he was going to say anything good - that didn't look like his excited face. Still, she wouldn't jump the gun - you could never quite be sure with Crax, and she hoped she didn't look too nervous herself.

She smiled encouragingly at him, before beginning to speak. "So, would you like to give thanks first, or shall I?" she asked, hoping he would choose to go first.

[89]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 5:00 PM

Crax took a deep breath, and breathed out slowly. This was it; the final moment, the pinnacle of his plan. He suddenly felt very calm, as the words he had been practising for days swam to the front of his mind.

He smiled, suddenly at ease with himself as he saw her looking at him anxiously, biting her lip in that adorable way she did when she was worried about something. This was all for her, after all, so he would give her everything - he would give her his heart, and he would not regret it, come what may.

[90]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext