Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/22/2008 12:51 AM

The one brother wasn't too intent on moving. No, he'd stay with Aaron for a little while, just rest, keep a watchful eye on things. He and Ente were somewhat baffled by Benji's action. For now, they'd let the sleeping one's lay. There was some quiet exchange of words between Strages and Incruente. It ended with the doctor of the two leaving the stethoscope and pills in his bag, which he left there by the couch. Strages let Aaron use his lap for a pillow, covering him with a blanket to try and knock the chilled temperature of his flesh away.

Most everyone gave them space and time to cool down. The four females passed time fluttering about the kitchen. Okay, Intre was mostly leaning against the counter and reading. She was no cook. Nor was Niti. She could cook, but didn't like to. Nope, she got food from her 'mother' otherwise known as Bangori. But Nardat and Akaona were finishing up the meal preparations. They'd volunteered for such work previously. Liam, he was sitting around, hoping that his body didn't act up on him. Adze was back to not caring at all, wish the females would quit bustling about and disturbing his work. Ente, he hovered about randomly.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Aaron [8]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/22/2008 1:27 AM

While Aaron's BODY slept, his mind was active, seeking out, and touching the minds of every single one of his children - including the injured and pregnant Atros, and the ill Cody in other parts of the city. It reverberated through their entire beings, bringing with it a different emotion for each. For Atros, Adze, and Intre, there was the feeling of sorrow. Of remorse. Of apology. And of tears. Indeed, Aaron's physical eyes leaked tears as he spoke to them, and only them, through telepathy.

~ My children... I am so sorry. I have not been where I belonged, and for that, I don't blame you if you hate me. I never got to fully meet you, let alone understand you, and I understand how much you may want to murder me at this moment. I don't blame you if one of you draws a gun and shoots me. ~

The next bits of mental dialog were only audible to those they were addressed to.

~ Intrepidus... I'm sorry for what I've done to you, not being here. I wanted to protect you from the world, to shelter you and watch you grow into a fine young woman... it seems as though you have done this with me, though. Which makes me very sad. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive this stupid man his faults. ~

~ Adze... How could you ever forgive me? I never even got to see you before I left, as the nurse only showed me one of my children before the military called me back. I know how badly you must hate me for being absent, and I.... I know it can't change things, but I'm so very, very sorry. If you ever forgive me... I know that would make me very happy. But don't do so out of any feeling of duty. To see you sad makes ME sad. ~

~ Atros... My poor, poor deranged son. I wish you could have been here to see me home, but I heard of your misfortune, and I swear I will find that boy and make him pay, if Strages hasn't already. I love you. Sleep well, and I'll come see you later. ~

And now, his tone changed, as he was talking to Liam and his sister and brother.

~ Liam... ahh, my Liam. I have heard much about you from Strages' letters. I hear you are experimenting with magic. Just know that ANY time you need any assistance, I'm here for you. I may not have been here previously, but I'm here now. I wish I could have been there to help you start to learn, but.... Oh Liam... can you ever forgive me, my son? ~

~ Nardat... I was looking forward to meeting you, but it appears that fond tidings may have to wait. From what I've heard from Strages, you have become a beautiful, intelligent, and talented woman that I am proud to call my daughter. I know I have not been where I needed to be, but I am so very proud of you all the same. Do you think you can find it in you to forgive me for my absence, sweetheart? ~

~ Rein... I don't know where you are, and I had hoped to meet you here. There is something about you that intrigues me. If there was one thing I'd like to ask you right now, it would be to tell me where you are. Not in physical location, but in life. I want to know what interests you, so I can learn about it, and have something worthwhile to discuss when we finally meet face to face. Forgive me? Please? ~

He didn't address any of his grandsons but Vivax, as he knew Cody probably needed his sleep, and the other one was most likely too protective to stop and chat. According to Zaak's letters, anyway.

~ Vivax... I can't say for certain how you feel about me. As a grandfather, I believe I am an epic failure. As a father, even moreso. But I wish I had been there at your birth, and been there to spoil you when I had the chance. Unfortunately, life doesn't quite work that way, and there are things we can't change. Can you forgive your grandpa for not being there when you needed him? ~

And now, he was back to the general assembly.

~ I love you all, very, very much. And I hope you have it in your hearts to love me, and to forgive me. However, if you do not, I can understand. My father was absent for much of my life, and I know what it's like. I wish I had never had to do this to you all... ~

With that, more tears trickled from his closed eyes, and he stifled a sob, still sleeping.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/23/2008 2:16 AM

All of the children had a different reaction. The moment that Aaron contacted them, a pan clattered as it crashed to the kitchen floor, a mistake from Nardat. One of Adze's ears flicked before both of them laid back against his head. Intrepidus stopped mid sentence in the line from her book she was reading to herself aloud. Vivax was the best to handle it, oddly. He didn't show a reaction, he was patient in listening, listening intently. The worse in handling it was Liam. He yelped, his heart speeding up from being started, drumming erratically as he made an effort to calm himself down. He was used to the ache that didn't want to go away. He hid it most of the time, now being a said one of the times. 'Fix yourself, fix yourself.' He had to remind himself. There was already worry for his father, they need not to worry about him too.
All of the reactions in unison with each other, particularly the bang from the pan and the yelp, even made Strages jump. It'd been so quiet. Great he hoped he hadn't jolted Aaron. Tears. Wait, tears? His hand was soon to wrap around the pendent of the necklace once again, wiping away the tears with his other hand, suddenly fretting again. The gods forbid Strages from having an ill heart, he would have died off a stress based heat attack.

Before anything could be done, one of the daughters came racing from the kitchen. Nardat had reverted back to her younger form, appearing roughly seven years of age, happy to do so for this occasion. She was always the most carefree of the children. Unlike Intrepidus, who was raised completely around males her whole life save for her grandmother, she was lucky. She had her older sister, Nitidus and Akaona. She hadn't felt so...out of place. In such, she had always wanted to meet her father. Her second father. Perhaps she was a daddy's little girl type. Which would work well, since she had two fathers. It was Aaron who brought her forward. Reaching the sofa with her parents, she slowed, becoming hesitant for fear of waking the one who was sick and had just contacted her at a bad time. But, still, she had a few words to say, rather or not he was awake to hear. They'd reach him somehow.
"Daddy...You never did us wrong." She said, her younger voice sweeter then it was when she was older. "I have nothing to forgive you for, since there was no fault you could control. You don't have to apologize. No matter what...I still love you." With her soft words, she leaned over to give him a kiss on the forehead, finding some form of approval in that of her other father's gaze.

Intre...She watched, leaning against the frame between the kitchen and the living room area. Liam, he was still silent, calming himself and listening to his sister's words. He'd say much the same thing, when he was able. Surrounding them still didn't appear to be a very good idea.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Aaron [9]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/23/2008 2:50 AM

Aaron woke, and took his daughter in his arms, crying into her hair before letting her go, and curling up into Strages. He was sick. Tired. And full of regret and remorse for a situation he had no control over. What's more, his heart was acting strange again. He reached up with his free hand to clench over his heart, head bowing, and tucking into Strages' chest.

"I... can't sleep right now, love. Is there something to eat?"

He looked up at him with pain-filled, but hopeful eyes. And gave him a little grin to try and cheer HIM up. Benji was still curled up by the fire, and seemed to really pay the situation no mind. Not asleep, but biding his time. Aaron looked over at Incruente.

"Thank you... very much. I don't know what's wrong with me, but that medication is at least helping... Liam?"

He sat up a bit more, and peered over the couch to Liam.

"Jes... something's wrong with Liam..."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/24/2008 2:16 AM

"Daddy, you don't have to cry." The young girl whispered, to the 'daddy' that she just met, when he pulled her close. She didn't want him to be sad, to be guilty for what he had no say in. Out of all the children, she was one of the few that really wanted things to work out with the family. She could never even think to blame him, she was just happy that he was back. That, after all this time, she got to have him in her life.
"Grandmother, Sis, Aunt Niti and I have been preparing dinner." Nardat went on to explain upon Strages' behalf. Young, yes, but she had an older air there. A normal seven year old wouldn't be cooking dinner. She was off to fetch plates of food.

With Aaron's attempts, it was still very much a mystery when it came to Strages' level of cheer. He had reason to be more pleasant, but he'd need a more...uplifting time. Right now, he was serious, trying to remain as in control of the situation as possible. He didn't want chaos breaking out here. And, he didn't think much of it, but he was getting a peculiar feeling...

Ente nodded his head to Aaron. "My son, Benji, appears to be in a situation similar to your's. I have the medication on hand..." He trailed off to look at his nephew, and Strages did much the same.

"N-no, I'm okay..." Liam suddenly protested, and hand clutched over his heart. It hurt...It hurt, but he'd take it. Both his father and his uncle new full well what the problem was when they looked at him, knowing that the problem had moved on into the next generation, again. No matter what happened, the young Lucain would take it. He actually preferred trying to heal himself over relying on the medication. He knew full well that reliance on meds wasn't a very a good thing.

"He inherited it." Strages said, slipping from his place on the couch, only to have a hand lift to his head. Eh. What was going on with him now?

"Don't worry." It was a surprise when Intrepidus stepped in, walking by, briefly having a hand on her father's shoulder. She and Ente went to Liam's aid. It took her convincing before her younger brother would agree to taking the medication Incruente provided. Apparently, being startled wasn't good for his heart.But he'd be okay for the time being. Constantly, he danced around the lines from okay to needing medical attention. He was just too hard headed to let the problem get him down. Besides, if this came from Aaron, then...he had a part of him. He tended to look at it that why as he grew up. He didn't know his father, but he had that connection with him because of the illness of his heart.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/24/2008 5:35 PM

Satisfied with the answer, Aaron nodded to his son, and lie back down. He couldn't stay that way for long. Coughing started as soon as he had been down for a few moments, and he sat back up, hand over his mouth. It was a new symptom. He'd had a fever for a while now, but had been taking fever reducers he sort of 'stole' from Rukaj's pack to keep it under control. Now, it was back, and showed. His face looked a little flushed. He shook his head hard to try and get rid of some of the sudden fatigue, but that failed. After a moment, coughing started again, and he had to get up [slowly] and walk around to try and keep awake. He didn't let anyone know why but Strages, and he knew his finacee knew without him verbally telling him anything. The connection between the two of them had been growing stronger and stronger. Now, it was almost as if they were one being. He was feeling was Strages was, when he ventured a mental 'prod' at him. Nothing seemed too out of place for an exhausted, stressed man about to be married. Regardless, Aaron walked over to him, and wrapped his arms around him, just holding him close.

"I love you, Jes..." he murmured, half-asleep on his feet. "Thanks for taking care of me..."

He rested his head on his lover's shoulder, and closed his eyes.

"Later... you and me... alone?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/24/2008 9:43 PM

Strages oversaw that Liam got his medication, even though he was standing across the room. He was thankful that Intrepidus stepped in to handle things. But he'd continue to feel as he failed as a father too. Aaron couldn't just blame himself, though he appeared to. Strages was the one who wasn't forced away into the war, but had so many other things. He had little time to care for the children as he wished he could. In fact, Akaona helped him so much. If it wasn't for her, he was sure they would all be far worse off then they were. He tried to act as the support for his family, but failed. Failed miserably, at that.

Now what? He was getting ill too? And his fiance... Happiness didn't appear to be something that he could ever achieve for very long. It took a toll on him, adding years to his appearence. He was physically older then when he and Aaron had first met, and...he had a lot of mental differences too.

"I love you." He replied, letting his arms go around his beloved as well. If they were both getting sick, or already were, then there wasn't much use in trying to stay apart. "More then the world."

"Dinner is ready." Nitidus called, peering into the other room.

She disappeared and, moments later, Nardat appeared once more balancing a tray with two plates and a few different glasses of beverages. She was back to being older again, easier to manage this way. "If you're up to it." She slid the tray onto the coffee table for her fathers to do what they liked with it. Other then that, she was afraid to disturb them. She went to prod Benji, and announce to her uncle, brother and sister that food was ready, if they were.
Tonights dish was an interesting combination, since everyone wanted to make something different: lasagna, chicken soup and crackers, salad and rice.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/24/2008 10:55 PM

Aaron sighed, and looked up into Strages' eyes. What had he done? And HE had to have done it. No one else could ever cause Strages to look that way. So worn.... so tired. He almost choked up, thinking about how much his love had changed since they met. And it was because of him. HIS stupid heart. HIS being called off to war. HE was causing stress for Strages, and it hurt him. Hurt him badly. He leaned forward into him, and whispered into his ear, tears running down his face.

"I'm so sorry... So... so sorry. I've done so much to you, and... I know I have. How can I say that I love you if... if I drive you to such extremes?"

More tears fell. He was alone with Strages now, no one else in the room. Benji had gone to eat dinner with the rest of them, and Aaron was left with his finacee.

"How can I call myself your husband if all I do is hurt you? Look at you... look at me... we're wrecks. Gods, you've done so much for me... But what have I done for you but cause you stress and pain? That's not what I wanted to do, I swear it. I wish I could make it up to you...."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/24/2008 11:40 PM

Strages shook his head, using one of his hands to brush into Aaron's hair. Sure...he'd changed. Sure, he hated it a lot of them time. He resorted to his destructive habits, using guns to take down various targets and yadda yadda. He tried not to be truly violent anymore, unless the situation seriously ticked him off. He'd always been destructive, there was no changing that. But now...there was more then that to his life. It had more purpose then just blood, blood, fight, kill, blood. He'd been spared from loosing himself completely. That was a good point. A very good point.

"You've saved me from myself." He stated quietly, voice firm. Why did he have to cry? It...It made things harder too, since then he felt he caused him to cry. It was a vicious cycle, both of them blaming themselves for one thing or another. They always looked to their own selves when they decided to blame someone. They were both kind, in that, not blaming someone else.

"Isn't that what marriage is about? Facing any burden that arises, together? If I was perfectly fine while I had to watch you in such pain, how do you think that would leave me? At least we have each other."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/26/2008 5:39 AM

That answer was good enough to Aaron. He closed his eyes, and then opened them, a flicker of mischief in them. So what? They were both sick. Didn't mean that they couldn't have a little fun. He had a few bites of the dinner, then tugged Strages upstairs. He was in the mood for some entertainment, not food. And he WAS feeling better, even if it was just endorphins. Plus... The spirit inside him was giving him this night. Giving it to him, and taking on the coming illness himself. At least for tonight. Now, now all Aaron wanted to do was spend time with his fiancee. A sly smile touched his lips as he flipped on the stereo, slipping in a CD he'd brought with him to war, but never got to actually play. Not that he wanted to dance for anyone else. The music was slow, sexy club music, and he started to dance, lithe body writhing and twisting with the music. He was GOOD. Very good. And he looked better too. His gaze was sly, and he danced up to Strages to pull him over, and start dancing WITH him, in a very intimate manner. Dancing was an outlet for him. One he was particularly skilled at.

"For now..." he whispered into Strages' ear. "You and me. Alone. Dancing. The spirit has taken the disease for now. He's giving me this night. And I'm going to make the best of it."

After that, he kissed Strages passionately, tangling his fingers in his hair, and using his other hand to run up his back slowly.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2008 6:14 AM

At least one of them got to eat, and at least one of them was skilled, comfortable and not innerly embarrassed. Strages was fine without the food, since he was able to eat before picking Aaron up and he was more concerned that he ate, not himself. He willingly let himself be dragged upstairs, since he longed for time alone with him too. At first he was wary, of a few things, like the health factor. But when the music started - his ears flicking as it did - he could clearly see a sudden rise in health. He watched Aaron go about. His heart fluttered, the good kind, but a part of it ached. He couldn't dance, simple as that. He could get away with the formal crap, but not this kind of dancing. He appreciated it but him dancing, no. He never exactly danced in his life, he never needed to, nor did her partake in any activities that could prepare him in the slightest. He could fight, a very small amount of that could work, but no, still. For once, he was actually embarrassed about it.
When he was dragged over, he whimpered in protest, his feelings of embarrassment being quite clear. He could be honest with him. Compared to Aaron, he was a log. Not a full log, since he managed to pick up the beat, but he was panicking. "Look, I can't dance. I love you! But I just can't dance." Now he felt sorta helpless, not knowing that to do here.

An objection to what words were delivered, or what actions followed, would be blasphemy. He kissed back tentatively, due to being ruffled as he was, though it soon turned fervent, nearly overwhelmingly so. He couldn't even BEGIN to explain the ache that it caused him when they were separated. He wanted nothing more then just to have this time with him.
Even all ruffled and lost as he was with this dancing thing, he was excited. So many feelings battled over who was dominate.
To even attempt the feat of dancing, he was going to need help.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/26/2008 6:23 AM

Aaron laughed quietly, and nipped at his throat. Then just moved with him, placing his hands, and making Strages' body move with the music, hands on his sides and hips. A wink, and he went back to kissing, reaching back with his foot to turn the radio off. His lips did the talking, but not in the conventional way. He didn't NEED words. Just the sound of their breath, of their hearts. His chest pressed against Strages', his eyes gazing into Strages' eyes. No, no words needed to be said. They were at perfect peace with just being like this. He 'rrrred' softly, and nipped at his throat again, licking too.
Then, the passion between them started to boil. Aaron's hands came up to tangle again in Strages' hair, and his lips pressed to his finacee's. Still no words. They would have spoiled everything. Just standing there, kissing, enjoying each other... that was all they needed. All Aaron WANTED. To be together.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2008 6:44 AM

A part of him liked the music, believe it or not, adding new background noise that he wasn't accustomed to made things...different, unique. But this worked. Oh, did this work. Hearts, breath, it created a melody unique to them as a couple, one only formed when they were together. Kisses were delivered back, as were the affection filled licks and nibbles he managed to weave in there. A growl rumbled from within his chest, though it was gently, as if he was imitating a cat's purr. His tails refused to hold still, like during their most recent trip to that center, they reflected undeniable glee.
He'd trapped Aaron there against him, not willing to set him free, one arm around his waist, the other going under his arm, up his back to hold his head as they kissed, a sufficient trap indeed. He wanted this. Them together was better then anything. Almost literally, Aaron had become the replacement intoxicating drug to the blood he used to long for. He loved his fiance far more, to extent that couldn't be expressed in words.

He wanted to try something, and was curious if he'd be allowed. He was positive that he'd been given the okay to do just about anything, but this was something else, more serious. More serious then just them, even if it's reasoning to Strages was all about them. He wanted to ask, but didn't wanted to break the heaven-like state they were in together. "Mmmm." Was the only sound that going past him verbally, which would have truly been a 'Humm' and a 'it can wait for a little bit longer'. Instead, it just sounded like one of those usual verbally reactions in this case.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/26/2008 7:00 AM

Oh, and he was more than happy enough to be trapped. His heart was starting to race as he went in for yet another kiss. His body shivered in pleasure, and his fingers curled tighter. This was bliss. Heaven. Possibly the closest to Heaven he'd ever been. He didn't want to stop. And if he had his way, he wasn't going to have to. Leaning up to whisper in Strages' ear, he said what both of them were likely thinking.

"I want you..."

Oh yes. Yes, he did. He wanted him all to himself. In all ways. He was his. And he belonged to Jes. But that wasn't something that was master/slave sort of relationship. It was mutual. A mutual bond that they had. One that would never be broken. Most likely, if it ever WERE broken, one or both of them would go insane.
Aaron's fingers slid down, and unbuttoned Strages' shirt, sliding it off his shoulders, and burying himself in the strong chest. Gods... all he wanted to do was stay here in his arms. He wanted more than that, but right now, right now he was safe. He felt safe. Secure. Wanted. And, frankly, that was the most important thing at this moment.

"Hold me...." he said softly, curled against him.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2008 7:22 AM

His body trembled, tremors of emotion rippling throughout his whole frame. At this rate, he wouldn't be stable enough to stand for much longer. Good gods, the effect this all hand on Strages wasn't very comprehensible. He'd never felt so vulnerable to something, and had never been so unexplainable enthusiastic about the vulnerability either. Aaron was his drug, his heaven, so much more then that. He'd changed his life, in ways that he saw for the better, he DID keep him sane. Having that ripped away or threatened wasn't something he intended to let happened. He'd fight that with all he had if it arose. But he didn't want to think of that now. Now, he wanted to pretend they could be like this forever.
The feelings were undeniably mutual; ever last bit of him belonged to Aaron, and the switched version of that was true too.

Yes, no longer able to stand. Things would be easier if they weren't, especially the request. He started stepping back, hold unbreaking, as he guided them back to the bed. Be planted himself on the edge so either of two things could be done, Aaron could remain standing, or his could just come up into his lap. Where this would now lead them? Could be a great many of places.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext